Author Topic: Don Alejandro Cirilo Perez Oxlaj  (Read 24983 times)

Offline Spandex~Atom

Don Alejandro Cirilo Perez Oxlaj
« on: December 08, 2010, 12:35:58 am »
Don Alejandro Cirilo Perez Oxlaj speaks in the film being produced called 'Shift of the Ages'.
The following link is the site where excerpts of the film are available, and where people are able to support the fundraising effort for the film by donating money and joining the Ambassador Program.

Home:
http://www.shiftoftheages.com/

Videos/excerpts:
http://www.shiftoftheages.com/wandering_wolfs_message

Fundraising:
http://www.shiftoftheages.com/compare-ambassador-levels

I don't find anything fake in what he says in the videos at the second link, and I'm sure it takes alot of money to make this film, so don't feel it's bad to ask for donations.......he doesn't look like someone who could fund a serious production like this, with all the travel expenses.

What are your impressions of Don Alejandro Cirilo Perez Oxlaj, and his message?

- Spandex~Atom

Offline Peasant

Re: Don Alejandro Cirilo Perez Oxlaj
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 10:23:02 am »
Alejandro Cirilo Perez/Wandering Wolf is said to be the grand elder of the "National Mayan Council of Indigenous Elders in Guatemala".

I'm not sure, it seems to be very hard to find factual information about him that's not related to all kinds of '2012 shift' or doomsday websites. But i've found some interesting links:

Many have begun to take seriously the "prediction" that the world will implode within the next two years. But according to Mayan Elder Grandfather Don Alejandro Cirilo, all we need to fear about December 21, 2012 is a slight chance of cloud cover, and "heart attacks caused by too much thinking".
http://www.ipsterraviva.net/UN/currentNew.aspx?new=8267

It starts getting exciting when Wandering Wolf speaks of the Pleiades, where the Four Prophets came from. He says they built the pyramids, and left the ancient knowledge with the Maya. He says we may still have 40 or 50 years to go before the 5th world begins. What? I can almost hear the silent groans coming from the chat board. Wandering Wolf repeats that we may have another 40-50 years to go. He has just told us that 2012 has nothing to do with the Gregorian calendar and therefore we are waiting for something that is not coming, at least not so soon as some people expect.
http://jlnavarro.blogspot.com/2010/08/wandering-wolfs-esotv-webcast-message.html

He seems to be genuine to me, even though in the past few years he has appeared at workshops where some frauds have also put on a show. I guess he may have simply seen an opportunity to share his message. What matters to me at the moment is that he has at least denounced the 2012 BS and probably helped a lot of people wake up from their '2012 dreamworld'. For me his words were the confirmation that i needed, to know for sure. But, like i said, i'm not sure about his background and all that. Hope a more experienced fraud researcher here can take a look at all this.

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 10:30:04 pm »
The council that Perez is part of, the name in Spanish translates a couple different ways. The link calls them National Mayan Council of Indigenous Elders in Guatemala. But the original name is Consejo de Ancianos Mayas.

The subtleties of translation are important, because I see at least half a dozen variation on the name out there in English. Consejo is pretty straight forward, a council or gathering. Mayas is the other word. Notice it is NOT Mayans, but Mayas, no N. Attached to another word, as Ancianos Mayas, means Mayas is an adjective, not a noun.

Anciano has a number of possible meanings, from elder to elderly to old, to what I think is the intended and strongly implied meaning, ancient. So their name is not "Mayan Council of Indigenous Elders" but something closer to "Council of Maya Ancients." And there's no mention at all in the original title of National nor Guatemala. They are not claiming, in their title, to be a nationwide group at all. They arer also not necessarily claiming to be indigenous but rather some kinds of heirs. Rather their title suggests they claim to be a group of (not necessarily) Mayan people preserving what they see as ancient Mayan traditions.

While I'm reluctant to use this as a source, one of the few non-Nuage sources on them in English is this wiki page.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayanism
And its subject, sure enough, is outsiders use of what they see as "true" ancient Mayan traditions, going back before Nuage to UFO people and people who wrote fantasies about ancient "lost" peoples. Think Edgar Rice Burroughs etc. Wiki mentions:

"A growing number of individuals of indigenous or reportedly indigenous Maya ancestry have emerged as advocates and supporters of Mayanism. These include César Mena Toto (also known as Hunbatz Men) and the Quiché spiritual guide Alejandro Cirilo Pérez Oxlaj (also known as "Wandering Wolf"). These individuals identify themselves as traditional shamans, but do also interact with, and refer to modern New Age phenomenal beliefs as in the lost continent of Atlantis, reverence for crystal skulls, and mediumship of extraterrestrial entities such as the Pleiadeans."

Also:
"On January 14, 2008, Álvaro Colom was inaugurated as the President of Guatemala. Colom is said to have been ordained as a "non-Mayan Mayan priest" by Alejandro Cirilio Pérez Oxlaj, who represented the Maya people at his inauguration. A BBC article reports that "he will regularly consult a group of spiritual leaders, known as the Mayan Elders National Council". (This group has also been identified as the National Mayan Council of Elders of Guatemala, the Consejo de Ancianos Mayas, Council of Elders of the Sacred Mayas, and other names.)"

Guatemala was split by civil war for 30 years, with a semi fascist govt that often allied with evangelicals vs an Indian population that sometimes had elements led by either Mayan traditionalists, leftist Catholics, or Marxists with materilaist and atheistic ideas. A Nuage president, influenced by Nuage ideas about Mayans, has some understandable appeal as a third way that's less controversial.

I think it quite likely, in fact almost certain, that Perez is Mayan, or least has Mayan ancestry. It'd be kind of hard not to be in Guatemala, except for the wealthiest whites. But as for elder, well, he's certainly elderly, but some of his followers if not all are certainly Nuage.

Looking for that council on Spanish language sites and you get nothing but more Nuage sites. If this were actual NDN elders concerned with NDN issues, you'd expect to see those issues mentioned quite a bit, not talk about harmonics.
That, plus all of Perez's very Nuage and pre-Nuage but definitely nontraditional ideas.

revealer

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 11:46:35 pm »

http://www.shiftoftheages.com/grand-elder-grandfather-cirilo-perez-oxlaj

"Wandering Wolf serves as: leader of the National Mayan Council of Elders of Guatemala; Day Keeper of the Mayan Calendar; 13th generation Quiche Mayan Spiritual Leader; a founder and Grand Elder of the Continental Council of Elders & Spiritual Guides of the Americas; Extraordinary Ambassador in the Guatemalan government representing the indigenous pueblos; and an international lecturer on Mayan culture."

Any guess this is also the 'Continental Council' that Kiesha Crowther claims ?

Offline Spandex~Atom

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 04:35:51 pm »
That's a different council, and not the National Council of Indiginous Elders 'Gathering' promoted by Adam DeArmon, and later made reference to as if it is an ongoing Council in the sense of an 'official body'.

Offline Spandex~Atom

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2010, 04:36:05 pm »
.......This is the link, been watching her and others for a while now, i signed up for a while to news letters, she sent one out requesting money to send some Mayan elder on some tour to someplace to fulifll his life path?
http://www.kachina.net/~alunajoy/

Would that be Don Alejandro Cirilo Perez Oxlaj (Wandering Wolf)?

To be blunt, and at the risk of appearing disrespectful, I don't really understand why he is going about things the way he is. He needs to invest in a digital camera with whatever donations he has allready got, and a laptop, or get them for someone who can use them, and stick up his message on youtube. It will reach a wide audience, The concept of producing a movie like he has been trying to do for years, which takes a huge bundle of money, is unnecessary in this day and age. He could have sent a digital video and laptop to many of the other communities with the elders he wants to have in the movie and organised it that way. Anyone who cares about the topic won't mind about the production quality. Maybe his advisors aren't really doing a good job in advising him.

Offline Sparks

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2012, 01:14:04 am »
Many have begun to take seriously the "prediction" that the world will implode within the next two years. But according to Mayan Elder Grandfather Don Alejandro Cirilo, all we need to fear about December 21, 2012 is a slight chance of cloud cover, and "heart attacks caused by too much thinking".
[…]
What matters to me at the moment is that he has at least denounced the 2012 BS and probably helped a lot of people wake up from their '2012 dreamworld'

"Does not compute":

At the LatinoLA Site, there is a report of the announcement (circa 2000 AD) by the Mayan elder, Don Alejandro Cirilo Pérez Oxlaj, which includes the following: "...on Dec. 20, 2012, Mother Earth will pass inside the center of a magnetic axis and that it may be darkened with a great cloud for 60 to 70 hours and that because of environmental degradation, she may not be strong enough to survive the effects. "It will enter another age, but when it does, there will be great and serious events. Earthquakes, maremotos (tsunamis), floods, volcanic eruptions and great illness on the planet Earth. Few survivors will be left." Don Alejandro has been sent as a messenger from a council of elders to warn the world that we must change the way we live and take care of Earth. We hope his message resonates with people of all faiths and beliefs."

Offline Sparks

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2014, 06:53:21 am »
This is an announcement from the official Facebook page of the Embassy of Guatemala in Oslo, Norway:

Embajada de Guatemala en Oslo [August 21, 2014]

Drammen - Bergen - Oslo - September 14th to 29th 2014

For the first time in Norway, Wakatel Utiw "Wondering Wolf", Guatemalan Mayan Elder, comes with a message of "peace and intercultural exchange".

The Embassy of Guatemala in Norway has the pleasure to announce the coming of the Leader of the Indigenous Council of the Americas, Elder Alejandro Cirilo Perez Oxlaj to these nordic lands.

The Mayan wisdom, the one our ancestors left us, lives in the heart of Guatemala and is coming to Norway this September 2014.

Wakatel Utiw, as he is called, the Elder Alejandro Cirilo Pérez is coming with a message of peace and love for Mother Earth and for all human beings that live in it.

"My words are friends and allies of peace, not of war, not of pollution. I wish and I fight for peace in the forests, peace in the waters of the oceans, lakes rivers, peace in Earth and among all human beings"

- Elder Alejandro Cirilo Perez -

So now this "Mayan Grandfather" is coming to my whereabouts. See also:

https://www.facebook.com/events/270937736445283/
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=834212766591097 (In Spanish.)

Has anybody learnt more about this person since this thread was started, and what is "The Indigenous Council of the Americas"?

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2014, 05:42:28 pm »
The phrase "intercultural exchange" or "cultural exchange" seems to be the new euphemism for "ceremony selling."

Offline Diana

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2014, 09:19:19 pm »
Spark, the links to the Facebook you provided are not working...? This is the msg I get, "This content is currently unavailable. The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page".

Hmmm... that seems odd. Were you able to see the Facebook pages this Morning?

Diana

Offline Sparks

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2014, 02:24:21 am »
Hello Diana, all of my three links to Facebook work perfectly well, and they are marked "Public", so everyone should be able to get there.

Perhaps one must have an account with Facebook and be logged in to see them?

Offline Sparks

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2014, 02:35:57 am »
… what is "The Indigenous Council of the Americas"?

Maybe the same as The Continental Council of Indigenous Elders (CCIE), as described earlier in this forum?

Full designation then was "The Continental Council of Indigenous Elders and Spiritual Guides of the Americas".

Offline ShadowDancer

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2014, 05:59:57 pm »
Hello Diana, all of my three links to Facebook work perfectly well, and they are marked "Public", so everyone should be able to get there.

Perhaps one must have an account with Facebook and be logged in to see them?

None of the three links work for me when logged into Facebook.  Can you take screenshots of the content to attach to a post here to save them?

Offline Diana

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2014, 08:01:23 pm »
Spark, I have a facebook account and still couldn't view the links. Maybe you have to be friends to view their page....?

Diana

Offline Sparks

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2014, 08:29:44 pm »
Strange, this is not a person one can be "Friends" with, nor a group one can join and become a member. These are Facebook "pages", and one may "Like" them (I have not).

Let's start at the beginning, then. If you can see this page you should be able to go further and see everything else:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Embajada-de-Guatemala-en-Oslo/212683782077335

If you cannot get there, that is quite intriguing. I know of no way that Facebook "pages" may be invisible, while secret Facebook groups will get you nowhere if you are not a member, even if you do have the correct URL.