Author Topic: Statement from Zoi Lightfoot - Director of Legal Affairs Treaty House UK  (Read 137799 times)

Offline bls926

Re: Statement from Zoi Lightfoot - Director of Legal Affairs Treaty House UK
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2009, 08:05:53 pm »
Alberto's reply

Hello,

I think I already responded to this inquiry, stating that personally, I have not heard of Ms. Lightfoot. I am forwarding this inquiry to our Executive Director for any light she may be able to shed on this question.

alberto>

Offline tachia

« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2009, 12:17:52 am »
heya bonnie .. :)
thanks for the update on "zoi" ..

Offline bls926

« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2009, 10:12:09 pm »
E-mail from Andrea

FW: Zoi Lightfoot?

Bonnie, I have also forwarded your note to folks I know at White Earth rez,  but so far no one has heard of this person.  Best,

Andrea Carmen
Executive Director,

International Indian Treaty Council
Web Site: 
E-Mail: 
Office: 
Fax:

Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 1:24 PM
To: andrea
Subject: Zoi Lightfoot

Andrea,

I had an email today from Bill Means regarding questions about a Zoi Lightfoot living in the UK.  This is not a relative of mine, nor is it anyone I know or have ever heard of.  My Lightfoot family is enrolled at the Keweenaw Bay Ojibwe reservation in northern Michigan.  We have relatives at Leech Lake and White Earth, but they are not named Lightfoot.  None of my research activities over the past two years have revealed anyone with that name, either.

I hope that all is well with you.

Warm Regards,

Sheryl

« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 11:47:27 pm by bls926 »

Offline bls926

« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2009, 10:55:58 pm »
I had trouble posting these last two messages. They would not go thru if I included the headers in the e-mails I received from the IITC. Trust me, Alberto and Andrea do work for the International Indian Treaty Council, a legitimate organization working for indigenous people around the world.

Offline zoi lightfoot

« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2009, 09:34:48 am »
Thats MRS Lightfoot you annoying little harpi,now try posting the reply EVERYONE ELSE has seen from Chief Gary Metallic,MY reply to you and Leonard Peltiers reply to you.Way too handy with calling folks fraud there Bonnie.NEVER said i was from White Earth,Never said i worked FOR the UN.Grow up some of us have REAL work to do!.

Offline Moma_porcupine

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2009, 05:35:35 pm »
Thats MRS Lightfoot you annoying little harpi,now try posting the reply EVERYONE ELSE has seen from Chief Gary Metallic,MY reply to you and Leonard Peltiers reply to you.Way too handy with calling folks fraud there Bonnie.NEVER said i was from White Earth,Never said i worked FOR the UN.Grow up some of us have REAL work to do!.

Thanks for showing us a bit more of your character and affiliations Zoi.

I haven't heard or seen anything about anyone recieving a reply from Gary Metalic or Leonard Peltier.

I guess I'm not included in "everybody".

If those messages exist it would be interesting to see them posted.

I find it interesting you are implying you have some connection with Gary Metalic and that he would vouche for you. 

Personally I hesitate to accept anything which is supposed to be from Leonard Peltier if it doesn't fit with the rest of the facts. The man is is in jail and is a political prisoner . As people affiliated with Treaty House have previously been seen to impersonate Native prisoners,  or their families, it would make sense to really carefully check out the source of any email allegedly written by Leonard Peltier .

Zoi Lightfoot
Thats MRS Lightfoot

Whatever... You have been repeatedly refered to as "Zoe" or "Zoi Lightfoot" since at least 1994. If you were as involved in Native issues as you say you are, it seems people in the Native community would recognize you by your married name. And if you find Bonnie doubting you annoying , why not just tell people your maiden name and arrange with someone in the tribal council of whatever tribe you claim to be enrolled in to vouche for you ? Why are you wasting our time with what seems like a game of 20 guesses ?

And for that matter why should anyone take your word for anything?  Seems like you are engaging in bold face lying ... For example ...

Zoi Lightfoot

NEVER said i was from White Earth

In the first post page one of this thread .

crazyeagle
Zoi Lightfoot is enrolled Anishinaabe

and you said ;

http://newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=1252.15

Re: what tribe or nation is everyone?
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2008,
zoi lightfoot
mississippi band anishinabe

http://newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=1722.15

Re: Paul Moore "Bear Paw"
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2008,
zoi lightfoot   
Couple of things.
1) I am Mississippi Band Anishinaabe
2) i am an attorney

As far as i can see, White Earth is the reserve which belongs to the Mississippi band ....

http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/White-Earth-Band-of-Chippewa
The White Earth Indian Reservation is the largest and historically poorest Indian reservation in Minnesota. It was formed in 1868 after a treaty was arranged with the Mississippi Band of Ojibwe the year before, though Native Americans from several bands eventually came to settle on the site.

So where are you enrolled if not at White Earth? I can't think of one good reason someone claiming to represent North American indigenous Nations to the UN would refuse to provide this information.

zoi lightfoot   
Never said i worked FOR the UN

http://newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=1735.0
Re: Blackwater Muskogee tribe
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2008,

zoi lightfoot
I've been a recognized attorney for over thirty five years and yes i am part of the vast intertribal legal team based at the UN.

This conversation is begining to remind me of conversations with Carlos Castenada . There's no evidence Don Juan ever existed and lots of evidence that he didn't , but if you split hairs and rationalize people can make anything seem possible.

What I find really disturbing is you obviously KNOW individuals have no right to appoint themselves as a representitive to a Nations , and this is a sovereignty issue.

zoi lightfoot

Re: Blackwater Muskogee tribe
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2008,
our Nations and their leadership do not require the permission nor do they require to notify anyone if they take the Sovereign position they name and nominate their own Ambassadors.

What sovereign Nation appointed you to create an something you have repeatedly refered to as an a consular facility or Native American embassy ?

Why should anybody be verbally abused and called a "little harpie" for insisting individuals making claims to officially represent sovereign nations provide some way to verify these claims?

If being researched bugs you why don't you save us all some work and provide some references. If you don't want to provide a way for the public to verify this ,  than quit making claims to gain the public trust. If anything you claim is true, I find your expectation of a position of public trust together with your repeated evasive and verbally abusive behaviour to be really really really inappropriate.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 06:10:58 pm by Moma_porcupine »

Offline bls926

« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2009, 06:02:38 am »

Here is one of the three e-mails Zoi requested that I post.

The other two e-mails are being checked for authenticity.

For your information
Sent: Mon 2/02/09 5:27 AM
To: bls926
Cc:  Leonard Peltier Defense Offense Committee; alberto; KOLA / IPF; gary metallic; Linda Lou Flewin

You know Bonnie,when you accuse someone of something,you had best make sure they actualy said what it is you accuse them of BEFORE you accuse them of being frauds,not only is your statement false and naive,you are now misleading the IITC.Not clever.

I do not work for the UN,nor am i about to discuss with you or your anonymous friend,WHO I work for and on what,but i do work for Indian peoples .You and MP claim I am a fraud,because the "personel dept" of the UN has not heard of me?,The Indian Nations are not recognised as member states of the UN.I suggest you play elsewhere.

You state LPDOC do not know me,you friend has been told directly that this is untrue,you are placing NAFPS in an untenable postion,in that you wrongly assume a public forum,comprising of more non natives than a site claiming to be Native should do,is the place the Nations and peoples will discuss thier internal business.

They will inform EVERYONE,as and when they see fit to determine what i do or do not do is any of yours or this Moma Porkcupines business,not before.And who on earth stated i was from White Earth?Was not me thats for sure,another false accusation on your part.
Now i have REAL work to do and have better things to do than play with egotistical,disruptive children.

VERY Sincerely
Zoi Lightfoot

---
Subject: For your information
To: "zoi lightfoot"
Date: Sunday, 1 February, 2009, 8:05 PM

posted on NAFPS

RE: Zoi Lightfoot and Treaty House?
Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 4:31 AM
To: International Indian Treaty Council
Subject: FW: Zoi Lightfoot and Treaty House

Resending this in case the original was overlooked. Please forward any information you have on Zoi Lightfoot and Treaty House. We need your help.

Thank you,
Bonnie Singleton

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: alberto
Subject: Zoi Lightfoot and Treaty House
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 00:27:00 -0600

International Indian Treaty Council
The Redstone Building,
2940 16th Street, Suite 305
San Francisco, CA. 94103-3664.
(415) 641-4482 FAX (415) 641-1298

I am trying to find information about Zoi Lightfoot. The only thing I am sure of is that she lives in England.

She claims to be enrolled with the Mississippi Band of Ojibwe, from the White Earth Reservation. Inquiries have been made, and we are waiting for a reply.

Lightfoot claims to be an attorney working at the United Nations on Indigenous Rights, with over 35 years experience. I have not been able to find anything online connecting Lightfoot with the U.N., in any capacity.

She has claimed to be a member of AIM; however, I have not been able to verify this.

Lightfoot claims to be Leonard Peltier's cousin, although his family says that they do not know her.

Lightfoot and her friends present themselves as representatives to Europe from their respective Nations. Treaty House is supposed to be an American Indian embassy in England, for ex-pats or Indians traveling in Europe. There's no physical location for Treaty House; right now all it is is a myspace. Some of the people she associates with and supports are out-right frauds.

Please forward any information you may have on Lightfoot. Lightfoot refuses to give any references, either professional or private. She may be legitimate, but my gut says otherwise. If she is legit, fine. If she is another fraud, stealing Native American culture, I will help to expose her. If that is the case, not only is she preying on the unsuspecting European community and their love-affair with all things Indian, but is misleading American Indians living in Europe, the very people she says she is helping.

Thank you for your assistance in this matter. I hope to hear from you in the very near future.

Bonnie Singleton
613 Malone
Houston, Texas  77007
--
There are no leaders in Unity...only many people walking side by side!

« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 06:11:19 am by bls926 »

Offline tachia

« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2009, 11:10:24 pm »
good post, in its entirety mp .. hope you do not mind yet i would like to snip just a part of it .. ..

Personally I hesitate to accept anything which is supposed to be from Leonard Peltier if it doesn't fit with the rest of the facts. The man is is in jail and is a political prisoner . As people affiliated with Treaty House have previously been seen to impersonate Native prisoners,  or their families, it would make sense to really carefully check out the source of any email allegedly written by Leonard Peltier .

very good advice .. especially right now .. .. hesitate indeed .. .. .. often times, in any organization founded to support a person in prison, those running the organization have far more control and "say so" than  the actual person whom they are purportedly supporting ..

Offline tachia

« Reply #68 on: February 11, 2009, 07:04:49 pm »

zoi .. no need to get "your knickers in a twist" and be so nasty now is there? .. why do YOU not post these "reply's" you speak of?? .. who exactly is "EVERYONE ELSE" in your little world? .. none of us have seen anything, obviously we are not "everyone" .. if they are so impotrtant why don't YOU post them eh?

why not tell us all EXACTLY where you ARE enrolled? .. if it is not white earth, where then??? .. white earth is where the band you claim to be enrolled in, IS ..  ..  .. and sorry sweetie, yet you do strongly IMPLY, in many posts, that you work for the UN and further IMPLY that you have done so for 30+ years ..

if you are NOT willing to deal with questions in an open and forthright manner than you forfeit the right to get "bent" when others have no other choice but to come to conclusions from ALL that you have IMPLIED ..

why don't you "grow up" and just answer the questions being asked of you in a truthful and forthright manner? .. what have you to hide zoi??? .. why is it ok for YOU to ask questions in order to determine the legitimacy of someones claims, and yet you do not allow anyone to do the same to you?? .. you are the one putting yourself out there as "someone important" and making claims that no one has been able to verify .. which is exactly the sort of thing that does get questioned vigorously, by us as well as by you, in all other instances of someone making such claims .. ..

a few months ago, DH, KA and others of Leonard's close friends and family strongly denied any knowledge of you. denied you being a "cousin" of Leonard's .. now, apparently KA has decided to change their mind on that statement .. which makes one wonder exactly what IS going on .. ya know, a LOT of people toss those terms around rather loosely, to say the least! .. "cousin, brother, sister etc" .. people who have never even met or spoken directly with Leonard .. yet seem to think that having any sort of connection "with" him allows them to do so .. even to the point of putting out letters et al in his name and saying that they are a "family member" .. .. some of us know better than to fall for such drivel, others unfortunately do not and are suckered in by these "family members" .. are you indeed a member of leonard's family, BY BLOOD, or just tossing the term around in that popular nuage way??? .. ..

you came in here dropping names like candy, and personally i do not trust anyone who has a need to drop names in order to establish their own credibility .. i have stayed out of this until now zoi .. yet will no longer stand by and let you attack innocent people for merely asking questions .. questions you have yet to answer .. .. .. is your presence in here merely to cause trouble now? .. is it all just part of the game zoi? .. some of us know the game and do not wish to participate .. ..

ndn country is a small place zoi, which you should know, if you are who and what you say are .. in ndn country, everyone knows, or knows of, everyone else in some way or another ..

bottom line here is that no one in ndn country (usa/canada) acknowledges knowing you .. so why do you not just clear this all up for everyone zoi? .. i would think that it would be really simple for you to do so IF you are who you say you are etc .. answer the questions that are being asked of you, be as upfront with the people here as you expect others to be with you .. 

i have my own opinion of what is going on, which i will not voice publicly .. not as of yet anyways .. .. .. .. ..

-----------------

to bonnie in particular and all others in general.. hang in there, the truth will come out in the end .. ..

Offline bls926

« Reply #69 on: February 18, 2009, 04:24:34 am »

I will not be posting the e-mail from Gary Metallic, forwarded to me by Zoi Lightfoot. I've been asked to keep all correspondence with Chief Metallic private and I have agreed to do that.

I did not receive any correspondence from Leonard Peltier.

Offline Moma_porcupine

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #70 on: February 19, 2009, 06:05:57 pm »
On Feb 11 , over a week ago, I sent the email copied below, to the LP DOC. at

contact[at]whoisleonardpeltier.info

I still have not recieved an answer. I understand people are busy, but this question has been left unanswered for too long. I am posting this here, because it needs to be clear to the public what was asked and who answered. As Ben Carnes and his partner are both members of this message board , and Ben Carnes is also an official spokesperson for the LP DOC, i am posting this here in the hopes of getting a clear and definitive answer. 

The email I sent last week read;

Does LPDOC endorse UK organization Treaty House?

Hi

I am a member of an online message board called NAFPS which tries to
educate the public so they are better able to recognize and avoid
supporting people who exploit indigenous cultures and identities.

I post under the username Moma_porcupine. Ben Carnes partner Cat (
Ponche Huma) is also a member of that message board. Cat may remember
that last summer I exchanged some PMs with her discussing one of the
people she was working with, in an effort to shut down Suraj Holzwarth
aka White Eagle Medicine Woman.

PJ Morgan is just an alias. I apologize if this seems rude, but it may
be important to me and my families safety and sanity to remain
anonymous. As what I am writing you about is a matter of public
interest, and the facts are easily verifiable through other sources
than myself, who I am as an individual is not really relevant to this
inquirey.

Why I am writing is to ask about a project called Treaty House which
is being undertaken by a person who has been involved supporting the
European branch of the LPDOC for at least 15 years. This person is
named Zoi Lightfoot.

Treaty House is supposedly going to be funded by a big gathering in
the UK which will feature many Native artists , speakers and
performers. This organization Treaty House has repeatedly been said to
be intended to be a "Native American Embassy in Europe", a "consular
facility" and political and cultural center in Europe which is owned
by "the Nations".

The problem being, it is not clear which Nations are backing this ,
and none of the people who are creating Treaty House have provided any
evidence any of them are actually enrolled in a federally recognized
tribe.  At least 2 of the three organizers appear to be people of very
distant descent ( or possibly none at all ) and are probably not be
eligible to be enrolled in any federally recognized tribe. However
they all refer to themselves as being NDNs and as representing NDN
Nations.

Zoi Lightfoot has made a number of questionable claims about herself,
including that she is Leonard Peltier's cousin. Whether or not this is
true, the main issue is that she seems to be using her involvement in
the LPODC as a reference.

If you are not aware of all the details of these claims it would help
if you read through all of the thread linked to below, which is posted
in NAFPS.

http://newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=1390.0

What I would like to know is if the LPDOC is officially supporting the
creation of this organization Treaty House with Linda Lou Flewin as
Consular Director and your LPODC member Zoi Lightfoot as legal
advisor?

I would also like to know if there truly any tribal governments
supporting and backing this organization.

As Ben Carnes is a member of NAFPS he would be welcome to post this
email , and his answer , in that thread. I would strongly recommend
before anyone answers this one way or another that they take the time
to first read through all of the thread , so they are sure what they
may be supporting. Or I could post your answer myself.

This Treaty House is presenting itself as a public organization. The
public needs a way to verify if this is a legit organization which
should be supported. The name of the LPDOC is being used as a
reference.

Is this being done with your organizations permission?

If the LPDOC does wish to officially support Treaty House it would be
good to lay the doubts about this to rest, and if it doesn't, it seems
it would be good to clarify this so the reputation of the LPODC is not
discredited through being wrongly associated with an organization it
does not wish to support.

I really hope this email will not offend anyone. There is no way the
public can avoid supporting exploiters who misappropriate Native
culture and political identity if the public can't ask questions to
verify who is legit and who isn't.

Thanks for your time

Not PJ Morgan and not really a Porcupine...

Just doing my best to tell the truth

( the red bold is added to this post and wasn't in the original. I just want to make sure it is clear what is being asked )
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 06:31:33 pm by Moma_porcupine »

Offline tachia

« Reply #71 on: February 19, 2009, 09:19:39 pm »
moma ..

i cannot understand how anyone can be too busy to reply to your email .. why is the LP DOC not answering this?! .. these questions your asking are valid questions and have NEED to be answered .. one would think this would also be important to the LP DOC to answer these questions, as any sort of controversy about someone such as zoi being connected with them could cast doubt on the integrity of the organization etc .. far above the reputation of LP DOC is the fact that things like this can and do cause harm to LP!! .. loss of support for LP. especially right now when we do have SO much support, is not a good thing and one would think that the person running LP DOC would KNOW  this!!! .. ..

to snip a bit of your email moma ..
"I really hope this email will not offend anyone. There is no way the
public can avoid supporting exploiters who misappropriate Native
culture and political identity if the public can't ask questions to
verify who is legit and who isn't."

very true!! well said!! .. i do not think anyone intends to offend! .. if we are not allowed to ask questions how can we be expected to ascertain who is legit and who is not??

t

Offline Spaewife

« Reply #72 on: February 19, 2009, 11:23:05 pm »
The LPDC was disolved, LPDOC was started last yeah in the first half.

The copy of the incorporation with the date on the main site I can't read due to my monitor.. but this is on the site..on one of the blogs

http://whoisleonardpeltier.blogspot.com/2008/09/message-from-leonard-peltier-and-lpdoc.html

May 18, 2008

Greetings. We hope this message finds you well and in good spirits.

As many of you already know, due to recent circumstances beyond his control, Leonard Peltier has had no choice but to dissolve the Leonard Peltier Defense Committee. However, you should also know that Leonard's family has no intention of letting this occurrence prevent us from continuing our efforts on Leonard's behalf. Rather than being defeated, this occurrence has strengthened our -- and his -- resolve.

Today, we are very happy to officially announce that a new support organization has been established for Leonard -- the Leonard Peltier Defense Offense Committee (LPDOC), incorporated in the State of North Dakota. Details about the LPDOC will be released in the days and weeks ahead. We encourage you to often visit our Web site at
http://www.whoisleonardpeltier.info for all the latest information.

Supporters beware! The LPDOC is the only organization authorized to raise funds, by any means, for Leonard's legal defense and freedom campaign. Former Peltier resources -- web site addresses such as freepeltier.org, leonardpeltier.org, leonardpeltier.net, etc., selected MySpace pages, and the Freedom Walk at www.freedomwalk.com -- are no longer affiliated with Leonard Peltier or his network of family, friends and other supporters; and in no way do these Internet resources represent Leonard's views or contribute to Leonard's freedom campaign -- financially or otherwise. We request that you immediately link instead to http://www.whoisleonardpeltier.info, as well as delete the Freedom Walk widget from your Web sites, blogs, and MySpace and Facebook pages.

All unpleasantness aside, as we make this new beginning, we hope you will recommit to the struggle and continue to walk with Leonard towards freedom. Join with us to bring Leonard home.

Please make note of and circulate the LPDOC's contact information:

Leonard Peltier Defense Offense Committee (LPDOC)
PO Box 7488, Fargo, ND 58106
Phone: 701/235-2206
E-mail: contact@whoisleonardpeltier.info
Web: http://www.whoisleonardpeltier.info

Offline tachia

« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2009, 01:16:25 am »
spaewife .. ???
i think we all know about LPDC being dissolved and the creation of the LP DOC .. so i am not sure what your trying to say with that post?? .. .. what has that to do with the current situation and zoi??

sorry i am confused as to your meaning with that post .. :)

Offline Moma_porcupine

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #74 on: February 21, 2009, 05:04:44 am »
Besides posting the unanswered email in Reply #73 , I sent a copy through the NAFPS private message system to Ben Carnes partner Cat . She is a member of NAFPS and she said she would she would try to call Kari Ann.

In response, I sent her the following PM

Please no more confused communication......
« Sent to: Ponshe Humma on: February 19, 2009,

Cat, over the past 6 months , there is lots of people claiming they talked to someone in the LP DOC .

The problem is, there hasn't been a completely consistent clear answer coming from the LP DOC. It partly depends on who asks the question, how the question is framed, just what it is the person thinks they are agreeing or disagreeing with, and the credibility of the source. It also depends on if the question is sidesteped by answering something that wasn't asked.

That is why I posted the question publicly, and this is also why I am asking for a person who is recognized as a formal spokes person for the LP DOC such as Ben Carnes, who is also a member of NAFPS  to make a clear statement as to whether the LP DOC supports or does not support the organization of this Treaty House as is described in the thread in NAFPS.

I understand if he first needs to talk to some people and make sure they have read this thread and know what they are commenting on, before he can say where the LP DOC stands.

But it isn't reasonable to think you can just phone Kari Ann when she is in the middle of who knows what and expect her to know what exactly she is approving or disapproving, without having read through the thread.

This is the reply I got back . Thanks to Cat for giving me permission to post this.

Re: Please no more confused communication......
« Sent to: Moma_porcupine on: Today

OK I finally spoke with Kari Ann - she said yes she is his relative and yes they work with them..I asked her to send me an email and i will forward it to you...
hope I helped out.
Cat

Maybe the email will further clarify just what it is Kari Ann is supporting.

I guess if anyone has any further questions they could get in touch with Kari Ann or Betty who are both coordinators of the LP DOC and Leonard Peltier's relatives.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 05:11:43 am by Moma_porcupine »