General > Frauds

Passing as Native Musicians

<< < (24/25) > >>

earthw7:
Ok i have to ask what is Eno???

wolfhawaii:
Eno is/was a small group from the Piedmont of North Carolina who spoke a Souian language and banded together with other small groups after being pushed from their lands by white settlement. I don't have my reference on North Carolina tribes handy but I think anthropologists have considered the Eno extinct as a tribal entity for a long time.

earthw7:
never heard of them of course who are----oh wait im lakota

educatedindian:

--- Quote from: DISCIPLINE on December 19, 2011, 02:17:55 am ---CODY SUNBEAR BLACKBIRD

--- End quote ---

Could you explain that, go into more detail?

Epiphany:
Would like to hear more on Cody Sunbird Blackbird too.

--- Quote ---Cody has lived with native traditions all of his life.  Born as Eastern Band Cherokee, Cody's family moved far north when he was still very young.  Instead of the mountain, valleys and streams of his Cherokee ancestry, Cody grew up in Alaska and later moved to South Dakota.

While in South Dakota he came to know several members of the Sioux Nation and over time learned their traditions.  That is why when Cody sings his words are Lakota and not Cherokee.

Cody has performed as part of the featured entertainment quite literally around the globe.  He has performed at powwows, special cultural events and in concert across the USA and across both the International Date Line and the Equator.  This year he completed a tour that stretch from Alaska to Florida and then flew off to Australia on a sponsored, expense paid two month tour.
--- End quote ---

http://seriosound.com/OurArtists.aspx

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version