Author Topic: Bonnie Serratore / White Flame Institute  (Read 11393 times)

Offline ShadowDancer

Bonnie Serratore / White Flame Institute
« on: July 26, 2014, 03:13:43 am »
Portland woman sues company after son drowns while on DMT

by Kyle Iboshi, KGW Staff
Posted on July 25, 2014 at 6:00 PM
Updated today at 6:20 PM

A Portland woman claims her son died during an organized spiritual retreat after being encouraged to take a powerful hallucinogenic drug.

Laura Dickson filed a civil wrongful death lawsuit against the excursion organizer Bonnie Serratore and her Las Vegas-based company White Flame Institute.

On June 7, 2012, Garth Dickson died in Lake Shasta, Calif. The 29-year old had been participating in a spiritual retreat led by Serratore, a self-proclaimed master shaman.

On her company website, Serratore describes herself as "a natural-born intuitive specializing in healing core emotional wounding and subconscious belief systems, from this life and past."

...DMT is a controlled substance in the same category as ecstasy and heroin.

Ayahuasca, a long-lasting Dimethyltryptamine derivative drink made from plants containing DMT, is used by some shamans in South America to provoke spiritual journeys.

"One of the side effects when you are on that drug and totally hallucinating is you would not probably be able to tell the difference between the water and the air," said Laura Dickson. "He would not have known where he was."

In the lawsuit, Dickson claims "the use of Ayauasca was encouraged by Bonnie Serratore as a tool for accomplishing the healing."

Bonnie Serratore's website: http://www.bonnieserratore.com/

My mission is to deconstruct the false ego to facilitate the emergence of consciousness and liberation in order to empower my clients to create a life of joy, self-love and true freedom while teaching and tutoring them to take full responsibility for their own lives and their own healing using the tools and techniques they learn from me and other teachers“

About Bonnie
(American of Sicilian, French, German, Welch, Native American, and Irish heritage)

Bonnie Serratore is a natural born intuitive specializing in healing core emotional wounding and subconscious belief systems, from this life and past. She is the founder and director of the White Flame Institute in Las Vegas, Nevada and of the previous ReNascent Center in Sonoma, CA. She is a Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist, Minister, Licensed Spiritual Health Coach and author of The Way Back Home: Clearing the Energy of Our Emotional Wounding.

Bonnie has been teaching and offering professional consultations since 1985, specializing in reading subtle energetic patterns, identifying core issue and clearing lifelong patterns. Throughout her career she has assisted her clients and students in removing obstacles and blocks so they can live a thriving and abundant life full of joy.

Services Provided:

Bonnie is available for phone and in-person appointments.
We kindly request a 24hr advance in cancellation.
$250 for 30 minutes

Common Ailments Bonnie works with (but are not limited to):

Nervous & anxiety disorders
    PTSD ( post traumatic stess disorder)
    Relationships
    Depression
    Uncontrollable Thoughts
    Addictions

What Bonnie will be workings with (but not limited to):

Lifting of curses, spells, oaths, and blood oaths with the Dark Forces
    Alien implants
    Past life resolution
    Essence retrieval and releasing

Common experiences after a session with Bonnie include:

Lessened mind chatter
    Minimized anxiety
    Vision becomes more clear
    A sense of well-being and calmness throughout the body
    Nervous disorders lessen
    Clarity of mind
    Increased energy

White Flame Institute: http://www.whiteflameinstitute.com/

Contact Info: 3351 S. Highland Dr. #208 Las Vegas, NV 89109
Phone: 702-407-7722
E-Mail: info@whiteflameinstitute.com

White Flame Institute/Contemporary Shamanism was incorporated in April of 2012. Courses provide in-depth training on powerful shamanic healing techniques developed by Bonnie Serratore, Master Shaman. Our mission is to raise humanity’s consciousness through awareness and truth. We are not based on any form of religion or dogma

No where on her sites do I see any information related to university degrees in psychology or therapy.  Nor do I see any certifications or registrations with any professional psychology associations.

Offline ShadowDancer

Re: Bonnie Serratore / White Flame Institute
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 03:17:28 am »
Here is her LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/pub/bonnie-serratore/13/406/537

Again, no education or professional affiliations noted.

Author of, The Way Back Home, How to clear the energy of emotional wounding.
27+ years of hands on core emotional clearing and healing at the subconscious level.
Teaching and training other healers in energy and entity removal, past life clearing, implant removal, intuitive development and Contemporary Shamanism.
Creator of workshops, seminars, retreats and programs on higher consciousness, spiritual evolution, core emotional clearing and shifting agreements and contracts with the dark powers.
Featured in the film Awaken Soul to Soul as Master Shaman by Guru Rendezvous.
Leading retreats for YPO, Young Presidents Organization and speaker at California Institute of Integral Studies in San Francisco and at JFK University in Pleasant Hill.
Founder and Director of The ReNascent Center of 13 years.

Specialties: Clearing unwanted energy and entities from any time, space, dimension, universe, galaxy, lifetime, reality, void and black hole. Free people from agreements and contracts that inhibit their liberation. Teaching healers the work.
Experience
Master Shaman
White Flame Institute
September 1989 – Present (24 years 11 months)Las Vegas, Nevada Area

Teacher & Healer
Bonnie Serratore
1986 – Present (28 years)

Leading Contemporary Shamanism Apprenticeship Programs to professional healers who want to assist their clients and patients in dramatically changing their lives to live free from inhibitions, disease, constraints, fears and phobias.
Teaching Contemporary Shamanism Internship Programs to healers who have completed the Apprenticeship Program and have a desire to go on to teach Contemporary Shamanism to students and/or take their work to an even deeper level.
Offering clearing and healing sessions to large groups of people via webinar half hour sessions.
Teacher
Contemporary Shamanism
May 1984 – Present (30 years 3 months)Las Vegas, Nevada Area

Bonnie is a Master Shaman and a teacher of healers. With over 26 years of hands on experience her knowledge, wisdom and expertise is unsurpassed. Her devotion and life purpose is to assist in raising consciousness and offering a means to end ones personal inner suffering and conflict. Bonnie offers live stream monthly clearings to reach those who seek her help.
Founder and Director
ReNascent Center
1990 – 2003 (13 years)

The center held workshops, classes, retreats & seminars for Core Emotional Clearing, healing, higher consciousness, psychic development, facilitator training program, Know Thyself program, Surrender to Spirit program, Entity Removal program, Relationship workshops, and Guided Visualization Healing for profound, permanent change from within.
Projects
Energy Clearing(Link)
1985 – Present

Removal of energetic interference that hinder a person from being there true self. For more information please visit our website at www.whiteflameinstitute.com
Organizations
Ganesha Center
Master Shaman
May 2010 – Present

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 01:04:23 pm »
Serratore's page notes that some services have been canceled, but others continue. The White Flame site also has disclaimers which include claims about her training.

--------
White Flame Institute is not responsible for, and expressly disclaims all liability for, damages of any kind arising out of use, reference to, or reliance on any information contained within the site. While the information contained within the site is periodically updated, no guarantee is given that the information provided in this Web site is correct, complete, and up-to-date....

I understand that Bonnie Serratore is a Licensed Spiritual Health Coach qualified to teach me how to use energy healing to help me reduce stress and enhance my quality of life. I also understand she is a Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist, certified through Colorado Coaching and Hypnotherapy Training Institute, and is qualified to teach me how I may improve my health and well-being.

I understand that I am responsible for my own health, healing and well-being. I also understand I have the ability to heal myself. I further understand energy healing is not a substitute for adequate medical care...

-------
WFI has other alleged healers listed, altmed types. Little or no training for most of them. The last is the exception, and deserves the most investigation.

-------

Amy Priest
CS Practioner
Amy practices transformative healing. Her intuitive senses enable clearings of energies...She has refined skills...A lifelong devotion to Inquiry has enabled Amy to blend and share her understandings and guide others to greater awareness.

[being curious seems to be her only training]

Beth Reuter
CS Practioner
Over the past 25 years, Beth has helped thousands of people with her deeply transformative blend of clairvoyant reading, shamanic work and hands-on or long distance energetic healing....Sessions are $200 and hour.

Michaela McGivern
CS Practioner
Michaela McGivern has been involved with Energy Medicine and Shamanism for more than 15 year...Over her 22 years as a rehabilitation therapist...As an alchemical healer...

[alchemical? Does she turn you into gold?]

Shari Philpott-Marsh
CS Practioner
Shari’s passion is supporting people through emotional crisis and major life transition...

[no training mentioned at all]

Susan Feathers
CS Practioner
Susan accelerates deep healing, via the Shamanic Arts, as a Spiritual Guide, Emotional Coach, and Creative Teacher. For 15+ years she...has worked with women in crisis, at-risk youth, adolescents and adults with developmental disabilities, ESL children...

[English as a second language is treated like an illness?]

Troy Marsh
CS Practioner
A powerful vision awoke Troy and and initiated him on a “heart path” of a healer. Dreams led him to the Kalahari desert in South Africa where he was introduced by mentor Dr. Bradford Keeney to the ecstatic big love and”shaking medicine” of the Bushmen shamans and their old ways of entering the spirited mysteries. Apprentice training and refinement practices followed with Kunlun, Nei Gung and teacher Max Christensen of taoist tradition.  A prayer for urgent guidance during a crisis directed Troy to Bonnie Serratore. Dramatic life changes followed with Bonnie’s contemporary healing methods and training. Troy is a professional therapist since 1991 and is in private practice....

------
The only one who lists any real alleged training is the most disturbing, a white American claiming training in Bushmen tradition. And that's not his only claim.

-------
http://www.catalystmagazine.net/blogs/item/2395-the-spiritual-path-shamanism
http://www.new-shaman.com/
Classes incorporate Contemporary Shamanism, High Egyptian Alchemy, Kalahari Shaking Medicine, Seiki Jutsu, The Work of Byron Katie, Sound Healing, Vajrayana Buddhism, BönShamanism, and more.
New Shaman training consists of three levels: 
•Level One -Initiate •Level Two - Apprentice •Level Three - Shaman
Each level includes three months of training (one weekend per month for three months). 

-------
Become a shaman and supposed expert in eight different traditions in only nine weekends... ::) For only $2250!
Including making your own gold.... No, I realize they won't actually make gold. That would require actual proof. They have some alleged healing they slapped the label alchemical on to sound impressive and sooper spirchul.

He used to claim to teach just Bushmen healing, but that seems have failed. Domain expired. http://www.shakingmedicine.com/
LinkedIn shows him trained in physical therapy at Northern AZ Univ.

His wife is the one claiming to teach alchemy. A yoga teacher and trained by Serratore, but no specific mention if that's where the alchemy training came from.
http://radianceyoga.org/about

Marsh is a Mormon. He and Keeney both claim they are carrying on the Bushmen tradition and it will die out without them.

--------
http://www.sltrib.com/faith/ci_9844240
Bountiful therapist communes with African Bushmen
By Jessica Ravitz
The Salt Lake Tribune
Published July 12, 2008 1:14 am
NORTH SALT LAKE - At first glance he's a typical, clean-cut, churchgoing white guy living in the 'burbs. But Troy Marsh, of Bountiful, is shaking things up, literally.
The physical therapist is en route - he departed July 11 - to southern Africa, where he'll partake in the transcendental rhythms, songs and all-night dances around fires with the Kalahari Bushmen, who didn't mix with outsiders until the 1950s. (Think of the 1980 film "The Gods Must Be Crazy.")
Marsh and 10 others, including Jade Chun of Salt Lake City, are part of a first-time experiential journey organized by Bradford Keeney, an internationally recognized therapist, scholar and shaman who's worked with the Bushmen for 15 years. Keeney, 57, is considered a master or owner of n/om (the "/" indicates a click in their Ju/'hoan language), the power to shake and help others shake in meaningful ways. Guided by elders in a remote Namibian village, the visitors' bodies will tremble in ecstatic movement as they feel the raw spirituality and healing powers of ancient shaking medicine, which Keeney points to as the world's oldest religious and therapeutic practice, one that's been expressed in the same form for at least 30,000, maybe 60,000, years.
"We've turned off the switch that must be turned on," said Keeney, who added in a recent phone interview that genetics have proven we are all descendants of Bushmen. "Through heightened feeling, they call it 'waking up,' we come together to sing, to wake our hearts up. In that state we become open to experiences and to the divine."
It's a bit like what might be seen at a Pentecostal revival - Bushmen shamans do lay hands on people to heal them - or in the heyday of Grateful Dead shows. But Keeney, the son and grandson of country Baptist preachers, said what takes hold in the Kalahari is a deeper, more mature and richer-in-variety arousal.
"The Bushmen would say there's an alphabet of expression, and many cultures only know a few letters," he said.
For Marsh, who will turn 44 (and celebrate what he calls "a spiritual rebirth") in the Kalahari, the two-week trip has been a long time coming.
The lifelong Utahn and proud, active member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints served in the mid-1980s as a Mormon missionary in Johannesburg, South Africa. Though he made it back for a vacation in 1986, he said the Africa bug never stopped biting him.
"It's said, 'You don't get into Africa. Africa gets into you,' " the father of three explained earlier this week. "I prayed for a time when I'd go back."
The Utahn learned of Keeney, who lives in Monroe, La., after he reached what he called a "spiritual plateau" about eight or nine years ago. He was searching for something more, a heightened connection to his faith, when Marsh said he learned to open up his heart in newer and fuller ways.
"I started to shake," he said, holding out his trembling hands at a restaurant table. "I started to have deeper prayers and meditation."
In 2006, someone handed Marsh a copy of Keeney's book, "Bushman Shaman: Awakening the Spirit Through Ecstatic Dance." Soon after putting it down, he jumped in his car to drive to Sedona, where he first heard Keeney speak. Later, he attended a Keeney workshop. He said, "I felt like I met a brother."
Marsh and Keeney both said there's no conflict in relishing what the Bushmen offer and staying true to one's own faith. The Bushmen, in their most ecstatic state, have "visionary experiences," seeing, for example, ropes that float up to the sky allowing them to dance with their ancestors, Keeney said. This value of family and ancestors, for a Latter-day Saint who's always treasured genealogical work, is easy for Marsh to embrace. And the words of any sort of bible or religious text only mean something when they're read with an awakened heart, Keeney added.
" 'God doesn't live in paper,' " he said, recalling what the Bushmen told Christian missionaries when they began approaching them. "If you want to experience God, your heart must be open."
Lined up in pews, with books held open, too many people only know institutionalized or textualized spirituality, Keeney said. And while broader society has recognized the value of meditation, it hasn't yet accepted and even shuns as madness the idea of heightened, unfettered arousal, "the last great taboo," he said.
"We trade in the raw, wild experiences," what sociologists say marked the beginning of every religion, "for normalized beliefs and understandings," he said. "At the beginning, they dance for the Lord, and then they end up just talking about the Lord."
For the Kalahari Bushmen, who've lived in a culture without a written language and have no institutions, holding onto and passing on spirituality in its purest form happened naturally, Keene explained. That history, however, is threatened today.
"In Botswana, they discovered diamonds and took [the Kalahari Bushmen] off their land. In Namibia, they've found heavy metals, so it's just a matter of time," he said. "At the same time, people come with good intentions and set up schools, but it disrupts the old ways."
What exists in the Kalahari now won't last, which is why Keeney decided it was time to bring others into the experience.
"The elders aren't going to be around forever," he said. "Let's just take a group and visit them and see what comes of it."

Autumn

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 03:05:34 pm »
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/bonnie-serratore/13/406/537

Featured in the film Awaken Soul to Soul as Master Shaman by Guru Rendezvous.

Wow!  Not just shaman, but "Master" Shaman!!

This is the film's website:  http://www.awakenthefilm.com/feature.html

I note that the Executive Producer of the film, Danisa Perry, bragged that she attended (not graduated) from the University of Santa Monica, featured on this NAFPS thread:

http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=4202.msg35865#msg35865

http://www.awakenthefilm.com/profile.html

Online Sparks

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2019, 06:14:09 pm »

I quote the part about Bradford Keeney (my bolding):

The only one who lists any real alleged training is the most disturbing, a white American claiming training in Bushmen tradition. And that's not his only claim.
-------
http://www.catalystmagazine.net/blogs/item/2395-the-spiritual-path-shamanism
http://www.new-shaman.com/
Classes incorporate Contemporary Shamanism, High Egyptian Alchemy, Kalahari Shaking Medicine, Seiki Jutsu, The Work of Byron Katie, Sound Healing, Vajrayana Buddhism, BönShamanism, and more.
New Shaman training consists of three levels: 
•Level One -Initiate •Level Two - Apprentice •Level Three - Shaman
Each level includes three months of training (one weekend per month for three months). 
-------
Become a shaman and supposed expert in eight different traditions in only nine weekends... ::) For only $2250!
Including making your own gold.... No, I realize they won't actually make gold. That would require actual proof. They have some alleged healing they slapped the label alchemical on to sound impressive and sooper spirchul.

He used to claim to teach just Bushmen healing, but that seems have failed. Domain expired. http://www.shakingmedicine.com/
LinkedIn shows him trained in physical therapy at Northern AZ Univ.

His wife is the one claiming to teach alchemy. A yoga teacher and trained by Serratore, but no specific mention if that's where the alchemy training came from.
http://radianceyoga.org/about

Marsh is a Mormon. He and Keeney both claim they are carrying on the Bushmen tradition and it will die out without them.
--------
http://www.sltrib.com/faith/ci_9844240
Bountiful therapist communes with African Bushmen
By Jessica Ravitz
The Salt Lake Tribune
Published July 12, 2008 1:14 am
NORTH SALT LAKE - At first glance he's a typical, clean-cut, churchgoing white guy living in the 'burbs. But Troy Marsh, of Bountiful, is shaking things up, literally.
The physical therapist is en route - he departed July 11 - to southern Africa, where he'll partake in the transcendental rhythms, songs and all-night dances around fires with the Kalahari Bushmen, who didn't mix with outsiders until the 1950s. (Think of the 1980 film "The Gods Must Be Crazy.")
Marsh and 10 others, including Jade Chun of Salt Lake City, are part of a first-time experiential journey organized by Bradford Keeney, an internationally recognized therapist, scholar and shaman who's worked with the Bushmen for 15 years. Keeney, 57, is considered a master or owner of n/om (the "/" indicates a click in their Ju/'hoan language), the power to shake and help others shake in meaningful ways. Guided by elders in a remote Namibian village, the visitors' bodies will tremble in ecstatic movement as they feel the raw spirituality and healing powers of ancient shaking medicine, which Keeney points to as the world's oldest religious and therapeutic practice, one that's been expressed in the same form for at least 30,000, maybe 60,000, years.
"We've turned off the switch that must be turned on," said Keeney, who added in a recent phone interview that genetics have proven we are all descendants of Bushmen. "Through heightened feeling, they call it 'waking up,' we come together to sing, to wake our hearts up. In that state we become open to experiences and to the divine."
It's a bit like what might be seen at a Pentecostal revival - Bushmen shamans do lay hands on people to heal them - or in the heyday of Grateful Dead shows. But Keeney, the son and grandson of country Baptist preachers, said what takes hold in the Kalahari is a deeper, more mature and richer-in-variety arousal.
"The Bushmen would say there's an alphabet of expression, and many cultures only know a few letters," he said.
For Marsh, who will turn 44 (and celebrate what he calls "a spiritual rebirth") in the Kalahari, the two-week trip has been a long time coming.
The lifelong Utahn and proud, active member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints served in the mid-1980s as a Mormon missionary in Johannesburg, South Africa. Though he made it back for a vacation in 1986, he said the Africa bug never stopped biting him.
"It's said, 'You don't get into Africa. Africa gets into you,' " the father of three explained earlier this week. "I prayed for a time when I'd go back."
The Utahn learned of Keeney, who lives in Monroe, La., after he reached what he called a "spiritual plateau" about eight or nine years ago. He was searching for something more, a heightened connection to his faith, when Marsh said he learned to open up his heart in newer and fuller ways.
"I started to shake," he said, holding out his trembling hands at a restaurant table. "I started to have deeper prayers and meditation."
In 2006, someone handed Marsh a copy of Keeney's book, "Bushman Shaman: Awakening the Spirit Through Ecstatic Dance." Soon after putting it down, he jumped in his car to drive to Sedona, where he first heard Keeney speak. Later, he attended a Keeney workshop. He said, "I felt like I met a brother."
Marsh and Keeney both said there's no conflict in relishing what the Bushmen offer and staying true to one's own faith. The Bushmen, in their most ecstatic state, have "visionary experiences," seeing, for example, ropes that float up to the sky allowing them to dance with their ancestors, Keeney said. This value of family and ancestors, for a Latter-day Saint who's always treasured genealogical work, is easy for Marsh to embrace. And the words of any sort of bible or religious text only mean something when they're read with an awakened heart, Keeney added.
" 'God doesn't live in paper,' " he said, recalling what the Bushmen told Christian missionaries when they began approaching them. "If you want to experience God, your heart must be open."
Lined up in pews, with books held open, too many people only know institutionalized or textualized spirituality, Keeney said. And while broader society has recognized the value of meditation, it hasn't yet accepted and even shuns as madness the idea of heightened, unfettered arousal, "the last great taboo," he said.
"We trade in the raw, wild experiences," what sociologists say marked the beginning of every religion, "for normalized beliefs and understandings," he said. "At the beginning, they dance for the Lord, and then they end up just talking about the Lord."
For the Kalahari Bushmen, who've lived in a culture without a written language and have no institutions, holding onto and passing on spirituality in its purest form happened naturally, Keene explained. That history, however, is threatened today.
"In Botswana, they discovered diamonds and took [the Kalahari Bushmen] off their land. In Namibia, they've found heavy metals, so it's just a matter of time," he said. "At the same time, people come with good intentions and set up schools, but it disrupts the old ways."
What exists in the Kalahari now won't last, which is why Keeney decided it was time to bring others into the experience.
"The elders aren't going to be around forever," he said. "Let's just take a group and visit them and see what comes of it."

There is a thread about him:

http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=4425.0 [Bradford Keeney alleged Bushman shaman]

Online Sparks

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2019, 06:17:25 pm »
In my previous post just now, this phrase was mine and should not have been included in the quote:

"I quote the part about Bradford Keeney (my bolding):"

Online Sparks

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2019, 10:57:26 pm »
In my previous post just now, this phrase was mine and should not have been included in the quote:

"I quote the part about Bradford Keeney (my bolding):"

Besides, the long quote was unnecessary in this thread. It was meant to be posted here, which I just did:

There is a thread about him:

http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=4425.0 [Bradford Keeney alleged Bushman shaman]