General > Research Needed

Grace Sanctuary

<< < (2/6) > >>

debbieredbear:
The poster with the child is on this year's poster. And it looks like they are trying to make this look like an ndn sundance instead of a twinkie dance.

used2bnaf:
this is the 16th year of their Sun Dance.  The poster is a circle of all previous posters (including the one spoken of) encirlcing Leonard Crow Dog and Joanne. That pic was taken at the very first Sun Dance held there.

There was some discussion of what to do after this years dance.  The decision is to continue...though honestly I watched this Dance get smaller year by year.  Eventually it may be absorbed by one of the other Sun Dances in Texas or Oklahoma.

Used2bNAF

used2bnaf:
Hi all.  This is this years poster for Lone Star Sundance.  I post here every year.  I pray every year, that people will see how cultural appropriation is wrong, and how it harms people...including themselves.

www.gracesanctuary.com

Thanks for being here.

used2bnaf

earthw7:
i just don't understand why they do this ???

used2bnaf:
earthw7-

I am sure your question is rhetorical.  And I certainly cannot provide certain answers for every situation.  When I encountered ceremony (of this type), I was very sad, lonely, and spiritually starved.  The group filled many needs I had. ( Or so I thought.)  I think many of these people have very good intentions. ( I am speaking specifically of this group.)  However, good intentions pave the way to hell sometimes.  I am very grateful that I am out and no longer participate.  I actively hope that others will realize the same things and leave too, but I cannot make them.  I can pray though.

Used2bNaf

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version