Author Topic: Defend the Wolves.org  (Read 5195 times)

Offline Tberri

Defend the Wolves.org
« on: June 10, 2007, 12:35:03 am »
Am curious about this org. for the simple fact their heavy on the donate links but no mention of a location of their physical site. The whole FN Outreach strikes me as odd since their only close mention of a powwow was in Alabama.
Pretty far off from FN activities. Other links are to the Lakota/Nakota/Dakota ect....western nations.
I came across it while linking thru current info about the June 29th protests planned up north.

www.firstnationsoutreach.org

I was hoping someone had some info concerning their organization.
thanks

Offline dabosijigwokush

Re: Defend the Wolves.org
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 02:54:29 am »
Log Out My GuideStar Shopping Cart GuideStar It!1--    Advanced Search
using products support classifieds resources news about contact
Search Results | New Search

FIRST NATIONS OUTREACH PROJECT
Also Known As: FNORP
35 Bence Rd
Cragford, AL 36255   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GENERAL INFORMATION
Telephone: (256) 354-5196
Fax: (256) 354-5196
E-mail: You must be a GuideStar Select or Premium subscriber to view this information.
Web Site: defendthewolves.org

Who We Are
The First Nations Outreach Project is a Native American Religious Organization and a 501 c3 Non-Profit Organization and is an incorporated Not For Profit Organization in the State of Alabama.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This organization is a 501(c)(3) Public Charity.
This organization is not required to file an annual return with the IRS because its income is less than $25,000.
Additional narrative information in this report was last supplied by the organization on January 16, 2007.
Contributions are deductible, as provided by law.

How to Help
This organization is seeking funds from contributions and grants. These funds will be used for unrestricted operating expenses, special projects, building improvements and endowments.

Location(s) Served
National

NTEE Code
A23—Cultural, Ethnic Awareness
C60—Environmental Education and Outdoor Survival Programs
D34—Wildlife Sanctuary/Refuge

EIN: You must be a GuideStar Select or Premium subscriber to view this information.
Year Founded: 1996
Ruling Year: 2005

Offline dabosijigwokush

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 03:03:55 am »
firstnationsoutreach.org   Whois Form
Organization:First Nations Outreach Project
Registrant Street1:1988 Bence Road
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:Cragford
Registrant State/Province:Alabama
Registrant Postal Code:36255
Registrant Country:US
Registrant Phone:+1.12563545196
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Registrant Email:jwindwalker@centurytel.net.net
Admin ID:GODA-28805527
Admin Name:Jim Windwalker
Admin

Registration information:  http://www.internic.net

Denson, Jim
1988 Bence Rd

Cragford, AL 36255-6736

(256) 354-5196

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 03:34:04 am »
I've spoken with Jim Windwalker online a few times several years ago. He's a Cherokee bounty hunter, politics lean toward Libertarian, kind of. Also civil rights activist, antiwar. He knows Indian Law well enough that I mistook him for a lawyer for a long time.

Offline Tberri

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2007, 09:29:50 pm »
Thanks for the info!
Still confused as to why an Org. in Alabama is Dealin with FN issues. Thats why it raised a red flag with me. Altho he'd posted on a northern forum, there doesn't seem to be any follow up from FN folks. That always  raises a red flag with me. Plus on his site there's no mention of June 29th....looks to a be a biggie, whether peaceful at the Seaway bridge an Ottawa, or a bit "friskier" in other locations. Not even a mention of Ipperwash!!
That can't be right??!!
Sorry, just have run across too many folks playin with wolves, claiming to "help" ndns an just really "playing native".
I may be "jaded" ;D