Author Topic: El canto del origen  (Read 2971 times)

Offline tiago2010

El canto del origen
« on: July 04, 2010, 01:36:23 am »
Meeting from native representatives from Colombia, and Lakota representative from "Nortamerica"

http://www.clubinformacion.com/acto.jsp?pIdActo=1789

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Re: El canto del origen
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 03:11:41 pm »
The Lakota rep is actually Zev Weinberg, who says he's adopted into a Lakota family. It's rather strange, since he's mostly involved in sending these Colombian Indians to Europe, where they discuss issues facing Colombia's Indians and call for support. I couldn't find out much else about Weinberg since his name is extremely common. Most of the sites I found mention the name as part of a long line of identically named Jewish rabbis.

Offline tiago2010

Re: El canto del origen
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 03:51:24 am »
uhm, neither do i know much about this zev... but about the mamo's (colombian native seers from the sierra madre in los andes, colombia) it seems they are having a tuff resistance to maintain their communities away from the state of colombia & the guerrilla, many of their people have been murdered in the sierra, because of political issues with the lands and with the "magic resistance" related with guerrilla. Something similar to what the mapuches from the south of chile in temuco are living