Author Topic: Is this group for real? AIM PA  (Read 85740 times)

Offline NanticokePiney

Re: Is this group for real? AIM PA, Leonard Peltier's son
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2009, 04:44:17 pm »
 The one Yahoo Group talks about  "since we are not full bloods". I guess they know nothing about the CNO.  ::)

http://dir.groups.yahoo.com/groups/SecciCircle/message/150

Love the eagle feather post!

Offline Rattlebone

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2009, 06:27:15 pm »
The one Yahoo Group talks about  "since we are not full bloods". I guess they know nothing about the CNO.  ::)

http://dir.groups.yahoo.com/groups/SecciCircle/message/150

Love the eagle feather post!

Need to send the Department of wildlife a link to that.

Offline BlackWolf

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2009, 07:58:42 pm »
It being a fact............
             that not all Cherokees were enrolled, that thousands of Cherokees intermarried with other races, as well as other tribes, and chose to meld with white society long before the forced removal and these same Cherokee having children who in turn married Cherokee mixed bloods, thereby, perpetuating the Cherokee linage and, It being fact, not one Indian census or the US census is accurate up to and including 1990 and, It being fact that enrollment is closed in both the tribes of Cherokee, NC and Oklahoma and knowing there are hundreds of Cherokee mixed blood descendants desiring to belong and make a connection with their Cherokee roots, hence the incorporation of the S.E.C.C.I.

Everytime I turn around there's another Fake Cherokee Tribe to be seen!  I got this from the SECCI site.  I hear this kind of thing alot.  Wannabees who always claim that they are discriminated againts becaue they are not full blood and light skin.  hahahaha.  Shows how much they know about Cherokees.  CN enrollment is not closed.  If you have a direct link to Dawes, then your entitiled to enrollment. 

Offline bls926

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2009, 02:56:08 am »
They are supporting this petition:

http://www.petitiononline.com/runndn2/

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=498258675&blogId=509337807

I'm personally not real comfortable with them after finding this out.

They have been sending out lots of bulletins asking people to sign that petition, usually with subject headers like "Let's keep our traditions alive!!!!!!" .... Basically the same text as the blog post.

and another

http://www.myspace.com/lpdocpa

In another bulletin, they said this:

"A.I.M.-PA is autonomous,and although we are fighting sum of the same causes as the LPDOC-PA,we are not the same group.

"The Leonard Peltier support group of PA. is not A.I.M.-PA"

AIM PA may say they "are not the same group" as LPDOC-PA and technically that might be correct. They might not have all the same members; however, many of the members of the LPDOC Support Group in PA are also members of this new AIM Chapter. All the key players are members of both groups.

One thing I found interesting . . . They have very little support from other AIM Chapters. They have quite a bit of support from the various LPDOC SG's. Seems LPDOC is more familiar with them than AIM is.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 01:37:41 am by Kathryn »

Offline bls926

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2009, 03:05:04 am »
This thread should be part of is this group for real? Gene "Thunderwolf" is the "anonymous 36 year-old male" who heads up the new AIM Chapter in PA. He claims to be Cherokee and is enrolled with SECCI.

Offline NanticokePiney

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2009, 03:43:25 am »
This thread should be part of is this group for real? Gene "Thunderwolf" is the "anonymous 36 year-old male" who heads up the new AIM Chapter in PA. He claims to be Cherokee and is enrolled with SECCI.

I think this is a far more flattering picture of him. Don't you Bon?

http://www.facebook.com/mongoose.whisler

Bud in one hand, shooting the bird with the other. Another highly cultured and educated fellow.

Offline bls926

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2009, 04:08:59 am »

I think this is a far more flattering picture of him. Don't you Bon?

http://www.facebook.com/mongoose.whisler

Bud in one hand, shooting the bird with the other. Another highly cultured and educated fellow.

Don't know about flattering, but at least it's real. Definitely a different Thunderwolf than the one who drummed at the Peltier vigil back in July.

Offline tachia

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2009, 04:49:21 am »
just some more info .. .. and, i agree bls, this thread should be part of the already existing thread about "thunderwolf" AIM PA and LPDOC PA .. ..

gene "thunderwolf" - myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/resdog73
(wife) joy "blueflower - myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/joyblueflower

gene "thunderwolf" - his band - myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/theredcloudproject

Trad Dancer

« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2009, 09:04:34 pm »
Ok i have been thinking about all these comments here for a while and this is the conclusion i have come up with.

1.i know Gene Thunderwolf,hes a very good person with a great heart,and if he wants to go to his family reunion and drink some beer once in a while,theres no harm in that,also.so he flipped the bird......so what! weve all done that,and if u look at the LPDOC-PA pictures u will see a pic of him flippin the bird at the fbi agents there along with 2 of the other members,so thats NOT a different Thunderwolf than was at the vigil on july 28th.

2.who are any of u 2 judge him just because he is open minded,free thinking,and happy being himself?

3.What difference does it make that Gene is mixblood? What difference would it make if he was chinese and russian,as long as his intentions are good?

4.if everyone here put as much support in this new group as they are hating them,we could reach more of our goals faster.

5.if the world ran on hatred instead of money pennsylvania would be the riches terrory in the world.

6.i know Joy as well and she would never mean any harm using the Nanticoke flag as her bloodline,she is a very good individual,and i think its rediculous that anyone would think otherwise.Her father is Nanticole and just because hes not registered doesnt mean hes not Nanticoke!does not mean shes not Nanticoke!! so all of u who think u r better tha her because

Trad Dancer

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2009, 09:30:46 pm »
probably because they are autonomous.

Offline NanticokePiney

« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2009, 10:26:16 pm »
6.i know Joy as well and she would never mean any harm using the Nanticoke flag as her bloodline,she is a very good individual,and i think its rediculous that anyone would think otherwise.Her father is Nanticole and just because hes not registered doesnt mean hes not Nanticoke!does not mean shes not Nanticoke!! so all of u who think u r better tha her because

That's not the Nanticoke Flag. That is the copyrighted logo of the Nanticoke Lenni-Lenape's 501c. Since she is not enrolled with them, nor did she have their council's approval she has no right to use it.
  There is no Nanticoke flag. There are 3 seperate Nanticoke Tribes in New Jersey and Delaware and Nanticoke descendants among the Haude in Canada.

Offline bls926

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2009, 08:02:40 am »
American Indian Movement of Pennsylvania has now become Autonomous A.I.M. of PA. Negative comments about NAFPS and the discussion we're having here. We were called "close minded" and "egotistical". There's a "special shout out to TRAD DANCER" for her support.

Since Roy obviously wanted us all to know how he felt about this thread, I decided to copy his comments.

Oct 6 2009 6:58 AM

NAFPS FORUM.....from the back and forth rhetoric and unfounded allegations and much accumulated negativity,one can only assume as history has proven,that the NAFPS FORUM is comprised of mostly colonial mentality and european ideas,the sort of folks that took so much and imposed thier will on us in the first place,from me personaly to you NAFPS FORUM,...TAKE A HIKE AGITATORS,TAKE YOUR DISSENTION AND NEGATIVITY ELSEWHERE,obviously you folks aint skins or for any movement thats for people in a good way,bury your heads somewhere and think of your actions and remarks and ask creator to humble you some,perhaps then we can better get aquanted,ROY

http://www.myspace.com/aim-pa
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 08:07:51 am by bls926 »

Offline Don Naconna

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2009, 05:40:51 pm »
This group sounds like a fraud to me. I lived in PA for 20+ years and never heard of them. People take advantage of the fact that woth no state or federal tribes in the state almost everyone claims to be an Indian, black white or other. My question is what is this group doing, collecting funds on behalf of the legitimate AIM organisation, calling themselves a tribe like the SECC or trying to ge recognition as a tribe? What is apparent is that they are NOT Indians.

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2009, 05:49:46 pm »
American Indian Movement of Pennsylvania has now become Autonomous A.I.M. of PA. Negative comments about NAFPS and the discussion we're having here. We were called "close minded" and "egotistical". There's a "special shout out to TRAD DANCER" for her support.

Since Roy obviously wanted us all to know how he felt about this thread, I decided to copy his comments.

Oct 6 2009 6:58 AM

NAFPS FORUM.....from the back and forth rhetoric and unfounded allegations and much accumulated negativity,one can only assume as history has proven,that the NAFPS FORUM is comprised of mostly colonial mentality and european ideas,the sort of folks that took so much and imposed thier will on us in the first place,from me personaly to you NAFPS FORUM,...TAKE A HIKE AGITATORS,TAKE YOUR DISSENTION AND NEGATIVITY ELSEWHERE,obviously you folks aint skins or for any movement thats for people in a good way,bury your heads somewhere and think of your actions and remarks and ask creator to humble you some,perhaps then we can better get aquanted,ROY

http://www.myspace.com/aim-pa

They really should know what they're talking about before looking foolish. We have actual AIM members here at NAFPS, and we've worked with actual AIM chapters from the beginning, far longer than anyone at AIM PA. Plus many traditionalists, representatives of reserves, etc. How long have we been fighting the good fight? Literally 100 times longer than this chapter that's only been around for weeks...

The ironic thing is this thread is mostly dominated by concerns that the members of AIM PA are themselves being used, possibly being "approved" by someone who has no such power to approve their chapter.

But keep in mind these are mostly fairly young people, mostly well intentioned I think, but naive and unaware of how to do things the right way just yet. They're just starting to get their feet wet, and hopefully they'll mature enough to know the facts before shooting themselves in the foot again and smearing a group that does the same kind of work they hope to someday do.

Offline bls926

« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2009, 03:01:06 am »
Ok i have been thinking about all these comments here for a while and this is the conclusion i have come up with.

1.i know Gene Thunderwolf,hes a very good person with a great heart,and if he wants to go to his family reunion and drink some beer once in a while,theres no harm in that,also.so he flipped the bird......so what! weve all done that,and if u look at the LPDOC-PA pictures u will see a pic of him flippin the bird at the fbi agents there along with 2 of the other members,so thats NOT a different Thunderwolf than was at the vigil on july 28th.

Actually, the can of Budweiser is the problem.
AIM's principals: Sovereignty, Solidarity, Spirituality, and Sobriety

2.who are any of u 2 judge him just because he is open minded,free thinking,and happy being himself?

Is he really "happy being himself"? Or does he wannabe someone else?

3.What difference does it make that Gene is mixblood? What difference would it make if he was chinese and russian,as long as his intentions are good?

I don't think anyone has a problem with Gene being "mixblood". I've got a problem with the SECCI. This group is on the Cherokee Task Force list of fraudulent tribes. I also have a problem with people who aren't honest about who they are.

4.if everyone here put as much support in this new group as they are hating them,we could reach more of our goals faster.

I don't think anyone here hates this "new group". However, it's a little difficult to support them when they disregard what the Nations say, belittle the importance of Tribal enrollment, ridicule the idea of blood quantum, and advocate the sale and/or ownership of illegal eagle feathers. I'm not so sure we have the same goals.

5.if the world ran on hatred instead of money pennsylvania would be the riches terrory in the world.

I grew up in Pennsylvania and still call it home; I've never found the people hateful. I know the state is full of wannabes and pretendians and that's a problem.

Piney already replied to this.