Author Topic: Ed McGaa aka eagleman  (Read 19936 times)

Offline mysticknt

• I Love YaBB 2!
Ed McGaa aka eagleman
« on: September 28, 2005, 01:41:43 pm »
went to a talk last night and eds name and a few others (black elk,,, two fools?) were mentioned as being teachers of the speaker 30 years ago
could,nt ask questions last night as it part of our groups rules we are polite to one and all                 i emailed speaker two weeks ago asking were they got their teachings from  am still waiting for answers

another point that was raised last night was they were selling spirit drums at £150 and the skins used to make them were from deer that had died of natural causes what i want to know is who is trailing the deer waiting for them to die
maple frame deerskin  walnut stain  crystals in grip
does that design ring any bells out there

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Re: Ed McGaa aka eagleman
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2005, 02:08:04 pm »
McGaa
http://newagefraud.org/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.cgi?board=frauds;action=display;num=1116720656
One of his exes is in the forum, Pattyz.

If by Black Elk they mean Wallace Black Elk, WBE was considered an exploiter for the last 20 or so years of his life, from about 1980 on. He sold ceremonies and claimed Indians were from Atlantis and even that he taught Einstein. After his death most Lakota prefer to remember the good he did in the 70s when he was with AIM. Out of respect for that, I haven't reposted the warnings I had on him when he was alive, and neither has Trish. For that matter I'm not going to repeat some of the worst accusations against him. What would be the point? It's only necessary to point out the harm he did when someone "trained" by him flashes his name to impress people who don't know what he once did.

By "Two Fools" he could have meant Frank Fools Crow, who gets misquoted and misused all the time by twinks. Fools Crow once said that "these beliefs are for everyone" which twinks often take to mean exploitation and ceremony selling are just fine and dandy. They ignore the fact that he signed a number of AIM sponsored declarations against ceremony selling and spoke out against it. My interpretation of his statement is that he meant Lakota beliefs have value for everyone, some aspects are good for everyone, and it's good for everyone to try to practice some parts of them in their daily lives, such as the ethics.

Ironically if you google "two fools" indian or "two fools" shaman, you get lots of stories about fools who do harm because they don't know what they're doing or understand spirits.

Offline mysticknt

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2005, 03:12:41 pm »
many thanks
the person i am on about is Barbara Meiklejohn-Free  aka Morning Star Hawk Woman there is a picture of another exploiter on her web site Brooke Medicine Eagle

http://www.spiritvisions.co.uk/

wonder if  Pattyz. has come across Barbara

Offline plz

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2005, 04:12:22 pm »
wonder if ? Pattyz. has come across Barbara [/quote]

Not to my knowledge.  

Ed was good at giving lots of 'encouragement' to get out there and do ceremonies, though.  Especially women.  Taking Fools Crows' statement (as Al indicated) and teaching that ANYONE can and has the 'right' to do so....  very sad.

Just in my small group of 20?,  there were many who were sure they were 'born again' NDNS and had a 'calling' to go out and spread the word/ceremonies.  I would even go so far as to describe them as fanatics.

pattyz

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2005, 05:54:50 pm »
And he is supposed to be in this area in the next month ot so to run a workshop for Roy Wilson's groupies. :( And Roy encourages women in the same manner.

David Green

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2005, 01:50:56 am »
"and the skins used to make them were from deer that had died of natural causes what i want to know is who is trailing the deer waiting for them to die "

I have wondered about that too, considering the ones that I have seen dead were either rotted on the side of the road and/or being eaten by vultures.

Of course none of what I wrote has anything to do with the topic. Sorry, just had to say I wondered about that stuff too.

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2005, 02:52:34 pm »
At least she doesn't throw her NDN name around that much, five sites with that name compared to over 300 with her actual name. A couple sites claimed she had her name given by an NDN but don't say who.

http://www.witchvox.com/va/dt_article.html?a=usxx&id=2824
"Barbara Meiklejohn-Free and her drummers gave an enchanting demonstration of Native American Drumming, combined with Celtic Drumming and Singing, and eventually had twenty or so people from the audience helping out. "

I can just imagine...

Her giving a talk on dreamcatchers.
http://www.psychicfayres.co.uk/Alfreton%20Exhibitors%20Programme%20of%20talks.htm
"Barbara Meiklejohn-Free
Native American Crafts dream catchers and more.
www.spiritvisions.co.uk
Barbara spent a number of years with the Lakota Souix"

And she seems to be working with Benny LeBeau's outfit.
http://www.chiron-communications.com/medwheelsites.html
Locations and Contacts for the May 8, 2004 Medicine Wheel Grand Tetons in the Center
19 Sacred Sites on the Perimeter of the Wheel....
Buxton, England On this day in England we will have over a hundred drummers on our sacred land in Buxton, which is the highest town in England. Our land has been dated back to 12500 BCE and is an ancient druid/celtic site. I am glad that we are all conecting all over the world, it is time for the healing of the land , all lands, all peoples, all nations. any blessings, Barbara Meiklejohn-Free Spiritvisions999@aol.com"

Couldn't find much on the one who supposedly trained her, Swain McDonald, other than a claim of being a psychic.

Offline Ironshield34

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2013, 04:20:44 am »
This man was one of the first to dance at the pine ridge sundance when they were allowed to do so in the public without hiding look for sundance at pine ridge he is in there!! Also frank fools crow was his teacher as fools crow taught many like Dawson has no horse!!

Offline Oglala Lakota82

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2013, 05:08:55 am »
Ed McGaa is nothing but a fraud all of his claims are not coming from relevant sources at all. He is out only for himself, to be honest he is chasing the ghost of a great man, one he could not hold a candle to. All Ed McGaa is looking to do is sleep with as many WHITE Women as possible. His whole persona is built around redemption he was never taught anything by Oldman Fools Crow. He claims his name is Eagle Man that is a lie in itself. Like I said he chases the ghost of the greatest man to have lived.