Author Topic: Hello from labbit  (Read 3181 times)

Offline labbit

Hello from labbit
« on: February 19, 2013, 11:11:50 pm »
Hi all,

I've used the forum over the years to research different things... I felt called to register recently to comment in a discussion.

What to say by way of introduction? I'm from California, don't feel at home spiritually in any of the world's dominant wisdom traditions. Over the years I have found myself drawn more and more toward indigenous plant medicine work, specifically Peruvian work with ayahuasca and huachuma. It's been incredibly powerful, healing, and transformative. Very grateful for these plants.

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
Re: Hello from labbit
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 09:47:48 pm »
By the way you describe yourself and your search for belonging/identity, and your comments in this thread,  I am going to hazard a guess that you are probably not from a Peruvian Indigenous tribe.

Have you read our threads here on Ayahuasca use/abuse and spiritual tourism? I think much of what we have to say about this has already been said. Do a search from the main page. We've had a lot of discussions about this.

We've had a lot of Ayahuaca consumers come here and defend the misappropriation of these medicines, as well as traditional people from the cultures who are being damaged and endangered by this outsider interest in taking their medicines.