General > Research Needed

Grace Sanctuary

(1/6) > >>

used2bnaf:
This is the webstie for the Lone Star Sun Dance.  They have been having a dance here for more than a decade.  There are several links to chat groups, suggested reading, their annual poster (has names of chiefs) and directions to their ceremonial land.

This years poster shows a caucasian child praying with a cannupa at the base of a cottonwood tree.  There is a known association with Leonard Crowdog, Marvin Swallow, Quincy Yazzie, Melvin _____?  All are natives.  However Mary Thunder is involved here too.  The dance has about 100 dancers.

www.gracesanctuary.com

Check it out.

used2bnaf:
Interesting update.
A couple of weeks ago, I got the third degree about this post.  The person bugging me is the main medical person at the Lone Star Sundance.  It got pretty nasty on her end of the messaging.  She accused me of posting the child's name on this website, that is in the 2012 LSSD poster.  I assured her I did not and would not. (Though the child's name is on the poster and several others already on the internet.)  I went to the site today to see if there was an updated poster for this year.  Last year's has been removed. 

The child in the photograph is over 18 and in college now.  I don't know the reasons as to why.  Guilty conscience or self protection... There are other posters on the site.  Each lists the "chiefs" and sponsors.

I don't know if each individual on the posters need a thread or not.  Some individuals already do.  I am open to suggestions.

used2bnaf

used2bnaf:
This year's LSSD poster for 2013.

Epiphany:
Looks like they don't have the 2012 poster on their own site now http://www.gracesanctuary.com/Posters.html , but it can be found online, someone has it on their Pinterest site, meaning anyone else could grab it.

I don't understand their choice to have a child on that poster.

used2bnaf:
Yea, they took it down.  The girl in the photo is now an adult and going to an Ivy League school.  Her parents (both non NDN) are prominent Ceremony Leaders for this community.  I do believe that they took it down due to me pointing it out publicly to people here.

I know they all mean well....
They aren't helping anybody really.  My assumption is that most involved here have not been moved to the Fraud section because they keep a low profile and ask for donations only.  Well, except for Phillip Scott.  Truly their internet prescence is very low key.  It is mainly by word of mouth that one encounters them except through the grace sanctuary website, which is really just a place for the LSSD dates.  Nobody does anything with it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version