Author Topic: Yet more would be Kentucky Cherokee tribes  (Read 4891 times)

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Yet more would be Kentucky Cherokee tribes
« on: October 29, 2005, 03:15:49 am »
http://usu.freeservers.com/
"USU AWOHALI USUGALV INI STIYINEYA  
   O'siyo Oginallii
Degaya Daniliga
Greetings my friends, I welcome you.
My name is Usu Awhohali Usugalv ini Stiyineya.
that means "Night the Eagle his claw holding fast".
I am Cherokee. I follow the ancient eastern traditions of my people.
I serve as Danawa Uku (War Chief) and leader of our warriors.
My people are the Unole Nunohi Tsalagi.
that is the Wind River Cherokee of Kentucky....
Contrary to what history books have indicated in past, there have been cherokees living in the blackhills region of Kentucky for ages.
Our tribal lands, the valley we hold as being sacred is in this area the nearest community to it would be Barbourville KY.
There we can live freely as the Cherokee that we are. We can go about our day in a traditional fashion and walk with our ancestors who have
lived there before us."

And the second one:
http://tawodidvga.tripod.com/
"'Siyo and welcome to the Official website of the Eastern Kentucky Chickamauga Cherokee Bird Clan. I am Tawodi Dvga (Soaring Hawk) Clan Chief, and the 7th Great Grandson of Chief Dragginf Canoe(Chickamauga Cherokee) and the 7th Great Grandson of Chief Billy Bow Legs (Creek). We hope you will continually come back to our Lodge, for you are always welcome here.
We are mixed blood Tsalagi (Cherokee) whose decendants either escaped the removal by the whites known as the trail of tears, or our families sought refuge in the hills and mountains of the Great Smokey Mountains and as well as in Tennessee, Kentucky, Georgia, Alabama, and as far South as Louisianna and Florida.
Our Clan is not Federally recognized, nor do we wish to be so the requirements to obtain a CDIB (Certificate Degree of Indian Blood) is not a requirement to be a member of the Bird Clan, However, one must possess Cherokee Blood and be able to prove this through death and or birth records, as well as tracing ones roots back to one of the original Rolls (Such as Baker Roll, Guion Miller Roll, etc).
Those wishing to join our clan can obtain an enrollment application. Email us at joshuasoaringhawk@yahoo.com"

Some seem to be members of several "tribes" and crosslink to each other.

Third one:
http://members.fortunecity.com/littleredwolf/littleredwolf.html

This last one at least looks to be trying to go about things like petitioning the feds about issues.

Offline ironhead

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Yet more would be Kentucky Cherokee tribes
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2005, 12:02:58 am »
Greetings friends;
So, what does the administration here think about this matter? Are these fakes, to be declared as such, or, is this stuff still under investigation.

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Re: Yet more would be Kentucky Cherokee tribes
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2005, 11:55:35 pm »
I think the first and third groups seem to be largely harmless people with distant ancestry who don't know any better. The second has some links to questionable groups like the Red Nation, but they could be naive as well. But I don't know enough to say for sure. That's why I put them up here, to see if anyone else knows about them or what they claim. Vance posted a reply about them on his group, I'll ask him if I can repost it here.