Author Topic: yet another cherokee blackfeet group  (Read 4576 times)

TrishaRoseJacobs

yet another cherokee blackfeet group
« on: September 08, 2005, 03:57:46 pm »
http://www.cherokeeblackfeet.org/index.html

of course they're fake, just looking to see if anyone here has run across them.

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Re: yet another cherokee blackfeet group
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 07:59:44 pm »
I ran into some of them listed at the National Archives as Native vets. The NA has all of twelve Native vets' accounts, and almost half of them were "Cherokee Blackfeet". Listening to their accounts was like hearing UFO abductees talk, no connection to reality.

And "Jamake Highwater", the Armenian ballet dancer and Nuage fraud, passed himself off as a Cherokee-Blackfeet.

I found a few passing references to another group, Cherokee Blackfeet Nation of New Jersey. Some photos of their annual parade in NYC.
http://www.readio.com/nywindowgallery/nativeamerican/indian1.html

Offline kgirl_7

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2005, 06:00:35 am »
I've heard about this group. They are the Cherokee Blackfeet Cultural Circle. I went to their Pauline Hunt powwow  here in NY in '98 or '99 i forget. . I went there late so I didn't get to actually see the powwow, but there was a guy at the organization's booth who struck up a conversation with me. Anyway I told him that I was Kalinago, and he said that I should join their group. I repeated again that I wasn't Cherokee or Blackfeet, I was Kalinago and he told me that it didn't matter, I could still join. I'd have to send them 25 dollars and then sign an oath, that had like about 10-15 tenets that I have to live by, for example one was something like: I will adorn my home with Native American  art and artifacts, another one was that I'd have to try by best to learn the Cherokee language and he gave me a syllabary to get me started along with a history of the organization.

Chief Red Deer is their leader and I think they are either based in Brooklyn or Queens i don't remember. While i didn't see them commit any spiritual fraud (other than the "chief" saying he was a pipe carrier) I'm pretty sure they have no connection with any of the 3 recognized Cherokee tribes. ;)

Offline Ann

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 03:54:36 am »
I beleive this group is now in Maine.Chief Red Deer calls himself a shaman.