Author Topic: Mayans Say World WONT End in 2012  (Read 62101 times)

Offline star777

Re: Mayans Say World WONT End in 2012
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2010, 04:37:04 am »
It is the same circus here of courses and 'information' evenings about this stuff.

As usual those peddling new age rubbish are telling people to cop out of self-determination and throw their hands up because of the Apocalypse (of the moment)....it always comes back to people giving up their right to determine the path of their own lives to higher powers and forces. In my opinion, christianity encourages and breeds this kind of learned helplessness and then leaves people vulnerable to idiots selling courses once they drop out of the mainstream cults (i.e. churches and other organised religion) etc. The number of times I've heard people talk about 'where they're going to be when the shift happens...it's all so dismal....everyone wants a shift or a change but what are they actually DOING about it?? Nope, instead let's just wait passively for the Mayans to come back in their Merkabah light veichles to save us all............ ???

apukjij

« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2010, 04:30:24 pm »
people think this mayan crap is not harmful, well i beg to differ. i happened to hear my little cousin and his friends talking about what they are going to do when the world ends in 2K12, there were confident but fearful, a Pipe Carrier here in Eskasoni has related to me that he is hearing other children are very afraid of all this. it has contaminated the consciousness of our people...

Offline amorYcohetes

« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2010, 04:38:50 pm »
Apukjij, you might point them to scholarship on the meaning of the Mayan calendar cycles done by academics who are themselves Maya.  Some of the posters in a similar thread under Research Needed had mentioned resources.  Here is my post which had a link to a book that might be of interest.

Offline Robin

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2010, 04:12:37 pm »
I'm probably going to be doing the same thing as many Mayans will be doing when their calendar runs out...I'll get a new calendar.
All you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be.

Offline Peasant

« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2010, 12:50:54 pm »
What another Mayan priest has to say about the 2012 hoax:

Many have begun to take seriously the "prediction" that the world will implode within the next two years. But according to Mayan Elder Grandfather Don Alejandro Cirilo, all we need to fear about December 21, 2012 is a slight chance of cloud cover, and "heart attacks caused by too much thinking".
http://www.ipsterraviva.net/UN/currentNew.aspx?new=8267

He says we may still have 40 or 50 years to go before the 5th world begins. What? I can almost hear the silent groans coming from the chat board. Wandering Wolf repeats that we may have another 40-50 years to go. He has just told us that 2012 has nothing to do with the Gregorian calendar and therefore we are waiting for something that is not coming, at least not so soon as some people expect.
http://jlnavarro.blogspot.com/2010/08/wandering-wolfs-esotv-webcast-message.html

Offline tecpaocelotl

• That one guy...
    • My blog
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2010, 02:29:40 pm »
What another Mayan priest has to say about the 2012 hoax:

Many have begun to take seriously the "prediction" that the world will implode within the next two years. But according to Mayan Elder Grandfather Don Alejandro Cirilo, all we need to fear about December 21, 2012 is a slight chance of cloud cover, and "heart attacks caused by too much thinking".
http://www.ipsterraviva.net/UN/currentNew.aspx?new=8267

He says we may still have 40 or 50 years to go before the 5th world begins. What? I can almost hear the silent groans coming from the chat board. Wandering Wolf repeats that we may have another 40-50 years to go. He has just told us that 2012 has nothing to do with the Gregorian calendar and therefore we are waiting for something that is not coming, at least not so soon as some people expect.
http://jlnavarro.blogspot.com/2010/08/wandering-wolfs-esotv-webcast-message.html

First article you posted has a lot of new agers as reference.

Second link, most of it has been discussed here:

http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=3042.0

Teacher

« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2010, 02:41:53 am »
At the risk of stepping on toes, I'd like to chime in here. 

In 2007 I spent a bit of time in Mexico -- primarily with my friends' family in Cuernavaca, but did a lot of traveling throughout.   I met some Mayan people and asked them about the 2012 calendar story.  They chuckled and said that calendars cannot be made without the calendar makers.  As the Spaniards killed most off, there weren't more calendars to make.  They believed that that time would be one of renewal and a new era for THEM not the whole planet.  They also thought that people were nuts for believing that their story had anything to do with everyone else.  Now, were they just saying that to make me feel better?  I don't know, but it was a fun story and it was really cool meeting them.   :)

Offline aya

« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2012, 07:25:28 am »
I learned from the Mayan culture everything that is available, and the Maya NEVER said the world would end, they always said that the cycle of time would end. And their understanding of time and ours is ... not comparable.
So the "end of the world" stuff is inherently wrong

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2012, 06:16:19 pm »
The Russian govt issued a statement because so many Russians believe the 2012 nonsense.

-----
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/03/russia-mayan-doomsday_n_2233342.html?utm_hp_ref=world--

If you're growing increasingly worried the Mayan doomsday is approaching, you're not alone -- and you've likely got a Russian comrade suffering from the same fears.

The New York Times reports the end-of-the-world-anxiety has Russians so tightly in its grip that the Russian government felt the need to address the situation.

According to the Times' report, Russia's minister of emergency situations Vladimir Puchkov reassured the country's citizens on Friday he is sure the world will not end in December and that "he had access to methods of monitoring what is occurring on the planet Earth.”

Pushkov did admit, however, that "Russians were still vulnerable to blizzards, ice storms, tornadoes, floods, trouble with transportation and food supply, breakdowns in heat, electricity and water supply," the Times added.

Dec. 21, 2012 marks the end of the Mayan calendar, and some doomsday believers predict the world will come to a calamitous end that day.

SPACE.com explains:

These fears are based on misinterpretations of the Mayan calendar. On the 21st, the date of the winter solstice, a calendar cycle called the 13th b'ak'tun comes to an end. Although Maya scholars agree that the ancient Maya would not have seen this day as apocalyptic, rumors have spread that a cosmic event may end life on Earth on that day.

Although scientists have tried hard to counter the apocalyptic predictions, thousands of people across Russia are preparing for the worst. According to Russia Today, some have stocked their back rooms and balconies with food, fuel and other supplies, while others have decided to move away from large cities.

The website even reports a Siberian company has decided to seize the moment by selling end-of-the-world-survival kits, which include medication, heart medicine, soap, candles and matches, vodka, a can of fish, a pack of buckwheat, a bottle of vodka, a notepad and pencil, a game of cards and a rope. While the company has already sold more than 1,000 kits, it emphasized that its product is to be taken "with a pinch of salt," RT.com writes.

« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2012, 04:55:07 am »
http://intercontinentalcry.org/maya-banned-from-performing-ceremonies-at-ancestral-temples-in-mexico/

Mexican authorities have banned Maya spiritual leaders from performing ceremonies at their ancestral temples, which are about to be overrun by a curious assortment of conspiracy theorists, dooms-dayers, new-agers and well-intentioned tourists who just want to be apart of the festivities.

The Ceremonies are meant to mark the end of the Maya long-count calendar, which began 13 Baktun (cycles) ago. Under the Greco-Roman Calender, that's about 3112 BC.

Contrary to popular (mis)belief, the end of the long-count calendar is being viewed as something positive. As Mayan priest Jose Manrique Esquive recently pointed out, the current Baktun, which began around 1618, has been drenched by a continuous reign of misery that included the introduction of European disease, culture and language being erased and entire populations being extinguished.

"This is the ending of an era for the Maya, an era which has been very intense for us, in which we have had suffering and pain," said Manrique Esquivel, adding "we are praying the wars, the conflicts, the hunger to end."

Despite their intentions, the government is refusing to let any Maya traditional perform their ceremonies inside Chichen Itza, Coban, Tulum and other sites that their ancestors built.

"We would like to do these ceremonies in the archaeological sites, but unfortunately they won't let us enter," continued Manrique Esquivel. "It makes us angry, but that's the way it is ... we perform our rituals in patios, in fields, in vacant lots, wherever we can."

The press director for the government's National Institute of Anthropology and History claims there are two reasons for the ban: "In part it is for visitor safety, and also for preservation of the sites, especially on dates when there are massive numbers of visitors... Many of the groups that want to hold ceremonies bring braziers and want to burn incense, and that simply isn't allowed."

Of course that's just the excuse. The government would much rather keep the Maya on the sidelines since they are orchestrating a massive commercial spectacle for tens of thousands of people, many of whom are are clinging to delusional hopes and irrational fears about what's going to happen at the end of 13 Baktun--December 21, 2012.

However, the Maya are still going to be allowed to visit the sites along with the tourists, but they will likely have to pay to get in, just like everyone else.

Meanwhile, as the Maya proceed with their ceremonies, shops in a Siberian city continue to sell Apocalypse kits; Beijing residents are stocking up on crackers, bottled water, and life preservers; in southwest France, the town of Bugarch prepares for a possible deluge of visitors who believe that a mountain could save them from the end of the world; and all the big corporate media services happily continue to spread the mania--all of which stems from little more than basic ignorance toward Indigenous perceptions and realities.
press the little black on silver arrow Music, 1) Bob Pietkivitch Buddha Feet http://www.4shared.com/file/114179563/3697e436/BuddhaFeet.html

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2012, 08:51:42 pm »
Anyone familiar with the people in this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdsD-nm33k0&feature=player_embedded

The woman, Lydia Trauttenberg, is involved in the Crystal Skull Scam  http://www.crystalskulls.com/crystal-skull-events.html 
The Guatemalan man has been referred to as Tata Apolinario.  He may be involved in some kind of upcoming conference about 2012. He is being represented as a carrier of the prophecies. The video was made in Europe.
I think this is also him: Tata Apolinario Chile Pixtun http://www.meetup.com/Austin-Life-Changed-Energy-Alternative-Healing/events/65959672/

There is discussion about this happening on this Neopagan blog: http://wildhunt.org/2012/12/as-tourists-stream-in-mayan-leaders-barred-from-sacred-sites.html

Photos: http://www.whoisjoshuashapiro.com/crystalskullevents/Festival_Photos1.html

I was wondering if this guy is a curandero, which would make the money issues less clear. But the above link shows they are going to Europe to lead "Mayan Fire Ceremonies."
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 10:07:38 pm by Kathryn »

Epiphany

« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2012, 05:08:47 am »
Some leads on Apolinario Chile Pixtun

OmeAkaEhekatl Erick Gonzalez was born in Guatemala and moved to the U.S. with his parents when he was 11 years old. In 1978 he was adopted by the Mexiko Teotlkalli Kalpull Koatlkalko and the teacher Tlakaelel and given the name OmeAkaEhekatl in 1978. He was made an Aj Q’ij (Mayan Spiritual Guide and Daykeeper) in 1994 with the Great Confederation of AjQ’ijab of the Original Peoples of Guatemala and received his bundle through the teacher Apolinario Chile Pixtun
http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=3420.msg30830#msg30830

Article from October 2009:

Apolinario Chile Pixtun is tired of being bombarded with frantic questions about the Mayan calendar supposedly "running out" on Dec. 21, 2012. After all, it's not the end of the world.

Or is it?

Definitely not, the Mayan elder insists. "I came back from England last year and, man, they had me fed up with this stuff."
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33261483/ns/technology_and_science-science/t/even-maya-are-getting-sick-hype/#.UMLIw3ewWSo

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2012, 06:37:59 am »
One of the non-Native people posted on The Wild Hunt thread that: "Tata Apolinario, the elder in the video, is hosting a gathering of indigenous people from all over the Americas, both north and south, sponsored by the Mayan confederation."

Since none of us had heard of him or this gathering, we made some inquiries among the usual networks today. We checked in with some of the Indigenous traditional spiritual leaders who are most often invited to legitimate interfaith events. So far no one has heard of him, or this conference.

Offline moreinfo

« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2012, 05:52:20 pm »
here is apolinario listed as to speak at one of erick gonzalez' events at a place he calls deer mtn in northern california

this is just one of many events where apolinario is listed to speak at erick gonzalez' personal  events where there is always a fee to for participants to attend

http://archive.constantcontact.com/fs094/1101842477796/archive/1105256702205.html

when a person researches how spiritual frauds run their profit motivated business' , it is interesting that a pattern appears on how they are connected and intertwined to make themselves look legit to the unsuspecting public.

also interesting is how they have used and piggybacked real spiritual/ceremonial peoples names in their advertisements as possible attendees to their events

some spiritual frauds also advertise for their business using photos from real events with real ceremonial/spiritual people that have attended to help make themselves look legit to help to lure people to attend their own events,

Offline Pono Aloha

« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2012, 09:28:38 pm »
also interesting is how they have used and piggybacked real spiritual/ceremonial peoples names in their advertisements as possible attendees to their events

We recently found a website of a person teaching the fake "Hawaiian spirituality" of Huna advertising the participation of a respected Hawaiian teacher. When the Hawaiian was contacted, he had no idea he was listed and was not in fact teaching. We also found a picture of this Hawaiian on the website that had been taken with the Huna teacher when the Huna person had met him. It is for this reason our native teachers need to be extremely careful of who takes their pictures. We also learned that this Huna teacher often advertises that various Hawaiians are participating in his workshops, then after everyone is there having paid their money, they are told that at the last minute the Hawaiian couldn't come. We have a word for this - hewa! Wrong!