Author Topic: Wall of Shame Forum Shut Down, Protest Letters Needed  (Read 3861 times)

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Wall of Shame Forum Shut Down, Protest Letters Needed
« on: January 11, 2009, 03:24:14 am »
From Rose. Someone either got their forum pulled, or hacked their account.

-------------------

The Wall of Shame people wrote to the electronic freedom frontier and thery're thinking about doing something, but  they don't know why they were shut down yet. They have to find out who was responsible before they can proceed.  They backed up their mailing list and they're switching to another provider to start a forum with the subscribers they already have.

Right now, they're asking people to write hand written letters to bravenet and ask why the forum and the website was deleted.   It's possible that bravenet didn't shut them down and they were hacked.  I don't have the forum address, but the old bravenet site was www.shameons.bravepages.com and they switched over to bravehost recently when bravepages went away at www.shameons.bravehost.com

I know that lots of individual letters of protest can be effective with bravenet. They're a Canadian company and they don't have much respect for American censorship. 

By a strange coincidence, their mailbox was full of spam to make it more difficult to see a notice of terms of service violation. A lot of the people who criticized AmyLee over on Native Tube also had their emails hijacked and made to appear like they were spamming people.  Yahoo stopped the spammer, but they all had all their contacts deleted from their address book and have to reconstruct them.

The people from Red Road Collective say that their email is full of spam too.  It seems like a pattern to me.  We know for a fact that AmyLee hijacked Grace Peters email account and nothing has been done about it yet.  If you could spread the word thoughtful, polite letters of protest about censoring a minority voice would be helpful, but we can't assume that AmyLee was behind it. 

There was also a lot of negative stuff about Todd Palin on there. When they set up their new forum, I'll send you the URL. Thanks again for all your hard work,
Try to have a nice weekend
Rose

Laurel

Re: Wall of Shame Forum Shut Down, Protest Letters Needed
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 12:33:42 pm »
Shit.  I'd been wondering what happened to ShameOns.  )-:

This is the only address I can find:

P.O. Box 1722,
Parksville, BC,
Canada, V9P 2H5