Author Topic: Paul Moore "Bear Paw"  (Read 70058 times)

Offline Julia

Paul Moore "Bear Paw"
« on: April 29, 2008, 08:19:01 pm »
Could anyone here tell me more about a man called Paul Moore "Bear Paw", who is currently touring England with his "Evening of Clairvoyance and Mediumship"?

According to his website - http://www.paul-moore.org/clairvoyancepromotion.htm:

"Paul in his unique manner of humour and realism based in his Native American upbringing shocks electrifies and brings roars of laughter to audiences all over Scotland and England.

Confirming that there is a world beyond our physical world is what every Medium has to do but Paul sees his quest of life as being more. “When I am in front of an audience I have to bring in every gift I was born with, seeing aura’s, clairvoyance, Native American Wisdom and above all…empathy and compassion???. Paul is not beyond making anyone squirm in their chair wondering if he is going to come through with personal information…Paul states that he will get personal but also states that he does draw a line between personal and being intrusive in someone’s life and also states that he urges members of the audience to see him after if it is too personal to be shared. 

A man of honour in the tradition that he was raised in is Paul Moore “Bear Paw???.  Paul tells everyone at every event that life is meant to be lived in harmony peace, it is not meant to be arduous; your past-away loved ones; relatives and friends are here to give you direction in your life and through your life."

Thanks for your help!

Julia

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Re: Paul Moore "Bear Paw"
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 01:43:28 am »
http://www.freewebs.com/paulmoore/
“Cave of Water??? Healing Techniques
Paul Moore (Bear Paw) ...Featured on BBC and ITV & Martina Moor
Native Americans have always been revered for their ability to heal, but modern thinking of needing a pill or surgery has erased all desire and drive to heal…we are now a society of quick fix....

Afflictions of the body can be healed quickly. You may be taken back by this probable fact, but it is true. Seventy-five percent, 75%, of all physical illnesses, can be healed, the remaining twenty-five percent, 25%, can be healed with a partnership in Martina & Paul, Doctor and counselling. 
                                  Martina Moor                                                               Paul Moore
moorpowerltd@yahoo.co.uk                                                                paulmoore@yahoo.com
0044 1388 767749                                                           00441325 301433

Claudia Schulz-Herrenkind
edelsteinkeller@gmx.de
Jahnstr.11
21502 Geesthacht
OT Grünhof-Tesperhude
Tel./Fax 04152/139912

---------------

No quick fix, but Moore will fix you quickly, with help from German women. Both Moor and Schulz mostly show up online on German sites.

He'll also teach you Tarot.
"For Tarot Parties or individual sessions call or write:
23 North Lodge Terrace
Darlington England DL3 6LZ 
Home phone 01325-463441…Mobile phone 0794-4845715
paulmoore126@yahoo.com"

Mostly he's claiming to be a generic Native, no tribe mentioned. There was an old reference (according to google) to him supposedly being Abenaki, but that's gone from the site itself now. This site mentions his sister being from Skowhegan Maine.
http://www.avcnet.org/ne-do-ba/pic_fire.html

Doing workshops with a hypotherapist and NLP promoter.
http://www.holisticlocal.co.uk/business/view/104588/Asif+Mirza+Clinical+Hypnotherapist+and+NLP+Coach

http://www.sheffieldnet.co.uk/chatsworthfairs/Barnsley_talks.asp
"Dream Walker - Bear Paw (Paul Moore) Lecturer & Author
Native American Indian (Abenaki), Native indigenous are taught from birth that they are dream walkers and that they can create... The life of an indigenous is rooted in truth and an unshaken belief in their ability to dream life reality. My dream of life, like all native Americans is to help people to free them from their past so they may live in the present, the Now, a position of creating their precious Life’s Designs. Attend my talk to find out more!"

Most of that's Nuage and pop psychology gibberish. NDNs are taught no such thing.

He's also hitting the circuit in Germany.
http://www.edelsteinkeller.de/18510.html?*session*id*key*=*session*id*val*
http://www.edelsteinkeller.de/18510.html

Someone named Michelle is promoting him on a Metis board.
http://communautemetis.informe.com/search.php?search_author=Michelle&

I don't know if he's Abenaki or not, but I don't see any of what he's doing as having any relation to Native traditions.

Offline zoi lightfoot

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 12:29:41 pm »
Oh Horseshit! anyone got a UK schedule for this guy?

Offline Kevin

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 02:30:36 pm »
"Evening of Clairvoyance and Mediumship"?  - that ought to put his right from the start in the fraud category but I guess this is as good as place as any to post this faker. I keep expecting someone to start using Mesmer rods
http://www.anton-mesmer.com/hypnosis.htm
with a NA nuance to it ( 3 Feathers Mesmer...?)  and advertise and conduct healing sessions, all for a few hundred dollars per session of course, there being enough nit-wits and fools around to buy into it, just like this nonsense.

Offline Julia

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 10:36:50 pm »
Many thanks for your helpful replies - I'll post more info about his UK schedule as it becomes available.  I sounds as if this chap belongs in the "Frauds" section...

Offline zoi lightfoot

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 10:02:12 am »
Absolutely!.IIC members on the NAPFS forum take note what we have here is the classic blend of nuage "Indian persona and mediumship paganish BS that the laws have been changed to counteract.As soon as this individuals schedule is available I would be grateful for the posting thanks Julia.

Offline Ingeborg

• Friends
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2008, 08:54:16 pm »

http://www.edelsteinkeller.de/4652.html
This part of the German site shows photos; the first one is a photo of Paul Moore and Martina

http://www.edelsteinkeller.de/18510.html
"In September, Paul Moore, a medium/healer from England and known from press and TV, will be our guest at Edelsteinkeller. If you want to learn more about Paul, please visit the following website: http://paul-moore.org/ Those who weren't here last time, Paul will be accompanied and translated by Martina. For a first impression please look at photos.

Healing Session, 30 minutes
Please arrange appointments
Energy balance € 40

Private Channeling, approx 1 hour
Individual Session, please arrange appointment
Energy balance € 80

Private Card Reading, approx 1 hour
Individual Sessions, please arrange appointment
Energy balance € 65

Past Life Regression
Individual Sessions, please arrange appointment
Experience in meditation is a prerequisite
Energy balance € 80

various workshops
Deep Vision (guided meditation)
Date:   [no info]
Energy balance € 50
This is about deep vision, you get into contact with your spirit leaders,
spirit helpers or with deceased persons.

Advance Vision ( guided meditations)
This is the follow-up of Deep Vision, Shamanic Healing is taught
Date:
Energy balance: € 75

Cave Healing ( guided Meditations with Healing)
This is about healing for yourself or another person, the illness must be
known.
Experience in meditation is a must.
Date:
Energy balance € 100
Please bring blankets, cushions, and food.

NEW
Past Life Regression
Guided meditation into earlier lives
Date:
Energy balance € 70
Experience in meditation is a must."

www.paul-moore.org/clairvoyancepromotion.htm
Just from a quick look at his site, I noticed several words in British English spelling (honour).

And I found two sites still advertising Moore as Abenaki:

http://www.visitnortheastengland.com/site/whats-on/a-z/p
"Scott Williams is a medium who was born in the north east of England. Paul Moore - Also known as Paul ( Bear Paw) - is half Irish and Abenaki Indian who hails from Massachusetts in the USA."

http://www.bwynorth.org.uk/links.htm
"Paul Moore (Bear Paw)…raised in the traditional Native American Abenaki way of Dreaming and Visioning is here to share with you the “Ancient Way??? of being able to turn a conscious thought into a reality. You can learn how to manifest your desires and wishes simply by a thought or through your own will. Paul now lives in Darlington"

frederica

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2008, 12:24:20 am »
Looks to me like he has the wrong idea about visions and dreams.  He puts a different twist to it.

Offline martina

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2008, 07:08:42 pm »
I was quite shocked to read this information about Paul Moore. I have met paul many years ago and to me he is a very kind person, who does loads of charity work to try to help other. Julia has never met paul apart from one email contact where she insulted him and asked stupid question, Paul replied to her very politly and she had the chance to meet him, sadly she didnt take this oppurtunity.
I dont think it is right to say that someone is a fraud if you have never spoken to or met this person. She could have got the correct information she needed on Paul's website instead of listening to someone's false information or oppinion. So what is her game?
I am a healer myself for many years, and it is very stereotipical to say that Paul is a fraud or a fake as I know that he is a genuine healer. I would like to send love and light to brighten up not just her life but everyone who dosent know Paul and who writes false things about him.

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2008, 02:08:49 pm »
So martina are you native?
In Spirit

Offline martina

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2008, 01:50:19 pm »
No i'm not  but im very familiar with the native american culture.

Offline MatoSiWin

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2008, 03:00:06 pm »

I dont think it is right to say that someone is a fraud if you have never spoken to or met this person.

I, for one, don't have to step in it to know that it's a pile of sh!t. ::)

Offline MatoSiWin

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2008, 03:03:16 pm »

Define "very familiar".  What reservation did you grow up on, or visit regularly.  How many true Native Elders have you spent meaningful time with?  What stories were you raised with as a child?

Reading books, playing dress-up, attending false ceremonies snd the like to not equal legitimate intimate knowledge.  Oh yeah, and there is no such thing as "the Native American culture".  There are hundreds, and all are different.  If you were truly "very familiar" with any of them you would know better than to say something so ridiculous.

Offline Superdog

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2008, 06:17:02 pm »

Which one??

Pretty broad statement.  Last I heard Abenakis don't like people selling ceremonies in their name either. 

This wouldn't be Martina Moor would it?  The Martina advertised on Paul's website??

You may have to challenge your assertion that he's tellin' you the whole truth Martina.  Frauds don't hang out in dark alleys and wait....they go out and advertise right in front of everyone.  Charity work is often used as a method of advertising their services or drawing in others.  It gives them an impression of credibility.

Pay attention to some facts....he's claiming Abenaki and selling "Dreaming and Visioniong" for a price.  Abenakis don't charge for things like that and what is "Dreaming and Visioning" anyway??  Pretty broad title.....someone pays the price and he does whatever he thinks their looking for and calls it "Dreaming and Visioning" and YOUR helping sell that.

There's a few other obvious things that let people know he's not telling the whole truth.  Don't buy it....

He should take the "Native American" out of his selling points for his clairvoyance workshops.  As for yourself, Martina, you may want to examine your familiarity with Native cultures....there's not just one.

Superdog

P.S. His website says he was a Life Coach from '03 to '06....that's quite a jump from Life Coach to medium.  Listened to the CD....everything there is only Paul Moore's impression of spirituality nothing more....it's only loooosely based on ideas about some Native cultures.....some of its downright wrong...i.e. "Native Americans have no thoughts...they're tought by their mothers and grandmothers not to have thoughts...this is the way of dreaming."  Then later he says "The Native has one thought, one thought only...the thought of health"   To which, as a Native raised inside my community, I respond...ARE YOU FOR REAL!?!?  WHAT???  ;)

He doesn't speak for all Native Americans and his claims to do so are fraudulent.  As a self-help guru.....i'd give his rating a D- for overgeneralizing everything about Native cultures and being obviously oblivious about the true nature of communal and tribal specific spirituality.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 06:40:54 pm by Superdog »

Offline zoi lightfoot

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2008, 10:37:42 am »
Matina,I HAVE met Paul Moore,he may or may not recall the native woman he referred to (incorrectly as it happens) as one of those political city types,i don't need to defend or decry him on this forum,i have looked this man in the eye and told him directly he is a fake,inclusive of his notions of shamastic degrees.Bottom line is,misguided folks are paying this guy for a service that does not exist nor would he ever be qualified to understand the sheer insult to the Indian peoples his actions present.The Indian Nations have a presence in europe and thanks to the diligence of the NAPFS forum and others,that presence will be felt by persons such as Paul Moore and others.