Author Topic: Stephen McCullough  (Read 36405 times)

Offline Cetan

• Hoka Hey
Re: Stephen McCullough
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2009, 03:22:05 pm »
Actually that Sundance in Southern Illinois was started by a white guy - Duke Shlomo. There were always non Lakota "chiefs" running it including Aurelio Diaz the first year, a Mexican man who had only just completed his 4th year as a Sundancer in 2007 and a white guy called Bear last year. Leonard has alternately threatened to chop their tree down with a cahinsaw (in the late 90's) and given his OK (afterall there is mazaska there) and he has had his son go over there.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 03:30:30 pm by Cetan »

Offline Walks Proud

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2009, 06:15:28 am »
Why are you being so rude and aggressive? And don't say it's because of your being  Lakota and these are YOUR ways when you don't even know me.

The first thing you have to do is make a rude comment just because I spelled a word wrong. I'm glad you're perfect and make no mistakes ever.

Then you demand WHO am I and what RIGHT do I have? Not a very good way to have an open discussion with someone. And to repeat, you don't know me.

Then you belittle one of the oyate? I would never say that any man is perfect but "l"eonard has contributed much to the Lakota nation. Sure there are lots of people that are upset with him or some of his thinking on different matters but ya know what, those people know who to run to when they are in need.

Oh excuse me.... sOn.  ::) 

And by the way... that's ...... Leonard's (with a capital L:P

I think there could be a native dance anywhere need be. My point is it has to be NATIVE dance.  ;)

tell me what give you the right to decide about my people ceremonies??
Are you Lakota???

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2009, 03:24:22 pm »
So I guess the next question would be which tribe are you
enrolled in and what family claims you?
In Spirit

Offline Walks Proud

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2009, 07:48:17 am »
Sure, I won't mind answering that after you answer mine.  :)

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2009, 04:02:34 pm »
I am an enrolled member of the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe
I am 7/8 Standing Rock Sioux from the bands Ihunktonwan, Cuthead
Sisseton of the Dakota Nation on my Father's side and
Hunkpapa, Blackfeet of the  Lakota Nation and finally
1/8 Oglala that is not claimed from Pine Ridge that is
not claimed on my enrollment from my Mother's side.
(side note our enrollment policy just changed so I will be
able to claim my Ogala blood this coming year
)
I live on the my reservation. I complie the history and
genealogy for my nation as well as keep and eye on
the corruption of our spirituality.
I am a grandma of seven, a mother of four plus five step-
children and a foster mon of 36 children.
So that who i am. ;D ;D ;D ;D
In Spirit

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2009, 04:09:05 pm »
Why are you being so rude and aggressive? And don't say it's because of your being  Lakota and these are YOUR ways when you don't even know me.

The first thing you have to do is make a rude comment just because I spelled a word wrong. I'm glad you're perfect and make no mistakes ever.

Then you demand WHO am I and what RIGHT do I have? Not a very good way to have an open discussion with someone. And to repeat, you don't know me.

Then you belittle one of the oyate? I would never say that any man is perfect but "l"eonard has contributed much to the Lakota nation. Sure there are lots of people that are upset with him or some of his thinking on different matters but ya know what, those people know who to run to when they are in need.

Oh excuse me.... sOn.  ::) 

And by the way... that's ...... Leonard's (with a capital L:P

I think there could be a native dance anywhere need be. My point is it has to be NATIVE dance.  ;)

tell me what give you the right to decide about my people ceremonies??
Are you Lakota???

I will ask that you take time to understand our point of view of my people and that is view is not just one person.
I did not feel i was being rude and i being forward. I am offended that you have come to tell us what we must think and why. I am offended because one of our people share a part of his life with you people and then you took it as yours. I am offened that my words about Steve McCullough and the sundance are taken as being rude.
In Spirit

Offline Walks Proud

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2009, 08:27:51 pm »
I'm sorry but you have it all wrong. I was not saying I was offended that you said anything about Steve McCullough. I know he is a fake and a cultural vampire. I also don't know why you think that I was trying to tell people what they should or shouldn't do/think/whatever. That is not the case. All I was saying is............ there are sundances that are being run by NATIVE people all over the country and not just in SD/ND. Do you think they are going to stop? What I was saying was .. if there are going to be dances other places..... they should be NATIVE run and not some wannabes or fakes.

It wasn't that what I thought you said about Steve was rude....... it was how you talked to me that I felt was rude when you don't know me..... or where I come from then you come back in demanding what gives me the right about your peoples blah blah blah. You even had to make a snotty remark about a typo that I had made.. how petty is that?

I also felt it was rude the way you talked about Leonard. You don't have to agree with everything that man has done but you should show him some respect for all he as done for the native people over his life time.

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2009, 05:33:27 pm »
Ok i don't like Leonard, that is fact.
I have been around him and will not
shake his hand because of what he
has done.
I can not give respect to the man.
Sorry about that but no i won't change.

I am also against ceremonies held in different
land bases that it is not on the plains.

I think it is stupid to have ceremonies in part of
the country where other tribes live and have their
own ceremonies.

In Spirit

Offline Walks Proud

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2009, 06:06:14 pm »
But that is one point people use for having ceremonies in other areas now, people HAVE moved around and were relocated to other areas. Yes, while it is desirable that people would travel to a home dance it is not always possible, especially given the times and economy no matter how much the heart desires that.

And just what would Leonard have done that would make him any different than any other human that has ever made a mistake? People do make mistakes and people have recovered and changed. I've heard him many times talk about some of his mistakes but ya know what, it sure doesn't make a difference in his ceremonies. Have you been in any of them?

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2009, 08:09:14 pm »
yes

I am sorry but it is how i feel

Ok so people have Inipi in other locations
that i can understand except the desert
Sun Dance is a ceremonies that not everyone
should participate in.
The different states have different tribes go to them

Again my point is No non natives people at all at ceremonies.
No non-native people dancing at all.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 08:30:35 pm by earthw7 »
In Spirit

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2009, 08:29:27 pm »
I will be attend where leonard will be saying prayer again  :-\
In Spirit

Offline Cetan

• Hoka Hey
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2009, 08:55:40 pm »
Anne - please start a new thread

Offline Sparks

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2021, 06:48:21 am »
There is a newer and much longer topic about Stephen (Steve) McCullough here:

Steve McCullough aka Iktomi Sha & Salt Creek Sundance (230 replies from 2007 to 2021.)