Author Topic: Following those tha pay you  (Read 3248 times)

Offline Lime Tree

Following those tha pay you
« on: August 24, 2013, 03:09:13 pm »
Hello,

I have a view of why it is counteractive to charge money that I did not read on this forum.

To me it seems, that a person that has a maturity on things of the psyche, of social interactions, and that has a greater understanding than most - Well, it seems to me, that such a person would want to correct things that to the best of his/her understanding are wrong.
If you want to correct things that are wrong in a subculture, or in the world view of the culture that you are living in, hardly anyone will be glad to hear you. Hardly anyone will want to pay you.
If you are successful in selling something, then it is something that people want to have. If they want to have it for realistic reasons - like clothing - they will pay a realistic price. But if they want something not realistic - like fame, or the reassurance that they are saving the world - they will be willing to pay a non-realistic price. Like they sell their house for the Great Ideal, and donate the money.

To say the same thing in different words:
If an inspired person depends on the money, after a while he will find that he is no longer leading people or following an ideal - after a year or two he is following those that pay. And then the once-inspired person is a part of main culture - not any more a correction to main culture.

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Following those tha pay you
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 04:43:06 pm »
To say the same thing in different words:
If an inspired person depends on the money, after a while he will find that he is no longer leading people or following an ideal - after a year or two he is following those that pay. And then the once-inspired person is a part of main culture - not any more a correction to main culture.

This is exactly what happened to someone I know. She started with good intemtion and inspiration that something that helped her, could help others. She charged a nominal fee to pay for the room rental. Then she started geetting more people and more $$. She started depending on that money and adding ridiculous things to her "class". It all fell apart for her, so she will never end up on this messageboard. But what you said, is what happened to her.