Author Topic: LillyPilly  (Read 2975 times)

Offline LillyPilly

LillyPilly
« on: August 01, 2013, 02:33:35 pm »
I found this forum while looking for information regarding Rachel Holzwarth/ GrandmotherDrum and associates; the info listed here has been extremely enlightening, and I know I would have struggled for a long time if it were not for this forum!

I first came across GD when a little article elsewhere mentioned issues raised regarding the Australian tour. Nothing was mentioned about Holzwarth herself, only the energetic compromise caused by the drum within the land, and the work undertaken to rectify it.

So, it was a bit of a shock to see the extent of Holzwarth's activities and also bemusement as to how it was so readily accepted here [oz] and moreso the involvement of some elders from various Nations of Australia.

The Marlo Morgan fraud was extensively addressed by Dumbartung, but I can only find vague inference of impropriety with the likes of Lynn V Andrews relating to Australia, and pretty much nothing but praise for Holzwarth/Drum/Whirling Rainbow....

The only dissent seens to have been from some of the Adnyamathanha community in South Australia, and that is more to do with an associate's [Deborah Nanschild] activities rather than Holzwarth [although distrust is shown regarding her].

The whole situation leaves me feeling quite uneasy, and makes me wonder about the naivety of the Australian psyche in general [of all people here]. Do others have the same perception of the ozzy culture?

But! As for me, I am not of any skin that I am aware of. My heritage is mainly of Irish RC descent. I've attempted to learn as much as I can regarding Indigenous culture here, but will confess I'm still a bit raw when it comes to NDN stuff. [apologies]

So, many thanks for accepting my membership, and the opportunity to discern what is going on. I have read through a lot of the threads, particularly the new member stuff and again offer thanks for both the invaluable information offered and the goodwill in which it is expressed!

Offline E propinqua

Re: LillyPilly
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 09:21:37 am »
Hello LillyPilly! I'm from Australia too and agree with your points. Yes...we are very naive here. I had a look at Holzwarth after finding out about her in your post and was astounded...No shame.