Author Topic: Tdom Bah Toden Xkee aka Giovanni de Carlo aka "The Flute Keeper"  (Read 101761 times)

Offline Elke

Re: Tdom Bah Toden Xkee - does anyone know if he's ok or not?
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2009, 12:08:05 pm »
and what I wonder--- why are you so agressive against Ingeborg on your webpage----

The research on you was started by "Linden Museum Stuttgard" when you asked for doing a concert there....

Are they also stupid people???  I just can wonder.....

Offline Superdog

« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2009, 02:28:12 pm »
Well, well, well, what do you know... those reading this (besides you, I hope) would be able to see that you are just so full of hate that pours in the lines you write. Whatever I do, whatever I say it would be something you hate. Mr. Superdog, whatever your name is and whatever you hide from - you see, I give my mail, my name and all when I go out and say what I have to say... you in the other hand, like the rest of you kin hide with made up names... mine is The Flute Keeper (like it or not and by law it is) it was given to me - I was there when it took place and I know how it was so I did not get it from some overnight wish to become something like a superdog... keep it up, go for it... use this, and many other forums to dischage your anger and your whatever is that bothers you... at the end, if my music does not help you it seems that hating me helps you and it is much cheaper than the therapy you seem to need so desperly... sorry if my spelling is not that good and you are right, I am not Mother Theresa, but let me ask you Who Made You GOD to be so perfect and so eager to change us simple humans?... and one more thing, I have played in many places in Anadarko, in many tribes of the area, in many elders centers (CADDO; KIOWA; COMANCHE, etc.) I have done many workshops in there as well, at the High School, The Indian School in Anadarko, Gernomino High School, and many more... also I have done my workshops in many other tribes like the PAWNEE, and others in Oregon and California, so don´t go around thinking hat I just do this in Germany, Holland, Sweden, DK, UK and as far as Japan and Greece. I have been around in this show business and flute making deal for over 25 years and I don´t think I will make it for another 25 (age is a factor here). Have a good day, wherever you are and whomever you are.

Well if you see my criticism of you promoting yourself as a Kiowa flute player when you're not Kiowa as hate then  you are seeing things through your own prism.  It's certainly not personal...I would call out anyone who does the same thing.  That's my point.  All the rest of your "arguments" are just fluff and feathers.  There's no real substance there and I see right through it and I'm sure everyone else does as well.  Your own words are the most damaging to your position.  You kinda have a tendency to talk out of both sides of your mouth...one line claiming to be a victim..the next taunting.  Can't have it both ways.

Let me just say that I understand your position.  As someone who's been involved in music I know the pressure some individuals put on themselves to "stand out" and so they create personas that they think will sell on stage.  Let's be honest, in the realm of music artists who've had success there are some real talents and there are some people who became famous, not from talent, but from a schtick that people found entertaining.  I believe you're of the second variety....your schtick is playing Indian because it helps promote the instrument you play and helps you get shows and keeps the money flowing.  You spend a lot of time fluffing up that stage persona so it doesn't hurt your pocketbook, but it's all an act.  You know it and I know it, so please stop playing the victim here.  You're the one perpetuating the falsehoods...you're the one promoting yourself as a representative of a people far away from their home and making money off their backs. 

My guess is the stage persona you created is a result insecurity about your art.  If the music you play is based off of great talent...it wouldn't take "stage clothes" to make it look a certain way.  Great music sounds great no matter what.  So I'd challenge you to take off the act....just make music.  Be Giovanni the flute player and have some real respect for yourself and you might find people would respect your music for the music you make...not the clothes you wear on stage.  It's your call though.  I can't make you understand how to better yourself...you have to make that choice...but you have something that works for you on some level...you receive a payoff from it (compliments, praise, as well as financial) so you're gonna have a hard time letting that go, but if you take a minute and stand outside yourself and look at what you do with some objectivity you might find that the cost to receive that payoff is truly great.  You've given up truth and your true self in order to be praised by people that you scoff openly at.  I can see how that inner turmoil has gotten you to this stage, so I truly don't hate you...I pity you.  You've given yourself a sentence I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. 

I realize also that I'm talking to an individual who's spent years and years perpetuating this stage act and more than likely it's the only successful thing you see in your life so my words aren't gonna change you so I'll leave this thread because there's really no getting through to you, but I'm glad the words here show an example to others that may be heading down that same road what the end result will be and the only thing it leads to is trouble...internally and externally. 

Lastly....just food for your own thought giovanni...why do you hide from your true self.  Why have you given up being Giovanni?  It's a rhetorical question...no need for a response...just a suggestion that you may need some time for personal reflection and being true about it when you do it.  My guess is something's happened that makes it very difficult for you to do that so it's easier living out your life on a stage...rather than living life.

Superdog

Offline Elke

« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2009, 05:02:51 pm »
ok- I write here, but can write it also in other forums--- but you are here --- What nice guys always say to me-- clear it with himself--- so I do now....

You tell me to look for what I write in forums--- Ohhh well , yes I do!

as I say--- If I don't have  it black-on-white-- I would not do it.... I'm not stupid!

But are you really sure, that you take care of yourself? eeegh?????

written by de Carlo on his webpage -- I found it there  at 23.2.09  . Yesterday somebody phoned me that you wrote it on your special letter to the world- I was searching for this- but could not find it-- but now it layed on my table...

de Carlo:
---------------------------------
And out of all people, this lady ELKE, has the nerve to talk about this? you should see the crafts she sells including Homemade Videos (where are the rights for those videos, sure enough she is not reporting this to GEMA - when ALL of my CDs are legally made in Germany and with all taxes paid), Sacred Stone Pipes, bead work made in CZ Republic, skins from Sweden, Native American Imitation crafts from Mexico, China, Indonesia and who knows where else... careful what you say and careful where you spit, it just may come back to your face.

----------------------

http://www.gilamusic.com/2009_letter.html

Thanks for that "honor" beeing on your webpage!-- Gladly you show the world that Iam not behaving as you want it and as you like it!!!!!
Thanks for that!  And when I will ever know from somewhere that I am on one of your films or whereever-- than beware!  I don't want to be in the mouth of somebody the same time you are in!!!!!!!!!!
I don't sell homemade videos-- YOU DO---
I don't even have a camera or something else here to play video tapes or DVDs.... sorry--- I want to have but I hope to buy later when I am more finished with my new home- I'm still working on.
You can report to GEMA whatever you will... I pay for my personal TV and Radio correctly, also I had not the time since a half year to use it....
My CDs or DVDs I'm selling are from retailers in US..... from there where everybody else got them from----

would be fine if you can show me anyone who says that I ever sold a copy of somewhat like that.......

--- And when I organize events-- than surelly I pay GEMA as well...... and I ever paid my tax.......

as I said-- I just sell some brass trade pipes--- copies of engraved ones, former sold to Iroquois people in US--- I bought them in Canada from a well known Native related company there.....

within the year, I sell maybe 10 items that were made in Tchech Republic......, yes I do that--- BUT as I said- I always give a correct provenance of any item I sell- I ever did that.....

skins from Sweden--- ahem- sorry- from where????
The furs I sell comes from Canada, mainly or from retailers here.....

I don't sell imitating crafts from Mexico, Indonesia or china...

oh, sorry.... I forgot--- I know what you mean....

http://shop.strato.de/epages/61125151.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61125151/Products/belt-888

that more than 100 years old belt beaded at Malakka straight by some chinese for a wedding ceremony....

and even from Africa:

http://shop.strato.de/epages/61125151.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61125151/Products/schu-2rt
this older Ndebele belt..... sorry I forgot that....

at the moment--- sorry for that-- but just my customers came back again...

Best regards from ELke/  http://www.redstar-tradingpost.com/

sorry, I didn't translate everything to English-- I had not so much time but working on it....
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 05:08:51 pm by Elke »

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2009, 08:08:48 pm »
I can't make you understand how to better yourself...you have to make that choice...but you have something that works for you on some level...you receive a payoff from it (compliments, praise, as well as financial) so you're gonna have a hard time letting that go, but if you take a minute and stand outside yourself and look at what you do with some objectivity you might find that the cost to receive that payoff is truly great.  You've given up truth and your true self in order to be praised by people that you scoff openly at.  I can see how that inner turmoil has gotten you to this stage, so I truly don't hate you...I pity you.  You've given yourself a sentence I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

I realize also that I'm talking to an individual who's spent years and years perpetuating this stage act and more than likely it's the only successful thing you see in your life so my words aren't gonna change you so I'll leave this thread because there's really no getting through to you, but I'm glad the words here show an example to others that may be heading down that same road what the end result will be and the only thing it leads to is trouble...internally and externally.

Thank you for your words, Superdog. I'm glad someone said that today, not just for the subject of this thread, but for everyone who reads this forum... most especially the exploiters, predators and those who defend them.  I also hope anyone who is just starting on that slippery slope - whether it be that of selling out their people to make a buck and get some ego-boo, or creating a new persona out of whole cloth - is open to taking in this message. It's a more spiritual thing than they'll ever get from selling ceremonies or dressing up as a pretendian.

Offline Elke

« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2009, 12:25:32 am »
@ superdog--- yes your words are good---- but it seems that it won't help (when I look at the 11th edition of his letter...)

But is here anybody who can speak Greek???????????????

Why?

It seems that de Carlo was there before he left to go to Germany....

http://www.4uthesite.com/store.php?tablename=attiki&id=1998

http://www.angelfire.com/cantina/butterflyspirit/

Offline Ingeborg

• Friends
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2009, 08:30:08 pm »
I found some interesting videos at Signore Giovanni's site at http://gilamusic.com/videos.html I especially recommend the last one titled "Andes Dancers" which seem very traditional Andes ladies (sarcasm off); you can also watch it at http://gilamusic.com/belgium_videos.html and then click at "Andes Dancers". Watching this, the word 'overkill' comes to mind.

Then I would like to recommend to view this video at de Carlo's site titled "An oldie but still alive" (scroll down to the middle of the site) and then compare with http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05-xjql_pE8 - title Sacred Spirit. Please also note the sentence "Say No to Piracy" at de Carlo's site.

There are discussions at several German languages forums, e.g. at http://www.powwow-kalender.de/forum/index.htm (the thread is titled "Berühmtheit" - i.e. 'celebrity'). At the bottom of page 1 of this thread, there is an entry by Ms Jackie Fischer whom you, Mr de Carlo, cooperate with. She writes:
"[...] And that he perhaps is not enrolled, does that mean he cannot have ancestors of this tribe? [...]"
This does make me wonder as we seem to have differing versions about your tribal affiliation resp being ndn, as e.g. in the video Kathryn mentioned before where you claimed you are Kiowa, Ms Fischer seems to be rather undecided and suspects you may not be enrolled.

Here's a translation of the event mentioned before, the "Easter Spectacle: Indian Party" at Sunday, April 11, 2009 in the city of Strausberg.

"Entrance fee: Euro 5, children up to 5 years: no entrance fee, up to 14: Euro 3, students/unemployed persons: Euro 4 [...]

All Indian friends small and tall and those who want to become friends of the Indians are invited to plunge into the Wild West and to sit at a fireplace in the midth of tipis. You dream of the wide prairies? Learn more about Indians and their customs. Let the old times come true again and feel like the North American natives. When knives and tomahawks are whirling through the air, lassos circle and the peace pipe is being smoked, you can forget all problems of everyday life and work. There will be spectacular fighting scenes, breathtaking artistic shows and Indian horsemanship. And: gastronomy from the Indian kitchen, pig on a spit and fry bread, as well as firewater, wine, and barley juice, Indian camp with Indian tipis and Indian live music, Indian dances, Indian stunt shows on horses with fire show, Indian games, Indian drum music, powwow dances, Aztec dance show, handicraft courses with Indian women, shooting with bow and arrows, throwing axes and knives, throwing horseshoes and circling lassos."

This is the official invitation text written by the organizers.

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2009, 09:11:08 pm »
Here's a translation of the event mentioned before, the "Easter Spectacle: Indian Party" at Sunday, April 11, 2009 in the city of Strausberg.

"Entrance fee: Euro 5, children up to 5 years: no entrance fee, up to 14: Euro 3, students/unemployed persons: Euro 4 [...]

All Indian friends small and tall and those who want to become friends of the Indians are invited to plunge into the Wild West and to sit at a fireplace in the midth of tipis. You dream of the wide prairies? Learn more about Indians and their customs. Let the old times come true again and feel like the North American natives. When knives and tomahawks are whirling through the air, lassos circle and the peace pipe is being smoked, you can forget all problems of everyday life and work. There will be spectacular fighting scenes, breathtaking artistic shows and Indian horsemanship. And: gastronomy from the Indian kitchen, pig on a spit and fry bread, as well as firewater, wine, and barley juice, Indian camp with Indian tipis and Indian live music, Indian dances, Indian stunt shows on horses with fire show, Indian games, Indian drum music, powwow dances, Aztec dance show, handicraft courses with Indian women, shooting with bow and arrows, throwing axes and knives, throwing horseshoes and circling lassos."

This is the official invitation text written by the organizers.

Oh holy crap. I don't know whether to puke or cry.

Offline Elke

« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2009, 10:25:43 pm »
@ Ingeborg....

thank you for translation--- somethings I put here in but in German (I know that Mrs Fischer and De Carlo will sit together in front of their computer-- so he will get a translation....

The thing is-- of this event.

The organiser contacted me--- BEFORE I even had known, that de Carlo and Mrs Fisher would do the event....

This event- agency is very small- they mainly do medieval markets-- small ones. (when I compare this to English reanactor markets or big events like battle at Jena Auerstädt -- Napoleonic war)

This event- agancy looked for traders for the event and support....
That's where I got some knowledge from.

The official poster--- I found later at gila-site   and I was very happy that the agency stopped stealing my time....

But than to read: BIG EVENT  at de Carlos site..... lol......
If this is a big event to him (8 Tipis and a stuntshow) than: good night!
This shows unprofecionallity--- nothing else!

But the sad thing is:

This group makes shows for dumping prices---- Native and Non-Native Artists and Entertainers who work professionally are bid out by this low price group----

------------- what it makes it very difficult for others to get a salary that covers the costs--- also for NA dancers and Entertainers.....
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 10:30:41 pm by Elke »

Offline Elke

« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2009, 10:37:04 pm »
the direct link to--- Celebrity
http://www.powwow-kalender.de/cgi-bin/cutecast/cutecast.pl?forum=3&thread=362&page=1

http://www.powwow-kalender.de/cgi-bin/cutecast/cutecast.pl?forum=3&thread=182&page=2

@ Ingeborg...

klick auf die rechte Maustaste-- dann im Fenster auf " Link in neuem Fenster öffnen" und dann haste dort den richtigen, direkten Link
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 10:43:03 pm by Elke »

Offline kosowith

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2009, 10:38:12 pm »
This sounds like a Dutch organization that sponsored some thing called the Outlaw Cafe - dinner show. The promotion clip showed a white guy dunking a screaming Indian into a horse trough head first followed by “and you can enjoy this wild west life too…”  I wrote and asked a number of other people to write to complain about the "you get to kill your own Indian" and the stereotypes they promoted with. They had Winitu strutting around,  They had Sitting Bull sitting on a blanket in front of his wigwam surrounded by his 5 or 6 old and wrinkled (the s-word) listening to the howling prairie dogs.  I tried to explain how damaging this was and how incorrect – Sitting Bull was a respected elder and didn’t sit in front of a wigwam, prairie dogs don’t howl they chirp, etc, etc.  But they said that they weren't hurting anyone and didn't want to hear any nonsense about correcting their stereotypes. I still get hives just thinking about it!!  

Offline Elke

« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2009, 10:49:10 pm »
the andes video... ohhhbrrr... WHAT IS THAT...

I' m shocked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In my short visits on that side I even didn't find that....

worse and more worse....

Offline Ingeborg

• Friends
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2009, 08:35:59 pm »
BTW, Signore Giovanni, you left a guestbook entry at http://www.nativiamericani.it advertising flute workshops. Don't expect too much business coming from that, as the site owner is a member of NAFPS.

Then I found a pretty complete (perhaps too complete...) CV at:
http://www.white-earth.com/evenementenDetail.php?ID=828sectie=3

The Flute Keeper
by: Alfonso Correa

Native American... and a member of the World Population. You have heard his music from his many albums and played by many well known artists from all walks of life.
In addition to his well known Native American Sounds; he is now including in his new releases Jazz, Easy Listening, a Bit of Rock and Roll and even Heavy Metal all with that special something that makes his music so magical and captivating.
He has played with some big names such as: Carlos Santana (New Orleans Jazz Festival) BB King, Paul Simon, The London Philharmonic Orchestra, The Mexican Philharmonic Jr. Orchestra, Inti-Xkee and many other.
He has earned many recognitions for his compositions: Pendleton Happy Canyon Hall of fame, Indie Award Winner, Music Makers Independent series, LA Music Awards, and GRAMMY AND NAMMY winner with his album Sacred Ground.
His music has been used in many movies, being the most recognized “The Last of the Mohicans” where he plays the solo flute parts for the movies.
His musical talent has taken him all over the world where he has presented his compositions in Japan, Australia, Germany, Spain, France, Austria, England, Turkey, Russia and Greece.
In addition to his musical talent, he is also known in the literally world as a writer of many short novels among we can find: La Sexta Carta, Cartas de amor a un amujer casada and Cocolixtle.
In the USA he has presented his music and Musical Play (Memories from a Distant Past): The Happy Canyon, The Rainbow Cafe in Hollywood, The Country Festival in Nashville Tennessee, The Jazz Festival in New Orleans and hundreds of Pow Wows all trough the USA.
During the 2004 Athens Olympic Games, his music was selected as part of the opening ceremony to introduce the peoples of the world and he was chosen to represent his people during the Cultural Olympics in the city of Hiraklio (Crete).
In Greece he has played in many cities: Larissa, Lamia, Salonica, Bolos, Xefalonia, Rodos and Athens where he did his maximum presentation in the Birona Summer Country Music (Nikos Garavelas Country Music Festival).
The Flute Keeper is currently travelin for his World Wide 2005 Tour making his home base in Buenos Aires Argentina, where he is working in creating a New CD -

In life, there are those who build and those who seed and plant.
The ones who build will eventually be boxed in the walls of their own construction.
Those who seed and plant will harvest and enjoy the flowers of life for every season and more...

About him:
NOTE: this are the most frequent questions asked about him during his shows...
Born in Laredo Texas and educated in many places of the USA and Mexico
His education: Architercture school, got a masters in Math and went to couple of years to Law School. Graduated top of his class from Architecture and worked as an Architect for almost 10 years until he retired and decided to make his dreams part of his life in his own words: "I was tired of telling myself that I wanted to be a writer and one day I was driving to work and took the turn to the opposite direction and drove for 24 hours to never come back to the life I had left behind"
Favorite color: Black in clothing and blue as color
Favorite food: All Junk Food (Doritos, Cookies, Burgers, Pizza, etc.)
Favorite Fancy food: Suchi
Favorite drinks: Coca Cola and Coffee (very black No sugar No Milk)
Favorite hard drink: UZO
Favorite music: ALL - from Mozart to heavy metal NO Salsa - I like Cuban Music, but not the one played nowadays.
Favorite singers: Julio Iglesias, Cat Stevens and Hernaldo Zuniga
Favorite groups: Los Xochimilcas, Night Wish and anything with drums
Favorite movie: Casablanca
Most influential person: My father (RIP)
Most hated persons: Those who go around the world preaching love for one another and hate the neighbor because he has different believes and looks different.
Likes to do most: Work in creating new sounds
Likes the least: Sleeping (he sleeps 4 to 6 hours a day)
Country he likes the best (where he would like to retire): Greece
City where he would like to retire: Veria in Greece
Country he likes the least: None, all the world is beautiful, just give it a chance
His best friend: A guy in Veria, him and his family
His worst enemy: No enemies (that he knows of……)
His Religion: Native American Church - The Love and respect to Mother Earth and The Creator of it all - he is an ordained minister for the Church Of Life which is an agnostic religion.
His age: Too old to be a young Indian and too young to be an old one. I am also not so young enough to know everything. I was born in the middle of the last century and if I had more hair (yes, there are also bold Indians) I would look 15 or more years younger.
How did you ended up in Greece?: Thank to a very good friend of mine. Her name is Linda and she introduce me to The ONLY Greek Indian I know from the city of Veria. He (Dimitris Long Feather) invited me to do a concert presentation in his hometown and from a two week vacation I ended up ““crashing ““ his house for almost 3 months. I then came to Athens and liked the country. I have been coming to Greece often for the past 3 years and now I am working in establishing a music business here in Greece. All the CDs we are offering here in Greece are ““Made In Greece”” and distributed to all the EU. As of December last year (2004) we started exporting Music to Russia and other countries near by (Lebanon and Turkey) so Greece has become my second home and one I have come to love like my own.

Generals:
Lived in Los Angeles, Tucson Arizona, Denver Colorado, Chicago, Oregon... and for a couple of years in Massachusetts. Then went on to travel the world and lived in the UK, Japan, and for a while in Athens Greece.
During those years he was able to get a couple of college degrees and he ended up being an Architect (worked as one for 10 years) and another couple of degrees in Mathematics and even one in Law - USC, U of A, and Harvard.
After all his living in the White Peoples world he retired from Architecture and traveled for more than 4 years visiting the land of his ancestors and participating in many POW WOWs and Gatherings. Finally, he became a minister of his Native American Church. It was in 1993 that he began to make a living as a flute maker and player and the rest is history, with more than 30 CDs recorded and many awards won ever since his first incursion to the musical world he now lives in peace creating more ““mature music”” (as he likes to call his creations). We Must Add that HE HAD no knowledge of music theory (like note reading and scales) and all he plays is by ““ear”” no note reading nor scales to follow.
To some; he is a great musician, to others just a lucky guy who had a break playing and now is famous. But for him playing, and making flutes, is just a blessing The Creator bestow on him, and now he is responsible for taking his melodies all over the World for the people to enjoy (and criticize).
In 1986 he founded de Carlo Publishing and began “publishing” books about the ancient Indian world - Mostly with his own views as to what history had left behind (after all HISTORY was written by the winner and the looser had no saying in the reality of the past). He continued publishing his works and became interested in Flute Making and the History of Ancient Musicals Instruments. Being that is impossible to go to a store and buy these instruments, he began to make them himself following instruction from books and legends, and from there, using his imagination, he began to create the music we listen in his CDs.
For him, everything is a musical instrument, and using Sea Shells, Skins, Logs, Sticks, Pebbles and all kinds of noise making things he has created music and melodies that we now call ““Native to the Americas Music””.
But he is also interested in the current events of the Native American World and he travels making people aware of what Indians are all about and their rich culture.
Lecturer, Preacher and Traveler (and many other things) he brings to the people of the world a little of what the Native American World has to offer to those interested in the Love to Mother Earth and the belief that The Creator Still own everything - NO NEED TO FIGHT FOR things that don’t belong to us in the first place. Land, Food, Space and Freedom are the property of The Creator and for us to USE not to OWN.

Quite a lot of activities... Degrees in architecture, mathmatics and law. At Harvard. Very impressive. Even a minister of the Native American Church, plus for the Church of Life. Same as having played with Carlos Santana, Muddy Waters (shouldn't that be a bit early for someone having taken up music only in 1993), Paul Simon - all this can be checked.

The lady who translates de Carlo in Germany and runs a powwow group, Ms Jackie Fischer, seems to have received her own Indian name (TM), as I saw at Mr de Carlo's website. Just who on earth chose the name "Dances with Butterflies" for her??? Perhaps it takes a twink to chose a twink name, as well as it takes a twink to accept a twink name.

Offline kosowith

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2009, 10:26:57 pm »
Unless he is a unmentioned ghost artist, there is NO mention of him on the either of the Grammy winning albums as producer, artist, consultant, participant. There is no mention of him on the complete discography of the movie Last of the Mohican, I can't find any mention of him at Athens and he is certainly not on the Unity album.

Then there is his own statement that he just turned his car away from his work and drove away one day. Nice story, but what does it say about the ethics a person who says they worked as an architect and one day just walks away from all his clients and obligations. If he was an architect, unless he was so bad he didn’t have any jobs/clients – what about the people left in the lurch?  Seems pretty self-centered and does not seem very ethical to me.

Offline Ingeborg

• Friends
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2009, 03:32:50 pm »
Mr de Carlo also does not seem to be too particular about the places he does gigs at. I also found him promoted by a seminar house called „Beuerhof“. They are selling sweatlodges, offering seminars with shame-ons, and promote frauds like Michael Two Feathers and Twylah Nitsch. Their site is: http://www.beuerhof.de

There is a section called „Indianer“ with photos, among the Lame Deer family, there is Michael Two Feathers, Windeagle and Rainbowhawk, Twylah Nitsch and Mr de Carlo. Unfortunately, they badly misspell his name (Tdom Bah Todem Khee), but they clearly state he was a Kiowa Indian and also known as „The Flute Keeper“.

Their intro is quite interesting, as their version of history is special. It reads:

„What connects Beuerhof to the Indians from North America?

Already 2,000 years ago, when the Celts settled the regions around Beuerhof, the roots for what happens in this place over and over again came into being: a contact to the native peoples of our earth. Long before Columbus discovered America, the Celts had come into contact to the former original population of today's USA via Greeland and Bering Strait.[sic]

When in 1990 Beuerhof first learned this during the visit of Lakota Indian Archie Fire Lame Deer, nobody knew which impact this was going to have on the future development and existence of this place.

Within a few months, there were new encounters and very soon other tribes and chiefs learned of this place and made Beuerhof their starting point for travels throughout Europe.

Meanwhile there is a network reaching far beyond the old contacts between South Dakota and Beuerhof. Today, Beuerhof is visited by other cultures and their spiritual leaders as a power place in the middle of Eifel mountains and there are manyfold events taking place, while teachings and traditions of Indians are in the focus.“

Offline that_dakota_kid

« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2009, 04:19:17 pm »
What connects Beuerhof to the Indians from North America?

Already 2,000 years ago, when the Celts settled the regions around Beuerhof, the roots for what happens in this place over and over again came into being: a contact to the native peoples of our earth. Long before Columbus discovered America, the Celts had come into contact to the former original population of today's USA via Greeland and Bering Strait.[sic]

When in 1990 Beuerhof first learned this during the visit of Lakota Indian Archie Fire Lame Deer, nobody knew which impact this was going to have on the future development and existence of this place.
---------------------------------------
WOW, poeple will say anything to justify what they' re doing evern if it sounds far fetched.
I have wrote to my mom in trying to find fire lame deer's rep. I personally don't know that family but according to what was written about John Lame Deer, I don't know if it was wikipedia BS but what got me is he was taught to be a Wicasa Wakan but hen was a heyoka for a little while and then stopped being heyoka. Maybe I just read this wrong but If your heyoka its never by personal choice and you never just  stop as it is just who you are.