Author Topic: 2012hoax  (Read 9199 times)

Offline 2012hoax

2012hoax
« on: March 05, 2010, 02:26:50 am »
Hi everybody;

My name is Bill Hudson.  I'm the founder and administrator of 2012hoax.org.  I signed up as a member here because I see some common goals between the two sites, and because some of the topics I am researching touch on claims made about native American peoples. 

Both sites are staffed by volunteers.  Both sites do exhaustive research on the claims of the fraudsters.  This site researches and investigates people who pose as "native", who falsely and fraudulently push their new age or made up philosophies as native American.   2012hoax.org investigates people who promote the 2012 doomsday, making a profit off of fear.    Some of these people are apparently in both of our sights, and you can probably guess why. 

Re: 2012hoax
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 02:13:16 pm »
Hi, I tried to sign up at your site. I thought I had, but then realized that what I had done was signed up with the wiki thing.  I found the link in the drop down on your forum to sign up to your specific forum, but when I tried it said it couldn't because another user was using my email address.  I don't know, it was very confusing to me so I deleted the wiki account. Of course, I'm not a kid.. and these things are just confusing to old critters like meself.. ;) I'll try again some time later.. 
press the little black on silver arrow Music, 1) Bob Pietkivitch Buddha Feet http://www.4shared.com/file/114179563/3697e436/BuddhaFeet.html

Offline 2012hoax

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 03:30:56 pm »
Hi Critter;

Thanks for trying to join the site, sorry about the difficulty you had in signing up.  I think that the process is unnecessarily complicated, but that's just how wikidot does it. 

There are two steps.

1) Sign up for a wikidot.com account  (it sounds like you got this far), then sign in and...

2) Return to the "Join this Wiki" page, and submit a request to join. 

I used to allow anyone with a wikidot account to edit pages, but I started getting some vandalism, so I was forced to make it a "members only" site.  This way I can boot someone if they become a problem.   Basically all requests to join the site are approved. 

I'm going to post a question in the 'Research Needed' forum here today, hopefully some of the people here will be able to give me some guidance.  As you can imagine there are a boatload of claims made about "native American prophecies"  with regard to the 2012 doomsday hoax.   Just by browsing the forums here, I have already learned some valuable information.  For example, I now know that "native American shaman" is a red flag. 

I would like to thank everybody who participates in this group.  Your efforts are noble, and necessary, and I'm very happy that this site takes the time to do the research to debunk these fraudsters.

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 12:55:39 am »
That's what I "thought" I did the first time.  I'll go back and take another look.  :)
press the little black on silver arrow Music, 1) Bob Pietkivitch Buddha Feet http://www.4shared.com/file/114179563/3697e436/BuddhaFeet.html

Offline Unegv Waya

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 08:56:34 pm »
'siyo there, 2012hoax,

I'll check out your site a bit later.  Just wanted to say that reading your intro gave me cause to smile a bit.  It reminded me of what an Aztec man said once about native calendars ending at the winter solstice in the year 2012; "I guess it never crossed anyone's mind that we all got scattered by the invaders before we had the chance to finish them at all."  

We all fell about the place laughing when he let that one out. ;)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 09:50:41 pm by Unegv Waya »
nvwatohiyadv

Offline 2012hoax

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 09:34:49 pm »
Hi Unegv Waya;

Thanks!  I like that story... may I quote you?   ;D

Seems that whole "new age" nonsense has been ripping off everybody for over a century.  Must be lucrative, they keep doing it. 

Please, visit, browse, comment, correct us where we're wrong.   A day gone without learning something new is a loss.

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 10:24:47 pm »
LOL yeah, I've thought that as well.. or maybe the guy making the thing died and no one knew how to do it..

I have a 'thing' with anthropologists cuz I just have a hard time they can 'know' what some of these things mean.  Like petroglyphs.. how do they know that some of them, weren't just carvings done by kids while the family was camping in the area?  With mom yelling 'stop playing around them rocks!!"  LOL  speaking of the ones I saw in Arizona desert..  LOL 

Offline Unegv Waya

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2010, 09:55:01 pm »
Use the story.  I asked the same question and was told to use it to explain that there are many other explanations. 

I really liked the cartoon that showed a Mayan man saying that the calendar ended in 2012 because that's where the stone ended.  Native humor . . . and everyone thought we were all stoic.  ;)
nvwatohiyadv

Offline Sparks

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2020, 07:46:21 pm »
Just making cross references to another thread with the same subject:

http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=2616.0 [2012 Hoax Researcher Requests Help]