Author Topic: South African rapist serial killer operated as a Sangoma (traditional healer)  (Read 4814 times)

Offline nemesis

This is a really horrifying story that demonstrates how easy it is for people to be taken advantage of by fake traditional healers.

This particular bad guy disguised himself as a Sangoma complete with all the trappings and even had business cards made.  Once he had secured the trust of his victims he drove them to remote locations where he raped and murdered them.  

Serial killer-rapist will die in jail
2011-03-20 10:00

Erna Van Wyk

His cold eyes and smugness sent shivers down the spines of family members and friends in the court gallery as they watched the killer of their wives, mothers and daughters walk down the stairs of the South Gauteng High Court for the last time on Friday.

Hopefully, they won’t see or hear from Jack Madumetja Mogale, the psychopath serial killer, again.

Minutes earlier, Judge Frans Kgomo had read out what Mogale had said in a warning statement to Brigadier Piet Byleveld: “Director, I want you to help me ’cause when I’m with women I lose control and I don’t know what I’m doing.

I kill all of them if they don’t give me what I want.”

Kgomo then addressed Mogale: “I’m happy, Sir, to grant you your wish. Sir, there is no way for you to be outside prison and not come into contact with women.

To protect you, and women from you, I’m removing you (from society) for good to not be in the same place as women again.”

And with that, one of South Africa’s worst serial murderers finally started paying for his “despicable crimes”.

Born 44 years ago next month, Mogale was 21 when he was sent to prison for seven years in 1988 after his first conviction for rape. Eight years later, he again went to prison for 10 years for raping a woman.

As with most serial killers, his lust for murder and rape escalated, and in the summer of 2008 and 2009 Mogale kidnapped, raped and murdered 16 women.

Only two women escaped his clutches, but not without having to live for the rest of their lives with the physical and psychological scars of having been raped and badly beaten.

The high school dropout with two teenage children had not held down a job in his life.

But he honed his skills as a smooth talker and charmer, and had a knack for convincing women that he was a “prophet” who could cure them.

As with all serial killers, he had his preferred victims: black, adult females.

And he had his own way of operating. He wore a ZCC badge as a way of winning their trust.

He also wore sangoma beads as a way of showing he was a “moruti” who could help them. He would approach vulnerable women at court, in parking lots and at filling stations.

He even had blue advertising pamphlets detailing all the illnesses and ailments he could supposedly cure.

He used his girlfriend’s cream Volkswagen Golf as a “taxi”, but his victims would never reach their destinations.

Instead, he would drive them to his killing fields – open areas in Westonaria, Lenasia and Venterspost, south of Johannesburg.

He raped some of the women once and others twice. He strangled all of them, some with a piece of blue fabric, others with a pink strap and one with a wire.

He was brutal in his attacks. One survivor was so severely injured that she lay unconscious in hospital for five days.

Mogale has shown no remorse and has accepted no responsibility.

His arrogance was displayed in the crime scenes: the last of the bodies was found barely half a kilometre from his home in Zuurbekom in Westonaria.

Kgomo referred to Mogale’s arrogance and disdain for women in his judgment.

“When Mogale was arrested in March 2009, he showed contempt and hatred towards women.

He had the character traits of a psychopath, exposing his manhood to all, urinating so that all could see.

He told a female police officer: One thing, when I get out of custody, you will be the first person I rape and murder,” he said.

On Friday, Kgomo made certain Mogale would never get that chance.

source:
http://www.citypress.co.za/SouthAfrica/News/Serial-killer-rapist-will-die-in-jail-20110319

More links here stating that he pretended to be a Christian minister as well as a traditional healer in order to kidnap victims, rape and murder them. 

The good news is that he is going to spend the rest of his life in jail and will never be released.

These news links are disturbing and may not be good reading for distressed or sensitive persons

http://www.mg.co.za/article/2011-03-16-westend-serial-killer-mogale-found-guilty/

http://www.timeslive.co.za/local/article974475.ece/Serial-rapist-sentenced-to-16-life-terms
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 12:07:39 pm by nemesis »