Author Topic: Mohawk of the Six Nations of the Grand River  (Read 4768 times)

Offline Kanowakeron

Mohawk of the Six Nations of the Grand River
« on: March 03, 2010, 07:20:01 am »
Shekon!  Mohawk (Turtle Clan) of the Six Nations of the Grand River here; sorry I've neglected to introduce myself earlier.  While I reside in the Rochester NY area, I spend a great deal of time on the other side of the dotted line on the Niagara River.  Home is where the heart is...

A true Mohawk, I enjoy respectful bantering (well... arguing, actually) and my list of pet peeves includes taking on wannabe poseurs (frauds, New Age twits, I'm-an-Indian-in-my-soul types, etc), Native mascot lunacy, unnecessary harrassment by Homeland Security border drones, blatant racism and other acts of sheer stupidity, extreme conservatism/intolerance/sexism/religious beliefs/patriotic paranoia/gullibility/ignorance and needless wars based on bogus witch-hunts.

Other than that, I'm actually pretty easy going.... no, really!

55, single again (and love it), disabled (but not incapacitated), 35+ year liberal, B.A. Psychology/Comp Sci, cyberworld resident, die-hard Northerner, avid traveler, cross-cultural Native adoptee advocate, writer and deep admirer of those who stay close to Traditional Onkwehonwe ways.

Guess that's enough...  "Work is the curse of the leisure class".
Kanowakeron
  Turtle Clan, Mohawk Nation
    Six Nations of the Grand River Territory
      Ontario, Canada

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
Re: Mohawk of the Six Nations of the Grand River
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 04:58:44 pm »
Welcome, Kanowakeron :-)

Offline ComesWithFire

Re: Mohawk of the Six Nations of the Grand River
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 02:22:17 am »