Author Topic: Statement from Zoi Lightfoot - Director of Legal Affairs Treaty House UK  (Read 138536 times)

Offline tachia

Re: Statement from Zoi Lightfoot - Director of Legal Affairs Treaty House UK
« Reply #75 on: February 21, 2009, 06:28:08 am »
moma p .. ..

idk .. with all the lies, subterfuge, avoidance etc .. personally i would only trust a direct reply from LP himself ..
anyone can say anything .. fake it as if it were someone when it is not etc .. .. it has happened, we all know that .. guess i am at the point to where i do not trust any statement from anyone except from a person directly .. .. .. all these:  so and so called and said ___ , so and so sent an email that said ___ .. and all similar such second hand statements .. that is simply not going to cut it with me after what has already happened that we know of.. .. .. .. .. .. ..
:) t

Offline bls926

« Reply #76 on: February 22, 2009, 06:51:35 am »
Thats MRS Lightfoot you annoying little harpi,now try posting the reply EVERYONE ELSE has seen from Chief Gary Metallic,MY reply to you and Leonard Peltiers reply to you.Way too handy with calling folks fraud there Bonnie.NEVER said i was from White Earth,Never said i worked FOR the UN.Grow up some of us have REAL work to do!.

I will not be posting the e-mail from Gary Metallic, forwarded to me by Zoi Lightfoot. I've been asked to keep all correspondence with Chief Metallic private and I have agreed to do that.

I did not receive any correspondence from Leonard Peltier.

As I previously said, I have not received any correspondence from Leonard Peltier. However I did receive an e-mail from Kari Ann on February 2nd. I didn't post this earlier for several reasons.

First, I had to verify that it actually came from Kari Ann. Yes, the e-mail originated in Fargo, North Dakota. Even after I'd determined that it was from LPDOC, I still wasn't comfortable posting it on NAFPS. The wording in the e-mail is strange. First, Kari Ann asks her uncle who Zoi Lightfoot is, like she has no clue. Then, she says someone is trying to sabotage Zoi's credibility, like she's heard Zoi's side of what's been going on in detail, and hasn't bothered to learn what is really happening. The wording is off; it reads like poorly written fiction. I'm still not positive who wrote it; all I know for sure is that it came from LPDOC.

Another concern is the timing. Kari Ann received a copy of the e-mail Zoi wrote to me at 5:27 am CST and by 4:12 pm CST had talked to her uncle and had written to me. Conveniently, Leonard called her the same morning that she received Zoi's e-mail? It may not be impossible, but I think it's damn improbable.

With these concerns in mind, here is the e-mail I received on February 2nd.

To whom it may concern:

I spoke with Leonard this morning.   I asked him one question.  "Uncle,  who is Zoi Lightfoot?" 

His response,  "She is our cousin,  why?  She has been there for me for years."
I told him, there are people asking about her and trying to sabotage her credibility. 

He says "NO!  if anyone wants to know my relationship i have with her,  have them write me.  She is our relative."

I hope this will put you at ease Bonnie.

Kari Ann

Assistant Coordinator

Leonard Peltier Defense Offense Committee

www.whoisleonardpeltier.info

I wrote to Kari Ann on February 4th, but have not had a reply.

Kari Ann,

Thank you for taking the time to ask Leonard about Zoi Lightfoot. I was never trying to "sabotage her credibility". I was only trying to verify who she was. She's made so many claims about who she is and what she's done and no one knew anything about her.

Bonnie Singleton

I tried to call the LPDOC office several times without getting an answer. I did talk with someone today. Betty and Kari Ann are in PA visiting Leonard. They will not be back home for several days. Kari Ann is without a phone or internet access. Hopefully she will call me when she returns and gets my message. I really want to ask her what's going on. Why didn't anyone know who Zoi was in July? Why are they willing to claim her as a cousin now?

Edit to add: While I'm still not comfortable with this e-mail, if this is going to be the "official" LPDOC position on the Zoi Lightfoot debacle, I felt it was important to share both the e-mail and my concerns with y'all.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 07:20:04 am by bls926 »

Offline bls926

« Reply #77 on: February 23, 2009, 02:16:05 pm »
Are there any limits to this woman's rudeness and disrespect?

I've been trying to get answers for months, not weeks or days. Seems Zoi's now trying to use Bob Robideau's death to further her cause. And she's calling me a "disrespectful moron"? Unbelievable.

E-mail from Zoi:

THIS is why LPDOC have not returned your "summons to answer to you"you disrespectful moron!

--- On Mon, 23/2/09, contact @ whoisleonard peltier. info <contact @ whoisleonard peltier. info> wrote:

From: contact @ whoisleonard peltier. info <contact @ whoisleonard peltier. info>
Subject: Leonard Peltier Remembers Bob Robideau
To: shugpt.1896 @ btinternet. com
Date: Monday, 23 February, 2009, 3:04 AM

Greetings my relatives!

It is with a real deep sense of loss that I write this.  The loss of my brother
in the struggle for Indigenous rights who was also my blood cousin and also a
defendant in the Oglala shoot-out trials.  I am speaking of Robert Robideau, who
we called Bob most of the time.  Bob was a tireless campaigner for my freedom
and Indigenous rights all over the world.  I can’t express enough how greatly
his leaving this level of existence will be missed. 

Bob and I grew up together.  We were involved in the 70’s American Indian
Movement together.  We were shot at together.  We were on the run together and
over the 33 years of my imprisonment, Bob was a person I could count on for a
lot of reasons.  We laughed together, quarreled with one another, praised one
another and had strong disagreements at times.  Bob was the one person I could
truly count on to tell me the straight of it, whether I liked it or not.  I
didn’t talk to Bob in person that often, as of late, but just the thought of
knowing it will be a while before I talk with him again, causes a sense of
missing him like never before.  He was sometimes my worst critic and sometimes
my best support, but he was always my brother and I loved him dearly.  I
wouldn’t doubt that wherever he is at, he’s organizing a support group of
some sort.  If I thought there was anything that I
could say that would bring him back to us, this statement would go on for as
long as it took.  However, reality being what it is, I know Bob will appreciate
our concerns for the loved ones he left behind and want us to go on and do the
very best we can to make this a better and more free, more just world we live in
and he would surely remind us that we are the guardians of the future and the
keepers of today. 

It is always difficult to address the loss of people you knew and cared about,
but every once in awhile, there is a loss that is deeper than all the rest.  In
this loss, there is often a loss of words.  It is a time when the shock of the
situation is so close that you just don’t know what to say.  One thing I can
say for sure is that the loss of Bob Robideau is a loss to all.  And to Bob, I
don’t know how long I’ll be here myself, but that doesn’t matter.  I look
forward to seeing you again my brother, some other time, some other place.  May
the Creator be with you wherever you are and wherever you go. 

In the Spirit of Crazy Horse, Bob Robideau, Steve Robideau, Joe Stuntz, Bobby
Garcia, Roque Duenas, Nilak Butler, Anna Mae Aquash, , and all the others who
gave of themselves for our People.

Mitakuye oyasin

Leonard Peltier

To unsubscribe from this newsletter, click the link below:
http://pub16.bravenet.com/elist/add.php … ternet.com
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 02:20:12 pm by bls926 »

Offline Smart Mule

• Administrator
« Reply #78 on: February 23, 2009, 02:50:45 pm »
Huh, I thought the lack of immediate respose was because they were in PA visiting Leonard...

Offline tachia

« Reply #79 on: February 24, 2009, 01:13:28 am »
bls ..

wow that sure makes LP DOC look good with a reply like that!!! .. that is really disrespectful and rude! .. .. seriously there is NO excuse as to why someone from LP DOC has not gotten back to you and others about these inquires .. .. not the hem hawing, forwarded emails etc .. but serious answers! .. it is very unfortunate and makes the organization look bad .. and that is NOT good!!! .. ..

LP DOC: David Hill, Betty Ann, Kerry Ann, Ben and Cat Carnes, and recently added, Wanbli Tate .. out of these, David and Betty Ann have no computers, no internet access, etc ..  Kerry Ann is often unavailable due to family matters, understandably ..
i know that ben and cat are still in the process of moving and was told that they do not yet have internet or phone .. that was the last i heard anyways .. and sorry to say, they do not return calls, emails etc when they are of a controversial nature .. and they would not know about this zoi anyways ..  ..
i also do not believe that Wanbli would know anything about this particular issue either ..

either zoi is or is not a blood cousin of LP or not .. either the LP DOC supports zoi or they do not .. should be a simple answer to get!!

makes us all wonder even more when people are not being forthright about this whole thing about zoi and there is so much rudeness and disrespect .. .. .. ..

it is at the point now, due to the "unbelievable" and unverifiable emails etc, that we need a direct answer from LP ..

it has become a "whose words can you trust" thing .. .. this whole mess could conceivably cause harm to LP and THAT should be avoided at all costs!!!!  .. ..

PS .. David, Betty Ann and Kerry Ann should be back from their visit with LP soon ..

Offline Moma_porcupine

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #80 on: February 24, 2009, 02:12:37 am »
Hopefully when she returns from PA, Kari Ann will clarify just what it is she meant to support when she sent that email. Though the email Kari Ann was sent from Zoi which is posted in Reply #69 includes Bonnies email to the IITC and a brief explaination of some of the concerns, and other people have previously brought this to Kari Ann's attention, if she's really busy she may not have had a chance to look at all the details.

Before anyone interprets Kari Ann's comments acknowledging some relationship with Zoi as being an informed endorsement of Treaty House, maybe we should be sure Kari Ann has actually read the information in this thread and knows what she is endorsing. The same would be true of an endorsement coming from anyone else.  Although Kari Ann's email makes it sound like she didn't know who Zoi was until she asked her Uncle, it's hard to imagine that foul tempered denuciation of anyone daring to question her, was Zoi's idea of introducing herself to a relative she had never spoken to before. I wonder what Zoi told Kari Ann and what Kari Ann was responding to?   

Though Zoi seems to be using her association with the LP DOC and her claims to be related to Leonard Peltier as a way to boost her own importance, whether or not Zoi is actually related to Leonard Peltier was never the main issue and it still isn't.

Offline tachia

« Reply #81 on: February 24, 2009, 02:28:52 am »
Hopefully when she returns from PA, Kari Ann will clarify just what it is she meant to support when she sent that email. Though the email Kari Ann was sent from Zoi which is posted in Reply #69 includes Bonnies email to the IITC and a brief explaination of some of the concerns, and other people have previously brought this to Kari Ann's attention, if she's really busy she may not have had a chance to look at all the details.

Before anyone interprets Kari Ann's comments acknowledging some relationship with Zoi as being an informed endorsement of Treaty House, maybe we should be sure Kari Ann has actually read the information in this thread and knows what she is endorsing. The same would be true of an endorsement coming from anyone else.  Although Kari Ann's email makes it sound like she didn't know who Zoi was until she asked her Uncle, it's hard to imagine that foul tempered denuciation of anyone daring to question her, was Zoi's idea of introducing herself to a relative she had never spoken to before. I wonder what Zoi told Kari Ann and what Kari Ann was responding to?   

Though Zoi seems to be using her association with the LP DOC and her claims to be related to Leonard Peltier as a way to boost her own importance, whether or not Zoi is actually related to Leonard Peltier was never the main issue and it still isn't.

moma ..

your right .. whether zoi is actually related to LP or not  .. is not the main issue .. merely a lesser one, it is important only in that so many people go around claiming to be something they are not .. .. the main issue is whether LP DOC supports zoi's organization "treaty house" and if so, do they then also support all the other questionable things zoi is involved in .. yes?

giving the benefit of the doubt in that the email from Kerry Ann actually came from her ..
i sincerely believe that Kerry Ann is not being given the whole story .. without that how can she possibly make an informed decision as to whether LP DOC supports zoi and "treaty house"?? .. ..

far too many questions and no answers .. .. ..

Offline bls926

« Reply #82 on: February 24, 2009, 06:25:02 am »
I'm sure we've all seen this article from Indigenous People about the First Nations Gathering scheduled for May 2008. This was being billed as "the largest International Intertribal Gathering ever to be held in Europe" and was to raise funds for Treaty House. Does anyone know if this Gathering took place last spring?

First Nations Gathering
The idea of a ‘First Nations Gathering’ was broached in June 2007 by the group setting up Treaty House. This will be the largest International Intertribal Gathering ever to be held in Europe, planned for 10 – 16 May 2008. It will be an annual showcase event featuring Native American Film, Art and Music together with educational talks and workshops to raise awareness, challenge stereotypes and to focus on current thinking among the First Nations of the Americas.

The Gathering was inspired by the Treaty House project, originated and led by Native American ex-pats living in the UK, with support and approval from Indigenous elders and communities from the US. It is an idea in the making. A Native American cultural and political centre in London, run by First American Nations, providing a focal point for thousands of ex-pats living in Europe. Treaty House is to be a ‘European Native American Embassy’, a resource centre, point of contact and a cultural bridge for the host community, disseminating information from source, organising and hosting a variety of cultural and political events and producing publications aimed at promoting a true and contemporary image of Native American Nations into the mainstream.

With this aim, we are organising the international First Nations Gathering for 2008 or 2009. Funds raised from the Gathering will go towards setting up Treaty House.

A meeting was held with representatives of Indigenous People, the Native Spirit Festival, First Nations Gathering and the Synergy Centre to plan and co-ordinate the event for next year. The FNG team includes :

·   Zoi Lightfoot of the Anishinabe Nation, a lawyer for Native American rights in the UN, living in London.

·   Linda Lou Flewin of the Mi'kmaq Nation, a business entrepreneur, living in Wiltshire. 

·   Liz Roemer of the Creek/Cherokee Nation, a retired American Navy IT professional, living in Berkshire.

·   Sanda Kolar, a film / documentary maker with strong links to American indigenous communities, living in London.

FNG have strong links with the Leonard Peltier Defense Campaign, and with a large network of indigenous performers and campaigners, including Warrior Artist Productions, who perform “My Life Is My Sun” by Lenoard Peltier, accompanied by an exhibition of his artwork. Strong links also exist with the Kevin Locke Native Dance Ensemble and associated artists, Blackfire and the Jones Benally Family and Joanne Shenandoah among other Native American performers, artists, spiritual leaders and intellectuals confirmed for this years Gathering.

http://www.indigenouspeople.org.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=26&Itemid=45

Offline bls926

« Reply #83 on: February 27, 2009, 06:41:35 am »
I thought it might be a good idea to revisit the original post in this thread, our introduction to Zoi Lightfoot.

Statement from Zoi Lightfoot – Director of Legal Affairs – Treaty House London UK

An Explanation of who Zoi Lightfoot is:

Zoi Lightfoot is enrolled Anishinaabe. She is Leonard Peltiers Cousin and she also is a lawyer who works for Native Rights in the UN and lives in London UK. Zoi Lightfoot is also recognized by the Women Title Holders of the Mohawk Nation.

Enrolled? If not White Earth, where? Zoi, you claim Anishnaabe, but do they claim you?

Leonard Peltier's Cousin, with a capital C . . . Leonard says we're all related.

A lawyer who works for Native Rights in the UN . . . By Zoi's own admission, she does not now nor ever has worked in the UN. Of course, she also tried to deny ever making the claim to over 35 years experience working in the UN. Emphasis on 'tried'.

Lives in London UK . . . Guess that part is true.

Wonder if anyone in the Mohawk Nation knows they recognize Zoi Lightfoot.

This statement was made to the committee members yesterday Saturday 20th October 2007 of Friends of Native Nations Network in London UK which comprises of English people with regards to Volunteer work for the Gathering in May 2008 in London UK which is Being organized by the Members of the international Intertribal Community.

Still haven't been able to find out whether this Gathering took place or not. I'm leaning toward not. I'm sure there would have been something somewhere about it, if it had actually taken place.

It is my understanding that members of the International Intertribal Community (IIC), Linda Lou Flewin and myself are present at your AGM to update you all on the Gathering of Nations. Unfortunately that is somewhat difficult for us as a member of your own committee has seen fit to contact Linda Lou directly stating that they have heard certain falsehoods concerning the Gathering. Falsehoods they choose to believe without having the decency to check before they wrote to Linda Lou Flewin to tell her on the basis of FALSE accusations, they could not/would not support the Gathering of Nations.

This begs a question from me. When the founding NNN members sat in MY home certain founding principles were agreed between the groups. Concerning malicious undermining and illegal slanders. You either have a problem of internal communication which you need to address amongst yourselves at your next meeting or you feel you have come so far you no longer need to hold true to your founding principals.

I wonder if this was really "illegal slanders" or someone asking questions, wanting the facts. Seems anyone who asks for information, references, etc is subject to ridicule and name calling.

Question? Where did your committee member get the notion the Gathering of Nations did not exist, that it was some “activist??? plot orchestrated by Linda Lou Flewin, Consular Director for Canadian Affairs, Liz Roemer UK Based IIC member and Larry D. Nichols IIC member based in Germany.

Consular Director for Canadian Affairs . . . Who named Linda Lou Flewin to this post? Who does she represent?

That this “plot??? is to defraud the pow wow hobbyists in the UK of donations, which will be used to bring “AIM Activists??? to the UK for the sole purpose of destroying the Pow wow re-enactments in the UK and Germany.

A plot to defraud the pow wow hobbyists of donations . . . One group of pretendians defrauding another group of pretendians. That's a good one. AIM involvement? AIM doesn't know y'all exist.

Our peoples have been obstructed from presenting the DOCUMENTED facts at the Pow wows in relation to these highly illegal accusations. They are subject to a form of hobbyist racial segregation. So, before I update you on the Gathering, let me bring you up to speed on the total background of this matter the Indian Nations themselves are monitoring closely.

What Nations are monitoring your activities?

Our Peoples overseas are not just a “few??? Indians scattered across Europe, the IIC represents approximately one eighth of our combined sovereign nations populous residing overseas. We respect the fact a majority of you do not see our ethnic community as a social club or playground for the racially confused. Sadly, there will always be those who presume that reading a few books and dressing up and enjoying a Pow wow for a few hours gives them the right to lie directly to us and assault members of the Indian Nations when they make false claims of being Indian.

Pot-Kettle Award goes to Zoi Lightfoot for this remark.

Our Members have been spat at, subject to threats concerning homes, families and personal safety. Cut and paste slanderous misinformation, some lifted and corrupted from our own central communications with Indian Nations. One individual even going so far as to play a real life 21st century game of Calvary vs. Indians on a US Army Base in Germany when their apparent racial ignorance was so bad they were told to produce their CDIB card and prove they were Indian.

Central communications with Indian Nations . . . Which Nations would this be?

Another two are a husband and wife team. He is British and she is German. She claimed the following: her mother was a veteran of Alcatraz, currently in hiding in Germany from the FBI. That her sibling whose hair she hangs in her living room to honor her was murdered by the FBI at yet another confrontation with the federal forces during the reign of terror and that she murdered her abusive father.

Problem was she chose of her own free will and volition to broadcast this to the Indian Nations through our central communications. The Veterans of Alcatraz were listening as were the grieving families of those who did not survive those dark times and they did not care much for this woman whose own horrified mother was telling us she was lying and whose father was alive the last time he introduced himself to members of the IIC.

She took their personal history, their grief and pain and turned it into a Twinkie lie and a mockery. It would be fair to say the direct response to her was swift and in some instances “colorful???

The spouse of this individual however was less concerned for his wife’s well being and more interested in blaming someone for the fact the Indian people themselves would have the audacity to object. That he ignored sound legal advice to the contrary and at the Bison Farm Pow wow UK did seek out and instigate an aggressive confrontation with Linda Lou Flewin and Liz Roemer. Such was the personally misplaced anger of this man; he did literally spit his low racial opinion of the Mi’kmaq peoples and Nation into the face of Linda Lou Flewin. In turn becoming equally abusive towards Liz Roemer.

Linda Lou ended any further abuse by slamming her hand on the table in front of her stating “that’s enough! You are an arrogant racially abusive Englishman??? when this individual turned his attention on our ancient clan lodge system, declaring our clan mothers and protocols to be “sexist???

Some days after that Pow Wow Linda Lou was contacted by an English policeman PC3435 Ian Hallam as this individual had made a complaint of racial harassment against Linda Lou as she had called the Individual an “ENGLISHMAN??? PC3435 Ian Hallam was made aware of the entire facts about the initial assault on her personally inclusive of the fact legal council had been made aware of the incident.

Drama Drama Drama

Since that time all that these people have been saying and doing has been passed onto all Nations.

All Nations . . . Again, which Nations?

The latest fad to hit town, is being stupid enough to claim to be from the same rez as Linda Lou and her Sister and that they are not Mi’kmaq. This on the Facebook website which they all have access to and which will be left there so the Nation can see what is happening in Europe’s underbelly with our own peoples.

I doubt if the MiKmaq Nation cares what's being said on Linda Lou's Facebook. The MiKmaq people have real lives with real issues to deal with.

All IIC (International Intertribal Community) members in Europe are experiencing malicious phone calls from silence to native music being played loudly and toilets flushing. So we all understand each other, these are central consular communications that are accessed and broadcast to our nations. As of today my official legal council is that we will report malicious calls to both service providers and police.

Central consular communications that are accessed and broadcast to our nations . . . One more time, which Nations?

Any notion that non-Indian peoples can openly assault members of our nations residing overseas is naïve in the extreme. Any notion we will be told how unreasonable taking legal actions against these people is labouring under the notion “we are all related??? needs to adjust to the fact there are no exclusion clauses for the Indian people when it comes to internationally recognized race laws. We will protect OUR OWN.

You have to actually be Indian before these laws would apply. White people don't discriminate against other white people. Well they might, but it isn't based on race.

Now this brings me to the Gathering. Given that the Grand Chief of the Mi’kmaq Nation has agreed in principle to attend the Gathering amongst others, given the way one of his peoples has been assaulted and racially abused, I can understand why this tiny minority of the hobbyist culture would be nervous about his presence. So let’s set the record straight shall we.

I guess "agreeing in principle to attend" isn't the same thing as actually agreeing to be there.

As most of you are aware and have seen, there is in existence a document in the form of a letter dated 19th July 1995 from Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II granting formal liberty for the Sovereign Nations to gather and convene in the United Kingdom.

Admittedly we do not require Her Majesties permission to convene in her sovereign territory, but as history shows and treaty obligations dictate it’s just not the done thing to not clearly state your objective and ask before one race of people descends on another. We take sovereign autonomy very seriously be it our individual Nations and their dealings with each other or the sovereignty of another races Nation.

This letter from the Queen would only apply if you were actually a member of a Sovereign Indian Nation. Don't think it's a blanket approval for every wannabe or hobbyist to hold any type of gathering they want.

At this present moment in time for The Gathering in London the members of the International Intertribal Community are entering a partnership with an established National Events Organizer in London UK who has lined up a major internationally recognized celeb to take on the media and press promotions side of things. We have interest from venues such as the Barbican and Roundhouse at this time. Plus have active interest from the Hard Rock Café and Hotel Chain who are due to be handed into the ownership of the Seminole Nation next year. They have expressed an interest in sponsoring the music side of the venues.

Who was this "major internationally recognized celeb" who was going to handle the media and press, help promote the Gathering?

To date we are still chasing corporate sponsorship for the film venues, a theatre, and exhibition space and or convention centre of some scale. We have Chiefs from several Nations, two complete dance troops, speakers, actors, craft makers and musicians. Most of which have confirmed and the list is growing.

Chiefs from several Nations? Two dance troupes? Actors? Musicians? Please name just a few.

If you choose to support us great, if not then we thank you for at least considering it. As for the Twinkie rubbish. Well the time has come for them to stop inciting hobbyist against our peoples and take legal responsibility for their own actions. We have been polite, we have asked, we have told, and now we are pushing back through the courts because this is where the racist BS stops. End of statement

Zoi, you joined this forum making claims about yourself and Treaty House. When we asked politely for references, we were called names and accused of wasting your time. You have such important, real work to do. You were quick to tell us about all the causes you've fought for, all the wrongs you have righted, in the abstract without specifics. No one in Indian Country has ever heard of you. If you had truly done all the things you've claimed, someone would have heard of you.

Game's up.

Offline zoi lightfoot

« Reply #84 on: February 27, 2009, 02:37:25 pm »
You have my e mail,give it to your legal rep and have them contact me asap

Offline Moma_porcupine

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #85 on: February 27, 2009, 04:26:12 pm »
Oh so now were back to the threats and bullying people into not asking reasoable questions or pointing out how silly some of your claims are... .

The only reason I can see you are suggesting Bonnie gets an attorney is because you are trying to accuse her of damaging your reputation.

Don't you think it is you who is responsible for "sabatoging" your credibility when you repeatedly brag about how important you are and refuse to point to any evidence which supports this? You are entirely responsible for setting this up, and if your claims are true and it amused you to do so,  it would be very easy for you to defend your own reputation . Why not just answer the obvious questions ? Or maybe you just enjoy verbally abuseing people ?

I have to telll you IMO that doesn't do much for your credibility either, but i guess you think it helps you in some way or you wouldn't do it - right?

I have to wonder why anyone with any common sense would come to an anti fraud message board and post this Statement from Treaty House with all it's grandious claims and fancy titles,
and expect nothing in these unlikely sounding claims would be questioned? Surely some skeptism and questions were anticipated when this announcment was posted here?

It seems if any of your claims were true you could easily provide a way to verify this. As it seems Kari Ann is willing to acknowledge you as some sort of relative it would have been so easy for you to PM someone the email of the LPDOC and Kari Ann's name as a refference way back several months ago.  if you were actually concerned that peoples doubts about you might sabatoge your work ...

It would also be easy for you to provide a way to verify that you are enrolled somewhere and you are a lawyer and you do work at the UN ,  though now you say you don't. Not sure how you can verify contradictory statements but that is your problem.

And Zoi, who you are , and the fact there is so little evidence to support your personal claims is really a side issue . The main question is what Nations are you repeatedly using as a refference?   Sorry but even if Leonard Peltier is your cousin and has paid for his support of NDN soverinty with his 33 years of lost freedom , niether he or anyone else in the LP DOC is a Nation. 

Re: Ben Carnes and Eagle Mountain Spiritual Council
« Reply #146 Today
Zoi Lightfoot   
Tell me then Al,which bit of Leonards campaign is not disrupted by the nafps witch hunts and which part of nafps do you think ANY indian peoples answer to?The "friend" whose identity you keep hidden,while they troll Peltier support claiming thier work in this group is the reason they stay anonymous?and do the cut and paste rounds of gossip and misinformation?Or the non indian woman who took acception to the fact i like Ben and have respect for him,just because she has a personal axe to grind?What bit of that are you not grasping,we have an innocent man to free and that takes a lot of focus and dedication.Ben answered all the questions previously put to him,so i fail to see why this is still a disruptive topic of conversation.And if Nafps is on form then this will be the cue for your two buddies to jump in yes?

Zoi, if the LP DOC doesn't sieze this opprotunity to clearly distance itself from some of your activities, i would think being associated with someone like you is probably going to do a lot more damage to Leonard Peltier's cause than anyone asking how someone working as an advocate for Lenord Peltier came to be authorized to conduct a Sundance - which really is a whole different issue.

For that matter, the character of who ever is advocating that Leonard Peltier recieves justice is kind of beside the point- though the integrity of this fight for justice could be demoralized if the people engaged in this struggle were shown to be hypocritical.

Leonard Peltier has dedicated his life to a cause , but it is the cause and his dedication to it that has made him important.

What i am noticing, is the causes you are supporting seem to be exactly the opposit of the causes which has cost Leonard Peltier 33 years of his freedom.

Wasn't resisting the instalation of puppet political representives who served mainly non native intresets the whole point of the struggle at Wounded Knee?

How is it you don't think you have sabatoged what you claim to be your own work and anyone associated with you when you publicly support make believe political entities claiming to represent NDN people, tribes , NDN Chiefs , ambassadors and when you support a "Mi'kmaq" Consular Director of Treaty House who's own published genealogy shows all of the gr gr grandparents on the supposedly Mi'kmaq side of her family were recorded as English and of no relation to Grand Chief Ben Sylliboy as you claimed?

Maybe I am just too dumb to see it, and this is a misundersatanding, but i would really like you or someone else in the LP DOC to please explain how the causes you are supporting have anything to do with the causes Leonard Peltier has paid for with 33 years of his freedom? 
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 05:11:56 pm by Moma_porcupine »

Offline bls926

Previously posted on Friday, February 27th. Re-posting since everything from Friday night and Saturday disappeared.

bls926

« Reply #90 on: February 27, 2009, 09:10:23 PM » Quote 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: zoi lightfoot on February 27, 2009, 09:37:25 AM
You have my e mail,give it to your legal rep and have them contact me asap

You have my e-mail and home address; give them to your legal rep and have him contact me, at his convenience. There's no rush.

Offline bls926

bls926

« Reply #91 on: Today at 01:22:07 AM » Quote 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FNG have strong links with the Leonard Peltier Defense Campaign, and with a large network of indigenous performers and campaigners, including Warrior Artist Productions, who perform “My Life Is My Sun” by Lenoard Peltier, accompanied by an exhibition of his artwork. Strong links also exist with the Kevin Locke Native Dance Ensemble and associated artists, Blackfire and the Jones Benally Family and Joanne Shenandoah among other Native American performers, artists, spiritual leaders and intellectuals confirmed for this years Gathering.

http://www.indigenouspeople.org.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=26&Itemid=45

I got to wondering how many of these entertainers were really "confirmed" for this Gathering, so I made a few inquiries.

I recently read about a First Nations Gathering in Europe that was being planned for May 10 - 16, 2008. This event was to be put on by Treaty House in London, England (Zoi Lightfoot, Linda Lou Flewin, Liz Roemer, and Sanda Kolar). The article stated that you were one of the entertainers scheduled to perform. I have not been able to find anything else about this Gathering, which was described as "the largest International Intertribal Gathering ever to be held in Europe". Did you appear at this Gathering last spring? Did the Gathering even take place? Below is the link to the article that I read.

Any information you can give me about the Gathering, Treaty House, or any of the people involved would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Bonnie Singleton
613 Malone
Houston, TX  77007

Replies

Hello Bonnie
We were in London at that time last year but there was no gathering..it was actually quite bizarre but we did perform for a place called the Synergy center with other indiginous groups but not from U.S.  but from London. We are now currently back in europe so I hope to read the article on our travels
thanks
Berta Benally

Hello Bonnie,
For some reason I don't see my name on this link.
Do you have a copy of that?
Never heard of it actually - so we shall see - huh?
JS

Joanne

Thank you for your quick reply. Not sure if this Gathering actually took place last year or not. I haven't been able to find any additional information. Below is the article. You are listed as one of the performers confirmed for the Gathering, in the last paragraph.

Thanks for your help.

Bonnie

Ahhh yes.
Sorry - don't know a thing about it.
The email I sent them - came back.
If you find out anything, please let me know.
Thanks!
JS

Edit to add: I wasn't able to post the headers to these e-mails. (See my comment down in the Computer Issues section.) Berta Benally is part of the Jones Benally Family. JS is Joanne Shenandoah.

Zoi, you really shouldn't name-drop. Someone might call you on it.

« Last Edit: Today at 01:38:38 AM by bls926 »  

« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 06:50:51 am by bls926 »

Offline bls926

bls926

« Reply #92 on: Today at 02:27:28 AM » Quote 
Page 4; Reply #48

Quote from: zoi lightfoot on December 30, 2008, 09:23:24 AM
Actualy the only folks who have been throwing my name around and promoting it are YOU and MP.What i see is a lot of gossip,back biting and bad jacketing.Your personal agenda is showing,were i to listen to internet gossip and trawl for negative commentary,what would i find about you and MP,aka PJ Morgan plus the many other alias' MP uses?First would be the notion you and MP,hell even AL are one and the same person.Do i beleive that? NOT unless someone proves it nope.Next would be the accusation that MP is in fact a male child abuser.Do I believe that also?Once again not until some one proves it.BASIC legal principle that applies to everyone BLS926,you MP,Tsissy myself AL in fact every human on this planet.
Also in this thread is the notion the Mikmaq do not have Grand Chiefs,incorrect careful what you wish for on your disruptive quest MP.If you undermine the gathering then i will most certainly let the very Elders,Chiefs,spokespeople,inclusive of the entire cast of my lifes a sundance,know where to send the bill for thier disrupted travel arrangements.Plus a great many other things attatched to this gathering.

Guess the Gathering didn't take place in 2008. Looks like maybe it's going to take place this year, provided this is the same Gathering Zoi is talking about.

So, how are the plans coming along? Different line-up of entertainers this time around? Guess Joanne Shenandoah and the Jones Benally Family weren't invited this year. Neither knows anything about it and it's a little late now to start making plans to attend.   

Offline tachia

my post to bls on this "gathering" .. re-posted from before the "day time stood still" .. :)

bonnie ..
guess the "gathering" is to take place this year - may 10 - 16, 2009 .. ..

source:   www.myspace.com/treatyhouse 
"FIRST NATIONS GATHERING
The First Nations Gathering, the largest International Intertribal Gathering ever to be held in Europe, will be from 10 – 16 May 2009. It is an annual showcase event featuring Native American Film, Art and Music together with educational talks, films, documentaries and workshops to raise awareness in general and to focus on current thinking."

this is the second post i placed in here, on the same day as the above post

and this too speaks of a 2009 "gathering" .. .. ..

source: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TreatyHouse/
Treaty House London UK are also establishing relations with Salford Council,Manchester UK in order to provide a historic Gathering of the Nations in 2009.This is to open up lines of communications on both sides of the ocean with a view to providing Educational cross exchanges and possibly to provide also a stream of revenue generating business within and for the Nations.

(these are the two posts of mine, that you never got to see bonnie)