Author Topic: 7 circles heritage org.  (Read 18173 times)

Offline Raven_Walkingstick

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
7 circles heritage org.
« on: May 23, 2006, 08:08:35 pm »
This group has been mentioned briefly in here.
link is http://www.7circlesheritage.org/outreach.htm.

Going on their site, you will see they are offering workshops on the following subjects.

1. The Resiliency Wheel
2. Cleansing, body, mind and spirit in the Inipi (sweat) ?
 ?  ? lodge
3. The role of music in the Inipi lodge
4. Pipe and drum medicine
This is only an example of what they are offering.
There is a fee for the workshops depending on half day - overnight.

This org. is hiding behind the United Methodist Church of Peoria, IL.
They do receive monies under Native grants, yet they are no real natives that are on their board of directors or in charge of these "workshops". And they do charge a fee for their classes and workshops.

This group has brought in many frauds for speaking engagements such as Morgan EagleBear, Steve McCullen, Jim Gillium, Jeanie Hubert and many others claiming to be "medicine people". ? Which all were paid for by native grants.
Their future web site you will see they will have healers, which they have many "medicine people" that can be contacted.

This group has been the central starting point of many fraud groups in Arkansas, Missouri, Kentucky, Tenn. , Louisiana, Georgia, Indiana and is now speading into Oklahoma.

I am forming a group to personally protest this group and hopefully educate many in Illinois that what they teach is not native tradtions but a mix of many beliefs rolled into one and put out to the public as native.
They have been seen on tv, and many newspapers spreading their "native friendly" fellowship to entice more members. However it is nothing more than exploiting for profit.

Many of you have not been to IL, but if you did and attended a pow wow here, you would be pretty disgusted by what you would see. Pipe ceremonies and buffalo skulls in the middle of arenas, spirit fires, medicine people walking all around doing namings, and weddings.
Some do not allow people to enter into the arena except in the west direction and must turn clockwise before entering as though they were at a sun dance.
Most of the pow wows are put on by these same people, they are either a member of the fellowship or are on the board of directors.

It has ruined most of any small real tradtional pow wows in the state.
The Chicago Indian Center is no help some are paid to come and validate these pow wows as MC and arena directors. I understand those that earn their money from participating, however it has worsened the problem that has spread like wild fire.
If any members here live in IL. please go on their site, read for yourself and if you would like to be a part of a solution, please contact me. ?  Thanks

weheli

Re: 7 circles heritage org.
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 01:10:23 am »
 :-/"Siyo Raven,

I to have been following this group for a long while. All that you say is true and factual.

They have no true knowledge of accurate American Indians traditions or ceremonies. They take a little of this and a little of that and mix it all up and call it Native American.

The one teaching the "pipe" has been asked who his Elder is, who gave him the rights to the Pipe and who taught him. No one has received an answer. My friend was at a Pipe ceremony he did and the Pipe was disrespected and the ceremonie all wrong. But  he is teaching this in workshops???

They have what is called a Spirit Fire and it is at all pow wows, by the way pow wow's do not have spirit fires, but as a result of this, all of the pow wows now believe it is ok to have this. Wrong teaching spreading.

The Inipi, swet lodge has also been disrespected and this is when a "full blood", there words not mine, was running the lodge. Some women were dressed with long tee shirts to the knee, dogs running through the altar and drinking the water ment for the lodge. Now I am Cherokee and we do not swet but I believe my Brothers and Sister of other Nations, who do lodges in a traditional way would agree this is wrong. But they are teaching the inipi, songs, ect. Which in and of itself is wrong. Wrong teachings spreading.NO ONE as been given the Rights to teach about any of these things. THATS A FACT. They answer to no one but Carol Eastin.According  to my traditions and ceremonies of the Cherokee we do not teach these things to the public. How about the rest of you, Lakota, Ojibway, Navaho, ect.?????

These people are spreading teachings they no nothing about, are spreading these teaching all across the state even to the four directions. They have no Elders, No traditional teachers, and are as a result many other things go on that I am not able to speak of at this time.

The new link is The Lakota Project, I am not familiar with this. However Seven circles will use any one, Native, sites connected to Native Projects, whether they be frauds or not to get to whatever Carols agenda is.

They are known as:
Seven Circles Heritage Center
Seven Circles Heritage Center of Central Illinois Foundation
Native American Fellowship of Peoria
Seven Circles Heritage Foundation.

Wado  Weheli :-/

weheli

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 07:22:51 pm »
Just received word that this group has received word about this site and are scrammbling to change leaders, leaders of pow wows, and  knows we are here as well as other fraud groups are looking into what is going on there. I say lets stay on them and hopefully this bunch  of wannabees and false teachers as well as false medicine people will either shut down or do things in the right way.

I do not know why no one is responing on the forum but your help with this group and research would be of great help and support. :-?

Wado Weheli :)  

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2006, 09:36:41 pm »
Carol Eastin's bunch was researched awhile ago.
http://www.newagefraud.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1139426307

I'm not sure what else we could do. It seems like what's needed the most at this point could only be done by people living close to this bunch, asking people in the communities.

I'll try again if you want. Does anyone have other names of the main ones involved? Esp those chapters that are supposed to be springing up in other states?

Offline Raven_Walkingstick

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2006, 10:15:27 pm »
Yes, you are right Al, about getting people involved in this area. That is why I asked all those that live here in IL and nearby states.

I am working on a list of splinter groups from here. I do have 2 that are or have been connected to the fellowship.

One is The Southern Cherokee: A member of the Peoria fellowship, claimed to be a medicine woman that preformed ceremonies wherever she went. Her name is Cindy Clayton. When asked who gave her the rites to ceremonies, she stated she was a member of the Southern Cherokee and "Chief Smith" gave her the rites. The fellowship offered cherokee language classes with grants and a fee for the workshop. They were taught by Cindy Clayton. She was also one of their "medicine people".

Another group which I don't know if any have heard of is the Northern Cherokee of the Louisiana Purchase. Many members of this group were also members of the fellowship of Peoria.
The pow wows that are put on by the Peoria group, most of the vendors are from many splintered groups throughout the south.

The commanche tribe at one of their gourd dances had a member of the fellowship show up at their gourd dance and went out into the arena during the dance. When asked to leave he became very rude and told them he was a member of the gourd dance society and had a right to be out there with them. His picture has been on one of the Cherokee sites as a "Chief"

And a course there are the two sundance, southern IL and Ind. Most are also members of the Peoria fellowship. The ILL sundance, you can find their t-shirts being sold by the Rainbow group at most pow wows in IL. ? The founder of the rainbow group and two members are on the board of directors of the Peoria fellowship.

Some friends out of Tulsa have been to ILL and has seen what has gone on here. They are willing to come here to try and get some of these things straightened out.
There will be a posting in here of their recent newsletter. You will see that a member of the fellowship is bringing in who she says is a Hopi medicine man by the name of Cimeron Glover? This being paid for by once again grants.

The only difference between this group and all the others posted in here is that it hides behind The Methodist Church. They are guilty as all the others in here of exploiting and making monies teaching false and misleading Native tradtions.

So does what they do make it ok, because they use the Methodist Church as their front? ? If I am overstepping the line , please let me know.
I have seen in here things discussed in great lengths that were actually very small in comparrison to what goes on with this group.
I am aware that everyone is located throughout however I do know some in here live in this state yet do not speak out against what they do. ? This is my way of saying once again, are you part of the problem or the solution? I don't need the whispers in my ears ? from some of the members that will back us up, yet not speak out in public on this matter, with more information.

Offline mary_good_bear

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2006, 11:47:39 am »
I've seen first hand how this group conducts itself especially at the powwows that they put on here in Illinois.  That is why I don't go to any powwows in Illinois anymore, because usually someone from this group has their hands on it somewhere.  I'm tired of seeing the traditions and culture bastardized and disrespected by these people.  That's also why I've told Raven that whatever she decides to do I'm behind her just let me know when and where.  What I can't believe is that there are only three of us living in this state who are willing to go the distance for what we believe.  I've seen alot of talk on this site about problems and things that need to be changed all over, but if all we ever do is talk we change nothing.  I myself would rather be part of the solution than part of the problem.  This problem is close enought to me I can help in person.  I just hope anyone else out there who can will do the same.

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2006, 04:21:41 pm »
THere are probably more in your state, but not on this site. One thing occurred to me, is to approach the Methodist Church and ask them why this group is associated with them when it is exploitive of true Native culture. Make them accountable. Unfortunately, one of our local frauds got his start as a Methodist minsiter. :(

weheli

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2006, 06:13:09 pm »
Seven Circles Heritage Center Foundation

Questions Commonly Asked:

How is Seven Circles related to the Fellowship and Rainbow Dancers?  Seven Circles Heritage Center Foundation was organized in 2000 when Bill Rutherford offered 23 acres of land to the Native American Community of the Peoria Area.  When this opportunity arose, Pastor Carol Lakota Eastin quickly invited leaders of: Rainbow Dancers, local drum groups, and the Native American Fellowship to form the initial board of Directors and create a mission statement.  Seven Circles is a 501c.3 organization completely separate from these other organizations, and serving all of them.

Who’s on the Board?  
          Seven Circles has several levels of leadership.  
Board of Directors:    Carol Lakota Eastin, president             Governing Council: Bd of directors plus:
                                   Butch McCamy, Vice President                                            Randy Eggers
                                   Dr. Rebecca Gearhart, Secretary                                           Waylon McCamy
                                   Linda Lane, Treasurer                                                            Randy Starnes
                                   Harley Patterson                                                                     Patti Erwin
                                   Eliida Lakota                                                                          Kevin Cashmer
                                   Dr. Chris Rybak                                                                     Randy Tuttle
                                     Charley Armstrong
Advisory Board:  Dr. Jim Ausfahl (medical)                                                            JR Lane
                             Julie Barr (Dickson Mounds)
                             Gloria Lahood (Historian)
                             Brian Fox Ellis  (storyteller)
                             Dr. Michael Shinkle (advocate for Indian People)

Committees:  Building,  Landscaping and Grounds, Academic Outreach, Communications, Interfaith
                       Activities, Veterans Pow Wow, Thunder in the Valley,   (volunteers needed!)

How is Seven Circles Financed?
Seven Circles relies on private donations, user fees, and grants.  We are proud to announce that we are receiving an operational grant from the Illinois Arts Council and from the United Methodist Church, Illinois Great Rivers Conference.  

General Membership with dues will help us sustain the center, increase our communications, and our volunteer pool.  At this time, Seven Circles has no paid staff members.  Native American Fellowship staff have assisted us as an outreach service to help establish our community center.  We are looking for volunteers to help in every area, including office, library, landscaping, teaching.  We have a resident on site who volunteers for the center.  Seven Circles has been the site for sabbatical study, internships, and we are glad that we will have a Bradley Research Assistant working with us in 2006-7.  

Relationships
We enjoy rich relationships with:  Rainbow Dancers, Native American Fellowship Dayspring Church, Central Illinois Gourd Dance Club, Return to Pimiteoui Pow Wow, Midwest Soarring, Bradley University, Illinois Wesleyan University, Illinois State Museum, The Nature Conservancy, Wildlife Prairie State Park,
Forest Park Foundation, Arts Partners, and more!

We invite you to become part of the Seven Circles Family. Through your membership support you can Make a Difference!
Complete the form on the reverse side and return to the center.

weheli

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2006, 06:19:31 pm »
NAF-DAYSPRING is a United Methodist Church.
Offices at: Seven Circles Heritage Center
8817 W. Southport Rd. Edwards, IL, 61528        Phone:  309-637-1046        Fax: 309-637-6017
   Rev. Carol Lakota Eastin, pastor;                     Linda Lane, pastor’s assistant            
               NAFCAROL@MTCO.COM   new email addresses    NAFLANE@MTCO.COM              JUNE  2006

PENTECOST SUNDAY JUNE 4

Celebrate the Holy Spirit……..
Celebrate the One Year Anniversary of our church
1:30  Worship at Daypspring!  Back to worshipping in the great outdoors, at the land site of our future church building.
Baptism, Church Membership, The Lords Supper. If  interested in
Baptism or church membership, contact Pastor Carol 397-5957.
3:00 Celebrate our Church’s Birthday:
Cake, games, gifts. Potluck.
Bring a gift for NAF:
Needed:  paper plates, bowls, coffee, sugar, creamer, paper towels, plastic forks, reams of paper for copier, cold drink mixes, hot chocolate mix,
-------------------------------------------
GREETINGS FROM ARIZONA
     Written by Barb Smith
   Greetings from the Navajo /Hopi reservation in Northern Arizona.  I have been living on this reservation for almost two years, working as a nurse in the local hospital.
     Tuba City rests on a high plateau, which is divided between the Navajo and the Hopi reservation, 1 and half-hours from the Grand Canyon. It is a desert region   The nearest  (cont p. 2)
Sun June 11
10:30  POW WOW worship gathering:   Join us at the Return to Pimiteoui Pow Wow for worship! Special Guest: Cimeron, Hopi Teacher will be speaking. (see related article:  Greetings from Arizona)

RETURN TO PIMITEOUI
15th Annual          POW-WOW
 SATURDAY
Grounds Open at 8:00 AM for Pancake Breakfast - or 10:00 am otherwise.
Gourd Dancing at 12:30 pm and 6:00 pm
Grand Entry at 1:30 pm and 7:00 pm
SUNDAY
Grounds Open at 8:00 AM for Pancake Breakfast - or 10:00 am otherwise
10:30  WORSHIP GATHERING
Gourd Dancing at 12:30 pm
Grand Entry at 1:30 pm

WH Sommer Park, Peoria www.peoriapowwow.org

Sun June 18
130 Worship at Dayspring
3:00 Father’s Day Games
Bring out your dads and uncles for games and competitions

Prayer Chain Contacts:
Rose Staley  309- 274-3561 or rosalie.hagaman@insightbb.com

Sun June 25   DICKSON MOUNDS GATHERING
near Lewistown Illinois
1:00  Lecture by Dr. Wyant on Sacred Sites.
2:00:  Native Gathering
Ceremonial for gathering of soil: Sacred Sites Runners
Spirit of the Rainbow Drum
Dancers Needed
Lightwalker: Native American Flute & Song
Made possible by a grant from The United Methodist Committees on Native American Ministries of Illinois.
Cimeron, Hopi teacher
Potluck Meal at 5pm for our Native American Family.  Bring Food.
Bring Lawnchairs.
   Dickson Mounds Museum,  a National Historic Site, is one of the major on-site archaeological museums in the United States.  Explore the world of the American Indian in an awe inspiring journey through 12,000 years of human experience in the Illinois River Valley.   The museum is open daily from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. There is no admission charge.
The Native American Fellowship enjoys our relationship with Dickson Mounds!  We hope you will ALL JOIN us at the Mounds. We recommend you come in the morning, and spend some time in the exhibits!   For directions go to http://www.museum.state.il.us/ismsites/dickson
SMALL GROUPS Central to our Spiritual Growth is being connected with other Christians.
Women’s Group:
Mon June 26 at Dayspring, East Peoria for a potluck picnic at 12 noon.  Option: join us at Water Park afterward; enjoy a lazy river with friends!
Film  Fellowship  a Movie & Discussion. Times vary.  Leader: Jessica Johnson. Call to be put on contact list.
The Woodcarvers
Tuesdays at 5:30 at 7 Circles
Woodcarving group works on individual and group projects.
Leon Gass, Leader
The Artistic Spirit
Thursdays at 6:30  at 7 Circles. Participation open to the artistic spirit in all of us.  (no experience necessary).  A multi-media approach.  Charley Armstrong, Leader
Healing Circle  at 7 circles
Dr. Chris Rybak & Pastor Carol
Summer Time:  Mondays 2-3:30
The group is planning to work on the memorial garden beginning at 10am on Mondays. Everyone is welcome to help. Bring light lunch.
Springfield Fellowship:
Meeting the fourth Tuesday of
Every month at 6:30

From the Tribe
Congratulations Graduates:
Jeremy Roberts, High School
Jessica Bale, Jr High
PRAY FOR
Our elders:  Ruth Sine, June Haikey,  Mary Gohde’s mother.
For healing: Jamie Rensimer, Shari Lagore, Beth Rubel , April Elston,   Fred Shelabarger, Cathy Miller, Bill Rutherford,  Jeff Clark
Robert Jones.
-For Sacred Sites Run; those warriors protecting our holy places

Prayer Chain Contacts:
Rose Staley  309- 274-3561 or rosalie.hagaman@insightbb.com
(Arizona, cont )
City is Flagstaff, Arizona, which is about 96 miles away.  
     The population of Tuba City is 98% Native American. The primary language is Navajo and coming in second is Hopi. About 80% practice their ancient traditional beliefs and know the stories taught thru the ages by their ancestors.
    There are approximately 250,000 Navajo living on the reservation and about 5000 Hopi. Both Nations struggle to maintain honor, respect the past while struggling to survive in the present.
    History tells, for many years how the Hopi and the Navajo have not walked together mainly because of the Navajo taking over so much of the Hopi lands Yet it was the Hopi that helped stop Kit Carson from killing off the Navajo nation.
     I have been able to walk with many  Navajo and Hopi during my stay here.  It has been my privilege to stay in Hogan’s and to be invited into the Kiva's.  However I do feel like I understand and walk closer with the Hopi.
    The Hopi still prefer to be left alone by the outside world and only open few village dances/ ceremonies for the public. Signs on the entrance to the village warn of their wish to be left alone by non-native people. They are mostly farmers and live in 9 small villages with a close clan structure and depend greatly on the family and their clan relatives. Each village has Kivas, the Hopi place of prayer and ceremony. Each village differs in the number of Kiva they have.  
    I am most familiar with two of the 9 villages Holtville, and Moenkopia. The first village of the Hopi was established in old Oribi and many years latter over a          disagreement some the villagers split and formed the town of Hotevilla.  Most of the village is made of connected stone huts with the first layer by the plaza being the first built and another row formed behind it.  There are two plazas in Hotevilla where the families gather to celebrate their dances and the Katchina appear.  Each family is assigned a Kiva and it is their responsibility to care for it.  Occasionally a Kiva sponsors a dance.  Their dances begin in December, in 2005; it was on Christmas Eve, when the Kivas were opened led by one of the female Katchina.   There are 14 Katchinas but only 4 of them are women.  The traditional Hopi villages do not have electricity or in door plumbing. Their chief water supply is their springs. The village councils have chosen not to have these conveniences because of belief in the prophecy of the ancient ones. " As long as one child remembers the traditions and the way, the world will be allowed to survive"
     Hopi people are loosing their ceremonies and clans are dying off. As a result ceremonies are being lost. The snake dance is one, which in the past could be seen at each village but as the old ones die and do not pass on their wisdom, this dance is only done now at three of the nine villages. This is why it is important to listen now because they are truly a dying Nation.
     If you want more information on the dances, Katchinas, the sacred, and the people come and listen to Cimarron Gr

weheli

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2006, 06:24:21 pm »
MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION

Members are an invaluable source of strength, building the circle of support in an ever expanding way.  Join the circles. Cause a ripple. You CAN Make A Difference.

Date__________________________________

Name_________________________________ Spouse________________________________

Children_______________________________ Children_______________________________

Children_______________________________ Children_______________________________

Address______________________________________________________________________

City___________________________________ State_________ Zip Code_________________

Phone_________________________________ Email_________________________________

Tribal affiliation or other nationality (optional) ________________________________________

Special abilities or talents you can help with:________________________________________

New_____________ Renewal______________ Additional Donation $____________________

Annual Dues:

Individual $15.00
Family $25.00 (max 2 adults and children 17 and under)
Group/Organization $50.00
Lifetime Membership  $250.00

Membership entitles you to a membership card with discounts to Seven Circles Heritage Center Foundation events, invitations to special events, opportunity to work on active committees, and issues of the Seven Circles Newsletter, Ripples.   Donations are tax deductible.

Mail Application to Seven Circles Heritage Center, 8817 W. Southport Rd., Edwards, IL,

We invite you to be a part of Seven Circles Heritage Center where individuals can learn about, share in, and enjoy the rich and complex cultural heritage of the diverse cultures that have been in the Peoria area, ranging from Native American through European immigrant to today's culture.

The American Indian community is the host, but all other people are invited
 to be a part of the membership and activities.
 Connections are made between all tribes of people and many cultures.

A high priority is preserving the culture to pass on to future generations. We are all related is an important belief taught to keep harmony and balance on the planet.

Seven Circles Heritage Center is supported by a program grant from the Illinois State Arts Council.

weheli

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2006, 06:41:01 pm »
 ::)this Grover, mentioned,I was told 2 weeks ago is a Hopi medicine man. Real, Traditional medicine men do not do these things. Barb Smith at one time claimed herself to be a medicine woman. ;D

Personal knowledge,and from my own eyes, I have seen  "a bunch of wannabee's" playing indian, mixing new age and taking parst of native ceremonies and calling them Native American when in fact they are not. Most if not all are white with very little to no American lineage at all. Nor have I ever seen True Native American Traditions practiced. :-/

NOTE: dues, donations, Prayers from the TRIBE....What Tribe????
Much monies have been given and grants obtained to maintain the 7 circles land denoted on the web site but very, very, little is done. Grass seldomed mowed and the pond never maintained and a breading ground for all types of insects and algie(sp).

As far as not paid staff, that to is incorrect! The secratary is paid as is Carol Eastin.
MT QUESTION IS, WHY SO MANY NAMES FOR GROUP OF PEOPLE. :-X

WEHELI :o

Offline crow04

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2006, 02:08:35 am »
Hello, I am new to this board but not to the problem discussed re: 7 circles. It is good that this is in this fraud site. I have had  much experience with these people. One of the members on the board of directors told me one time that, "the Lakota are very creative people and we can create ceremonies that fit us". Maybe that best sums up the attitude of how the trinity of 7 circles, Native American Fellowship of Peoria, and the 7 circles Heritage Foundation work. There are some good people that go around ("these")  this group. But the leaders are misteaching, misinforming, and guiding others; especially youth in a way that not only causes disrespect to Natives everywhere; but also to the people themselves within the group. Many of the "Natives" that have moved to or come to and thru the Fellowship'7 Circles have said that these people, especially pastor Carol have pressured and pushed them to do "ceremonies" that they didn't have permission from their elders to do/ or weren't a part of their tribal teachings. I have talked with several "good" Natives that have gotten caught up in the pressure and gave in to it. Our children have the right to learn the right and proper things. Not just what some people say they think they know or "create". Being taught "en mass" the wrong ways are a travesty to peoples that don't need any more injustice.

weheli

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2007, 09:42:53 pm »
here is an update on this group.

Native American Ecology Retreat;
Seven Circles HeritageCenter, Edwards, IL on Route 8 north of Wildlife Prairie Park.  (From Peoria, take I-74 to the Kickapoo exit; go left, until you reach Rte 8; go left on Rte 8. Seven Circles is on the left).   Native American Ecology Retreat for Individuals and Families hosted by Seven Circles Heritage Center in Edwards, IL. Adult activities will include presentations by Carol Lakota Eastin (Director of Seven Circles), Jason Beverlin (Nature Conservancy), Eliida Lakota (Illinois River Sweep), Tom Edwards (Citizens for our Environment). Adults will also be invited to participate in an evening sweat (inipi) lodge. $35. For more information on the retreat email or call: rgearhar@iwu.edu  / 309-827-9295.
Seven Circles Heritage Center is a gathering of people around a common cause, a common belief, that we are all related.  Since 1992, the local Native American Community has been increasingly visible.  This visibility has helped people with indigenous heritage to find one another, develop community, and work together for common goals.  Through the generosity of Bill and Hazel Rutherford and the Forest Park Foundation a 23-acre land site has been provided for Seven Circles.  Seven Circles Heritage Center is where all people can come to learn and to appreciate indigenous heritage. For Seven Circles information call 309-637-1046 or check the website http://www.7circlesheritage.org/
------------------------------------------------------------------------
8817 West Southport Road
Edwards, IL 61528-9770

Additional Business Information
Tel: (309) 637-1046
Fax:
Started in: 
Business Category Types
Churches Native American

Location & Maps
Maps: Google Maps | Yahoo Maps | MSN Maps | MapQuest Maps
Latitude: 40.743032
Longitude: -089.719542

Community arts grants: they have stated many times they make and sell Native American arts and crafts, which they are not able to do as there is no enrolled Native American at Seven Circles,
http://www.communityfoundationci.org/il_arts.asp

Here is another name they are now using: 
http://www.taxexemptworld.com/organization.asp?tn=936911

Here is Seven Circles heritage Center Foundation of Central Illinois, scroll down to note that it is Tonica, Illinois and has not complied;

http://www.irs.gov/irb/2005-15_IRB/ar15.html

Seven Circles heritage Center Flea Markets

Seven Circles Heritage Center will be hosting Flea Markets on the following fourth Saturdays on May 26th, June 23rd, July 28th, and August 25th from 9 AM to 5 PM. Food and Native American crafts will be available. The Center’s exhibit will be open. Native American drum and flute circles will meet in the afternoon. The public is invited to all events.
Vendors may call 309-382-2779 or 309-968-6848 to secure a spot.
Seven Circles Heritage Center is located in Edwards, IL on Route 8 north of Wildlife Prairie Park. From Peoria, take I-74 to the Kickapoo exit. Turn left, until you reach Route 8 and turn left on Route 8. Seven Circles will be on the left. For more information, please call Seven Circles Heritage Center at 637-1046 or check out the following website: www.7circlesheritage.org.

here we have Seven Circles under the Merchant Center;

And this Adventure Camp, which if you ever was at the Circle you would wander what kind of an adventure can this be? 
http://thecommunityword.com/blog/2006/06/seven-circles-heritage-centers.html

Womens retreat:
http://www.7circlesheritage.org/newsletter_calendar/Womens%20April%20Retreat.pdf

I see many of the board members are no longer there. here we have a group of people, with many names that is charging for everything, teaching native, Sacred native teachings to whomever will pay. However I do know what they teach is not accurate.

Weheli

weheli

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2007, 09:45:59 pm »
Sorry forgot this a must see:
http://www.7circlesheritage.org/gallery.htm
                                                               Weheli