Author Topic: Nolumbeka Project, Western MA.  (Read 35563 times)

Offline Diana

• I Love YaBB 2!
Re: Nolumbeka Project, Western MA.
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2015, 10:48:54 pm »
@ Pemibear, do you know Loril Moondream's real name? I noticed some discrepancies in her bio right away. First she claims she was born on a reservation in Arizona (no name of rez) then later she claims White Mountain Apache. I think you're right she's not Native at all. Having her real name, birthdate and places she has lived would be very helpful. Let us know or private msg me.

Lim lemtsh,

Diana

Offline Smart Mule

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2015, 11:11:14 pm »
Her last name at one time was White.

ETA - I believe she is in her late 50s. She's lived in Massachusetts for about 10-15 years. She didn't always claim Apache though right now she's claiming to be from Fort Apache.

ETAA - Her linked in profile states she attended Southern Methodist University in Texas
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 11:26:32 pm by omgsrsly? »

Epiphany

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2015, 12:19:29 am »
The Nolumbeka Project, Inc. merged with Friends of Wissatinnewag, Incorporated in 2013

Corporation info may help with identifying people

http://corp.sec.state.ma.us/CorpWeb/CorpSearch/CorpSummary.aspx?FEIN=264509867

Epiphany

Offline Smart Mule

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2015, 01:14:13 am »
When they were Friends of Wissatinnewag they at least had Troy Phillips and Russ Peters on the board who are Nipmuc and Wampanoag respectively. I don't think their current board includes any Native people.

The Nolumbeka Project, Inc. merged with Friends of Wissatinnewag, Incorporated in 2013

Corporation info may help with identifying people

http://corp.sec.state.ma.us/CorpWeb/CorpSearch/CorpSummary.aspx?FEIN=264509867

Offline Laurel

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2015, 09:12:40 am »
She's apparently a licensed wildlife rehabber.

http://www.mass.gov/eea/agencies/dfg/dfw/fish-wildlife-plants/wildlife-rehabilitators-conn-valley.html

More from the "cried over dead animals" story:

“The big, strong (animals) help the weaker ones get through hard times,” MoonDream said. “If we apply the stories of the animals to our world, it would make us better people[/i][.]”  [...]

The organization works with local veterinarians and raises orphaned, injured, sick and/or starving wildlife, with the help of about a half dozen volunteers who care for the animals until their release back to the wild. Among the animals served are bats, beavers, raccoons, foxes, squirrels and chipmunks. [...]

Two years ago after tornadoes and a tropical storm, Medicine Mammals took in 422 animals; only 45 died.

All proceeds from sales of crafts, cultural sharing or wildlife programs go to specialized milk formulas, food, temporary housing, vaccines and medical care for these animals.

(My words--I could not make italicizng fr this post work properly, sorry) Sale of crafts? I hope she's not claiming they're Native American crafts.

Here it's referred to as a "Native American nonprofit wildlife rehabilitation center."

http://www.recorder.com/news/townbytown/monroe/16272351-95/neighbors-area-wildlife-needs-our-help

A few links about the place do list her name as "Loril Moondream White."

She also finds Native American stone circles where other people find Colonial horse burials.

(from linked pdf)...Moondream and Sarah expressed their concerns about disturbance of Native American
artifacts, such as the stone wall and other stone works.  Sarah said that during a walk, they had
observed evidence of such artifacts over virtually the entire site.  Mike said that there are no
designated Indian artifact areas in this site according to state listings.  Mike added that because
it does not mark a property line, the stone wall is a non-protected wall under state law.  Mike
said that the stone wall will be dismantled and its stones reused elsewhere on site.  Sarah
showed some digital photos she had taken that she claimed showed stone artifacts at the site. 
Sarah claimed that stone circles are visible, as well as serpentines, standing stones, and animal
effigies.  Mike said that if you find a stone circle, it is generally a horse grave made by colonial
farmers.  He said his company had done some research with Old Sturbridge Village (OSV) and
that was what they have also said.  Mike said that if human bones are found, state law requires
construction to be halted.  Loril asked if ground-penetrating radar equipment had been used on
the site to look for buried artifacts.  Mike said it is never used on sites like this one.  Loril asked if
a tribal land preservation officer could look at the site.  David Pratt said he would have to think
about that.[/i]

http://www.newsalem-massachusetts.org/images/Minutes_of_Special_Permit_Public_Hearing.pdf

(my words) I wasn't able to find any results of this meeting (whether the solar panel array went up or not).

And yes, she claims White Mountain Apache all over the place.

Offline pemibear

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2015, 12:29:51 pm »
As I said in my original post, SHE told me when I met her, that she WAS NOT Native American by birth.   She told me she was "adopted by the Cherokee people", as an adult! 

I met her at a local post office about twenty years ago, now.  She arrived in the parking lot in a beat up Van stuffed to the gills, asking me for money and a place to park her Van.  She was dressed in "traditional" (I use the term lightly, of course) dress and her hair clearly dyed black.  I told her that I would ask around and see if anyone had a place for her to park her van.  I gave her my number to check in with me, end of the week.  I knew she was a fraud, but I'm a compassionate person and I thought that perhaps she just had some mental health problems, so I did ask around for her.  She proceeded to call me several times asking me to drive her here and there.  I explained to her that I was a single mom and working full-time, so I wasn't really in a position to help her out.  I never heard from her again, until she later wanted to perform at my cafe, with her partner at the time, Peter Coyote.  I said no, because I knew she was posing as a Native person.  She was furious.  At that point, I told her that dying her hair black and dressing in animal skins on a daily basis is making a mockery of Indigenous culture.  Again, I didn't hear from or anything about her again, until Friends of Wissatinawag hired her to perform at The Peoples Harvest several years back.  I was furious with the organization and expressed my concern and anger that they would support and enable an impostor.  At the time, I was still supporting them, here and there,...but for me, it was all about protecting the site, and I felt that they still had SOME credibility, because as someone else shared, at least they had Native people on their board, but I was already starting to distance myself.  Joe Graveline won't speak to me, because I've expressed my concern about him holding sweat lodges on his land, called him out on supporting these fakes, AND I've spoken to him about my concern that he, a settler, promotes the idea that it is time for Native people to forgive!  I also told him that he should not be engaging the public in discussions about the past without urging them to engage in efforts to end the genocide that is taking place today.  And that it would be good to invite some folks like Klee Benally or Waziyatawin to come and speak to people about how to be an effective, respectful ally vs being an accomplice to genocide.  I was blatantly ignored...wouldn't even respond...just walked away.  Another time, when I asked him if we could talk about the important work being done by IdleNoMore, he literally turned his back and walked away from me.  In fact, the very last event I attended, I walked out because he stood before the public and tried to explain/justify the massacre, saying that the men who carried out the attack didn't have a choice, they were just following orders...and that one actually committed suicide or drifted out to see or some other such nonsense, out of guilt... and then he had the nerve to call for a prayer to forgive those who committed the murders!!!!!!!!  I'm sick to my stomach just thinking about it.  I do want to say that I am truly grateful to Howard Clark, who worked tirelessly to have that site protected.  I've never seen Howard do anything sketchy.  He does claim Cherokee heritage, but I've never seen him brag about that or use it for personal gain, or ego fortification.  I do wonder why he allows all these frauds to be involved in the organization.  I think it's about money and power.  It took a lot of money to purchase that land, and a lot of power to shake those who could have prevented it's preservation and allowed it to be sold to Walmart.  I think that for Howard, the end justifies the means.  For him, it's all about protecting the site.  I know that to be true.

Offline pemibear

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2015, 04:12:12 pm »
^^^Though I don't agree that the end ever justifies the means.  Just to be clear. 

Offline Ingeborg

• Friends
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2015, 01:11:18 am »

( Please read my longer response to you in your intro thread before replying here. )

I've got a question - you mentioned a person going by the name of „Peter Coyote“ in your above post. Do you mean the actor or would that be another person you're talking about?

Offline pemibear

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2015, 01:31:11 pm »
Not the actor.

Epiphany

« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2015, 02:03:23 pm »
Pemibear. is the Peter Coyote you mentioned in this case - is this the same man who has gone by Peter White Fox?

Offline Smart Mule

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2015, 04:11:47 pm »
Peter Coyote is Peter Carrier. He is originally from Providence Rhode Island and currently lives in Quincy, Illinois. He has claimed a number of Nations in the past. I'm not sure which one he is currently claiming. If anyone has access to PACER run a check on him. There's a LOT there but not having documents at this time I'm not comfortable elaborating.

Offline AClockworkWhite

« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2015, 05:34:48 pm »
I knew that name sounded familiar. https://www.facebook.com/peter.carrier.71 He runs with some really strange people (don't they all?)
I came here for the popcorn and stayed for the slaying of pretenders.

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2015, 10:56:21 pm »
Tangents by and about people posting here have been moved to their own thread in etc: http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=4691.0

Sorry for any lack of continuity. We're trying to keep things on topic here.

Offline Legolamb

« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2015, 12:09:14 am »
Sorry to re-thread the needle on the subject of Ms. Moondream, Medicine Mammal wildlife rehabilitator/Native American 501-c-3 holder, who holds non profit fundraising using Native American identity: http://www.recorder.com/news/townbytown/monroe/16272351-95/neighbors-area-wildlife-needs-our-help, http://www.wendellfullmoon.org/schedule/ http://www.wendellfullmoon.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/MedicineMammals_wagon.jpg

I'm just wondering if she is legit?

Thank you for your time.