Author Topic: Lozen Brown Bear  (Read 54029 times)

Autumn

Re: Lozen Brown Bear
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2013, 01:56:06 pm »
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1271226872603 Tribute video for Mama Little Eagle, shows some of the family including Lozen.

I've been assuming one family member has passed, but just realized I don't know that for certain.

For Billie Topa Tate's birthday you can give her "BIRTHDAY DONATION $1500 for a Special Request from Billie Topa Tate" http://msi-healing.com/product/birthday-donation-1500-or-more-for-a-special-request-from-billie-topa-tate

Well, at least you get something for your "birthday donation":

The one hour  phone consultation will  allow you to explain where you would like Billie to send healing and positive energy.

After your phone consultation you will speak with office staff to schedule your time for the special request to take place.

Examples of Special Requests
- encouraging good family relationships
- family members or loved ones with addictions
- have your home or office remotely energetically cleared
- creating prosperity for a certain situation
- helping a child of special needs
- for yourself for relationships, family, career and love

Wonder why they would combine these three things together:  birthday, donation, request?

My guess is: $$$$$$$$$

Epiphany

« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2013, 08:39:18 pm »
"Further your understanding of how to smudge your home the Apache way"

2 courses 2011 at Witchy Wearables Illinois

http://web.archive.org/web/20120829031246/http://www.dreamspirits.com/index.php/courses

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2013, 10:12:10 pm »
OMG.

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2013, 12:39:02 pm »
Sheesh, she can't even get the most basic and obvious stuff right.

Here's what she will (inaccurately) "teach" you:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/121893622/house-blessing-smudge-blend-50-oz-made?ref=similar_items_sash

A 2 buck or less mix of lavender, sweetgrass, etc. In other words, things which obviously aren't Apache because not a whole lot of lavender grows in the desert. Lavender is native to freakin Europe, esp France.

There's not one single item there that Apaches or any other SW tribes actually use traditionally. (ETA: The Naishan who live on the Plains did use tobacco, and some of the desert Apache sometimes got tobacco through trade.)
Obviously she learned from neopagan or Nuage knockoffs of Plains or SE tribes' smudging. She claims a family tradition for five generations? Then that's five generations of them not knowing squat. More likely, mama didn't know squat and passed along Nuage BS to daughter, who wants to believe it goes back to the rez.

Epiphany

« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2013, 03:24:51 pm »
TMA: Do you know how many generations?

BTT: I really don't know how many generations, but I do know that my mother is a retired shielder??

from the Mescalero Apache tradition, and her mother also.

I remember learning from elders when I was very, very young and all the beautiful experiences I saw with them.

I found that to be very intriguing,

how they would heal people,

how they'd sit in council and discuss things

and do communal work.

When we went to different tribes that were not Apache,

I found that they had very significant core life behaviors that we did.

I thought, "Oh, they're doing the same things that we're doing," and

I enjoyed the experience very much.

This is from an interview with Lozen's sister Billie, I've laid it out so it is easier to see each piece.

Billie looks to be saying that she doesn't know her heritage in depth.

She claims this heritage through her mother and maternal grandmother.

She claims they are "retired shielders".

To me as an outsider, she sounds like another mostly outsider. In terms of word choices and observations.

She says she found that "different tribes" "were doing the same things that we're doing" - sounds like the usual Nuage claim that everything is universal and the same and therefore up for grabs.

So far haven't found the family surname.

Offline loudcrow

« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2013, 10:42:03 pm »
I've done a bit of research about the Apache on the Internet. It seems the Apache do not call a Bear by name. Rather,
they refer to a bear as "My Uncle" or "My Grandfather". The bear is highly respected and the Apache have no contact
with bears. The owl is a night creature with whom the Apache also have no contact. I am curious about why a so-called
Apache family would have names like "Brown Bear" and "Little Owl".

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2015, 05:38:49 pm »
I noticed today that this topic was getting a lot of hits, so I went and checked. She's still on etsey, selling those dreamcatchers, etc plus "smudge spray"??  And other weird stuff. The site says "Genuine Apache" but there is nothing on that, or her dream site that says she is enrolled. Has anyone established if she is? Because if she is NOT, she is in violation of the Indian Arts and Crafts Act. Even if you are a descendant, if you are not enrolled, you can't sell as Indian. I have a Nez Perce friend, who is unenrolled (her mother was, though) and she would never sell her wonderful beadwork as Nez Perce because she is not enrolled and could get in trouble. I realize that pretty much nothing on her (LBB) etsey site is actually Apache, but if she is not enrolled, it should not say "Genuine Apache." I mean, someone could report her. ;)

Epiphany

« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2015, 07:36:26 pm »
Hopefully we can learn who "Mama Little Wolf" is, then we could probably sort out the family genealogy. Both Lozen and Billie say this is their mother, their Apache heritage.