Author Topic: Six days of lock-out?  (Read 12634 times)

Offline AnnOminous

Six days of lock-out?
« on: June 24, 2011, 12:10:11 am »
What happened?
Missed ya.

Offline nemesis

Re: Six days of lock-out?
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 07:08:31 am »
Great to have you back, I missed the site very much. 

Autumn

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 04:59:48 pm »
I missed you too.  It was so mysterious to not be able to find you.  I was almost ready to delete you from my Bookmarks page.  Even though I realized yesterday that you were back up, I still could not get in.  I kept getting a Server Busy signal.  I hope you are here to stay for a while.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 05:06:54 pm by Autumn »

Offline nemesis

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 10:52:06 am »
I am still having significant problems using the site

Even if I can log in I sometimes just get an error message when I try to send PMs

I have no idea whether the people got my messages or not

I hope the site is back and running properly soon

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 06:25:53 pm »
The first tech problems were fixed, then a whole new batch cropped up. It's been frustrating, surreal and ridiculous, and has often been down to all of us just waiting for people not on our team to come through on what they were contracted to do.

All along, the site itself has been fine. The files are all fine. The problems have all had to do with connections, communications and routing. Hopefully it will be stable Very Soon Now.

All apologies, even though the main problem was out of our hands. Thank you for your patience. ("Serenity Now!!!!")

Offline KrazyKraut

• Psiram
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2011, 09:36:00 pm »
We were suffering from a full fledged DDOS-attack. Seems its over now.

Offline pocahontas

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2011, 08:13:59 pm »
We were suffering from a full fledged DDOS-attack. Seems its over now.

This explains why I could not post the following:

I realized there was something wrong, when I could not reach the site using my bookmark. I then googled several frauds and google in Germany did not show the relevant pages on newagefraud.org. And I googled nafps and newagefraud and "new age fraud and plastic shamans" and it was not shown either.

And I was directed to a site called  http://www.chillingeffects.org/notice.cgi?sID=815 and there was a message both in German and in English: "A URL that otherwise would have appeared in response to your search, was not displayed because that URL was reported as illegal by a German regulatory body."

Then nafps was back up and I thought its okay now. But yesterday again I could not reach the site. Hope the problems are fixed now.

And - very strange - both nafps and "new age fraud and plastic shamans" have been deleted in the German wikipedia. And in the English wikipedia as well!!

When I tried to post this the first time on July 1st, although properly logged in, I lost connection to the site. I could not reach the site using my bookmark and when I googled it, I got that message again ( see above).

Offline 180IQ

• The Caretaker
  • I never sleep
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2011, 04:47:54 pm »
It seems to be back up to speed now! Let's hope it stays that way for a while.

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2011, 11:16:53 pm »
I was just able to get on today. Glad it's back. :)
press the little black on silver arrow Music, 1) Bob Pietkivitch Buddha Feet http://www.4shared.com/file/114179563/3697e436/BuddhaFeet.html

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2011, 09:49:20 pm »
Yes, it's happening again. But in a different way. If the site doesn't load, or if it times out while you are posting, try again later.

Some members have not been able to get the site to load at all, never mind posting. Some have failures then it goes back to working, for no apparent reason. Some of us have had no interruptions in service whatsoever. There are a variety of things causing the problems. 

Part of it is that sections of the Intarwebs were broken yesterday, and have not fully recovered. People on Verizon and L3 were particularly having problems, resulting in direct traffic to sites being detoured and rerouted around the broken areas - slowing everything way down. This delay in the signal also led some people who could get on to the site to have their sessions time out while they were trying to post. If the Internet has been slow for you in general over the last few days, this is probably what's affecting your connection.

We can't fix the parts of the Internet that other people broke. We are looking to see if there's anything we can adjust with our servers or interface that could compensate for this slowdown and resultant missed connections. It's been slow going. Like putting balloons on your mailbox to help people find your house when actually the bridge on your road is closed.

As those of you who've been here for a while know, we have had to move the site a number of times. Adjusting to new servers, upgrading software, and then the DDOS attacks have caused us a variety of problems. The tech team is on it. You all have our sincere apologies and shared frustration in this.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 11:26:16 pm by Kathryn »