General > Frauds

Yamassee Nation of Allendale SC/Yamasee Indian Tribe of Seminoles

<< < (2/10) > >>

Cat:
Al, I did point her to the BIA website to see for herself, it seems she did not want to hear anything I had to say, sadly.
I had hoped to reach her but she refused to believe me, at that point all I could do was come here to post about the group and what they are doing.

There are so many groups like this out there that is is unsettling and a lot of naive people being taken advantage of.

Defend the Sacred:

--- Quote from: educatedindian on May 27, 2012, 01:42:08 pm ---I'm trying to remember which of the links I saw it at...I think one of them claimed they had 300 or so members. X54 that's over 16,200 bucks they've scammed.
--- End quote ---

The person who tried to rewrite the real Wikpedia article (about the real Yamasee) to make it about their heritage club inserted the population figure of 333. As the real article is about the people who were absorbed into other tribes and ceased to exist as a unique culture or language group, this attempt to hijack the article was reverted by people who know the actual history.

Defend the Sacred:
In reading through the materials put out by this group and the Nuwaubians, I have to concur that this "Yamassee Nation" group, and Elwin Gillum's group (http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=3672.0), are probably connected to the Nuwaubians in some way, whether as colleagues, fronts or splinter groups. Some of the materials for all three (or four) groups read like they were written by the same person. It's not just the similar content, lingo and agenda; some of the stylistic quirks (hand) are the same. This could be explained by schisms and plagiarism, or it could point to the same hand or hands behind them all.

Some of the researchers talking about these groups on Wikipedia have noticed these overlaps as well. When one of them asked a member of this new "Yamassee Nation" if they were connected to the Nuwaubians, the YN member vehemently denied it and said, by asking the question, the person was trying to slander them.

Searching the forum will bring up many threads on the Nuwaubians. Here are two:

United Nuwaubian Nation of Moors: Georgia Sect Dwindles With Leader Jailed  http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=19.0   
Former Nuwaubian Writes Expose  http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=432.0

tribalbyheart:

--- Quote from: Cat on May 26, 2012, 04:37:54 pm ---http://www.yamasseenation.org
There was a woman posting on a thread on FB about how she now has a CARD and everyone can kiss her ass. Stating things like the Muskogee are from Virginia and Florida. The more she wrote the stranger it got.

This site is a bad deal. They are not Federally Recognized. They say they are Federally "acknowledged" because they have had correspondence with the Gov. HUH?

http://www.yamasseenation.org/content/view/67/32/

In order to (pay) get a card with them all you need is a signed affidavit stating that you have an ancestor somewhere in your family.

http://www.yamasseenation.org/content/view/25/42/

I tried to talk to the woman and tell her she was being fleeced but she did not want to hear one bit about it and said I was a BQ nazi.

--- End quote ---

My Question, which is confusing is as I read your statements, you said there was women posting! So YOU Did not Know her and If not, why would you take such an Interest in her posting? But at looking at the Post you put up shows that you do know her or she YOU, as the conversation shows, personal comments as a dialogue of previous conversation!
Makes me say hmmmm....

Secondly her paying for her tribal card, was a problem because? YOU  Yourself are you apart of a Tribe? And IF SO, is that is not what your Tribe do? Or are you a part of the B.I.A. and a Authority on this matter?
I am just boggled by your CONCERN and Interest!
I am curious to OBVIOUS discontent, for her happiness to be apart of her Tribe!

I have contacted several Tribes that are LEGITIMATE , And they say the Yamassee People according to historical records are their ancient family and were black. There are also 100's of Books, that prove that statement to be true in Google books, that COULD NOT HAVE BEEN PUT OUT BY THESE PEOPLE TO SUPPORT THEIR CLAIM. As you yourself after research also is BLACK from your Facebook picture!

I also went to their site and saw their attempt to put out a Official statement, saying they are not tied to anyone, like the Nuwaubians or that Sanders Guy whom has by the way put up another site, trying to steal their name, to promote his own agenda http://www.yamasseenation.com and another TAX scheme with his track record.

Also there seems to be an oversite , because these people make claim to be of Miccosuki, as their chief is related to Sam Jones of the Seminole war, and has census documents online as Proof, which has not been denied by the Seminole, and actually confirmed on the www.semtribe.com / faq page, if you can piece the puzzle together.

What i have seen on these type blogs is in accurate obvious and blatant discontent for anything associated with Yamassee, every since Dwight York a.k.a Malachi said he was Yamassee,and even he added MOORS to his title, which would allow you to know where his point of view is from. And given the fact of congressional records, which can not be falsified, Proves as FACT and Stated as FACTS these people were african and or negro however you would like to describe them.

As to their Right to charge for petition $54 which is nothing compared to what these other FAKE UCC groups are charging Like AT-SIK-HATA, and Black Hawk etc... which charges people up to $250 to $500, i think is fair being they get NO assistance from the government.

Also 300 x $54 is $16,200 (OOOOOH So MUCH MONEY ) A family of Four better yet a Family of One person can hardly survive off that, in today's economy, so that statement is So bias, and Truly Shows anyone reading you have a hard on for this Group of people, and Obviously BIAS. Did they Decline your Petition to Join? because your claim to Ripping people Off is hardly Valid, given my statements above.

AND THE more I investigated these people, they are the Only Ones, holding Public POW WOWS, Dressed in Regalia, With a real Language not Arabic, and have taken the Time to at least put in place Child Welfare laws etc....
NOW Someone like you would tear down the attempt of "Black" people finally trying to do what is right, (SMH).

And build up a Momentum, against them with BAD Information and a One sided view!

Oh yeah by the way the Key they received was not From Charleston, it was from Allendale. Either someone can not read, or Tried to tell a lie, very slickly, as I went to their post, and it was Clearly Allendale.

I am very Concerned for this world, with people whom attack others like this, where is the Fraud,as I see NONE. By the Way Catherine CAT Carnes, read the Declaration of Indigenous Rights, and how they have the ability to create a Economy, and self govern, without people like you trying to take that ability away against all NDN. (F.Y.I. they did something no one else of these BLACK ORGS have find it here :http://www.bia.gov/cs/groups/xofa/documents/text/idc013623.pdf   :-\

educatedindian:

--- Quote from: tribalbyheart on June 06, 2012, 11:57:11 am ---
My Question, which is confusing is as I read your statements, you said there was women posting! So YOU Did not Know her and If not, why would you take such an Interest in her posting? But at looking at the Post you put up shows that you do know her or she YOU, as the conversation shows, personal comments as a dialogue of previous conversation!
Makes me say hmmmm....

1) Secondly her paying for her tribal card, was a problem because? YOU  Yourself are you apart of a Tribe? And IF SO, is that is not what your Tribe do? Or are you a part of the B.I.A. and a Authority on this matter?
I am just boggled by your CONCERN and Interest!
I am curious to OBVIOUS discontent, for her happiness to be apart of her Tribe!

2) I have contacted several Tribes that are LEGITIMATE , And they say the Yamassee People according to historical records are their ancient family and were black. There are also 100's of Books, that prove that statement to be true in Google books, that COULD NOT HAVE BEEN PUT OUT BY THESE PEOPLE TO SUPPORT THEIR CLAIM. As you yourself after research also is BLACK from your Facebook picture!

3) I also went to their site and saw their attempt to put out a Official statement, saying they are not tied to anyone, like the Nuwaubians or that Sanders Guy whom has by the way put up another site, trying to steal their name, to promote his own agenda http://www.yamasseenation.com and another TAX scheme with his track record.

4) Also there seems to be an oversite , because these people make claim to be of Miccosuki, as their chief is related to Sam Jones of the Seminole war, and has census documents online as Proof, which has not been denied by the Seminole, and actually confirmed on the www.semtribe.com / faq page, if you can piece the puzzle together.

5) What i have seen on these type blogs is in accurate obvious and blatant discontent for anything associated with Yamassee, every since Dwight York a.k.a Malachi said he was Yamassee,and even he added MOORS to his title, which would allow you to know where his point of view is from. And given the fact of congressional records, which can not be falsified, Proves as FACT and Stated as FACTS these people were african and or negro however you would like to describe them.

6) As to their Right to charge for petition $54 which is nothing compared to what these other FAKE UCC groups are charging Like AT-SIK-HATA, and Black Hawk etc... which charges people up to $250 to $500, i think is fair being they get NO assistance from the government.

Also 300 x $54 is $16,200 (OOOOOH So MUCH MONEY ) A family of Four better yet a Family of One person can hardly survive off that, in today's economy, so that statement is So bias, and Truly Shows anyone reading you have a hard on for this Group of people, and Obviously BIAS. Did they Decline your Petition to Join? because your claim to Ripping people Off is hardly Valid, given my statements above.

7) AND THE more I investigated these people, they are the Only Ones, holding Public POW WOWS, Dressed in Regalia, With a real Language not Arabic, and have taken the Time to at least put in place Child Welfare laws etc....
NOW Someone like you would tear down the attempt of "Black" people finally trying to do what is right, (SMH).

And build up a Momentum, against them with BAD Information and a One sided view!

Oh yeah by the way the Key they received was not From Charleston, it was from Allendale. Either someone can not read, or Tried to tell a lie, very slickly, as I went to their post, and it was Clearly Allendale.

8 ) I am very Concerned for this world, with people whom attack others like this, where is the Fraud,as I see NONE. By the Way Catherine CAT Carnes, read the Declaration of Indigenous Rights, and how they have the ability to create a Economy, and self govern, without people like you trying to take that ability away against all NDN. (F.Y.I. they did something no one else of these BLACK ORGS have find it here :http://www.bia.gov/cs/groups/xofa/documents/text/idc013623.pdf   :-\

--- End quote ---

TBH refers to herself as a Yamassee ambassador.

TBH, I'm not Cat, but I'd like to respond.

I'm honestly glad you came here, and hope you can help us clear some things up.

I added numbers in to your post so it will be clearer what I'm referring to.

1) Paying for a "tribal" card is a problem because only frauds do that. That cheats people who are or believe they are Native, but don't know enough about the culture to realize that no actual Native tribe does that.

If you had bothered to read Who We Are, you would see we are Native people and our supporters who are concerned about fraudulent groups or individuals passing themselves off as Native healers, leaders, or tribes.

Several members are in tribal leadership, but most of us are just ordinary concerned people trying to do what is right and keep peoppe from being harmed, no different than helping people in need any other way.

2) Which tribes did you contact? Which books back up what you or the "Yamassee" say? I honestly would like to know.

3) Sanders is someone I definitely think we shoud investigate, and expose him if he is harming people. What can you tell us about him?

4) I did not see the docs you're referring to on the Seminole page that suppor what you say. Just the opposite, that page doesn't mention Yamassee, and says most Black Seminoles left for OK, and says people with distance ancestry can't be part of the tribe.

5) This is not a blog. It is a forum, made up of people who know their cultures. It also includes activists and academic researchers like myself.
There are some Native tribes with people of mixed Black/Native ancestry, including the Seminole. Any Yamassee likely became part of the Seminole 200 years ago.

6) At Sik Hata and Black Hawk both sound like people we should also investigate. Please tell us what you know.

7) Why do so many members of your group have Arabic, Muslim, or Egyptian names then?

8 ) That doc is a list of groups that petitioned the BIA to be recognized, or filed an intent to.
It says the Yamassee are based in FL, not LA. Which is it?
How is it that a group claiming to be a tribe does not have a land base? How is it that they have officials scattered across the country?

Again, glad you are here, and hope you can answer these questions. I especially hope you can help us investigate those other groups that look to be harmful.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version