Author Topic: help ..  (Read 4366 times)

Offline tachia

help ..
« on: January 31, 2007, 12:03:47 am »
does anyone know anything about these two people .. they have recently come to my attention ..
Mike Littleboy & Wallace Blackfoot, supposedly in/from PineRidge, SD .. there is a group opperating in the geaorgia/alabama area .. leaders names are Lana & Lamar (Charles) .. who cliam to have been "trained and sanctioned" by the above mentioned people .. this group is highly questionable (doing sweats etc) .. i have a friend who has brought this to me, as a good friend of his is heavily involved with this group and the mans wife is very concerned, about her husband and with the cult mentality etc ..
any info that any of you have on this would be greatly appreciated ..
wado tachia

Offline loudcrow

Re: help ..
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 06:45:16 am »
I found the following link with a reference to and picture of
Mike Littleboy:

http://www.itvs.org/homeland/lakota.html

From all acounts I have read he is an elder who lives with his family
on the Pine Ridge Reservation in South Dakota. This, naturally,
does not mean he is training and sanctioning people to do sweats.

I did not find anything on Wallace Blackfoot and am wondering
if you meant Wallace Black Elk?

Could you be a little more specific about the questionable
activities of this group and we can do further investigating.

Crow with a loud voice

Offline Cetan

• Hoka Hey
Re: help ..
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 06:32:33 pm »
I know of Mike LittleBoy and he has always been a respected elder on Pine Ridgem- but his recently came to my attention  and of course I always question a "suggested donation" which I was told should be sent ahead of time to ensure a spot.

Thunder Hawk Lodge
Presents

Lakota teacher Michael Little Boy
Of Pine Ridge Reservation in South Dakota

AGENDA

Thursday, October 23rd ~ Presentation  “Living a Prayer Life??? at Open Mind, 39 Courtland Street, Rockford, MI 49341 from 5-6:30pm (Cost $15).  Sweat Lodge (Inipi) to follow at the Thunder Hawk Lodge near Howard City at 7:30pm (tradition is to gift the ceremonial leader with tobacco (they love Marlboro reds) and a small cash donation if possible).  Everyone is welcome.  Directions will be available at the presentation, or by emailing lakota.thunder@yahoo.com in advance.  Please save your spot for the presentation by calling Open Mind at 616.863.8868 or click here, mailto:lakota.thunder@yahoo.com

Friday, October 24th ~ Yuipi Ceremony in Grand Rapids.  This is a sacred doctoring ceremony and will be preceded by a Sweat Lodge (Inipi) at the Thunder Hawk Lodge near Howard City at 7:30pm (tradition is to gift the medicine man with tobacco (they love Marlboro reds) and a small cash donation if possible).  We are asking for a donation of $35 per person for the Yuipi ceremony to help offset traveling costs for our teachers.  Please call (616) 485-0299, or email lakota.thunder@yahoo.com for more details.

Saturday, October 25th ~ Presentation  “Living a Prayer Life??? 2-5pm sponsored by West Michigan Interfaith and taking place around a sacred fire in the Medicine Wheel at Six Crows Temple, 3646 Hart Road, Twin Lake MI 49457. Traditional Native American Dinner will be served afterwards, with a Sweat Lodge (Inipi) to follow.  $35 per person includes the teaching and dinner. Email events@westmichiganinterfaith.org to register, or call Linda at 231.828.5030 for information.

Sunday, October 26th ~ Presentation “Living a Prayer Life??? at Spirit Dreams 1430 Lake Drive, Grand Rapids, MI 49506.  1-3pm (Cost $15) Please save your spot for the presentation by calling Spirit Dreams at  616.456.9889 or click here,  mailto:lakota.thunder@yahoo.com

Please make your reservations by emailing:
 lakota. thunder@yahoo.com
 OR
  call Open Mind or Spirit Dreams 

All proceeds go to help support the children and elder’s of Pine Ridge Reservation, SD