Author Topic: Statement from Zoi Lightfoot - Director of Legal Affairs Treaty House UK  (Read 138627 times)

Offline bls926

Re: Statement from Zoi Lightfoot - Director of Legal Affairs Treaty House UK
« Reply #105 on: March 14, 2009, 09:55:29 pm »
Changing the title of this thread back to what it was originally. There may be a connection between Treaty House/Zoi Lightfoot and Eagle Mountain/Ben Carnes, but the purpose of this thread is to find the truth about Treaty House.

Offline bls926

« Reply #106 on: March 16, 2009, 05:57:29 am »
TreatyHouse · TreatyHouse London UK   
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TreatyHouse/

Description

Treaty House London UK was established two years ago by the ex-pat Native Community of Europe.

It was recognised there was and still is a need to have a good communications point for all Nations from Turtle Island within Europe domestically,economically and politically. It was also established that there was a real need for re-education about the Nations not as seen in the movies or on TV so therefore Treaty House London UK provide educational materials as well as a focal point for Native Issues.

Treaty House London UK are also establishing relations with Salford Council,Manchester UK in order to provide a historic Gathering of the Nations in 2009.This is to open up lines of communications on both sides of the ocean with a view to providing Educational cross exchanges and possibly to provide also a stream of revenue generating business within and for the Nations.

If you wish for further information you are welcome to contact the owner or the moderator of this site. 

Facebook

Salford Sioux
Global
Basic Info
Type: Common Interest - Activities
Description: Promoting the interests we have in Salford, Manchester and indeed the United Kingdom on Native American Culture, in a relavent meaningful way.

Contact Info
Email: 

Recent News
I don't wish to make this Facebook site superficial, I would like this to be our start on connecting ,via the Internet, peoples from different cultures who want to learn and be freinds.And in the future make a difference to all of our communities.
This is everyones story and everyones journey, we need to connect and make communities relavent and meaningful.....
In 1887 Buffalo Bills Wild West show came to Salford for 6 months, they stayed on the site of the new BBC home in the North.
It's hard to imagine 100 native Americans living in 19th century Salford. But it happened when Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show came to town. So what did they do here? And could you be a distant relation?

To the people of Manchester and Salford in Victorian Britain, it must have seemed the Greatest Show on Earth: Buffalo Bill's Wild West and Congress of Rough Riders of the World Show (to give it its full name) was exotic, exciting and entertainment on a vast scale.

Led by the legendary American army scout Buffalo Bill, a 200-strong travelling company comprising 97 native Americans, 180 broncos and 18 buffalo set up camp on the River Irwell in November 1887.

It all started in what is now Salford Quays - two years before the canals were even built! - and was so popular the show stayed for five whole months before rolling out of town and travelling to the East Coast to take the boat back to America
They comprised of Oglala and Brule Lakota (Plains) Indians - who counted Red Cloud and Crazy Horse among their numbers.

One of Manchester's visitors was the Oglala medicine man Black Elk who spoke of his stay in a book called 'Black Elk Speaks'.

"I remember reading how Black Elk and some others got lost in Manchester and had to find their own way back home to South Dakota. Basically, the show left town without them. And it got me thinking: what were five Lakota Indians doing in Manchester on their own wandering the streets?"

I also believe that there may be people living in Salford today who can claim a distant Sioux ancestry: "It's very possible there are descendants here today, as they were here for such a long time, and they were certainly friendly with the locals!"

What I find fasinating is the tremendous and profound interest people in Salford and Manchester have in Native American /First Nation culture.The great working class clearly identified with aspects of the Lakota, oppressed and with dignity where family and community was central.
The interest is here, this time people want to proactively be involved with causes and issues.
If you have an old family story of the Sioux in Salford - or believe you may have distant Sioux ancestry: email: salfordsioux@hotmail.co.uk
Surrounded by the Enemy died in Salford in this visit and he was buried in London.
A girl was born and baptised in Salford, from Rosebud Reservation, her name was Francis Victoria Alexander.Father's name was Little Chief, the Mother's was named GoodRobe.

Zoi wrote at 3:37am on October 11th, 2008
Sorry to dissappoint Patrick,but i am Mississippi Band Anishinaabe,an "ex" pat from MN/USA,I aquired the name Lightfoot via marriage,its not an Indian name but eurpeon in origin.You cannot judge who is or is not Indian by thier facial features,its far more complex than that when you are dealing with 500,culturally distinct sovereign nations.But you raise an interesting point of western stereotyping,which our peoples along with Salford council hope to rectify in the coming years.Thank you.

Patrick wrote at 5:33am on October 10th, 2008
when i lived in salford - i knew a couple of lads; the elder was andy (would now be in his 40's), the youner was mike and their dad was called ronnie. their family name was lightfoot and if you ask me with their facial features they could have passed as amerindians - they lived down duchy... may you know all this already...

Mike wrote at 2:37pm on September 25th, 2008
Is anybody going down to Salford Arts Theatre on Friday, 26th September, to see films and videos about the Salford Sioux?
I think it starts around 6pm.
(The Theatre is the old Phoenix Theatre, next to Fit City, the recreation centre on Liverpool Street in Langworthy.)

Linda wrote at 7:37am on September 23rd, 2008
I agree 100% with Zoi on her points made below.

Just to make it clear to those who dont know.

Treaty House London UK are in the middle of discussions with Salford Council to organise a Historic Gathering in 2009. THis will not only restore Historical relations between Salford and the Nations but it will also open up avenues of talk for future ventures like educational exchanges and possibly business to generate revenue streams for the Nations.

The last thing we want to achieve is to go back in time.

Should you wish to contact myself also you are welcome to do so to find out further information.

Linda Lou Flewin
Director, Treaty House London UK. 

Zoi wrote at 5:41am on September 20th, 2008
Richard,it is our intention to introduce our Grand Chiefs,Chiefs and elders,not to mention our tradtional customs,dances and diverse cultures to the good peoples of Salford in a 21st century context,We are not doing a remake of Buffallo Bills travelling bail bond circus.You will know as well as I that our peoples were told to "go in Bills custody or hang"the good people of Salford do not.This is about our nations representing themselves in the here and now and re affirming the connection between Salford and our Nations that already exists.If you wish to be part of that you are welcome to send me the details of your group via pm and we will discuss the matter with Salford in regard to next year.

Richard wrote at 7:58am on September 8th, 2008
The "Group"
Aboriginal Talent - First Nations, Metis Nation, Inuit
was formed to identify aboriginal talent to create a new Wild West Show, which could very well end up in Salford.

http://www.facebook.com/wall.php?id=24205813373

Offline bls926

« Reply #107 on: March 17, 2009, 04:38:40 am »
From the Salford Sioux page on Facebook

Treaty House London UK are in the middle of discussions with Salford Council to organise a Historic Gathering in 2009. THis will not only restore Historical relations between Salford and the Nations but it will also open up avenues of talk for future ventures like educational exchanges and possibly business to generate revenue streams for the Nations.

Should you wish to contact myself also you are welcome to do so to find out further information.

Linda Lou Flewin

I'm amazed at the audacity of Linda Lou Flewin. How does she justify posting out-right lies like this on a public Facebook? The other members of this page are lead to believe that Treaty House is a Native American embassy with ties to Nations back in the United States and Canada.

This Historic Gathering . . .  "will not only restore Historical relations between Salford and the Nations but it will also open up avenues of talk for future ventures like educational exchanges and possibly business to generate revenue streams for the Nations."

Salford is known for hosting Buffalo Bill's Wild West show for 6 months in 1887. I'm sure this was a memorable time for the Lakota and Dakota. I'm sure they loved being away from their homes and their families. I wonder how many of their descendants would want to see this gathering take place or restore relations with Salford.

" . . . and possibly business to generate revenue streams for the Nations." Which Nations are involved in this? Who is going to benefit from any business ventures? Since no Nation has expressed their support of Treaty House or any of its founders, it really makes me wonder who will benefit from these business ventures.

Offline bls926

« Reply #108 on: March 17, 2009, 04:55:35 am »
Speaking of business ventures, I found this interesting. It's Linda Lou's webpage for a work from home, get rich quick deal.

The HomeBizIncome.com

http://www.thehomebizincome.com/

The page is super protected; you can't copy anything. Believe me, I tried.

There's a picture of Linda Lou having lunch in The Algarve. I guess it's a fancy restaurant; looks like a patio.

Part of Linda's bio reads:

If Columbus hadn't envisioned a far-away world. he never would have set sail. Yes, there were rough seas at times. Lots of people thought he was taking a big risk. But he kept his mind on his goal and kept sailing. Columbus surprised himself. Instead of finding a shorter route to the spices of the far east, he discovered a land that was rich beyond anyone's expectations - America!

I think everyone needs a vision about what they would like their life to look like. Do you want to drive a junker forever? Live in a tiny apartment? Work themselves to exhaustion for someone who shows their appreciation with a $10 turkey at Thanksgiving?

Columbus . . . that's someone I admire and respect. Because of his vision, "he discovered a land that was rich beyond anyone's expectations - America!" There's many who wish his vision hadn't been so good or that the earth had been flat and he'd sailed over the edge. How could anyone claiming to be a Mi'kmaq Scoop Kid admire Columbus?

Offline Moma_porcupine

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #109 on: March 19, 2009, 05:23:16 pm »
Bonnie thanks for all you have done to research this .

At this point I am so mind boggled I am having a hard time thinking what to say ... Except none of it makes any sense no matter which way I look at it ...

When I first began questioning the people associated with Treaty House my main concern was that the claims being made didn't seem to fit with the evidence , and if NAFPS gets to be composed of regular posters making false claims about themselves , those types of people are only going to undermine the credibility of the information that is provided here, and that kind of hypocrisy will do nothing but create more confusion and bad feelings. 

But the more people dig the weirder this whole thing becomes and the less any of this makes sense.

If Linda Lou's Mom was Mi'kmaq and Linda is one of the children that was stolen , why were all of Linda's  gr gr grandparents on her Mom's side consistently recorded as being of English decsent ?

If Linda is intentionally trying to deceive people , why would she put all this genealogical information on line which shows her Mom was NOT Mi'kmaq?

If Linda just didn't know who her birth family was and circumstantial evidence led her to honestly beieve her Mom was Mi'kmaq , I can see where it could be really difficult to accept that her Mom was entirely of English descent , especially if she formed a relationship with the Mi'kmaq community before she traced her Moms family background. But if that is her situation , why put herself in an even more vulnerable situation by deciding to declare herself the Director of a consular facility - with no apparent qualifications except her own fragile claim to an identity as a Mi'kmaq person?

And why post these claims she must have known aren't true ,  on a message board dedicated to exposing misinformtion and people making false claims ?

Why post this Statement from Zoi Lightfoot responding to people alleging the Gathering they were planning did not exist , when the so called confirmed performers for that gathering say they never heard of this gathering ,and apparently , this gathering really " did not exist" as was the original accusation which started this thread ...?

Seems like hanging a sign on themselves saying "kick me" would be less work to achieve the same predicatable outcome ...

If Zoi really is a lawyer who works in the international community on strengthening recognition and respect for the rights of indigenous people , why would she jeprodize this important work by supporting the claims of people who appear to be misrepresenting themselves to the public ?

If Zoi just honestly has a different opinion about what should be considered a legimate right of people who believe they are of Native descent , why hasn't she ever tried to address what she sees as the fundamental issues , such as the right of PODIAs to claim a political or cultural identity ?

And if this is an honest difference in how these people see things , why do they seemingly go out of their way to humiliate and find fault with other people for doing what looks like more or less the same thing people they support are doing ?

If Zoi really cares about educating the public about avoiding frauds, and Zoi is legit and it's OK for people who are legit to be way way way too important to provided a way to verify their claims, how exactly is the public supposed to know who is a fraud or an exploiter , so they can avoid supporting these people?   

Are people supposed to turn to someone like Francis Billington for a psychic reading to get this information?

And then ...

Why does Kari Ann seem to be supporting Zoi's outraged complaints that she is way way way too important to answer any questions she has created about herself? Why did Kari Ann even give the impression the LP DOC supports Treaty House through Kari Ann's comment suggesting people asking questions about Treaty House was trying to sabatog Zoi's work?

If kari Ann honestly felt she needed to support Zoi as a cousin who had contributed a lot to the LPDC , why not make it clear this is what she was supporting and take the opprotunity to say that the LP DOC is not able to support a whole other organization such as Treaty House claiming to be a consular facility ?

And if Zoi Lightfoot was who she says she is,  it seems it would be very easy for her to provide a way to verify that she does indeed work on behalf of native peoples , as a lawyer based in the UN  ....  So why set up a situation by joining NAFPS , repeatedly making claims about her important work , which anyone could predict would result in questions being asked , and then respond by doing nothing to reslove the concerns except rudely accusing the people asking of trying to sabatoge her work ?

If these people are just nutty, why would Kari Ann who is said to be very very busy, seemingly drop everything to make replying to Zoi's irrate email her #1 priority ?

If Kari Ann and Ben Carnes are really as concerned with the public image of the LP DOC as they claim , it's hard to see how allowing the LP DOC to be associated with verbally abusive people who don't appear to be who they say they are, is going to help.

None of it makes any sense to me ....

Linda Lou pointing to Columbus as an inspirational role model and identifying herself as an enterprenuer who wants to help educate the international community about the indigenous point of view is just the icing on a very nutty cake.

Maybe I just have to get past expecting things to make sense ....         

I keep hoping that someone like Ben Carnes who is supposed to be a spokes person for the LP DOC will come along and explain.

I still haven't recieved any reply to the question in the email quoted in Reply #73 on: February 19, which was sent to both the LP DOC and to Ben Carnes wife who is a NAFPS member. Having what seems to me to be a reasonable request for clarification ignored , seems exceedingly inconsiderate and irresponsible.

Do these people really intend to support this organization? If so why? 

My mind feels like one of those hamsters running on a little wheel that never goes anywhere except back to the beginning which is...  it just doesn't make sense ...
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 06:26:37 pm by Moma_porcupine »

Offline bls926

« Reply #110 on: March 22, 2009, 01:07:56 am »
New site; doesn't seem to be much to it except this "welcome" page. 

http://www.treatyhouse.org/

Treaty House

Welcome

Firstly and most importantly, Sanda, Linda and myself would like to formally welcome all of you to this site. Huge welcome to Els and the IPF/Kola. Good to see you. And a special hello and greetings to Tsissy and the folks from Native American Unity.

We have a busy year ahead of us, so we would be grateful to all if we occasionally remind ourselves this is a working site, if something bothers you about someone, please try to refrain from personally focused comments and accusations unless you have facts and evidences to back them up, this way we all get along and are able to move forward with our respective works.

If you wish to get actively envolved we have plenty of work to keep more than a few occupied, regardless of your abilities, knowledge or skills, we can match you with active groups in your area who will help you find your feet if you have never done campaign work before.
We look forward to seeing all the Peltier supporters in London on June 26th and discussing ways they can assist and back up the work Kola and the IPF are doing for Leonard Peltier at this time.

Once again,  Welcome everyone.

Zoi Lightfoot

Aims

Treaty House is to be a Native American cultural and political centre in London, run by First American Nations in collaboration with committed supporters, providing a focal point for thousands of ex-pats living in Europe. With full support and blessings from the Nations, Treaty House is also to be a point of contact and information, a cultural bridge for the host community, disseminating information from source, challenging stereotypes through a variety of events, publications and the space itself, aimed at promoting a realistic image of Native American Nations today into the mainstream. With this aim, we are organising the first annual International Intertribal Gathering for 2009.

First Nations Gathering

The First Nations Gathering, the largest International Intertribal Gathering ever to be held in Europe, will be from 10 – 16 May 2009. It is an annual showcase event featuring Native American Film, Art and Music together with educational talks, films, documentaries and workshops to raise awareness in general and to focus on current thinking.

See also  http://www.myspace.com/treatyhouse

Email : info@treatyhouse.org

Treaty House UK,  271 The Westway, London, W12 7AW.   +44.7801482772

« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 01:20:19 am by bls926 »

Offline bls926

« Reply #111 on: March 23, 2009, 02:22:09 am »
There hasn't been much activity on the Treaty House Myspace. The last time Zoi (or whoever administers the space) was logged on was 1/14/09. The last time anyone left a comment was 1/9/09, until today. Zoi left a comment on Treaty House; thought I'd share with y'all.

zoi

Mar 22 2009 7:15 AM

BONNIE LOUSIE SINGLETON,BLS,please be aware,you have violated internet protocols by publishing a "private"contact address for Treaty House.Your trolling of sites,misinformation and cut and paste BS is not clever or acceptable.And you have to ask yourself "how much do we know about you and claims you make?"
This isn't a new site child,go play elsewhere.
http://www.myspace.com/treatyhouse

Not sure if this is a threat or what. It's not working, no matter what it is.
Bullying and threats do not work for me.

The site in question is public, so any information posted there cannot be considered "private". Google Treaty House . . . It's the fourth listing. If you didn't want your address and phone number posted elsewhere, you shouldn't have put it on a public page.

As I've said earlier . . . This is the typical behavior of a fraud when they've been outed. 

How much do we know about me? I'm pretty much an open book. I don't have anything to hide; I haven't created a false identity for myself.

BONNIE LOUSIE SINGLETON . . . How many times do I need to tell y'all my middle name? Damn. Y'all just can't seem to get it right.

Offline bls926

« Reply #112 on: March 24, 2009, 04:19:16 am »
First Nations Gathering

The First Nations Gathering, the largest International Intertribal Gathering ever to be held in Europe, will be from 10 – 16 May 2009. It is an annual showcase event featuring Native American Film, Art and Music together with educational talks, films, documentaries and workshops to raise awareness in general and to focus on current thinking.

This Gathering is scheduled to take place May 10 - 16, 2009 . . . less than 7 weeks away. As of this past weekend, there was no advertising for the event in Salford. Even the Salford Council, which is supposed to be working with Treaty House, doesn't have anything about the Gathering on their site.

Salford City Council
http://www.salford.gov.uk/leisure/museums/exhibs-and-events.htm

Makes a person wonder if the Gathering this year will be another non-event, just like the one scheduled for 2008 was. And they call this "an annual showcase event"?

Edit to add: Yeah, I guess the hype has become an annual showcase.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 04:21:48 am by bls926 »

Offline bls926

« Reply #113 on: March 25, 2009, 03:25:14 am »
In February, I wrote the following e-mail to Bill Means, with a cc to Andrea and the IITC:

Zoi Lightfoot and Treaty House

Bill,

I know that Andrea Carmen forwarded my e-mail to IITC several weeks ago. I would like to hear your thoughts on both Zoi Lightfoot and Treaty House.

In July no one knew who Zoi Lightfoot was; not Leonard, Betty, Kari Ann, David Hill, Ben Carnes, Tamra Brennan.  Some had heard her name, but no one really knew who she was. She has been a long-time Peltier supporter in Europe, but no one had met her. No one I talked to really knew her or claimed her as family. Now Kari Ann says that Zoi is Leonard's cousin. Wish I knew why the story changed between July and February.

More important than the question of Lightfoot's identity is whether any of the Nations, AIM, or LPDOC supports Treaty House in London, England. I can find no Nation that supports this organization. The Anishnabe have not named her to be their representative in Europe. The same is true for Linda Lou Flewin, who claims to be the Mikmaq representative. They have given themselves fancy titles and have people in Europe believing they are legitimate diplomats from their respective Nations. They also use Leonard Peltier, LPDOC, and AIM as references. Do these women and their organization have the authority to speak for LPDOC, AIM, and the People?

I look forward to hearing from you in the near future. This situation has gone from bad to worse.

Thank you,
Bonnie Singleton

Bill's reply:

Re: Zoi Lightfoot and Treaty House

Ms Bonnie,

Ms Zoi Lightfoot and others have no authority to represent AIM or the International Indian Treaty Council. There is a family named Lightfoot here in Minneapolis and they are Ojibway from Michigan. This real family of Lightfoot here in Mpls. has sent an email indicating they do not know or have knowledge of Zoi Lightfoot. So that's it, Zoi Lightfoot is no representative of AIM or any other Indian organization that I know of!

Toksha, Bill

Andrea's reply:

RE: Zoi Lightfoot and Treaty House

Hi  Bonnie,

Unfortunately, I am unable to help you any more with this situation, as I do not know Zoi Lightfoot or the Treaty House project, and I have no information on her/it, either pro or con. This does not reflect on either their legitimacy or lack thereof, just that I personally had never heard of them until you raised the questions via your email.   

I forwarded your questions to folks I know from that region, but I can’t do any more than that.  I can not speak for Leonard or the LPDC re your question about that relationship.   

Best regards,

Jackie: I do not have David Hill’s email, can you please forward this note to him as the current director of the LPDC, thanks

Andrea Carmen
Executive Director,
International Indian Treaty Council

Offline bls926

« Reply #114 on: March 25, 2009, 03:56:08 am »
Y'all are probably wondering why I sat on those e-mails for a month.

I was hoping that someone from LPDOC, Ben or Kari Ann, would step forward and make a statement. Does LPDOC support Treaty House and Zoi Lightfoot? She may be a cousin, but do they support what she is doing? Guess I was hoping they'd distance themselves from this mess. You can't pick your relatives, but you sure can pick your allies.

I was hoping to hear something more from Ben than: "From what we have been told by Leonard’s niece, Kari Ann, Zoi is Leonard cousin, and is a part of the support group network. As to Treaty House, I don’t have a clue as to any of it." and "We have set out guidelines about how people can support Peltier, and it doesn’t make any difference if they are gay, black or white, democrat or republican, male or female, if they support Leonard, that is all that matters."

I was hoping I'd hear something more from Kari Ann, besides that Zoi is their "cousin". A cousin that no one had heard of in July; one that they're willing to hang their reputation on now. Was hoping to hear some kind of explanation.

In all honesty, I was hoping someone with the LPDOC would wake up and smell the coffee and realize what was going on here. I was trying to give them a chance to distance themselves from this fiasco. They had a month and didn't take the initiative.

Offline tachia

« Reply #115 on: March 28, 2009, 01:40:33 am »
Y'all are probably wondering why I sat on those e-mails for a month.

I was hoping that someone from LPDOC, Ben or Kari Ann, would step forward and make a statement. Does LPDOC support Treaty House and Zoi Lightfoot? She may be a cousin, but do they support what she is doing? Guess I was hoping they'd distance themselves from this mess. You can't pick your relatives, but you sure can pick your allies.

I was hoping to hear something more from Ben than: "From what we have been told by Leonard’s niece, Kari Ann, Zoi is Leonard cousin, and is a part of the support group network. As to Treaty House, I don’t have a clue as to any of it." and "We have set out guidelines about how people can support Peltier, and it doesn’t make any difference if they are gay, black or white, democrat or republican, male or female, if they support Leonard, that is all that matters."

I was hoping I'd hear something more from Kari Ann, besides that Zoi is their "cousin". A cousin that no one had heard of in July; one that they're willing to hang their reputation on now. Was hoping to hear some kind of explanation.

In all honesty, I was hoping someone with the LPDOC would wake up and smell the coffee and realize what was going on here. I was trying to give them a chance to distance themselves from this fiasco. They had a month and didn't take the initiative.

it is all a huge tangled up together mess .. i guess they made the coffee they woke up to .. if so, why then would they bother to distance themselves from something of their own making  .. .. you question them, they ignore you .. you question them, they send nasty grams .. you question them, they threaten you .. .. idk, but i would say that something is seriously wrong with that coffee .. .. ..

Offline bls926

« Reply #116 on: April 04, 2009, 06:09:33 pm »
I agree. It makes you wonder just what is really going on, not just with Treaty House but with LPDOC as well. Why would they support a wannabe organization like Treaty House and a pretendian like Zoi? What do they have to gain from supporting a fake embassy? I realize politics can make for some strange bedfellows, but .....

Offline bls926

« Reply #117 on: April 04, 2009, 08:05:58 pm »
Treaty House

First Nations Gathering

See also  http://www.myspace.com/treatyhouse

TreatyHouse · TreatyHouse London UK
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TreatyHouse/

Treaty House London UK are also establishing relations with Salford Council,Manchester UK in order to provide a historic Gathering of the Nations in 2009.This is to open up lines of communications on both sides of the ocean with a view to providing Educational cross exchanges and possibly to provide also a stream of revenue generating business within and for the Nations.

Facebook
Salford Sioux

Zoi wrote at 5:41am on September 20th, 2008
Richard,it is our intention to introduce our Grand Chiefs,Chiefs and elders,not to mention our tradtional customs,dances and diverse cultures to the good peoples of Salford in a 21st century context,We are not doing a remake of Buffallo Bills travelling bail bond circus.You will know as well as I that our peoples were told to "go in Bills custody or hang"the good people of Salford do not.This is about our nations representing themselves in the here and now and re affirming the connection between Salford and our Nations that already exists.If you wish to be part of that you are welcome to send me the details of your group via pm and we will discuss the matter with Salford in regard to next year.

Linda Lou Flewin

E-mail to the city of Salford:

I've heard that there will be a Gathering of First Nations in Salford, U.K. in May 2009. Below is one of the notices I've read about this event:

First Nations Gathering

Please send me any information you have on this event.

Thank you.

Bonnie Singleton

and their reply:

RE: Gathering of First Nations?

Thanks for your email Bonnie. I've looked on www.visitsalford.info for you, but there doesn't seem to be anything on there at the moment.

I've forwarded your query to our tourism marketing officer who may be able to shed some light on it.

Kind regards,

Liz

Liz Carridge
Senior Public Relations Officer
Marketing & Communications

Salford City Council
Unity House, Chorley Road, Swinton, Salford M27 5FJ
E: liz.carridge@salford.gov.uk
W: www.salford.gov.uk
T: 0161 793 2913
M: 07717 731 061

Find out more about our amazing city: www.visitsalford.info is the place to go for ideas, information and inspiration.

If the Senior Public Relations Officer for the Salford City Council doesn't know anything about a Gathering that's supposed to be taking place in six weeks, you really need to question the validity of the claims made by Treaty House, Zoi Lightfoot, and Linda Lou Flewin. Zoi and Linda Lou have both stated that they are 'in talks' with the Salford Council, yet a member of that council knows nothing about it.

Treaty House Yahoo Group:
"Treaty House London UK are also establishing relations with Salford Council, Manchester UK in order to provide a historic Gathering of the Nations in 2009."

Zoi on Facebook:
"Richard, it is our intention to introduce our Grand Chiefs,Chiefs and elders,not to mention our tradtional customs,dances and diverse cultures to the good peoples of Salford in a 21st century context" and "If you wish to be part of that you are welcome to send me the details of your group via pm and we will discuss the matter with Salford in regard to next year."

Linda Lou on Facebook:
"Treaty House London UK are in the middle of discussions with Salford Council to organise a Historic Gathering in 2009."

« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 08:12:19 pm by bls926 »

Offline bls926

« Reply #118 on: April 07, 2009, 12:44:46 am »
Zoi wrote at 3:37am on October 11th, 2008
Sorry to dissappoint Patrick,but i am Mississippi Band Anishinaabe,an "ex" pat from MN/USA,I aquired the name Lightfoot via marriage,its not an Indian name but eurpeon in origin.You cannot judge who is or is not Indian by thier facial features,its far more complex than that when you are dealing with 500,culturally distinct sovereign nations.But you raise an interesting point of western stereotyping,which our peoples along with Salford council hope to rectify in the coming years.Thank you.

Bet this would come as quite a surprise to many Lightfoots among the Ojibwe.
I know several who got a chuckle out of this statement.

Offline Moma_porcupine

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #119 on: April 08, 2009, 11:25:16 pm »
I don't know much about the international laws governing real embassies and real consular facilities, but I  did find this...

It sounds like their is a legal frame work a real embassy / consular facility is required to fit within and verifiable authorization is required.

http://untreaty.un.org/ilc/texts/instruments/english/conventions/9_2_1963.pdf

Article 10
Appointment and admission of heads of consular posts
1.Heads of consular posts are appointed by the sending State and are admitted to the exercise of their functions by the receiving State.

2.Subject to the provisions of the present Convention, the formalities for the appointment and for the admission of the head of a consular post are determined by the laws, regulations and usages of the sending State and of the receiving State respectively.

Article 11
The consular commission or notification of appointment

1.The head of a consular post shall be provided by the sending State with a document, in the form of a commission or similar instrument, made out for each appointment, certifying his capacity and showing, as a general rule, his full name, his category and class, the consular district and the seat of the consular post.

2.The sending State shall transmit the commission or similar instrument through the diplomatic or other appropriate channel to the Government of the State in whose territory the head of a consular post is to exercise his functions.

3. If the receiving State agrees, the sending State may, instead of a commission or similar
instrument, send to the receiving State a notification containing the particulars required by paragraph 1 of this article.

Article 12
The exequatur
1.The head of a consular post is admitted to the exercise of his functions by an authorization from the receiving State termed an exequatur, whatever the form of this authorization.

2.A State which refused to grant an exequatur is not obliged to give to the sending State reasons for such refusal.

3.Subject to the provisions of articles 13 and 15, the head of a consular post shall not enter upon his duties until he has received an exequatur.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Exequatur
Ex`e`qua´tur
n.   1.   A written official recognition of a consul or commercial agent, issued by the government to which he is accredited, and authorizing him to exercise his powers in the place to which he is assigned.
   2.   Official recognition or permission.