Author Topic: Wm Fredrick Posey AKA Turtle Heart - "Ojibwe Indian Priest" living in Italy  (Read 55026 times)

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
I'm surprised to hear I'm anonymous. ::)

His supposed DD214 he posted shows him as having reenlisted. A year and a half as two enlistments?

He also left as a PV1. That's the same rank one enters with. You become a PV2 after only four months. If that doc is accurate, it points towards a minor charge of some kind that got him an Article 13. That's the lowest level court martial. That would explain the year and half of time and the loss of rank.

And we never posted the criminal accusations vs him. We still won't, without evidence.

Offline wolfhawaii

He got out on that DD214 as an E-3 private First Class. His separation was categorized as for the convenience of the govt, Ch. 5 AR 635-200, with a SPN of 313, for the purposes of reenlistment. Obviously then, the DD 214 he released was not his latest one which he would have gotten at the end of his service. I wonder why? A later DD 214 would have shown character of service, reason for separation, etc as well as any other awards (although records are not always kept up to date.)

Offline Tsaatan

I found this forum through a search for "William Winterstone". amn, did this site fill in some blanks for me.
Thank you.

In 1981, I had a run-in with Mr. Weatherstone, who sucker-punched me while I had been turnmed away, after I'd called him for being an impostor.
Being as I was a kid, and my  older brother and mom were furious that some nut had  broken my nose and orbit at one of my own campsite, they called the NY state police, who responded to the home where this faux shaman was staying, just 1/2 mile from our own in NY's wooded lower Hudson Valley.
William Winterstone was arrested and charged at that home in Sugar Loaf, NY ( Orange County) ... arrest records shouldn't be too difficult to find. He already had a long rap sheet as it was, as William Frederick Posey.
Essentially, he preyed upon gullible wannabe-Indians and the like, and had been frequently arrested for taking advantage of these situations.
Amazing to see photos of him again, over 30 years later.