General > Frauds

Margaret Noodin, Professor

<< < (4/29) > >>

Smart Mule:
Posted by verity

Re: Margaret Noodin Ojibwe Professor
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2021, 12:23:50 am »
I wonder if she still offers "moon ceremonies".

If you are interested in attending a local moon ceremony please e-mail for more information.

https://web.archive.org/web/20100529125953/http://www.umich.edu/~ojibwe/community/ This is from a past site, email is her own.

Margaret Noori, Professor of English and American Indian Studies at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee has explained that there are no shortcuts to language learning online, but the “Community” page  of  Noongwa  (now  located  at ojibwe.net)  has  made  the connection  between  lessons  and  “tradition”  (Noori,  2011, p.13).  Designed  to  allow  fluent  speakers  and  learners  space  to express  opinions,  it  also  contains  calendars  and  prayers  that work  to weave  spirituality  into  technology,  which  Noori  likens to prayers “through a wired window.”

https://www.bcteal.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/TEAL-News-Fall-2020.pdf#page=7

Who are her parents, grand and great grands?
What is her actual heritage? Who are her people?
How can we trust her language work?
Who does peer review of her work now?
Her songs, are they truly her own or someone else's?
Does she claim she offers spiritual teachings?
Is she gate-keeping, controlling, and crowding out other voices?

Is her mother Alice Ann (Orr) O'Donnell? If so, we can work up some genealogy. If not, we can keep checking though I've hit a wall myself. But ideally Margaret Noodin would just answer questions herself.

Smart Mule:
Posted by Diana

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2021, 02:47:18 am »
I came to the same conclusion with Verity. Alice Ann Orr is Alice O'Donnell and her husband is Terrence O'Donnell. And if this is correct all her gggrand parents on her mother's side are immigrants. Poland, Germany,  England and Luxembourg.

Smart Mule:
Posted by cellophane

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2021, 02:59:37 am »
Margaret O'Donnell appears in the Chaska HS yearbook (the picture is clearly her), but ancestry finds no one born in the county with the surname O'Donnell. Adopted?

Smart Mule:
Posted by Diana

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2021, 06:09:37 am »
Alice and Terrence O'Donnell are from Chaska. I checked Margeret out on Been Verified and one of the places she had lived was Chaska MN. I'm going to say these are her parents and they're ggrand parents on both sides of the family are all immigrants. She definitely is not Indian. I'll post what I've found tomorrow.

Quote from: cellophane on April 26, 2021, 02:59:37 am

--- Quote ---Margaret O'Donnell appears in the Chaska HS yearbook (the picture is clearly her), but ancestry finds no one born in the county with the surname O'Donnell. Adopted?
--- End quote ---

Smart Mule:
Posted by verity

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2021, 03:44:31 pm »
Quote from: Diana on April 26, 2021, 02:47:18 am

--- Quote ---I came to the same conclusion with Verity. Alice Ann Orr is Alice O'Donnell and her husband is Terrence O'Donnell. And if this is correct all her gggrand parents on her mother's side are immigrants. Poland, Germany,  England and Luxembourg.
--- End quote ---

This is my working theory too.

Mother's side - Orr, Keppers, Palmer, Bernard surnames. Relatively recent Ireland, England, Germany.

Father's side Ireland, Germany. Plus Quebec, some from England and some from France.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version