Author Topic: Cherry Valley Farm, Retreat, & Cate Crow's plagiarized fake cancer cures  (Read 44061 times)

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
Re: Cherry Valley Farm, Retreat, & Cate Crow's plagiarized fake cancer cures
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2014, 12:26:16 am »
https://www.facebook.com/groups/172978709397431/permalink/599436476751650/

Nancy Huber
8 March 2013

These Rites were only given to the most talented Shaman in each generation for millenniums. Now is the time of the eagle / condor prophecy when these Rites may be given to ordinary people like you and me. The eagle and condor have now been seen flying in the same skies.

Many of you have received a calling from Spirit, and long to make a difference in this world. You will know if you resonate with these.

The first four, the Foundation Rites are given and with fire ceremony are encouraged to grow and be assimilated. Once this happens, any where from one to eight months or more, you will be ready to receive the Transformational Rites. The first four Rites are the Healers Rite, Bands of Power, the Harmony Rite and the Seers Rite. The next 5 are Day Keepers Rite, Wisdom Keepers Rite, Earth Keepers Rite, Star Keepers Rite and the Creator Rite. The Transformational Rites change your DNA, how you age and heal, and prepare you for the times to come. You become homo luminous. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. Once you have all nine you may gift them to others and register your name on www.munay-ki.org so people in your area can find you.

“The new caretakers of the Earth will come from the West, and those who have made the greatest impact on Mother Earth now have the moral responsibility to remake their relationship with Her, after remaking themselves.” Don Antonia Morales

The eight and ninth Rite has only been given by Spirit until 1996, when they became able to be transmitted human to human.

In order to honour the Shamans who gave us these Rites, we do not charge, only ask for Donations.
At 304 Court St Newmarket L3Y 3S5 1-4pm
To register 905-895-2871 Space is limited.
www.cherryvalleyretreat.com

bolding added.

And this... “The new caretakers of the Earth will come from the West, and those who have made the greatest impact on Mother Earth now have the moral responsibility to remake their relationship with Her, after remaking themselves.” Is profoundly offensive. It's the usual fake Rainbow Prophecy, the "all the white people will be Indians / and all the Indians will be ghosts" thing, but now in South American drag. Hideous, racist and genocidal. Anyone who perpetuates this should be ashamed of themselves.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 01:20:39 am by Yells At Pretendians »

ian bear

« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2014, 04:27:17 pm »
I sent email to my friend Cate when her cousin dying of cancer in 2002 she did not know source then. I did not include source why would I in personal email. she sent that email to Nancy of cherry valley.  I sent her the name of book years ago when another family was diagnose with cancer. You all jump on her so fast she screw up with what she is trying to tell you. she apologize and you block it. she did not say so what??? she said what??? you add the word so. Cate include the source in her native cancer tea articel. she gave source to Nancy of cherry valley. she told me she never say it was told directly to her in here or anywhere.  she said it came straight from the lips of Ojibway medicine man and it did. I said that to her. Cate ask Nancy to remove it from her site but I say put it back up. it was not workshop just info posted. how can Cate defend herself when you block her. she delete everything after block when she could not reply then you ban her. Essiac Black Root Medicine, four directions medicine is not fraud. (posted link in Essiac) AIM Essiac: Natures Cancer Cure
I know Cate for 14 years. she is not liar and plagarier she helps animals and was teacher of native history. her Cree brother is well known native artist in Manitoba.
burdock sheep sorrel and rhubarb were in Ontario in 1800s

Wild Edible Plants of Ontario
A foraging guide covering wild edible plants of Ontario (Canada) including the Toronto, Ottawa and Hamilton areas and the Georgian Bay Islands, Pukaskwa, Bruce Peninsula, Point Pelee, and St. Lawrence Islands National Parks.
View on northernbushcraft.com

Cate says hi and sorry for not writing source in here

Offline Smart Mule

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2014, 01:52:35 am »
Hello ian bear friend of Cate,

If you read the article you provided, you would have noticed that it states that Rene Caisse altered the original recipe that was given to her by one of her patients, not directly by a medicine person.  So her saying that the recipe "came straight from the lips of Ojibway medicine man" is not true.

Traditional medicine is certainly not fraud however essiac is not traditional medicine.  Rene Caisse stated so herself.

I'm glad you are a good friend to Cate.  I would ask you to please try and understand that though she may have told you she was completely honest the fact remains she wasn't.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 11:03:16 pm by NAFPS Housekeeping »

ian bear

« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2014, 02:50:26 am »
Hello

Cate meant well. she has GAD/PTSD/CFS. her memory is bad and things get jumbled but loyal good friend.

I copy this because I do not write good. I am 74 and have parkinson disease.

Don Cardinal, a Cree medicine man in Canada, believed the herbal blend of sheep sorrel, burdock root, slippery elm bark, and rhubarb root were keys to the treatment of cancer. Don Cardinal's Cree name was Kiweeten, or Healer of the North. Of the original Ojibwa brew, Cardinal said, “It is important that the herbs are mixed in the correct proportions. When I pick the herbs myself, I always say a prayer and make my offering of tobacco to say thank you to the Creator for giving us these herbs. Even when I do not gather the herbs myself, when I buy them, in case those who gathered them did not offer thanks, I always say a prayer and make an offering before I use them.”

A Maryland woman, Suzanne
Bower, then 41, developed breast
cancer in January 1992. She
learned about Essiac through her
work with Native American crafts
and consulted the Cree healer
Don Cardinal.
“I had a full mastectomy. One and-a-half
years later, I found a
nodule on the same side. I was
told again I had the same form
of breast cancer,” Bower said. “I
had the nodule removed and was
given seven weeks of radiation
therapy and four treatments of
chemotherapy.”
“I felt very sick. I could hardly
exist for a whole week. I was
bedridden. I had mouth sores,
vomiting, loss of hair. I had to
take needles in the stomach to
regulate my blood cells. I was
dehydrated, had constipation, and
had a hard time eating. I could
only take liquids.” Bower said.
“I spoke to Don Cardinal before
I went on chemo. He said I did
not have to go on chemo, just
take Essiac tea in large doses.
He told me he helped a woman
with ovarian cancer where the
tumour could be seen pushing
through the skin. He saw the
tumour reduced with the herbal
tea. I decided to do conventional
and traditional at the same time,”
Bower said.
“I sensed Essiac tea strengthened
me. I could feel my blood
had more power, more oxygen.
I wasn’t weak. My digestion was
better. I felt strong. I felt positive,
it helped with my constipation.
During this time, I had a car accident
and suffered broken ribs.
Essiac shortened the healing
time,” Bower said.
“I had no side-effects from the
herbal tea at all, and I’m very
sensitive to medicine. It was very
inexpensive for what it can do
for you.
The Essiac formulation has
actually been found to be helpful
for arthritis, diabetes, multiple sclerosis,
hypoglycaemia, chronic fatigue
syndrome, prostate and urinary
problems, and ulcers, as well as
malignancies, various forms of
cancer, and other health problems.

Rene Caisse substitute turkey rhubarb (less bitter) for ordinary rhubarb but both good

In a letter written to the Canadian minister of Health, Dr. E. Bruce Hendrick, M.D., chief of the Division of Neurosurgery at the Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto, stated: “There are some 10 patients with surgically treated tumors of the central nervous system who have escaped from conventional methods of therapy including both radiation and chemotherapy.
The patients who were started on Essiac, in 8 out of the 10 patients, there has been a significant improvement in their neurological state.
I am impressed with the effectiveness of the treatment and the lack of side effects.
I feel that Essiac should be given serious consideration.”

In july 1991, the Canadian Journal of Herbalism published
an article, "Old Ontario Remedies,"
about Essiac. The article gives specific information on the ingredients
of Essiac and includes descriptions of the herbs; Sheep's sorrel, burdock, slippery elm and rhubarb.
   The article also warns of high oxalic acid content in two of the herbs making the remedy unsafe for persons with kidney ailments or arthritic conditions.
   This article concludes: "Essiac is not a hoax or fraud.
To hear experiences described by the patients themselves cannot help
but convince observers that dramatic and beneficial changes definitely
took place in many who received the remedy.
Although the focus on Essiac has been as a cancer treatment,
it alleviated and sometimes cured many chronic and degenerative
conditions because it cleanses the blood as well as the liver and
strengthens the immune system."
Ontario Herbalists Association: July 1991 issue, Vol xii, No iii of the
Canadian Journal of Herbalism.

I say my peace and wish you well
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 02:31:36 am by NAFPS Housekeeping »

• Global Moderator
Looking at the stuff Ian posted above, I'm seriously considering deleting that, too, for the safety of readers. Essiac not only does not help with hypoglycemia, Burdock will further lower blood sugar. Thankfully, burdock is not very strong (it's weak enough to be eaten as a food in its fresh form). But for someone with severe hypoglycemia, they could go into a very dangerous state - a low blood sugar coma - from consuming high doses of the dried or concentrated root. And as stated in the essiac thread http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=3226.0  other ingredients in essiac can also aggravate arthritis. I've never heard of it actually improving any of the conditions in that laundry list.

While most of the herbs in it, if used properly, can help certain conditions, it is criminal that this is being pushed onto desperate people as a cure-all.

Autumn

Looking at the stuff Ian posted above, I'm seriously considering deleting that, too, for the safety of readers. Essiac not only does not help with hypoglycemia, Burdock will further lower blood sugar. Thankfully, burdock is not very strong (it's weak enough to be eaten as a food in its fresh form). But for someone with severe hypoglycemia, they could go into a very dangerous state - a low blood sugar coma - from consuming high doses of the dried or concentrated root. And as stated in the essiac thread http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=3226.0  other ingredients in essiac can also aggravate arthritis. I've never heard of it actually improving any of the conditions in that laundry list.

While most of the herbs in it, if used properly, can help certain conditions, it is criminal that this is being pushed onto desperate people as a cure-all.

I was trying to find the source of the article Ian Bear posted regarding Suzanne Bower and this thread on the Complaints Board with the title "NAFPS" came up.  It makes for interesting reading and we are called every name in the book.  It shows the same information that Ian Bear posted above.  There are three pages to the "Complaints" and most of the Essaic information is on the second page.

Most of the people posting on the thread are Doug A., Cate Crow, and Reality Check4u (also Cate Crow under another alias).  Doug A. was outraged that we started a thread on Two Feathers who had posted an article about Essaic on his website under the AIM logo.  The thread is here and I started it:

http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=4515.msg39152#msg39152

IMO, if you delete Ian's post and then just refer them to the Complaint Site, they will find everything there:

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/nafps-california-c235765.html
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 11:02:44 pm by NAFPS Housekeeping »

Offline penelope

Hi! I am the widow of the late Don Cardinal (my real name is Allison). He passed away in May 2008. He was Woods Cree from the Sucker Creek First Nation in Northern Alberta (on the southwest tip of Lesser Slave Lake). His Cree name was Kiwetinohk Enipawit or "Standing North Wind." In the late 1960s, Don and his (better known) brother, Harold Cardinal, were Vice President and President of the Indian Association of Alberta and worked with the Alberta Indian Chiefs to produce the 1970 "Citizens Plus" (aka The White Paper) that was their response to Canadian Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau's attempts to abolish the Indian Act with his government's controversial "White Paper."

My husband did live on Long Island, New York, for a number of years and ran a sweat lodge at Garvies Point preserve (Glen Cove, Long Island). Thus, it is very possible he met Suzanne Bower. I did not meet Don until 1994, so have no knowledge of whether or not the meeting with Suzanne actually occurred. Don was traditionally trained by his grandfather and great Grandfather in Northern Alberta, but also travelled extensively throughout Canada and the US - including Ontario - and worked in Sault Ste. Marie, Elliot Lake, Thunder Bay, Kenora, Fort Frances and White Dog. He and I moved back up to Canada in 2000 and lived in Seven Sisters Falls, Manitoba, until his death.

Don used herbal medicines in his work. I do know that he used the four herbs in the mixture called "Essiac" and then added additional herbs to them to create a mixture he used to treat cancer and use as a body cleanser. I am not sure where he first heard of Essiac, but he did believe that if the herb mixture had been given to someone by an Ojibway "Medicine Man," the man would not have divulged all of the ingredients because that was not the way it was done. (He told me that the four herbs were only part of the formula). There were also times when Don would just suggest to people that they go to the health food store and get the Essiac mixture - he did so when he did not have the ingredients with him. My mother actually drank it when she was diagnosed with colon cancer and it did shrink her tumor by about 1/2 between the time determined the size of it until when the doctors operated on her to remove it. It is a very gentle medicine - it tastes almost like celery juice - and my mother liked the taste. My mother lived another 5 years after her initial diagnosis and operation, but she did eventually succumb to the cancer.

The Essiac herbs do help with constipation and digestion - even my mother noticed that. Don was not a big fan of chemo, but would not talk a person out of it if they wanted to pursue the Chemo. He did, however, suggest that they drink the Essiac while undergoing the Chemo. Most of the people who chose to take Essiac along with Chemotherapy felt that the Essiac did help lesson the side effects of the Chemo.

Don did much of his work in the Sweat Lodge -his preferred method of healing was in the sweat lodge, but he supplemented his work with herbal medicines. Before he died, he worked for 4 years as the Traditional Physician at the Aboriginal health and Wellness Centre in Winnipeg, manitoba. There he met with and counseled clients and gave out herbal medicines if needed. He had a core group of medicines he used that were taught to him by Elders and herbalists from where he grew up, but he learned many things in his travels. In addition, he was open to trying new herbs and may have incorporated Essiac into his "pharmacy" after trying it out and refining the ingredients.

Here is a link to an article about him written after his passing: http://www.ammsa.com/content/don-cardinal-footprints
Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Offline Smart Mule

• Administrator
Hello Penelope,

My condolences on the loss of your husband.

I don't think anyone has an issue with Traditional Medicines used in a traditional setting. The issue here is the commodification of Traditional Medicines and individuals who use plagiarism and unscrupulous tactics, for example being involved with institutions that promote cultural appropriation and the like.

You said,
I do know that he used the four herbs in the mixture called "Essiac" and then added additional herbs to them to create a mixture he used to treat cancer and use as a body cleanser. I am not sure where he first heard of Essiac, but he did believe that if the herb mixture had been given to someone by an Ojibway "Medicine Man," the man would not have divulged all of the ingredients because that was not the way it was done. (He told me that the four herbs were only part of the formula).

That is precisely the point :)

« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 02:32:16 am by NAFPS Housekeeping »

Offline penelope

I agree, Sky. And thank you for your kind condolences.

The commodification of Traditional medicines was a concern of my husband's - although he did not use that term for it. He was very suspicious of Western physicians and researchers for that reason. When his brother Harold was ill in a hospital in Edmonton a few months before he passed away, the hospital's physicians actually had a meeting with Harold's family and my husband to talk about a Traditional remedy that the family wanted Harold to take while in the hospital. After going through the usually lecture about how the herbal medicines could react badly with the Western Medicines, they demanded that my husband disclose every ingredient in the medicine. My husband refused as he did not believe that the medicine would interact negatively with the Western medicine his brother was taking. He also did not want them taking the ingredients, testing them, and possibly selling the information to a pharmaceutical company. The family ended up waiting until Harold was released from the hospital to give him the Traditional medicine.

What these commercial pharmaceutical companies (and these wannabe healers) do not understand is that it is not just about the plant - it is also about the Traditional Healer's relationship with the plant and with the Creator, as well as how the plant is harvested and prepared. Don shared with me about how some of these medicines were like the prescription drugs that western doctors prescribed - they could cause sickness if not given with the right intention or prepared in the right way, or taken in the right dosage, and that is why the formula is not freely given out to anyone who wants it. Also, if it gets in the wrong hands - someone who practices in a negative way - the medicine could hurt or kill someone.

After Don died, there were a few people that he knew who actually made more of their relationship with him than was really there. A few people in the states who are herbalists claim that my husband taught them how to make a number of herbal medications - but that is untrue. The contact he had with them was for maybe 3 to 5 days every year or two and most of it was in ceremony. These people did not have any experience harvesting or preparing the medicines with him. There is one herbalist in Winnipeg who runs a small herb store and although he was not taught by Don,he  is very knowledgeable and has a good relationship with the Aboriginal people who come to his store. He provides Elders with medicines for ceremonies that they cannot get from the land around here, and he deeply discounts the herbs or supplies them to the Elders pretty much free of charge.

Offline Pagangod

I ran across something in here about Geoffrey Ashe who I am familiar with. Something that was taken out of context. He did conclude the Tor was a labyrinth with pagan roots along with Russell Scott as did Kathy Jones in her book The Goddess of Glastonbury. Ashe goes into more detail in his book The Glastonbury Tor Maze. Half the people around these parts call the Tor the labyrinth.

I have a friend who is Ojibwe. I was curious. I sent him the formula in here and asked him if it was fake. He said it wasn't fake, said there was more to it but felt that the medicine man who said it was legit. It is used here in the U.K. by naturopathic doctors in the treatment of cancer.

Offline Pagangod

I have a question on the Munay Ki rites since we have heard of them here as well.

If the Q'ero Inka nation intended these rites as gifts to all of mankind, why are they considered genocidal or racist?

“We have been the keepers of rites that usher in who we are becoming as a people, as a planet. These processes are not only for the Indians, but for the entire world.”

– Don Manuel Quispe 

Thank you

• Global Moderator
"Pagangod," please go to the member introductions section and introduce yourself.

Munay-Ki is a fraudulent, nuage mess. It's not traditional. Here is the main thread on it: http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=1622.0

If you search from the main page you will find lots more on Munay-Ki. It's become a mainstay of the newage frauds.

If you read the thread you will see that most of the herbs in the forumula have some type of medicinal effects, but not the ones they're being pushed for, and it can be harmful to take if you have blood sugar issues or cancer. It often makes the cancer *grow*.  The person you talked to didn't know herbalism. Of course people want to believe it will help. Cancer is horrible. But this is not the way to help.

Offline SallyN

« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2015, 05:42:23 pm »
Re: Glastonbury Tor etc. I live in Glastonbury and can safely say that no one calls it The Labyrinth, it's the Tor.

« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2015, 08:41:03 pm »
This is sure a hot mess. I looked at that complaint site and the people who are posting there seem to all be white. They sure have a lot to say and Cate seems hellbent on consorting with people who promote and participate in appropriation. Cate since its real obvious you are monitoring this thread I would like to invite you to meet with some Elders in your area. I would like to know how you explain all the things you have said especially bad things you said about FN and NA people. I know Pete and Nora. They are the same Nation but different band from me. I will post in their threads. You are walking a very dangerous path Cate. You cant claim to care about FN and NA people and respect traditions when you only do when it has a benefit for you.

Offline RedRightHand

« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2015, 09:39:48 pm »
On those two attack pages they've made about NAFPS, they have copied and pasted content from WHITE SUPREMACIST sites. For real, stuff that used to be on pages run by Neo-Nazi groups, that has since been taken down for the lies, libel and slander it is.

Think about that. The Neo-Nazi site administrators had more ethics here than Cate Crow and John O'Brien. Even they realized their attacks were unfounded and removed those lies. But now Cate and John are posting them.

Cate, and John O'Brien (the Wiccan who posted here as "Atehequa"), why are you posting the libel about our Native members and allies that was written by NAZIS?  Is one of you the person who used to hang out on Stormfront and attack brown people with these words? Did you just archive the words written by Nazis, or did you write those first posts yourselves?

Whether you're a mouthpiece or the author of white supremacist propoganda, the words of Nazis are coming out of your mouths and your keyboards. You are in bed with people who want Natives DEAD. Congratulations. You could have hardly shown your true colors in a more vivid, disgusting, and transparent way.

Next time there's a shooter who got their hit list from the sites you frequent, we will think of you.