Author Topic: Statement from Zoi Lightfoot - Director of Legal Affairs Treaty House UK  (Read 138521 times)

Offline bls926

Thank you for re-posting, Tachia.

Zoi Lightfoot sure has a way with words.

source:   www.myspace.com/treatyhouse 
"FIRST NATIONS GATHERING
The First Nations Gathering, the largest International Intertribal Gathering ever to be held in Europe, will be from 10 – 16 May 2009. It is an annual showcase event featuring Native American Film, Art and Music together with educational talks, films, documentaries and workshops to raise awareness in general and to focus on current thinking."

It is an annual showcase event . . . This makes it sound like they've been doing it for a while. It's misleading. You don't call something "an annual event" if the event has never taken place before. It would be more accurate to say something like, 'This is our first Gathering and we hope to make it an annual event.'

source: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TreatyHouse/
Treaty House London UK are also establishing relations with Salford Council,Manchester UK in order to provide a historic Gathering of the Nations in 2009.This is to open up lines of communications on both sides of the ocean with a view to providing Educational cross exchanges and possibly to provide also a stream of revenue generating business within and for the Nations.

Open up lines of communications on both sides of the ocean . . . This makes it sound as though Treaty House actually has real contacts here in the United States and/or Canada. I have to ask again, what Nation claims any of you? Who on this side of the Atlantic will y'all be communicating with? This is another misleading statement; it would lead any rational person to think that Treaty House has the support and backing of the Nations. They don't.

This isn't the first time that those involved with Treaty House have made misleading statements.

Their organization is called Treaty House and they say they are part of the IIC. IIC stands for International Intertribal Community. When this thread first started, I thought they were talking about the IITC - International Indian Treaty Council. I guess cause the initials were so close, with their organization called Treaty House, and being familiar with the IITC and the work that they do . . . my mind played a trick on me. I doubt that I'm the only person who thought this. I think naming their group was intentional, to piggyback on the good reputation of the IITC. Misleading.

Calling Treaty House an embassy or consulate . . . That's not just misleading; that's lying. Saying you're a diplomat from your Nation, would be another lie. Treaty House doesn't represent any American Indian Nation or community.

Offline bls926

TreatyHouse · TreatyHouse London UK 

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TreatyHouse/

Description

Treaty House London UK was established two years ago by the ex-pat Native Community of Europe.

It was recognised there was and still is a need to have a good communications point for all Nations from Turtle Island within Europe domestically,economically and politically. It was also established that there was a real need for re-education about the Nations not as seen in the movies or on TV so therefore Treaty House London UK provide educational materials as well as a focal point for Native Issues.

Treaty House London UK are also establishing relations with Salford Council,Manchester UK in order to provide a historic Gathering of the Nations in 2009.This is to open up lines of communications on both sides of the ocean with a view to providing Educational cross exchanges and possibly to provide also a stream of revenue generating business within and for the Nations.

If you wish for further information you are welcome to contact the owner or the moderator of this site. 

Group Information
Members: 14
Category: Native American
Founded: May 24, 2004
Language: English
Group Settings
Membership requires approval
Messages require approval
All members can post messages
Email attachments are distributed, not archived
Members cannot hide email address
Listed in directory

Group Settings
Listed in directory

3/10 Edit: Good thing I saved the original picture. 

Noticed something else has changed with the Treaty House Yahoo Group . . . They've lost a member. 14 on 3/4; 13 on 3/10.

Group Information
Members: 13
Category: Native American
Founded: May 24, 2004
Language: English
Group Settings
Listed in directory
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 04:54:31 am by bls926 »

Offline wolfhawaii

Is that her in the center with the cheese-eatin grin?

Offline bls926

Is that her in the center with the cheese-eatin grin?

cheese-eatin grin?  Which one would that be?

Don't know which one is Zoi, or if she's even in the picture. I've heard, from someone who should know, that this picture has nothing to do with Treaty House. It was taken in front of the U.S. Embassy during a Peltier Vigil, four or five years ago.

Offline wolfhawaii

If she is not identified as being in the picture and the photo has nothing to do with Treaty House what is the purpose of posting it on this thread? I didn't visit the link, did this photo come from there? If she is promoting her involvement in native causes I would think she would be in a photo in their promotional literature.
EDITED TO ADD: I did visit the link and saw the photo there...

cheese-eatin grin?  Which one would that be?

Don't know which one is Zoi, or if she's even in the picture. I've heard, from someone who should know, that this picture has nothing to do with Treaty House. It was taken in front of the U.S. Embassy during a Peltier Vigil, four or five years ago.
[/quote]
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 12:54:40 am by wolfhawaii »

Offline bls926

Why did I post the picture? Wolfhawaii, you really don't know me very well or you wouldn't have asked that question. There's a reason for everything I do. The picture and text are on the Treaty House Yahoo Group's Home Page. Why else would I post it?  I didn't just decide to post a picture I found while surfing the net that had no connection to the discussion at hand.

I've learned that Zoi is not in the photo; she didn't attend the Vigil. Don't know why. The woman in the center of the picture is Linda Lou Flewin, Consular Director for Canadian Affairs (sic).

It appears that this is another case of misleading information . . .

Offline bls926

Frauds - Blackwater Muskogee tribe
http://newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=1735.0

After I posted the e-mails I received from the Muscogee (Creek) Nation and the Poarch Band of Creek Indians (pg 6, reply #86), Zoi Lightfoot made the following statement:

Thank you,thats all i asked for in the first place,I will leave the main body of the Blackwater to your selves as they are in the States and I will speak with the two here AND the Billingtons.As the Billingtons themselves have some other matters to clarify with the ex pat community.

Guess that talk with Larry Nichols and Liz Roemer didn't have much effect. Nichols is still holding Blackwater Band of Lower Muskokee Powwows and Liz Roemer is one of the "special guests" at the September event. Linda Lou Flewin is also a "special guest" at this powow. Both Roemer and Flewin are members of Treaty House.

MUSKOKEE-POWWOW-TIME IN SEPTEMBER
9. NATIVE AMERICAN POW-WOW
Blackwater Band of Lower Muskokees e.V.
12. & 13. September 2009
in Heilbronn-Horkheim, Germany
auf dem Gelände neben dem Steinbruchbetrieb BMK
Anfahrt Horkheim

This Pow-wow is dedicated to
our European host as a cultural exchange of friendship

Special Guests (Subject to change)
Trisha Nell Sokolowski & son Cherokee
Barbara Kaden Wetz Ojibwa
Brenda Volle Ojibwa
Liz Roemer Cherokee-Creek  **
Linda Lou Flewin Micmac   **
Rita Schmidt Ojibwa
Lakishia Wallace Choctaw
Larry Wynn & family Lakota
Alan Roy & family Lakota
Willie James Summers Cherokee
Robert Wallace & family Ojibwa
Bryan K McCollum & family Creek
Robert Parker & family Ojibwa
Peter Woener Choctaw-Creek
John Blackbird Cree
Frank Barber Shawnee
Elder Mark Kretschmer
Bill & Antonia Westerfield
Jack & Gabe Weber

MC: Willi James Summers & Mark Kretschmer
AD: Alan Roy & Bill Westerfield
Men’s Head Dancer: Robert Wallace & Jack Weber
Women’s Head Dancer: Lakishia Wallace & Antonia Westerfield
Host Drum: Wicahpi Oyate Drum aus der Schweiz
Guest Drum: Sweetgrass Indian Drum Singers aus Deutschland
Amp & Sound Techniker: Heinz Wellmann

Pow-wow Organisations-Kontaktperson: Benny & Marianne Auer Tel. 0162-2923763 (Benny) oder Tel. 0173-4305647 (Marianne)

http://home.arcor.de/muskokee/pow09.htm

Offline wolfhawaii

I see the photo on the website has been changed......

Offline bls926

Cute . . .

Thanks wolfhawaii.

TreatyHouse · TreatyHouse London UK 

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TreatyHouse/

Offline tachia

Re: Statement from Zoi Lightfoot - Director of Legal Affairs Treaty House UK
« Reply #100 on: March 11, 2009, 04:57:31 am »
Cute pic .. lol .. did ya’ll read the new intro??? .. ..

Apparently the “regular members” are being asked to bear with them for a bit .. allegedly they had a fake Shoshoni (their spelling, not mine) as a member .. some guy named steve? .. who is steve? .. and they say that this steve was feeding me and bls incorrect information about them .. yep, named us both, tachia and bls .. .. no one has been feeding me any info, I just read the threads and did my own research .. so, huh? .. they also are telling their “regular members” that bls and me are PODIA”S .. lol .. they say that the people here in nafps are some kind of self appointed internet “police” and that nafps has us all attacking the ndn peoples of all the Nations and that whoever it is that we are supposedly attacking should not answer our questions .. there is more .. I am just re-capping .. too strange .. boy this is sure getting more and more entangled by the minute .. too many interconnections to keep up with .. .. and how did I get to be the bad guy yet again??? .. I just recently came into this whole topic of conversation about treaty house .. lol .. .ah well ..

Offline bls926

« Reply #101 on: March 11, 2009, 05:51:00 am »
Zoi, Linda Lou, Liz . . .

No one "feeds" me information. I've done the research, more than you can imagine. You think I'm a PODIA . . . Guess that depends of what y'all consider distant. NAFPS, a group of PODIAS and caucasians, "attacking the peoples of the Nations" . . . How far from the truth can you get?

Your actions are the typical behavior of frauds, when they've been outed. Your verbal attacks aren't going to work with me. I'm not going to lose any sleep over what a bunch of wannabes in Europe think of me.

Offline lrc15

Re: Ben Carnes, Statement from Zoi Lightfoot, etc., etc., etc.
« Reply #102 on: March 12, 2009, 05:27:58 pm »
After reading through the threads here, I am saddened to see so much time and energy being used to judge or demean others.  I couldn’t help but think about how much positive change could be created if that same amount of time and energy was directed towards issues that seriously need our help (i.e. racism, poverty, hunger, consumerism, substance abuse, domestic violence, conservation, etc.).   Just imagine the good you could do if you spent as much time doing something as you do sitting in front of the computer ranting about the imperfections of those you do not like. We are all imperfect beings, trying to learn as we walk this circle of life.   I realize that by writing this, I am opening myself up to your criticism and judgment.  So be it.

When each of us comes to the end of our journey, what will really matter is the amount of good we did along the way.  What will others say about you when you make your final journey?  Will they say you were kind to others?  Will they say you didn’t take more than you needed?  Will they say you always gave your best to those who needed the most?  Or, will they say your time here was wasted on petty differences of principle and identity? 

By nature, we are seekers of truth and knowledge.  And by nature, we all have different methods of learning.  Some learn through experience, some are visual learners, some learn through listening, and others through prayer or ceremony.  Likewise, our teachers take many forms.  Ultimately, we each have the gift of a sixth sense; the ability to discern truth from non-truth by listening to that small voice that speaks to us through our solar plexus or, our gut.  More importantly, we all have the freedom of choice, to decide what we will experience and through whom.  Looking back on my own life, some of the more important lessons came from the least likely places.  Someone once said that “when the student is ready, the teacher will come”.  I have found this to be true.  Even in the darkest of places, we can learn, if we are ready.

I have also learned that whenever you place another human being on a pedestal, they will fall, and you will be filled with disappointment.  None of us has all the answers.  In reality, we are all students.  Even those who have ‘medicine’ or, those we recognize as ‘holy’, are imperfect.  Most will tell you their stories of weakness or vulnerability that lead to their understanding of living a spiritual life.  Our world is a world of opposites; light and dark, good and evil, hot and cold, abundance and scarcity.  Without one, we could not understand the other.  In our search for knowledge, we will be exposed to many aspects of opposition and the outcome will be determined by our choices, the intent of our desire to learn, and, more importantly, what we do with what we learn. 

If you do not agree with the path someone has taken, choose another path for yourself.  Don’t demean yourself by publicly attacking the character of others.  Those who dedicate their lives to spiritual service make sacrifices that can only be understood by others who have done the same.  A spiritual life is not an easy life.  Until you have the ability or the desire to make the same sacrifice, I would encourage you to continue on your journey and challenge yourself to do more good than harm.  Live your life in a manner that the song they will sing for you when you are gone will be a good one. 
[/size]

Offline Moma_porcupine

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #103 on: March 12, 2009, 09:20:36 pm »
Hi Irc15

I see you changed the title of this to

I am a bit confused as to why you did this ? What has this thread and what you are saying got to do with Ben Carnes?

Is what you are saying here something you wanted to say in the thread on Ben Carnes but that thread was locked ?

Or are you speaking on behalf of Ben Carnes in support of Treaty House? It would be helpful to know why you posted in this thread .....   

IRC15
I am saddened to see so much time and energy being used to judge or demean others

The whole idea that making judgments is bad seems to come from the New Age people who come from a cultural background where people were stoned or imprisoned or driven from their homes because of judgments. I think we all agree the use of violence and forcible surpression is bad. However as nobody here is suggesting any form of violence or unkindness towards the people we disagree with, it seems quite silly and impractical to suggest that encouraging people to think, ask questions and make informed, responsible and realistic choices, is somehow a bad thing and leads to problems . 

We all make judgments every day , and the idea the world would be a better place without judgments  doesn't really make sense . Making judgments is basically about making decisions, and every decision we make is based in judgments and preferences in what outcomes we hope to create. Those preferences are also based in judgments .When you go buy groceries you make judgments. When you decide not to drink and do drugs you make judgments. When you seek out people capable of giving real Spiritual leadership instead of con artists selling swamp water you make a judgment . When people provide educational information to people which helps them make informed choices this is an act of encouraging people to make informed and healthy judgments. What is important is if the information correct. If people are demeaned by correct information that is not the fault of the person providing the information.

Irc15
I couldn’t help but think about how much positive change could be created if that same amount of time and energy was directed towards issues that seriously need our help (i.e. racism, poverty, hunger, consumerism, substance abuse, domestic violence, conservation, etc.).

Well actually non native or unauthorized people who displace real indigenous peoples in the public perception does contribute to the problems you just listed above. Many of these groups of PODIAs get access to funding that is supposed to be going to real Native people and communities, and silly people playing NDN erodes public respect for real Native people .

Irc15
More importantly, we all have the freedom of choice, to decide what we will experience and through whom.

If you think freedom of choice is important, I'm surprised you would not see a problem with people potentially being tricked into supporting something they might not choose to support if they had verifiable and accurate information.  When people aren't given accurate information they can be tricked out of their freedom of choice.

The main question that has been asked in this thread , is whether or not the information provided by the founders of Treaty House is accurate.  The main thing that has been said here , *besides pointing out the obvious facts *, is that if people make claims to gain a position of public trust but they don't provide any way to verify these claims, the public won't be able to make informed choices / decisions / judgments as to what organizations they support.

I continue to be astounded people have such a hard time understanding something that seems so completely obvious ...

(edited to reword what is in between the two ** . It did say "which is not based in fact" and is not the clearest way to say what I meant.)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 02:11:09 am by Moma_porcupine »

Offline bls926

« Reply #104 on: March 14, 2009, 09:34:18 pm »
After reading through the threads here, I am saddened to see so much time and energy being used to judge or demean others.  I couldn’t help but think about how much positive change could be created if that same amount of time and energy was directed towards issues that seriously need our help (i.e. racism, poverty, hunger, consumerism, substance abuse, domestic violence, conservation, etc.).   Just imagine the good you could do if you spent as much time doing something as you do sitting in front of the computer ranting about the imperfections of those you do not like. We are all imperfect beings, trying to learn as we walk this circle of life.   I realize that by writing this, I am opening myself up to your criticism and judgment.  So be it.

No one is judging; no one is demeaning. We've respectfully asked questions; none of which have been answered. I have been called a "harpie", a "disrespectful moron", a "twit", etc. Now, who is judging? Who is demeaning?

You have no idea what we do in our families and our communities. You have no idea what all we're involved in. You think because we belong to this forum, that's all our lives consist of? Is that a judgement?

When each of us comes to the end of our journey, what will really matter is the amount of good we did along the way.  What will others say about you when you make your final journey?  Will they say you were kind to others?  Will they say you didn’t take more than you needed?  Will they say you always gave your best to those who needed the most?  Or, will they say your time here was wasted on petty differences of principle and identity?

Petty differences of principle and identity . . . Petty? Truth, honesty, integrity . . . These are some of the principles I live by. I don't find them "petty". Who a person is doesn't matter, as long as they're honest about it. What their chosen profession is doesn't matter, as long as they don't lie about it. Don't pretend to be someone or something you aren't.

By nature, we are seekers of truth and knowledge.  And by nature, we all have different methods of learning.  Some learn through experience, some are visual learners, some learn through listening, and others through prayer or ceremony.  Likewise, our teachers take many forms.  Ultimately, we each have the gift of a sixth sense; the ability to discern truth from non-truth by listening to that small voice that speaks to us through our solar plexus or, our gut.  More importantly, we all have the freedom of choice, to decide what we will experience and through whom.  Looking back on my own life, some of the more important lessons came from the least likely places.  Someone once said that “when the student is ready, the teacher will come”.  I have found this to be true.  Even in the darkest of places, we can learn, if we are ready.

I have also learned that whenever you place another human being on a pedestal, they will fall, and you will be filled with disappointment.  None of us has all the answers.  In reality, we are all students.  Even those who have ‘medicine’ or, those we recognize as ‘holy’, are imperfect.  Most will tell you their stories of weakness or vulnerability that lead to their understanding of living a spiritual life.  Our world is a world of opposites; light and dark, good and evil, hot and cold, abundance and scarcity.  Without one, we could not understand the other.  In our search for knowledge, we will be exposed to many aspects of opposition and the outcome will be determined by our choices, the intent of our desire to learn, and, more importantly, what we do with what we learn.

We all need to be able to ask questions and expect honest answers. If all we receive is lies, how will we learn?

If you do not agree with the path someone has taken, choose another path for yourself.  Don’t demean yourself by publicly attacking the character of others.  Those who dedicate their lives to spiritual service make sacrifices that can only be understood by others who have done the same.  A spiritual life is not an easy life.  Until you have the ability or the desire to make the same sacrifice, I would encourage you to continue on your journey and challenge yourself to do more good than harm.  Live your life in a manner that the song they will sing for you when you are gone will be a good one.  [/size] [/size]

Most of this post could apply to Zoi Lightfoot and Ben Carnes; this last paragraph is about Ben. I don't think Zoi has set herself up as a spiritual leader, not yet anyway. I only posted a couple times on the Eagle Mountain thread. I have questions, but others had already asked. Mostly I have disappointment when it comes to Ben; I expected better of him. Yes, I am one of those asking a lot of questions about Treaty House and its founders. I will continue to dig until I discover the truth. The harm that Treaty House, Zoi, Linda Lou, and Liz could potentially cause is enough reason to continue working on this. The truth will be told.