Author Topic: Warfield Moose, Jr.  (Read 56817 times)

Offline Oglala Lakota82

Re: Warfield Moose, Jr.
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2013, 03:07:36 am »
Warfield AKA Pickles Moose is  nothing but a fraud. I know him the dude tried to fight my mother, he is not what many think of him. The bio on him is full of lies and deceit, his childhood was not how he describes it. When he was a kid, he would cry if there was no food already prepared for him.

Offline Rapid winyan

« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2013, 05:31:24 am »
Haye mitakuyepi I sadden to have read another post that has no merit to what this website is for? I will stand by warfield moose and his family. I'm also from porcupine community. As somebody who is searching for the truth? I have yet to see any evidence that warfield moose is selling ceremonies or defrauding people. I have asked numerous people on and off the reservation about warfield moose, to date I haven't heard anything bad or wrong he has done. In fact I sent a email to vi Waln from the sicungu times and she has nothing but praise for warfield. I know the "has no horse" family stands by warfield. I even heard Avis Little eagle from standing rock reservation who wrote articles years ago about new age fraud is a supporter of the moose sundance. Until I see police reports or anything in the paper I will not believed anything. Mitakuyepi name calling or calling each other fraud isn't Lakota way. Long time ago if you didn't agree with somebody, it was told to me that we don't talk about them or just ignore them. Stay away from them. Im not hear to argue just want to say this haye mitakuye oyasin.

Offline AnnOminous

« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2013, 09:02:24 am »
Long time ago if you didn't agree with somebody, it was told to me that we don't talk about them or just ignore them.
There has also been a long history of put up or shut up.  Lots of abuse historically has gone unanswered, and therefore repeated, because of this silencing.  Silence is violence.

I am glad your experiences of Warfield Jr are more positive than what others have shared.  Your experiences are no less--but certainly no MORE--valuable than anyone else's.  I stand by my first-hand experiences, some of which I have already shared.

Offline Maharet

« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2014, 03:52:31 am »
Ok this is my own opinion based off my personal experiences with Warfield Jr as a man and as a medicine man:
  I've been to quite a few of his ceremonies and sweats and I feel very strongly that what he is doing is NOT fraud. I believe his intentions are good and that he helps most people who come to pray with him. I agree that praying in a Lakota way when one is not Lakota creates a lot of confusion about what is happening and that is where much of these accusations come from.
Warfield himself does not charge for ceremony. The hosts who invite him charge to offset the cost they have to put out to fly him out to them and for his accommodations. This was not always how it was. The hosts used to put up the costs themselves but one of them (my former mentor, who hosts him to this day in Somerville, NJ) started charging her students to attend so she didn't have to pay a dime out of her own pocket. Other hosts got wind of this and started following suit. So if anyone is guilty for selling ceremony it's my former mentor and the other hosts.
   Warfield as a man, however, is best kept at a distance. It's true he is warm, funny, friendly and geniunely desires to help people but he is also manipulative, arrogant and a bully. You do what he wants you to do or f-- off. He has no one to check him and tell him how he is mistreating people, he's surrounded by "yes men" and people who want something from him, so they will not be honest with him. How else do you expect a man to act when he's treated that way?
   I know also he does hold sundances each year on the reservation. I have been invited several times but never went. I feel that's crossing a line for me to go, since I am not Lakota, so I can't comment on what happens there from experience, however I have only heard good things about his sundances and his extended family that still lives on the reservation.
  I once considered Warfield a beloved friend and in some ways a teacher. I still respect his work and stand by it. It is his treatment of others in his personal life, myself and my sister included, that made me decide my life is better without him in it. I feel it is important for people who do choose to pray with him to know the difference between his work and himself. Too often we hold spiritual figures to an impossible standard of behavior. His actions as a person do not discredit his actions in ceremony. One day he may lose his power, possibly because of his personal behavior, I don't know. But last time I prayed with him this was not the case. Just be warned if you try to be his friend. That's where you run a risk of getting burned.

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2014, 10:51:19 am »
Haye mitakuyepi I sadden to have read another post that has no merit to what this website is for? I will stand by warfield moose and his family. I'm also from porcupine community. As somebody who is searching for the truth? I have yet to see any evidence that warfield moose is selling ceremonies or defrauding people. I have asked numerous people on and off the reservation about warfield moose, to date I haven't heard anything bad or wrong he has done. In fact I sent a email to vi Waln from the sicungu times and she has nothing but praise for warfield. I know the "has no horse" family stands by warfield. I even heard Avis Little eagle from standing rock reservation who wrote articles years ago about new age fraud is a supporter of the moose sundance. Until I see police reports or anything in the paper I will not believed anything. Mitakuyepi name calling or calling each other fraud isn't Lakota way. Long time ago if you didn't agree with somebody, it was told to me that we don't talk about them or just ignore them. Stay away from them. Im not hear to argue just want to say this haye mitakuye oyasin.

everyone has their opinion today that is good we need people tells us and give us information on people that have been brought to our attention, i will ask Avis Little Eagle tomorrow about
her support of his sun dance. I don't think anyone has called anyone a fraud this is the research section where we research a person that has brought back to our attention. the problem we face today
is not from our communities but from the white people that are being abused because they don't know any better. The fact that we have some of our people who are willing to take money for
what should not be sold, is wrong and we need to accountable as a people
In Spirit

Offline AnnOminous

« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2014, 08:12:06 am »
everyone has their opinion today that is good we need people tells us and give us information on people that have been brought to our attention, i will ask Avis Little Eagle tomorrow about
her support of his sun dance. I don't think anyone has called anyone a fraud this is the research section where we research a person that has brought back to our attention. the problem we face today
is not from our communities but from the white people that are being abused because they don't know any better. The fact that we have some of our people who are willing to take money for
what should not be sold, is wrong and we need to accountable as a people

Earth if you haven't talked to Avis yet there are a few questions I would like you to ask her about Warfield Jr.

I just looked at his website at www.warfieldmoose.com

1)  How does she feel about him selling a CD of Lakota Ceremonial songs and a book he wrote called The Lakota Philosophy of Healing Through Song? Here's the description:
 "As a singer and helper to eleven Medicine Men, Warfield learned how to sing the ceremonial songs that have been passed down through the generations. In his new book, The Lakota Philosophy of Healing Through Song, Warfield provides a personal account of Lakota teachings, song translations, stories, a glossary and imagery that bring the work to life. The book is the companion piece to Warfield’s self-titled CD release of original Lakota songs in 2012.?"

Is is now ok to sell songs used in sacred ceremony on a CD like this?  Does she know who these 11 Medicine Men are?  Is it acceptable to make money by selling a book of Lakota teachings and song translations?

2)  Also I'm wondering how she feels about pictures of his Sundance arbor posted on his website, with the Tree covered in robes/flags and prayer ties?

3)  It would also be very helpful to get some of her thoughts regarding Warfield transferring the Sundance Ceremony to Jordan Head, a Blackfoot from the Kainai First Nation in Alberta, Canada,  and another one to William Nevins, a Mi'kmaq from Elsipogtog First Nation in New Brunswick, Canada.  Did Warfield have the authority and the rights, together with the consent and support of the Lakota Nation, to give away this Lakota Ceremony to men from other Nations? While the piercing sundance was once a part of Blackfoot culture (the ceremony was lost when it was decided it was "illegal"), it was never a part of Mi'kmaq culture.  Or is it ok for Warfield Jr but just not for anyone else to do this?

Just wondering.

ps  Is Warfield still driving mega expensive trucks?

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2014, 12:23:02 am »
well i just talked to Avis and she said she supports Warfield and attends his sundance,
she also says he is not a fraud, she says her son dances at Warfields dance and she attend the dance
every year. So not sure what to say
In Spirit