Author Topic: James Arthur Ray - Angel Valley Resort DeathSweat in Sedona: 3 dead, 20 injured  (Read 267535 times)

Offline SouthwestSkeptic

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Thanks, and it's also good to see that James Ray is safely locked away in prison!!!

Here's James wearing the latest in Arizona issued prison attire this season. Pink is his color!

http://is.gd/hhUKPm
I'm not a bird, I'm not a plane, I'm super NDN skeptic -
Debunking non-NDN bunk, one nut at a time!

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
Here's James wearing the latest in Arizona issued prison attire this season. Pink is his color!

http://is.gd/hhUKPm

Look at him manifesting!

Hair color is listed as "unknown". I'm looking forward to seeing how he looks without access to hair dye. Bet the prison won't let him have all those self-prescribed steroids and manly hormones he was dosing himself with, either. Though I guess they'll let him have his herpes meds.

So disheartening to hear of a 2 yr sentence. Not even 1 full year for each of the deceased. And, any time he's already spent in jail, will be counted. They didn't even ban him from ever doing a 'death lodge' again. This is just really sad.
press the little black on silver arrow Music, 1) Bob Pietkivitch Buddha Feet http://www.4shared.com/file/114179563/3697e436/BuddhaFeet.html

Epiphany

This Date in Native History: The often misguided and misrepresented spiritual representation of traditional Native practices broke into mainstream media on October 8, 2009 when James Arthur Ray, a 53-year-old “self-help guru,” saw tragedy strike his latest retreat.

Read more at http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com/2013/10/08/native-history-non-traditional-sweat-leads-tragedy-151634

Offline milehighsalute

just wondering.....if an ndn ran this so-called "sweat" ......how much time do you all think he would have gotten?

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Twenty to life, most likely.

Offline milehighsalute

EXACTLY.......and thats just one of many reasons its important to fight these twinkies

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
That and the racism these frauds bring. In fact, the racism was brought me to fighting frauds. I read a letter to the editor written by a white woman who had read Lynn Andrewes, Jamie Sames and Chuck Storm. She then went to a rez to find herself a guru. She didn't feel like she was treated nice enough (like her books) and that turned to hatred and disgust at the poverty and problems she found on the rez. She decided that all NDNs were dirty, bad, lazy drunks. Deserving of society's disdain. I wrote a letter back to the paper, pointing out some things, among them that no one from the rez invited her. None of them were responsible for what white frauds wrote. She needed to read her history and fond out that, besides having children stolen and religion forbidden, that NDNs were actually Human Beings, with the same life problems that many people have. Thta paper printed my letter, too. No editing. But that hatred this woman had, was directly the result of lies told by frauds.

Offline NeoPaleo

I'm sorry this happens. I though this shit went out of fashion.
At some point traditional leaders are going to have to take responsibility and
Manage the seekers after all it is their responsibility.
There are a lot of mixed bloods outside and they aren't going anywhere.
If the People think they have problems now, wait for the smart phone revolution.
"Skin Color" used on a legal form are a legal fiction, skin color is not a race.

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
again you are mistaken this man has no Native blood is was making money off native tradition with no knowledge of what he was doing.
What went out of fashion?
Are you talking about our traditions?
They are very much alive among our people
In Spirit

• Global Moderator
I'm sorry this happens. I though this shit went out of fashion.
At some point traditional leaders are going to have to take responsibility and
Manage the seekers after all it is their responsibility.
There are a lot of mixed bloods outside and they aren't going anywhere.
If the People think they have problems now, wait for the smart phone revolution.

What?

Are you blaming traditional people for what James Ray did?

It's not about "mixed bloods," unless you're using that as a shorthand for "Non-Native who did their genealogy last year and found some distant heritage but has no real-life connection to any living Native community."

BQ is not the issue - it's whether someone is living their life as part of an in-person Native family and Native community - culturally Native.

Offline Diana

• I Love YaBB 2!
James Ray is on CNN giving an interview to Piers Morgan. Here's a clip http://piersmorgan.blogs.cnn.com/.

• Global Moderator
Didn't it come out that Ray and Piers Morgan share the same publicist?

Apparently Ray has some kind of in at CNN: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/cnn-orders-w-kamau-bell-780335

"Additionally, CNN will premiere five new documentaries in 2016, each a co-production with CNN Films and is expected to premiere in theaters prior to their broadcasts." Including "... a doc on controversial self-help boldface James Arthur Ray by Jenny Carchman"  [I assume that weird phrasing is a formatting error on their site.]

CNN better talk to Natives this time. As in, real ones. Not those white pretendians and newagers they showcased in their coverage of the court case. The Court TV coverage was seriously racist; they avoided talking to any NDNs. I'm pretty sure zero Natives appeared on screen. Aside from a brief phonecall with one of the Lakotas involved in the lawsuit against Angel Valley, every single person who spoke on the sweatlodge issue was non-Native. Their "expert" was a white fraud who has his own thread here on NAFPS.