Author Topic: Re: Kiesha Crowther - "Little Grandmother"  (Read 1242797 times)

Offline Freija

• I Love YaBB 2!
Re: Re: Kiesha Crowther - "Little Grandmother"
« Reply #675 on: January 07, 2011, 09:05:39 am »
NO shamans in any Tribes in the Indigenous People of Turtle Island. Never ever heard the term "mist walkers" another term she has come up with. ::)

Pretty exciting with new positions in the tribes! lol
Another thing is that when in Sweden, she always says that the person "Little Grandmother" is taking over her, Kiesha. She is transferring into another character. I haven´t heard her making that claim anywhere else, have you?

You´re right, Sky, she has different scripts each time.
It´s like the whole world is her playing ground and she can turn into Snowhite or Cinderella or whatever...noone would question it. Very childlike and naive.  ???

Offline Freija

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #676 on: January 07, 2011, 09:36:21 am »
Oh, by the way, the Samis are now informed. So far we haven´t found anyone knowing of any recognition of Kiesha.
But the word is out in Sami-land. So wait for it.....

(Credit goes to a friend of mine, though. Thank you C.  !)

Offline Saga

« Reply #677 on: January 07, 2011, 10:53:45 am »
I have seen and listened the Swedish interview way earlier, I think I even posted it here once to comment about it. That it has completely different sound from the brainwash videos and that she probably has a different script for more "official" interviews than what she uses in her workshops... If this is the same interview, I am not too excited to check. :)

And yes, seems that she isn't able to keep track from her lies anymore either... with the crystal stuff or anything. Maybe she has split personality too, since the LG is taking over...

I found it extremely alarming that she offers empty words to comfort and at the same time makes sure that a large group of people doesn't do anything to correct any wrongness or to protect the earth or anything at all to any injustice in the world. Except ofc, sit at home and pray. Newest prayer request is out for tonight. She has also started to add bit more fear mongering in her messages and even the prayer requests, already seen couple of freaked out people because of her.

Offline Freija

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #678 on: January 07, 2011, 05:34:45 pm »
I have seen and listened the Swedish interview way earlier, I think I even posted it here once to comment about it. That it has completely different sound from the brainwash videos and that she probably has a different script for more "official" interviews than what she uses in her workshops... If this is the same interview, I am not too excited to check. :)

Oh sorry, Saga, for not noticing that. This thread is getting soooo long. There is no way my brain can keep all this info. lol

Sent off a letter to the producer of the show. What makes me mad is ALL those countless times I´ve had Native friends here, trying to get them some time on radio or TV to speak about their plights. It´s impossible! (Oh, unless they play the flute. But then, of course, they are not allowed to say something other than the fluffy beautiful stuff). But someone making up lies gets ample time to talk, though.  :-\ >:(

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #679 on: January 07, 2011, 09:32:35 pm »
At 15:00 of the swedish radio interview KC says that a shaman is called a  "mist walker" by indigenous people . Has anyone ever heard of this?

I've never heard of it, not from any NDN, any history account, or any anthropology text.

Seems like she may have pulled it from this t shirt with a Franklin Mint kind of image on it.
http://eaglespiritstore.com/store/catalog/viewitem.php?groupid=12&productid=1789

I also found the term on many role playing sites, as well as a few self identified Celtics who claim it was their term for shaman.

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #680 on: January 07, 2011, 10:04:05 pm »
At 15:00 of the swedish radio interview KC says that a shaman is called a  "mist walker" by indigenous people . Has anyone ever heard of this?
< snip >

I also found the term on many role playing sites, as well as a few self identified Celtics who claim it was their term for shaman.

:D  :D  :D  Oh my, no. Mist/fog is an important factor in many old Irish myths. But "mist walker" was not a title for any spiritual functionary in any of the Celtic cultures. Nor is it now.

There are gamers and newagers who have probably seized on the idea, most likely from Marion Zimmer Bradley's fantasy novel, The Mists of Avalon. Bradley was an American, and the novel is an Arthurian fantasy set in England.

Kiesha is English and German. Neither of those are Celtic Nations. We don't want her, either.

Teacher

« Reply #681 on: January 07, 2011, 10:27:57 pm »
Kiesha is English and German. Neither of those are Celtic Nations. We don't want her, either.

oh my word!  that's a riot!   ;D

Seems like the pressure to stop her lies, deceit and harmful practices are catching up with her.   :)

Offline tsalagi43

« Reply #682 on: January 08, 2011, 01:47:28 am »
From what I understand on another site, a curling iron that released steam was called the "Mist Stick"...(mystic?)...it did not go over well in Germany, because 'mist' was a slang word for 'manure'.  So, if that means she's a Manure Walker, I'd believe it.

The comments her incredibly blind followers make on her Facebook pages are so astoundingly disrespectful (not that I'm very respectful at this point), with claims that we're selfish for trying to keep the ceremonies to ourselves, and someone told one poster, "It's not YOUR religion any more!"  And they can't see how blatantly hurtful, disrespectful, and downright WRONG these practices are!  And they all, especially the European followers, have a bizarre, romanticized idealization of Native Americans as the 'Noble Savage', full of peace and love, etc.

I've been through my share of frauds, which I will share later.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 01:58:06 pm by sky »

Offline tsalagi43

« Reply #683 on: January 08, 2011, 01:50:42 am »
Apparently, anyone the Palm Springs venue calling about Kiesha is getting hung up on.  That ought to add to their wonderful PR they're going to get.  "Venue KNOWINGLY Defrauds Public!"

Offline Bill Dunlap

« Reply #684 on: January 08, 2011, 02:26:09 am »
My curiosity is peaked and I want to look into this Kiesha Crowther a little more carefully.  As a matter of interest, is she or is any of her crowd involved in the indigo children nonsense, or any other movement that marginalizes disabled children?

Offline tsalagi43

« Reply #685 on: January 08, 2011, 03:11:19 am »
My curiosity is peaked and I want to look into this Kiesha Crowther a little more carefully.  As a matter of interest, is she or is any of her crowd involved in the indigo children nonsense, or any other movement that marginalizes disabled children?
Not that I'm aware of, I've not seen any references to Indigo Children, just her 'Tribe of Many Colors' which the site was down for a bit, but now it's back up...perhaps she spent some of that money she's conned out of stupid people and gotten her moderators some medication.

Offline Spandex~Atom

« Reply #686 on: January 08, 2011, 03:30:49 am »

She lies about so many things.........so, 'allegedly':

http://littlegrandmother.net/September2010Newsletter.aspx
"An amazing example of this: During my talk in Copenhagen, I was speaking about the star beings and how they really are here and willing to help us in our time of need... and out of the corner of my eye I saw a brittle and crippled hand a few rows back reaching as high as it could, ready to speak. I turned my head to see a beautiful, truly beautiful man in his wheelchair. It only took one glance to figure out life had not been easy for him. His little body was twisted and turned this way and that way and his head leaned to the right... and with all his might he was trying to lift his  arm--he had something to say! I quickly handed the mic to one of the camera people and got the mic to this man, whom I could see was so radiant and so focused. When the mic got to him, he  rested knowing that he had been seen and the time was now his to speak; he took a few breaths and leaned his head toward the microphone as much as he could, and then spoke.. ... even today I get chills when remembering this moment. He said "It is true, the star beings are among you...they always have been, and they do care about you and this planet very much... here he paused again and breathed as though he was thinking over something.. and then he held his head as straight as he could up and down and got very focused and said..... “Please do not be afraid of US, WE are here to help you!""

Wether there are or aren't people from other worlds/places incarnating as human in every walk of life isn't really the issue for me. The issue is that she has added this to her 'story', and it seems to me be
because it 'sells' her spiel to people who are desperately looking for a reason to feel special. Just another way to hook people into her web of deceit.

Offline Bill Dunlap

« Reply #687 on: January 08, 2011, 03:31:05 am »
Many of these new age frauds have been preying on autistic children and their families.  If they are not claiming that autistics are indigo children and have super spiritual powers, or claiming quack cures for a condition where there is no cure, and why would you want to turn your kid into somebody else anyway?

I have some vague memory of somebody named Crowther being involved in the abuse of autistic children.

Offline tsalagi43

« Reply #688 on: January 08, 2011, 03:47:57 am »
They'll prey on anyone they may think has money, or access to funding.  Just reading her sites, you can see how mentally unbalanced her followers are!  Telling Native people how to do their own ceremonies and telling them they don't own them anymore, etc?  My copy of the comments from Shadowfax's video are upstairs...if I don't go sleepies early, I'll post a few.

Offline Spandex~Atom

« Reply #689 on: January 08, 2011, 04:00:12 am »
...........I have some vague memory of somebody named Crowther being involved in the abuse of autistic children.

It's a common enough name.
There is no record or evidence she is in any way connected to abusing autistic children.