Author Topic: E. P. Grondine  (Read 52300 times)

Offline E.P. Grondine

• Man and Impact in the Americas
Re: E. P. GRONDINE IS NOT SHAWNEE NOR IS HE A JOURNALIST.
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2015, 06:02:43 pm »
Hi Diana -

From your comments I have to assume either
1) that you are connected either with the well paid and well funded professional holocaust deniers of the Ohio Hisstorical Society,
or those confused by them of
2) with the self proclaimed "wiccan"fllowers weho show up at Serpent Mound.

Whatever the case, keep on coming....

Offline E.P. Grondine

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2015, 07:13:32 pm »
Hi Piff -

I contacted both of my cousins. One stopped her genealogical search due to a change in residence. The other cousin shared with me more  conversations with her father about his native descent.
But as you said, family stories do not count for much - I hear them all of the time.

IN any case, since the conquest of most of the Thawagila division took place before the formation of the federal government, reconstructing its "rolls" will require an exhauastive search through the records of Fort Cumberland, and an exhaustive search through local land records.
The local history reading room in Cumberland, Maryland was shut down years ago, and I have no idea where its materials may be available.
The Provincial records for Virginia, Maryland, and Pennsylvania are most likely well scattered, from here to London.
The cousin I mentioned above came to a halt in her genealogy work due to the scattering of records cause by the formation of the state of West Virginia and the Civil War.
You can estimate as well as I can the cost for travel, food and lodging.

So let's look for shortcuts to those records -

This search may have been undertaken by a local genealogist who I met at one of my uncles funerals.
But locating him again, if he is still alive, is going to be difficult.
This may also have been attempted by a group which bought some land several years ago, and attempted to re-found the division.
I understand that their attempt came to an end with their passing,
so locating any genealogical materials they may have gathered will be difficult.
That leaves any "local" museums, or historical societies, and the problem of locating them and visiting them.

By the way, the first Adams in the Adams family graveyard at Fort Ashby appears to have arrived there with the second garrison to man it, after its first garrison was annihilated by the Monocans.

Other tasks before me are helping to geologically document fully the destruction of around 95% of the people living in North America around 10,500 BCE - and passing on the different peoples' memories of those events. As I mentioned before, about a billion dollars and many many lives are at stake.
Also, I have located the location of notes from the last properly trained Shawnee "traditional" historian - I need to get to them, assemble them, and pass them on.
Then there is the struggle with the well paid and well funded holocaust deniers of the Ohio Historical Society, and dealing with those  confused by them.
Then there is the problem, of creating e-books, so that the traditional histories of many peoples which I have collected are more easily available and readable.
Then there is the problem of the memories of the Andaste and Yazoo, and locating someone to assemble Vine DeLoria's last book.

Where should reconstructing Thawagila (modern spelling) "rolls" fall into this?
I will try to get my DNA results to you - the only other possible candidates for that genetic load except for Thawagili are Conwsay (unlikely), Five Nations (unlikely), and Lenape (unlikely).
While such "rolls" might  prove useful to other descendants, it is unlikely that it would stop some people from their slanders;
the only benefit might be if there existed some Shawnee National Ancestry Organization. set up following the establishment of a Shawnee National Organization.

Now as to the net - I generally drink coffee and smoke cigarettes in the morning to get the left side of my body and brain working - typing these brief notes for you is an effort, but I feel it is worth it.

Epiphany

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2015, 08:54:32 pm »
E.P., I am not the good cop, Diana is not the bad cop.

I am not the good cop or the arbiter.

Offline AClockworkWhite

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2015, 11:21:54 pm »
This went from enraging to amusing. Good work, all.
I came here for the popcorn and stayed for the slaying of pretenders.

Offline Diana

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2015, 11:38:44 pm »
This went from enraging to amusing. Good work, all.

I know!  Now the white coot thinks I'm some kind of spy from of all places "OHIO" lol. Just to ease your mind old white man I'm born and raised in the pacific northwest and have never been farther east then the Dakotas. I think he's off his meds.

Diana

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2015, 01:25:34 pm »
remember DNA dos not count with Native people,
In Spirit

Offline E.P. Grondine

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2015, 03:44:28 pm »
Hi Piff -

Its not a question of good cop or bad cop, but of the truth.

The path has a way of protecting itself.

Offline E.P. Grondine

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2015, 03:58:25 pm »
Hi Diana -

These were not put up just for you:

http://www.danieljglenn.com/the_podcasts/Stelle/Documentation/He%20Walked%20Among%20Us%20Part%201.pdf
http://www.danieljglenn.com/the_podcasts/Stelle/Documentation/He%20Walked%20Among%20Us%20Part%202.pdf
http://www.danieljglenn.com/the_podcasts/Stelle/Documentation/He%20Walked%20Among%20Us%20Part%203.pdf

I hope that everyone will grab copies and share them while you can.
I hope this clears things up for Ingebourg, and for keely, and for many others.

Diana, other people have called me a liar over the years, and I expect they will in the future.
They had, have, and will have their reasons for doing this.
But if you bother to read my book,
you will find that what I did in it was to pass on what was passed on by the traditional history keepers,
keeping my understanding of it separate from what was passed on.

It is one thing to call me a "liar", it is another to call them "liars".

Offline AClockworkWhite

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2015, 04:17:13 pm »
LOL he keeps bringing Keely into this. hahahahaa

Offline Ingeborg

• Friends
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2015, 04:35:58 pm »
The path has a way of protecting itself.

Yes, it certainly has.

Quote from: E.P.Grondine
I hope this clears things up for Ingebourg, and for keely, and for many others.
Emphasis mine

Mr Grondine or Grandshine or whatever, I am not concerned with your genealogy - just with your distortions of history aka pseudo-science.
As far as your claims are concerned, there is only one question I would like to ask:
WTH is a "1/8 DNA" ?

And as far as you're insisting on mis-spilling my name: You should have realised by now that being rude doesn't get you anywhere here, it just gets you banned.

Speaking of rudeness - how about this:
Quote from: E.P.Grondine
... you are connected either with the well paid and well funded professional holocaust deniers of the Ohio Hisstorical Society ...
Once more being disrespectful towards an indigenous board member. In a discussion regarding whether your claims of ancestry might be appropriate or not, this seems a somewhat unfortunate strategy to apply, don't you agree? Well, you probably don't, but do keep in mind that Nazi allegations and comparisons usually get introduced in the absence of facts and arguments.

Offline Diana

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2015, 06:43:17 pm »
Diana, other people have called me a liar over the years, and I expect they will in the future.
They had, have, and will have their reasons for doing this.

@EP Grondine,  how sad. And I sincerely mean that. You know, I haven't been called a liar since I was a child on the school yard play ground. And a couple of times as an adult by two ex's. Other than that I have never in my adult life been called a liar or been accused of lying. Nor have I given anyone a reason to call me that name either professionally or personally.

P.S. Don't open EP Grondine's podcast link on his previous post. I received a msg "This type of file can harm your devices". Becareful!

Diana

Offline E.P. Grondine

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2015, 12:14:01 am »
Hi Diana -

I have regularly been called a liar by those who do not wish to hear the truth, or for it to be known.

Offline E.P. Grondine

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2015, 12:18:15 am »
Hi  Ingeborg -

I am not concerned about my distortions of history, as I check with traditional history keepers.

I am concerned with people who imitate me, and then claim that it is my work.
As after your post, I went and googled my own name and found it happening again,
thank you.

(I cut and pasted your name this time.)

Offline E.P. Grondine

« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2015, 12:32:27 am »
Hi Piff -

Two other items in that list.

First, as concerns "the Beaver Wars" where it is purported that Dutch merchants traded guns to the Five Nations for furs.

That is not exactly what happened, as the Puritans traded guns to the Five Nations so they could attack everyone trading with any other European nation. You can read  "Island at the Center of the World" for the start of this.

Some archaeologists have forgotten that the low countries gave the Puritans refuge, and that they continued to have operations there. But checking the records of the gun manufacturers will require travel to Amsterdam, New York, etc.

Second, while the principal village site of the Thawagila division is preserved and in good hands,there may be remains of ceremonial complexes yet to be saved between Oldtown Maryland and Pittsburgh.

The best notes on these are likely to be found in Benjamin Barton's papers, which are scattered throughout the eastern cities.

There is the problem of the myth of the "Wandering Shawnee" to deal with,
and to end completely.

Offline AClockworkWhite

« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2015, 06:00:17 am »
Hi  Ingeborg -

I am not concerned about my distortions of history, as I check with traditional history keepers.

I am concerned with people who imitate me, and then claim that it is my work.
As after your post, I went and googled my own name and found it happening again,
thank you.

(I cut and pasted your name this time.)
I suppose it's too much to ask the names of these traditional history keepers... LOL