Author Topic: stupid question  (Read 6914 times)

Offline somebody

stupid question
« on: August 22, 2008, 04:17:21 pm »
Hi,i am somebody from northern germany.i hope my english will be ok.I`m searching for information i f elders of Na-,Da- or Lakota are informed of a "ceremony" which is leaded by a native person of Canada,who was adopted by people of Standing Rock in a Hunka-ceremony.Do they know anything about it?Are they in harmony what is going on there since now 18 years?This is what i would like to ask them in a polite way in written words,if possible.I would be very thankful for advices.For now i wouldn`t like to tell the names before it is cleared up in a way.Thank you.

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
Re: stupid question
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 10:13:02 pm »
I am from Standing Rock and adoption does not give anyone the right to do ceremonies. If you would like to leave me a personal message and tell me more or email me at earthw7@yahoo.com
In Spirit

Offline somebody

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 09:17:31 am »
Thanks to your  answeres Earthw7 ,also Ingeborg.I have a very funny problem with my pc.I need to check,i will come back to this as soon as possible.

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 08:30:39 pm »
I checked with the people and the answer is no!!

They are deeply hurt that someone who they trusted
would do this. he has no rights to do ceremonies,
lead ceremonies or any other right.

This is why we are clsoing off the ceremonies to non-natives
you just can't ntrust them and then they began to think
they have some kind of rights

In Spirit

Offline Kevin

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 12:07:06 pm »
I don't blame you guys for closing off ceremony for non-Indians. You should have a bucket of tar on hand and when the wannabes show up with their chicken feathers, apply some tar and run them off your land.

Offline chiefytiger

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 12:57:21 pm »
I have to agree /no person who isnt given that right should not be doing any type of ceremonies .And not abroad as well,thats why our ppls here on Turtle Island are havin problems .Hope that you take the it serious and inform ppls that it isnt right .
ChiefyTiger
hope to hear from you too!!!

Offline somebody

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 05:22:42 pm »
The native person i was asking about is en enrolled member of the First Nation of Ca.In your eyes he may be worked with wannabes,but  around 25 years ago we have trusted him as a person.I´m very unhappy that again people got hurted deeply through all that.We discussed all that also at a german forum and i will let know them what came out of this. Other people ,also me have been talking to participants of these "ceremonies" a lot of times.But mostly they don´t want to listen.Also different native people came around and often they didn`t have a problem with that kind,or they didn´t tell us.So it went on...But times are changing ,i and may be others will let them know again that they are doing wrong.Thank you Earthw7 for your work.If something is going to change i will let you know. i only can close with apologize,they don´t know what they are doing :'(somebody

Offline shoshone1

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2008, 03:25:57 pm »
Hey somebody my Kola chiefy tiger told me to tell you hello and that he no longer is on this site .has some personnal issues that he has to deal with ....

This is chiefytiger talking to himelf. Now banned for multiple registration and sock-puppetry.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 12:12:08 pm by Barnaby_McEwan »

Offline somebody

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2008, 10:15:15 am »
Thanks for the message shoshone1,please send a friendly hello back to chiefy tiger,i hope everything will work out in a good way,somebody

Offline Barnaby_McEwan

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2008, 12:11:41 pm »
Please use private messages for this kind of thing in future.