Author Topic: Re: Kiesha Crowther - "Little Grandmother"  (Read 1150444 times)

Offline Freija

• I Love YaBB 2!
Re: Re: Kiesha Crowther - "Little Grandmother"
« Reply #570 on: December 27, 2010, 09:40:30 am »
Does anyone recognize the pictographs in the background of this page http://littlegrandmother.net/WorkshopsandTalks.aspx. Another blatant misuse in my books.

All I can say is that I don´t think it is from Sweden. We have loads of rockcarvings, but these are painted, not carved. That´s what it looks like anyway.....

Offline Spandex~Atom

« Reply #571 on: December 27, 2010, 02:17:16 pm »
Here's a better view:
http://littlegrandmother.net/images/petroglyphs.jpg

and here:
http://betseylewis.com/PETROGLYPHS.aspx
(this is the same image)

We filled our drinking water supplies and ate lunch at Corn Creek and then floated to the Legend Creek pictographs.:
http://www.pprr.org/Stories/StoryIdaho2002.htm
(3/4 down page on left)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 02:47:05 pm by Spandex~Atom »

Offline WineHippie

« Reply #572 on: December 27, 2010, 03:44:29 pm »
"Very recently, Kiesha called the tribal council office to inquire about her official standing in the tribe. She was told that Falling Feathers had not acted with the permission of the tribal council—therefore she was not recognized officially by the tribe. You can imagine how shocked and dismayed she was to find this out."

has anyone any info on this "falling feathers" person?
does s/he exist even?

Offline Lodro

« Reply #573 on: December 27, 2010, 04:59:35 pm »
Now she is blaming the native america preceptor who "initiated" her, for not having done it the right way? However it's clear she's jumping the gun now. All native american references will be removed from how she practices.

revealer

« Reply #574 on: December 27, 2010, 05:27:24 pm »
"Very recently, Kiesha called the tribal council office to inquire about her official standing in the tribe. She was told that Falling Feathers had not acted with the permission of the tribal council—therefore she was not recognized officially by the tribe. You can imagine how shocked and dismayed she was to find this out."
Is there a URL for the source quoted here ?

« Reply #575 on: December 27, 2010, 06:05:14 pm »
Now she is blaming the native america preceptor who "initiated" her, for not having done it the right way? However it's clear she's jumping the gun now. All native american references will be removed from how she practices.

That's great.. now if she would also drop all the references to all other sources she is trampling on.   
press the little black on silver arrow Music, 1) Bob Pietkivitch Buddha Feet http://www.4shared.com/file/114179563/3697e436/BuddhaFeet.html

Offline Mia

« Reply #576 on: December 27, 2010, 06:19:24 pm »
Hmmm, wouldn't you have called the tribal office to check your standing BEFORE you set up all those appointments and taken all that money?  ::) Maybe we should call the tribal offices just to check and see if she actually called...

Offline Smart Mule

• Administrator
« Reply #577 on: December 27, 2010, 06:21:35 pm »

has anyone any info on this "falling feathers" person?
does s/he exist even?

I checked the obits for CSKT back to the first of the year.  Kieshas handler claim falling feathers recently crossed however there is no mention of such a person.

Offline goozih

« Reply #578 on: December 27, 2010, 06:25:30 pm »
WOW!.... LOL.......AWESOME.....I know it's not finished but you all did an awesome job in outing this fraud....I love this site...LOL....LOL... :D ;) :) 8) :o :) ;) :D ;D 8)

Offline goozih

« Reply #579 on: December 27, 2010, 06:28:59 pm »
Did she apologize for the bad names she called us? ;D

revealer

« Reply #580 on: December 27, 2010, 07:51:15 pm »
Well, this is possibly good.  At least better.

Seems like the names 'Little Grandmother' and 'Tribe of Many Colors' are still very Native American influenced.  Those should go as well and be replaced with other names.

It sounds like she is blaming Falling Feathers and only partly her own misunderstanding.  But she is still relying on supposed 'elders' and the 'Continental Council' which just don't appear genuine.   How you go from your own misunderstanding to making those wild claims does show a lack of understanding and care which should make thinking people realize she is still the same person inside.

If she wanted to really help people she would leave the entire business right now, take a couple of years off, get some real spiritual guidance, work with impoverished folks, and then see what she should do next.   There is way too much mud on the current thing/image/names to pick it up and move it forward.

And of course if she wants some integrity moving forward some kind of video apologies to the Salish and Sioux, all native tribes, her followers, the general public, and folks who confronted her false stance should be in order.   Not holding my breath on that.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 08:54:06 pm by revealer »

revealer

« Reply #581 on: December 27, 2010, 08:17:41 pm »
So is Don Alejandro Oxlaj that Kiesha refers to an authentic Mayan leader ?

And do we know what Kiesha is thinking when she says that they 'recognize' her as a shaman ?   Or is she just making more assumptions?

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #582 on: December 27, 2010, 08:21:13 pm »
http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=3076.0

As you will see the Call to Action linked above, Crowther is right now booked for some upcoming appearances (there's also one in New Mexico). In her bio on that "Prophets" site, she still makes all her false "Sioux/Salish Shaman" claims, complete with publicity photos in her fake, offensive regalia. That's why there's now a grassroots effort to stop her.

And as Sky and Al have posted multiple times now: There is zero evidence that "Falling Feathers" ever existed.

The passing of an honoured Elder, heck, the passing of any member of a close-knit tribal community like we are discussing, would not only be noted in their records, it would have been discussed openly. It would be noted in the tribal newspaper and probably the local mainstream papers, as well.  The death of elders is not the part of tribal ways that is kept secret.

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #583 on: December 27, 2010, 08:24:13 pm »
Revealer, I don't care what Kiesha is thinking. I care that she is harming NDN peoples and traditions with her false statements. I'm tired of psychoanalyzing her;  we've done enough of that. Now that we have thoroughly debunked her it's time to stop her - via continued education of those who would be fooled by her and by peaceful but firm protest.

As for Oxlaj/Perez, he has already been discussed multiple times in this thread, and in other threads on the board. You can link to those discussions if you wish, as obviously he is one of the people Crowther is trying to use for authorization, but I would keep specific discussions about him in his own thread and keep this one focused on Crowther. Thanks.

Though I would like it confirmed or denied if he ever "authorized" her in any way. Again, see the research on the first pages of this thread for his connections to the newage "council" they try to pass off as an Elder's Council.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 01:35:40 am by Kathryn »

Offline AlaskaGrl

« Reply #584 on: December 27, 2010, 10:31:04 pm »
May I also suggest utilizing Twitter to get the word out on Kiesha and other Plastics.  You can direct specific places for the Tweets to go (called Tags  #) such as #Shaman  #Pagan  #Shamanic   #2012  #Newage (your State or Country)  etc.  Tweets are Global.   I've been posting Kiesha videos all over these locations, along with other videos specifically about the fakes.   If everyone can get a Twitter account (they are free) it's a simple matter to post and saturate the market regarding the Fakes.   

Twitter.com
Twitter Basics http://support.twitter.com/groups/31-twitter-basics   

There are also Meetup Groups you can Join, which are pretty much everywhere, such as  Pagan   Shaman  Shamanic   Wicca  etc...
to let them know about Plastics.  Search for your area groups here to saturate 
http://www.meetup.com/find/

Lindaa.