Author Topic: David Little Elk is a Spiritual Advisor ?  (Read 12633 times)

Offline ladybug

David Little Elk is a Spiritual Advisor ?
« on: December 14, 2009, 04:00:54 pm »
here  a lakota selling  the lakota way
WICOH'AN OTEHIKE: The Difficult Path
David Little Elk is a Spiritual Advisor and Consultant. He gives seminars on Lakota Spirituality, and has written a Lakota Spirituality & Culture book titled "WICOH'AN OTEHIKE - the difficult way". This book contains an account of Lakota Creation and also includes Lakota Star Knowledge stories, as well as other information that provides the foundation for Lakota Spirituality, Wisdom, Thought & Philosophy. This book is used by other Lakota Language & Culture teachers in many other tribal schools and universities. He is a member of the Cheyenne River Lakota Sioux Tribe in South Dakota, USA, and is a certified Lakota Language & Culture Teacher.

The collection of writings in this book "WICOH'AN OTEHIKE" was originally written for his family. However, upon becoming a Lakota Language & Culture teacher, his students became like a part of his extended family. Thus, he began to share these teachings with his students, as well. "WICOH'AN OTEHIKE" has resulted into something akin to a doorway leading to home for many people.

The Lakol Wicoh'an (our beautiful way of life) develops contentedness by the taking care of one's total self: heart, mind, body & soul. The Lakol Wicoh'an is also about living an active life and surviving, in a healthy manner. "Lakol Wicoh'an kin lila waste na lila tewahila, k'eyas le wicoh'an kin lila otehike." This means, "The Lakota Ways are very beautiful and I really love them; however, these ways are difficult." The reason for this is because the Lakol Wicoh'an is the key to existence. Hence, the title of this book, "WICOH'AN OTEHIKE", which means "the difficult path".

Some of the topics of this book include: The Complete Version of the Lakota Creation Story, Lakota Star Knowledge Stories and Prophecies, Lakota Ceremonies, The Sacred White Buffalo Calf Pipe, Dreams & Visions, The Soul Journey, Prayer, Energy Into Matter, Lakota Parenting, Lakota Virtues, the Four Ages, The Four Hardships, The Four Emotions, The Seventh Direction, Medicine Wheels, The Roles Of Eagles - Bears - Elks in Lakota Spirituality, Mother Earth Cleansing, Warrior Socities, Plants and Sounds, Tiospaye (The Lakota Family System), The First Pow-Wow, The Rites of Passage, The Cycles of Women & Men, Courting, Love, Intimacy, Relationships, Sexuality, Marriage, Reincarnation, Astrology, Prayer, Medicine People, Holy People, and many, many, many other topics.
18.20: Lakota Spirituality Seminar in Schwyz, Switzerland. For more information, please contact Renate Beeler at rebesz@bluewin.ch
This book is priced at $139.00 for Airmail or $119.00 for Surface Mail. These prices include the shipping and handling fees. Orders sent via Surface Mail usually take at least 4 to 6 weeks to arrive to you, if you live in North America. david@malakota.com

To order this book using Paypal, you can send your $139.00 (Airmail) or $119.00 (Surface mail
Lakota Spirituality Seminar at the Isle of Man. For more information, please contact Avril Muller at avrilmuller@manx.net
DAVID LITTLE ELK
For information concerning David's Lakota language classes and spirituality seminars in general, please contact David at david@malakota.com
MaLakota - I am Lakota - David Little Elk 
Lakota language, Lakota wisdom, Lakota culture, Lakota philosophy and Lakota spirituality are all taught here by David Little Elk who is a certified Lakota teacher ...
www.studymed.de
HE SELLING THE LAKOTA OUT?

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Re: David Little Elk is a Spiritual Advisor ?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 11:02:42 pm »
His site in English. He's clearly a selling how to do ceremony guidebooks and workshops over in Europe as well as being a "spiritual consultant" for 60-75 an hour.
http://www.malakota.com/

Very conveniently, once he lived in Europe he claims he had a vision to teach over there. Sad, because apparently he once did quite good work as a language teacher.

I'd like to hear from our Lakota members. Is there any reason not to move him to Frauds?

Offline Ingeborg

• Friends
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 02:25:47 pm »

Some more info on David Little Elk:

He began to make appearances at Nuage congresses, like e.g. this one on „Spirituality and World Peace“ in Germany in 2007:

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:EpRs0mf27lUJ:www.indianer-wigwam.de/wf_22.pdf+%22david+little+elk%22&hl=de&gl=de&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESi5MgSmhZZMNEayjjOP61brk3Jc0V8yPUi57-CV52D0bpyUNJr5gZFOc7A8PBhbFyiw98B6DIFt6KVVX6Pc2u6GB9jtLsB1FG4Dp5AtEXjX1vrZUKuM3szkY2OM9QE0U5zDt_Bc&sig=AHIEtbR05MY3UJfcDpSVaXkWbWmX4EUiPg

Tickets were sold at Euro 245 for admission to the four days of the event.

Little Elk also gave a song in Lakota language to a group of boyscouts going by the name of „Tatanka Oyate“ (buffalo people):

http://www.pfadfinder-treffpunkt.de/include.php?path=treffpunkt/eintrag_bund_view.php&index=1912

[quote[Tribal Song:

Tatanka oyate unkeciya pelo
Iyuha wacantkeya unyuha pelo
Tatanka oyate unkeciya pelo
Tanyan wacinyanka pelo

We are the Buffalo Nation, we help everyone
We are the Buffalo Nation, we care for everyone
We are the Buffalo Nation, we help everyone
We are so happy to greet you

This song is a gift from David Little Elk and Samia[/quote]

In 2006, Little Elk made an appearance at the „Shaman Days and Healers' Meeting“ organized annually:

http://www.land-schamane.com/treffen06/index.htm

In 2009, BTW, one of the participants of the meeting was William Jervis aka Firewalker.

This is an ad for a seminar in Switzerland:

http://www.masteryinloh.ch/lakota.htm

The Lakota David Little Elk of the Cheyenne River Sioux will do a seminar on his tribal culture in the town of Rickenbach/Switzerland from June 12-14, 2009.

Price including accomodation and food from Friday, 6 p.m. to Sunday, 4 p.m.: CHF 380,00.
Day seminar Saturday, June 13 including food: CHF 200,00.

The following issues will be covered by David Little Elk:
The Race for the Black Hills
The connection between the buffaloes and the Lakotas
The turtle who wanted to fly
The Lakota concept of identity
The White-Buffalo-Calf Pipe
Lakota song and dance
Present political situation in the USA
The four directions
The medicine wheel
The four directions (song)
Lakota ceremonies
Animals as teachers

An ebay auction started as of Dec 2009:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Lakota-Sioux-Indian-Spirituality-Wisdom-Philosophy-Book_W0QQitemZ270499489789QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20091212?IMSfp=TL091212044008r27532
Lakota Sioux Indian Spirituality Wisdom Philosophy Book
Sun Dance Vision Quest Sweatlodge Lakota Ceremonies

About this book:

This book contains an account of Lakota Creation and also includes Lakota Star Knowledge stories, as well as other information that provides the foundation for Lakota Spirituality, Wisdom, Thought & Philosophy. This book is used by other Lakota Language & Culture teachers in many other tribal schools and universities.

Some of the topics of this book include: The Complete Version of the Lakota Creation Story, Lakota Star Knowledge Stories and Prophecies, Lakota Ceremonies, The Sacred White Buffalo Calf Pipe, Dreams & Visions, The Soul Journey, Medicine Wheels, The Cycles of Women & Men, Medicine People, Holy People, and many, many, many other topics.

About the Author:
My name is David Little Elk.
I am a member of the Cheyenne River Lakota Sioux Tribe in South Dakota, USA.
I am a certified Lakota Language & Culture Teacher.
I am a Spiritual Advisor and Consultant, and I give seminars on Lakota Spirituality.
I teach the Lakota language and culture from the Lakota Perspectve.
I am now living in Berlin, Germany, adding the Lakota flavor to this wonderful, multicultural and cosmopolitan city.
(Emphasis added)

http://pa-in.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=73035139307&topic=8096

As David Little Elk put it:

Taking care of our four parts establishes inner peace (intimacy), and by natural law we then project (reflect) this peace outside of our bodies into the universe around us. This is called establishing the 7th Direction. “Whatever is within us is what we project out to the world around us. Likewise, how we perceive the world around us is a reflection of our current state of being within ourselves. As we change within ourselves, we are also changing the way we perceive the world around us. Whatever we do, say, think, and feel affects the universe within us and it also affects the universe around us. Thus, everything within us is connected as we are connected to the universe around us.”

RayoDeSol

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 07:21:24 pm »
I just heard tonight, he is living in Berlin and my phone conversation partner, not involved in the eso world or such, told me, citation: "he is doing exactly that, what he shouldn't do - enriching himself off people who actually would need psychological help".
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 05:46:48 am by RayoDeSol »

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 10:41:50 am »
we know about david, it is a shame that our people lose their because of money this s why we speak out against people who take money to pray
In Spirit