Author Topic: can't post - timed out - error message - trouble logging out - notice of hacking attempt  (Read 49352 times)

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
I just got an email saying that there was a failed log in attempt to this account
I never tried to log in so is someone trying to hack in???
In Spirit

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
Re: Got notice
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 09:05:10 pm »
Yes. Someone tried to log in to your account. This has happened to a number of people recently. We have installed new security features and are investigating the source of these attempts. Make sure your password is impossible to guess, and don't hesitate to contact a member of the mod/admin team if you have any problems, questions, or relevant data about who did it.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 11:59:56 pm »
If anyone else gets one of these notices, it would help us a lot if you could PM a copy to one of the mods. We're pretty sure we've got the IPs that are being used, but just in case we miss any, your data could be very helpful. Thanks.

Offline Smart Mule

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 02:33:03 am »
Also you may get an error message that you timed out and that you need to log out and log back in. This happened to me and I was unable to log out. I ended up closing out explorer, clearing my history, cookies and cache and was then able to log back in.

Offline KrazyKraut

• Psiram
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 12:35:05 pm »
We added a mod that automatically bans IPs with repeated failed attempts. If you trigger this by accident, you get a ticket number. Provide this ticket number to support at newagefraud dot org to get your ban lifted.

Offline nemesis

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2011, 09:52:21 am »
Also you may get an error message that you timed out and that you need to log out and log back in. This happened to me and I was unable to log out. I ended up closing out explorer, clearing my history, cookies and cache and was then able to log back in.

I had exactly the same problem and was unable to log in for a couple of days

Offline AnnOminous

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2011, 08:13:27 am »
I haven't been able to post for several days.  I kept getting the message that session had timed out, try again.  I wasn't able to log out after several attempts either.

Finally got logged out, logged back in, and was able to post.

Offline nemesis

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2011, 09:20:46 am »
Ann

I kept on having this problem also.

I would recommend that you only log on for an hour each time and make sure that you log out when you leave the site.

This seems to help.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2011, 09:24:32 pm »
When you can't log out or in, make sure you clear your cookies. If you don't want to redo other active log-ins on other sites, you may need to go to your options or tools and see what cookies are there and specifically remove all cookies from newagefraud.org.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 11:36:07 pm by Kathryn »

Offline AnnOminous

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2011, 04:35:17 am »
I guess it is a problem at my end.  I can post, log in/out on IE but can't do either through Google Chrome.
Frustrating.

Offline nemesis

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2011, 08:13:05 am »
Ann

I'm not sure that the problem is entirely your end as a few people started to experience the same problem at exactly the same time as the boards were being subjected to failed log in attempts on various accounts.

I am not a techie, so may be wrong about this but I think it is a problem caused by someone else but that can be sorted out via clearing cookies and not staying logged in for long periods.

Offline KrazyKraut

• Psiram
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2011, 10:16:36 am »
No, I think this is a bad side effect of some of the modules we had to install to harden us against the attacks. I will be working on this, but you have to be patient. This is a difficult problem and will require some coding and customization.

Offline Pono Aloha

can't post - timed out
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2011, 08:31:17 pm »
Hi, I've been getting an error message, Your session timed out while posting. Please try to re-submit your message. First I got it while trying to post from my ipad, then when in Firefox on my laptop, but I could always go to IE and post. Now can't post in IE either. Thanks for your help.

Offline Pono Aloha

Re: can't post - timed out
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2011, 08:32:36 pm »
Except, obviously, I was just able to post! BTW, I just tried it when I opened in IE, and immediately pasted into the box, so it wasn't like I was actually timed out. Thanks.

Offline Pono Aloha

Re: can't post - timed out
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2011, 08:56:45 pm »
Just posted, using Firefox on laptop ... so it's intermittent  :(