Author Topic: Laura Dorn AKA Windwalker and the MCW, Wind Spirit Drum  (Read 59457 times)

Offline milehighsalute

Re: Laura Dorn AKA Windwalker and the MCW, Wind Spirit Drum
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2014, 10:07:53 pm »
first of all i would love to punch her in the mouth for her school appearance.....maybe that sounds extreme but i swear im TIRED of all these non-ndn twinkies teaching people pseudo-ndn misinformation under the guise of being ndn.......ive had it up to here....ENOUGH!!!

2nd.....i'll let earthw correct me if i am wrong as i am not lakota.....but it looks like windwalker claimed she didnt know of here indian heritage and found out later in life she was mic maq and cherokee and lenape,.....hmmmmm......how is she third generation ANYTHING?....yet on this old bio she claims she learned it from her oglala grandmother?????...I CALL BULLSHIT ON HER!!!!

lets break this down a little more

a) is there such thing as a medicine woman in lakota tribes? women practicing medicine are almost unheard of in southern tribes

b) is the "gift" passed on lineal? is it hereditary? as far as i know the only way to learn is years of study and apprenticeship

c) why would the gift be passed to her in the first place? or anyone else if they are not lakota or maybe if they are a thinblood they are not CULTURALLY lakota nor identify as lakota?

d) what the hell does tea leaf reading have to do with lakota medicine?

e) this bio claims she is passing down her matrilineal healing down to her daughter......basically filling her daughter's head with new age mumbo jumbo which i have no problem with.......but quit claiming it as ndn practices

third.....lets look at her lenape claims

a) she claims to be turkey clan chief.......do the lenape have a turkey clan? and can a woman be a chief?

b) he husband....he claims he is a lenape sundance chief........BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA when did the delaware start sundancing anyways?

fourth......her husband claims many educational accomplishments and to be a vietnam vet. all that is commendable.....but if they lied so much about their backgrounds how do we know this is even true? im not saying its not.......but we all seen this before.......i'll leave it at that

and in all his pics in videos why does he run around with just a plains style breastplate if he is lenape? someone tell that guy to put a shirt on already.....he doesnt look cool he looks stupid

and is "drumkeeper" really a title?

you guys GOTTA check out her "hey lopa" video on youtube........she is singing her made up traditional lenape rowing song, showin off her dyed hair and spray tan and navajo jewlery while rowing a canoe down a new mexico river complete with tipis and buffalo shots and then some girls come out and get knee deep in the water in cherokee style dresses and fan the water then they end with a plains style LULU.....its so dumb its entertaining............they kicked me off comments section and banned me from their fb page though lol......im sure you can guess why

on another video she says she didnt walk 50 feet into taos pueblo and was invited to look at drums and they were allowed to play them.....BWAHAHAHAHAHA i am taos pueblo.......she got treated like any other white tourist and she talked as if it legitimized her or something....and the drum shop is one of the first things you see when you walk towards the plaza from parking area

im getting more and more bitter against twinkies

Offline milehighsalute

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2014, 10:13:57 pm »
http://woodlandindians.org/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=39072 saw this awhile back......thought i would share

very last post kinda answers a question though dont ya think?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 10:18:46 pm by milehighsalute »

Epiphany

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2014, 04:41:49 pm »
Promo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEXv1xRU1Uo Such fakes. They make a big deal about being invited in a Taos Pueblo drum shop, as if that means they are special, thank you milehighsalute for cluing us in on what the facts are.

Hey Lopa http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbQj8XUowlQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tf21i3eLgQg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XKXpKeh4_8

2013 video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwV69xq6ycc Lyrics include "We are related, but we're still so segregated" "Doesn't matter the color of my skin to prove I'm an Indian" "Do my eyes have to be the color of the buffalo?" Or do I have to sleep in a tepee deep in the snow?" "Do I have to shoot the arrows in the air?" Sad that they use their daughter this way, they raise her with this, use her in videos. Pisses me off to see Laura / Windwalker complain about being "segregated". Twice in this video she does hand gestures indicating paint around the eyes and a feather behind the head.

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2014, 04:44:26 pm »
let see what is wrong with this woman story EVERYTHING!
Women do not wear war bonnets or eagle feathers
women only wear Eagle plumes
We have Medicine women but only after they has the age of 55 or older
or as they say after they start menopause.
We would like to know who was this family that suppose to have taught her
there is no tea reading in our culture.
This women is a fraud
In Spirit

Offline milehighsalute

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2014, 08:06:19 pm »
a lenape friend from oklahoma told me that HEY LOPA IS IN NO WAY A TRADITIONAL LENAPE SONG! (which they claim it is) nor has he ever heard it before watching that stupid video

Offline Diana

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2014, 08:07:09 pm »
I started to skim over that thesis, and when I saw the author thanking those people with newage phony baloney Indian names I stopped. Was this thesis published?? I hope not.

Diana

This was an undergraduate student's senior thesis, not from a master's program. Still, the most basic academic research says you need signed releases from those you interview, and she'd have the legal names of all involved.

The student, Christine Strellec, actually dissects groups like the UELN pretty well, shows them to be blustery and unconcerned with much of anything besides people with distant claims or outright pretenders trying desperately to convince themselves. UELN leaders demanded everyone address them as "honored chiefs" and constantly ranted about "lack of respect." ::) That must get tedious real quick...

Dorn actually said to Strellec over the phone prior to meeting that she feared how obvious it was she did not appear Native. Strellec wrote for several pages how defensive all these pretenders were about their appearance.

I took the time to read Strellec's thesis and I apologize for my previous comments. However, I do have issues with some of her terminology for these people. Like how she refers to them as Native Americans throughout her thesis when after just a couple of interviews it's blatantly obvious that these people are frauds with a capital F. And even though she never says so or emphatically comes to that conclusion in her thesis I believe she should have. It would have been a much better read.

Lim lemtsh,

Diana
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 02:07:45 am by Diana »

Offline milehighsalute

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2014, 09:07:39 pm »
and since we are picking our indian names from movies......can i call myself stands with a fist? or should i just call myself HORSE?

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2014, 01:45:52 am »
Fraud.

Offline WINative

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2014, 07:35:37 pm »
What a joke, her video had me laughing out loud. Her voice was bad the lyrics pretty shallow and trying to claim a defense of not looking American Indian and the "segregation" she feels. But then all she does is stereotype herself, by walking around with feathers in her hair and a buckskin outfit, and her dyed black hair and bronzer. What a joke! Nothing authentic about these two...

Offline milehighsalute

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2014, 04:31:28 pm »
why do white people believe that this is actually NDN music? NOT A SINGLE NDN would listen to this........white people, if you are interested in NDN music put down that cd by some flutemaker pseudo-superspiritual lyricist with "deep" lyrics and pick up a cd by joe tojonnie jr, cozad, southern style, northern cree, yellowbird, pawnee spotted horse, omaha white tail, black eagle, porcupine singers, rocky boy ect ect ect

thats what we listen to to get in our NDN mood when we aint listening to dance music, iron maiden or redbone (or country for all you rezzies)

as far as "deep".....most of our fun round dance songs have lyrics about love, love lost, snaggin, frybread ect ect ect

i think i speak for MOST of us when i say we would not listen to that "deep" crap

i think the most political indian related song i could stomach is the BIA song

we dont sit around crosslegged on a mesa playin the flute and being all spiritual living as one with earth.........dont get me wrong we RESPECT the earth and our ancestors and any religious or borderline religious songs are tribe specific with no message for everyone

Offline milehighsalute

« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2014, 10:37:39 pm »
Windwalker's last name is Dorn.

November 27, 2013 12:00 AM

SOMERSET — Windwalker Dorn travels all over the country with her group "Wind Spirit Drum" to share cultural awareness and education of the Native American culture.

But last Thursday, she made a special visit to the North Elementary School where she did a presentation to the kindergarten class her granddaughter is in and at an assembly for more students.

Students in the kindergarten class of Tracy Rayray sang songs, told stories, played instruments and learned a lot about the Native American culture from Ms. Dorn last Thursday.

"My aim is for education about Native American history and it being so non segregated," Ms. Dorn said. "My goal really is to teach the children how to work together and be together in every aspect and get them ready for life."

Ms. Dorn's granddaughter, Avarie Tupper, is a student in the kindergarten class.

Ms. Dorn is part Mic Mac, Cherokee and Lanape, which were the first tribes in North America that were known as "the keepers of the new dawn" and the first to encounter the Europeans. She told the students that her regalia is made of deer and elk.

Ms. Dorn lives and performs in California and also lives in New Mexico. She has worked with the handicapped, children, veterans and the American Cancer Society.

Ms. Dorn was visiting her daughter, Rebecca Litchfield, and her daughter Avarie, and canceled some concerts so that she could do the presentation at the North Elementary School. Ms. Litchfield helped her mother with the presentation.

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20131127/PUB05/311270328
see....this kinda caca might not be ceremony selling.......but the spreading of romanticized misinformation is just as wrong.........we been chasing the ceremony selling twinkies around for so long that the phonies visiting schools "teaching"  misinformation slip right through our fingers.........grrrr these people piss me off and they are always one step ahead

Offline milehighsalute

« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2014, 10:42:16 pm »
They also appear to be involved with this charity called Blue Sky Charities Group located out of New Mexico.

http://blueskycharity.org/

Also, you may make a donation by personal check or money order, payable to BSCG.  Please mail your support to:
Blue Sky Chairities Group
1412 Del Norte Blvd, Grants NM 87020
they say the magic words to open the pocketbooks on that website (which i think just got pulled down).....they said "PROCEEDS BENEFITTING PINE RIDGE" when they are in grants new mexico.....right next door too another poor reservation that can use help........do donation seekers know that there are more reservations then just pine ridge? (not taking anything away from the fact that pine ridge needs help, but they are short driving distance from zuni, southern ute and jicarilla rezzes also)

Offline WINative

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2014, 11:36:10 pm »
They also appear to be involved with this charity called Blue Sky Charities Group located out of New Mexico.

http://blueskycharity.org/

Also, you may make a donation by personal check or money order, payable to BSCG.  Please mail your support to:
Blue Sky Chairities Group
1412 Del Norte Blvd, Grants NM 87020
they say the magic words to open the pocketbooks on that website (which i think just got pulled down).....they said "PROCEEDS BENEFITTING PINE RIDGE" when they are in grants new mexico.....right next door too another poor reservation that can use help........do donation seekers know that there are more reservations then just pine ridge? (not taking anything away from the fact that pine ridge needs help, but they are short driving distance from zuni, southern ute and jicarilla rezzes also)

I'm with you on that one Milehighsalute, there's alot more poor rez's in every state, despite what non-Indians think about the success of Indian gaming. There's alot of poor urban Indian populations also. I know some white groups here who do a clothing drive every year and drive it some church in South Dakota, i'm sure they got more size Small 1990's t-shirts then they need right about now.
Who does the checks benefit in Pine Ridge anyway, since that's not a valid address? They going to some corrupt medicine man or who?

Offline milehighsalute

« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2014, 11:38:06 pm »
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/the-wolf-and-the-bear/2014/09/17/visionary-times she now claims to be a native healer and medicine woman

Offline milehighsalute

« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2014, 12:05:27 am »
As a medicine Woman, I have studied under my maternal Grandmother
from the age 4 yrs old..then throughout my life I have had many other Medicine people teach me their ways...I am world renowned because of her...I am very honored...All my relations...

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/wind-walker-dorn/72/b24/742
her world renowned LAKOTA grandmother? who trained her as a medicine woman? earth7w has something to say about that...........she claiming to be a medicine woman huh

i feel sorry for her daughter....she probably a sweetheart but been lied to her whole life......she gonna be all fucked up in adulthood like brandon skyhorse