General > Frauds

Scarlet Kinney's Allegedly Native Teacher

(1/6) > >>

educatedindian:
She's written to me as well as several others. I'm hoping we can pin down who this alleged female "Mohawk shaman" is who mixed together Mayan and even "Mongolian" beliefs.

"The alleged "Mohawk elder" who trained me was not an "elder" as she was not old enough to have been given that title....
I may indeed have been victimized, and/or taken in by a fraud myself, but that's neither my perception of my relationship with my teacher nor my perspective on such things. The woman I studied with had problems, yes, and her underlying hatred of white people became an issue for us that led to a parting of our ways. But I loved her and respected her, and still do, in part because I have some empathy for what she has endured as a mixed blood. She knew what was happening to me, and guided me safely through it. I was happy to pay her for her help, just as I would have paid a therapist or doctor, etc., had they been able to help me. I regret nothing about my relationship with her, and nor do I harbor any ill will towards her for the aftermath of our parting. Furthermore, whatever our differences may have been, I would defend her were she to be subjected to an attack such as the one I have been subjected to on your site. She is a human being, as we all are, and one who carries the wounds of her heritage in her own heart. When such wounds become hurtful behaviors or words directed at others, how can I then judge her and make her wrong, knowing what she herself has suffered, and knowing that she is trying to heal her own wounding by working within the white culture?
....My teacher may or may not have been a fraud. I don't think she was/is. At any rate, I understood her teachings to be a synthesis of women's ways from her own culture, and from Mongolian and Mayan cultures as well. She may have been working with a mandala model similar to those Tibetan monks work with. Whatever the case may be, I have found what I learned from her to be very deep and healing, as well as philosophically and psychologically sophistated."

Barnaby_McEwan:

--- Quote ---She's written to me as well as several others. I'm hoping we can pin down who this alleged female "Mohawk shaman" is who mixed together Mayan and even "Mongolian" beliefs.
--- End quote ---

It's "Ohky Simine Forest":

http://www.awakenedwoman.com/May/dreaming_council.htm

--- Quote ---Dreaming the Council Ways is a guidebook for the emerging shaman, the truly serious seeker, a deep and esoteric book melding the knowledge of Native American, specifically Mayan, and Mongolian shamanic traditions. Okhy Simine Forest speaks from her lifelong Mohawk identity and her many years of practice and involvement with these three traditions.
--- End quote ---

This page, I kid you not, says

--- Quote ---Ohky makes her home in Chiapas, Mexico and visits the United States several times a year, giving retreat seminars and conferences.
--- End quote ---

Le Weaponnier:
Her page leads like the lost chapters pf Mao Tse Tung's 'Little Red Book'.
It just screams communist people's revolutionary rhetoric.

Phraes like "bound to the dialectic of violence and liberty." and "No ideology can make true changes or true revolutions. Only the heart of the people can do that. "

So does this mean that all along, the New Ageer's are all 'Commies'?  

At least it makes for a good laugh.

Barnaby_McEwan:

--- Quote ---Her page leads like the lost chapters pf Mao Tse Tung's 'Little Red Book'.
It just screams communist people's revolutionary rhetoric.

Phraes like "bound to the dialectic of violence and liberty." and "No ideology can make true changes or true revolutions. Only the heart of the people can do that. "
--- End quote ---

I can't see any true Maoist giving up one of their favourite words, 'ideology'. I read those passages as repeating the old newage cliché about rising above the dirty world of politics and becoming 'spiritual', with a few 'political' words thrown in to interest her intended audience; vaguely left-leaning liberals. The Beatles were much less long-winded about it in their song 'Revolution'.

walking-soft:
I have been doing some research on Ohky Simine Forest and have found her to be more of an author of books concerning all the teaching Scarlet is talking about, also Red Lodge appears to be a on line book store.

Ohky states herself" surley I can try and understand the concepts of the ancient first inhabitants", and "I am more a historian than a practioner." taken from Dreaming the Council Ways: True Native Teachings from the Red Lodge.

Ohky was also a lecturer at Women's Well Spirituality Program. http://sunnefyre.tripod.com/ww.htm.

Ohky Gives a warning in her book that says" the author warns us against dabbling in various Spiritual traditions without first coming to an awareness that these traditions are based on ancient teachings that embrace a deep and lifelong commitment to Spiritual verities that have not changed over mellennia." Interesting comment having said she is more a historian than a practioner. I take that to mean don't dabble in things you have no right to do, ALL things come full circle, don't they???

Than added is "shamanic knowledge and practices which encompasses most of the book.

Seems contradictory to me. So did Scarlet read some books, listen to a few lectures and than begin her cultic teachings????

I will send a few emails and see what I get.
                                                 Wado

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version