Author Topic: Denise Iwaniw/ Star Nations  (Read 23566 times)

mermaidmom

Denise Iwaniw/ Star Nations
« on: November 29, 2015, 03:52:05 pm »
First, let me apologize ahead of time, I am new to this forum, so I am sure I will  unwittingly violate some protocols. My concerns are about a group called the Star Nations. It is made up of several women. However, there are two, that take are complete frauds. Sadly, I don't even know of they realize they are frauds. Denise's Facebook and various websites, site that she is a "sacred" pipe carrier, even calling referring to the pipe, in the Lakota language. Claiming to have studied with tribal elders, and medicine men and women. She is also sure to state her hourly rates  for healing. Her colleague Neshi, on the other hand, is despicable. She claims to "sacred" space clearing, while wearing a jingle dress, and using her eagle feather. I'm addition to her various drum making classes. She has her followers thinking she is the Native Messiah, or at least acts the part. She is an enrolled tribal individual, who exploiting Native people, putting her own little spin on things, making us out to be, (or at least her) mystical beings. All for the almighty dollar. If she were truly trying help people, she would be broke. Because truly gifted, talented people, will not charge huge dollar amounts to help those in need. Additionally, she does not appear to have many Native friends on her Facebook. Another clue, that she does not want exposure.

mermaidmom

Re: Denise Iwaniw/ Star Nations
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 02:55:09 am »
I also need to add, that Neshi was at one point (perhaps still is) an avid follower of Drunvalo. This guy is crazy! And has done his fair share of fraudulent activity.

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 05:54:37 am »
so do you have web site/facebook page or any evidence
In Spirit

Offline Ingeborg

• Friends
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 11:58:39 pm »
I ran across this person before but I cannot find the thread again...

However, being a 'pipe carrier' etc isn't Iwaniw's only way to fleece people for money - and everything she does cries "Nuage":

http://www.amazon.com/Mystic-Angels-Empowerment-Denise-Iwaniw/dp/0972200290

This is what Amazon says in presenting a 2010 book of Iwaniw:

About the Author
Denise Iwaniw is a Coptic minister, author, and intuitive teacher. As a clairvoyant medium, she conducts readings for men, women, and children from around the world. She lectures and teaches in the United States and abroad in a wide variety of areas, including psychic development, paths to spiritual enlightenment, and Reiki. She has written four books and produced five guided visualization CDs. Her latest book, A Year of Mystic Angels, and the Mystic Angels Empowerment Deck are now available. Each Monday evening at 8:00 PM EST, she hosts a weekly Internet television show entitled Mystic Journeys on the Soul's Journey TV Network: www.SoulsJourney.tv. Wednesday evenings finds Denise hosting her weekly Internet radio show, Balancing Heaven and Earth, on Soul's Journey Radio.

That Coptic business sounds a bit funny at first, but only as long as you don't look too close. Iwaniw has been doing lectures and events from them, but apparently is not doing so presently:

http://thecopticcenter.org/calendar/event/traveling-sacred-pathways-denise-iwaniw

http://thecopticcenter.org/sites/coptic/files/flyers/Traveling_Sacred_Pathways_2012.pdf

https://www.facebook.com/events/317208428386321/

Denise Iwaniw is an author, Coptic Minister, Sacred Pipe Carrier, and Thunder Dreamer. Denise lectures and teaches in the U.S. and abroad in the areas of spiritual development and balanced living. Denise has written four books and produced five guided visualization CDs, including A Year of Mystic Angels, and the Mystic Angels Empowerment Deck. Dedicated to the preservation of Native American Spirituality and Tradition, Denise is the founder and president of Gathering Thunder Foundation. Denise also hosts an IPAA award winning weekly internet radio show, "Balancing Heaven and Earth" on Soul’s Journey Radio.

http://www.e7thunders.com/documents/2012AshevilleCopticConference.pdf

This is a flyer promoting a Coptic Conference. Iwaniw is one of the speakers, and there's one Marina Raye who plays natice flute: „... Marina has been called a sonic shaman because of her mastery of the native flute“.

The flyer introduces several conference presenters:

- Robert Camp, a „master astrologer“, speaks on „The Science of the Cards and Astrology“

- John Davis - speaks on „How to Fulfill your Aquarian Destiny“
The intro further portrays Davis as "… an esoteric psychologist, counselor, author and numerologist. He is the director of Coptic Fellowship Internation, a philosophy based on the Mystery Schools of ancient Egypt."

Lori France - speaks on „In the footsteps of Hamid Bey“
Her intro claims: "She facilitates a daily study group via email on A Course in Miracles...".

Carl Franklin - speaks on „The Four Steps to Christ Consciousness“
The intro says:
"He channels the Higher Spiritual Realms and receives his information through dowsing. He determines a person's origins as to whether they carry Indigo, Crystal, or New enery... He has done over 3,000 Life Script readings, which allows one to look into their Akashic record... "

Apparently, this Ashland outfit and its fellow organisations aren't truly Coptic to begin with.
They were founded by a person who went by the name of Hamid Bey who allegedly taught them his version of Coptic faith, or probably some BS he made up. This person cannot be verified, as the name is most probably incomplete - Hamid is an Arabic first name (I'm not quite certain whether it is used by both Muslim and Christian Arabs, though), while Bey is a title. However, while we would say "Mr Smith" to one John Smith, in Arabic, this becomes Sayyed John, in Turkish, 'bey' is used and added behind the first name. So Mr Smith in Turkey would be addressed as "John-bey".
This causes several questions regarding the background of this Hamid Bey, and the info given by this 'Coptic' whatever doesn't provide much in the way of information either:
http://thecopticcenter.org/our-founder-%E2%80%94-hamid-bey

After W.W.I, Hamid decided to go to Italy and publicly demonstrate the powers he had learned in the temple training. He wanted to convince a skeptical world that there is much more to a man than the outer form. His intention was to place himself in a state of suspended animation and be buried alive six feet underground for three days.

In 1927, the magician Houdini, was attracting worldwide attention and announced that he could duplicate by mechanical ,means any so-called spiritual phenomenon ever produced. So Hamid Bey was sent to the United States in 1927 to challenge Houdini. Three weeks after Hamid arrived, Houdini died.

How convenient of Houdini....

Hamid, then not knowing any English or any of the customs, signed up as a vaudeville act under a binding two year contract. He spent the next two years, much to his disdain, doing his "act" on stage three times a day for sometimes heckling audiences. After that experience, he became great friends with Paramhansa Yogananda and traveled with him doing shows and lectures together.

To Maintain his temple rank of seven ring Master, Hamid had to return to Egypt every seven years and go through additional tests and examinations by his Master. In 1936, Hamid returned to Egypt [...]

So he went to the States in 1927, returning to Egypt in 1936. Every seven years?

Then there's this:
http://thecopticcenter.org/history-coptic-fellowship

The lineage of the Coptic Fellowship goes back thousands of years into unrecorded history. Through the ages the wisdom teachings of the ancient masters have been kept and guarded by secret organizations of the chosen few. The secret order called the White Brotherhood was formed in ancient Egypt to preserve the record of Truth. It was called the White Brotherhood because members wore pure white garments symbolic of the purity of their teachings, and met at the time of the full moon which is white in color. The Master Moses was an initiate of the White Brotherhood, and when the time approached for him to leave his physical body, he called together a chosen few to whom he entrusted the guardianship of the Truth. He gave them secret knowledge that was to be kept pure. Thus arose the secret order known as the Essenes, or the Essaioli. It was their duty to preserve the teaching of Moses through the centuries of turmoil and tempestuous times, and to prepare the way for the coming of the Messiah of the Piscean Age, Jesus.
Emphasis mine

BS? Well, if it walks like a duck, swims like a duck, quacks like a duck...

Another peculiarity about Coptic faith is that, in Egypt, they use the Coptic language in church. Coptic has ceased to be a spoken language in 17th century and was only preserved in Coptic liturgy, prayers etc. This means that same as in native cultures, a genuine Coptic minister will have to be able to speak the language. If Hamid Bey had no knoledge of Coptic language to pass to his US students, then he wasn't a Copt to begin with.

From the list of presenters at the above conference it also becomes plain that these people have a very limited knowledge of Coptic faith, if any at all, because Coptic faith also does not tolerate astrology, card reading etc.

What I found searching the NAFPS boards is one thread in which Hamid Bey gets mentioned:
http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=836.msg4387#msg4387

I haven't had a look at the Star Nations' site as of yet, but from what we got here, I'd say it is pretty obvious that Iwaniw is a Nuager employing various Nuage methods/theories/concepts, as long as these seem profitable.

mermaidmom

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2015, 01:33:03 am »
According to her Facebook there are several pictures of her with some women from Pine Ridge, one is named Dellmarie Bradfield. There was a some information of her and her group, conducting talking circles and speaking with elders (the caption on one picture) at the Great Dakota Gathering in Winona,MN. According to the Star Nations website this is her bio:

Offline loudcrow

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2015, 12:51:57 pm »
She is also known as Denise Lynn Cronk and is 53 years old.  I am assuming Cronk is her maiden name as there is a male named Steven Val Iwaniw
living in her household who is 52 years old.

Offline loudcrow

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2015, 02:04:41 pm »

Denise Lynne Iwaniw
United States Public Records
Name    Denise Lynne Iwaniw
Also Known As    Denise Lynn Cronk
2nd Also Known As Name    Denise Lynn Iwaniw
Residence Date    18 Jul 2001
Residence Place    Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
Birth Date    16 Nov 1962
Phone Number    (616) 866-0760
Phone Number Recorded Date    01 Jan 2009
Address    53 Manzana Ct NW Apt 3D
Address Continued    Grand Rapids, Michigan 49544
Address Date    18 Jul 2001
2nd Address    155 Michigan St NW
2nd Address Continued    Grand Rapids, Michigan 49503
2nd Address Date    01 May 1997
3rd Address    53 Manzana Ct NW Apt 3D
3rd Address Continued    Walker, Michigan 49544
3rd Address Date    01 Dec 1983-31 Dec 1996
Possible Relatives    Lois Jean Cronk, Shelly Kaye Cronk, Steven Val Iwaniw
Record Number    181025722
Citing this Record

"United States Public Records, 1970-2009," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:KYL4-BJ7 : accessed 2 December 2015), Denise Lynne Iwaniw, Residence, Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States; a third party aggregator of publicly available information.

Offline loudcrow

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2015, 02:53:17 pm »

Shelly Kaye Cronk
United States Public Records
Name    Shelly Kaye Cronk
Residence Date    30 Dec 2000-25 Mar 2008
Residence Place    Ada, Michigan, United States
Birth Date    21 Jun 1967
Phone Number    (616) 682-1908
Phone Number Recorded Date    25 Mar 2008
Address    986 Dogwood Meadows Dr SE
Address Continued    Ada, Michigan 49301
Address Date    30 Dec 2000-25 Mar 2008
2nd Address    3085 19 Mile Rd
2nd Address Continued    Kent City, Michigan 49330
2nd Address Date    01 Dec 1993
3rd Address    770 W 4th Ave # 39
3rd Address Continued    Sault Sainte Marie, Michigan 49783
3rd Address Date    01 Oct 1986
Possible Relatives    Denise Lynne Iwaniw, Don L Cronk Jr, Donald Lee Cronk Jr, Taylor Cronk
Record Number    180866218
Citing this Record

"United States Public Records, 1970-2009," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:KYL3-SGX : accessed 2 December 2015), Shelly Kaye Cronk, Residence, Ada, Michigan, United States; a third party aggregator of publicly available information.

No image available

United States Public Records, 1970-2009

Offline loudcrow

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2015, 02:58:30 pm »
My previous post refers to Shelly Kaye Scott who married Donald Cronk.

Offline loudcrow

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2015, 03:59:41 pm »
I can't find any record of Denise living in any state other than Michigan. I have not been able to locate her birth record so I am
moving forward with the assumption her maiden name is Cronk or Cronk is the surname of a previous husband. She is related to
Donald Lee Cronk and Lois Jean Cronk who appear as White on the U.S. Census records.

mermaidmom

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2015, 04:05:24 pm »
According to some things I have read on her, Denise says she is an apodted child.

Offline loudcrow

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2015, 04:30:06 pm »
Thanks for that information!

Offline Ingeborg

• Friends
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2015, 04:35:00 pm »
The adoption may be part of her legend. The biographical info she's given to various sites is:

http://www.soulsjourneyradio.com/about/denise-iwaniw/

A native of Georgia, Denise now lives with her family in Michigan.