Author Topic: am new here and find it all interesting  (Read 4604 times)

am new here and find it all interesting
« on: January 28, 2013, 11:15:46 pm »
Just joined forum by way researching the santee of south carolina of which i am now a member of yhank u kindly for allowing membership to this forum and look forward to exchanging ideas soon

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
Re: am new here and find it all interesting
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 03:33:25 pm »
who are the Santee of South Caroline?
people never get their storys correct
There are no santee in South Carolina.
So far we heard there was a Blackfeet in north carolina now
a Santee I would wonder which band our do they think the
Santee is the name
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 01:27:57 am by earthw7 »
In Spirit

Offline milehighsalute

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 07:16:37 pm »
i'd like to know too

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 03:28:48 am »
So far what ive gathered is that the santee were never a band from the southeast and that the sioux could have never existed in any other place but out west. am i wrong for saying "they could have migrated" saddens my heart greatly to know that people out there still think that way. like we never could have been anywhere else but tge dakoras . interesting though . perhaps there never was a.westward expansion from. the southeastern states aside from that a hello would have sufficed.

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 04:07:05 am »
I know my people history we traveled from South American about 11000 years ago; we traveled along the coast of the gulf of what is now called Mexico
then to Texas and finally up the Mississippi River all the way to Michigan were we know to be around 1200 then we moved west, so no we were not in the
Dakotas at that time. We were not split up into three nation at that time, as our Nation and Bands developed we formed the names of our bands.
The "Isanti" or as white people say "Santee" is the Mother Nation that the Lakota and Nakota which broke off from we know around 1400s, It was at this time out nation
had the three names name Isanti and Tetonwana, and Ihunktonwan. I know our stories of my people and we don't have a story that says we were ever on the east coast.

When i first heard of the stories of us coming from the east coast i started wondering because there was people who claimed to be Blackfeet Lakota on the east coast but i know that
the black feet did not break off from the Oglala until 1600s and moved north from Nebraska. So if they did not exist before 1600s how could anyone be from them on the east coast.
Now for this is called Santee tribe in the east if it was real why would they go by a french word and not our own language so many questions.
In Spirit