Author Topic: Greetings All  (Read 5094 times)

Offline theredhairedcrow

• Writer, educator, filmmaker & counselor
    • Songs of the Universal Vagabond
Greetings All
« on: June 13, 2012, 07:41:06 pm »
I'm Red Haircrow, of Chiricahua Apache and Cherokee descent, a poet and writer who currently lives in Berlin, Germany. I am also a private chef and former law enforcement officer who is completing a degree in Psychology. I am as active in native affairs as I can be from this location though I have served in elected positions before, but I came across this site when I was researching someone for an interview I would like to include in an article I'm writing for Indian Country online magazine. The article is about the obsession Germans have had with American Indians both past and present, and what some of the negative consequences are and what we can do about the situation. Hopefully, anyway.

Well, I have my website listed someplace, on my profile or something, and I often write about native life, traditions and such as I've lived it. I hope I can be helpful here, and I certainly hope to learn also. Anyone is always welcome to contact me, whether here or through my website. I must say I was really pleased to find this site as I've had a couple of German friends who've been taken in by fakers, and I really feel strongly about respectful and real understanding about the people instead of misinformation and apathy.

Best wishes all...
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 05:24:59 pm by theredhairedcrow »
"Don't let the sun step over you."--Apache saying, Eva Tulene-Watt

Offline theredhairedcrow

Re: Greetings
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 05:24:15 pm »
Thanks for the welcome, I appreciate it. Sometimes its hard being away...

Offline tecpaocelotl

• That one guy...
    • My blog
Re: Greetings All
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 07:57:56 pm »
Welcome to the group.

Post that article. I am a bit curious on it.

I usually blame the Wild West Shows that use to go over there for their obsession.

Offline theredhairedcrow

Re: Greetings All
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2016, 10:28:43 am »
4 years later!  :) I reply and there are updates, but a lot hasn't changed with me. I have been active in many other things, finished my degree in psychology and am now completing a master's at MSU Bozeman, although I'm still based in Berlin, Germany.

Tecpaocelotl or anyone interested, most all my writings and except are listed at my website here: https://redhaircrow.com/native-american-topics/

These days, more actively working with the NAAoG on the "Stop Misuse of Native American Spirituality and Ceremonies" campaign https://www.facebook.com/StopMisuseofCeremonies/, a documentary film on NA education in Germany/EU https://unlearningbeyond.wordpress.com/ and other stuff, usually native related in some way.