Author Topic: Ralph Oquendo AKA Dancing Thunder, Susqehannock  (Read 52053 times)

Offline Zia

Re: grand sachem and chief
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2008, 06:54:27 am »
I'm still waiting for the "grand chiefs" manager to call me back to explain me all about the Susquehannocks. But she (Blue Star/ Late Wolf/ Singing Spirit) is very, very busy.........

LOL

Offline Zia

« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2008, 04:01:18 pm »
At last I had a talk with this lady. ( I called her, for she never called back)

She said several things:
There is an unwritten history, that can not be found in history books. Many people seem to know they are of Susquehannock descent and also remember their family history, like some of their ancestors went to Holland with the returning Dutch ships in the 17th century.
This lady claims she has a list of 4000 names of people of known Susquehannock origin and she gets emails weekly from people telling her about their Susquehannock roots, always kept secret for outsiders.
The tribe is registered in Florida and she could not explain to me the difference between a church and a tribe like hers.
She also told me she has met with Ralf Oquendo's family herself and that they held ceremonies in their house.
I forgot to ask her where Mr Oquendo learned to lead sweat lodges and all, she just told me he was born a medicine man and his father was a healer too.

So now I'm waiting for her to proof some of her story by showing me this list and emails..........

She sounded very convincing and I can't make out if she is just a very good lier or if she really believes all this crap herself

Offline Jallan

« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2014, 04:07:04 pm »
Hi everyone.

First off, I know I have not posted here much, I've mostly been lurking, and I know this thread is old as hell but I figured I could contribute.

I have met mr. Oquendo and can confirm that the guy who does she Shamanstic Teachings stuff is the same as the martial arts instructor. I have not attended any of his Shamanism workshops or anything, but he is indeed a fine instructor of kendo. My dojo (which is now disbanded) was somehow affiliated with his, so he came by as a guest sensei occasionally, and I believe some members of my dojo trained with him as well.

Anyway my own trainer mentioned his shamanic stuff and linked me to the website, although, like I said, I never attended their events.

I do recall him mentioning an incident that involved Oquendo and a handful of others randomly showing up at his house to perform some kind of ceremony. He described this Blue Star woman as particularly whacked out.

From what I've seen of Oquendo myself (which was only 1-2 classes of kendo I think) he seemed like a gentle, humble guy who swings a shinai with some lightning speed! (Making Dancing Thunder a pretty apt name) but he didn't bring up anything related to Native American spirituality or shamanism as far as I remember. He spoke with an American accent and although in a video that's been posted here there is definitely somewhat of a Dutch accent shining through here and there, I'm not exactly sure if I noticed that when I met him in person or if my memories are slightly distorted when I say that I did.

In any case, I hope that helped somewhat. If this guy is a fraud I'd like to know. Friends of mine are involved with him so.

Edit: typing properly on a phone with a cracked screen is hard
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 04:12:05 pm by Jallan »

Offline sandyfer

« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2014, 11:35:13 am »
This video is from 2010;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6hO_Oww2ic
Ralph Oquendo talking about 'well known' prophecies, about ancient ceremonies he practized in Europe with his group and wants to bring back to America (Whitefish Montana) and about four classical medicine way/wheel teachings that sound to me like core-shamanism four wind directions ritual.
The Montana project
Since 2009 the Montana project initiated. The Montana project is initiated as a way to bring back the original teachings and ceremonies in their full strength to the native people who are willing. It is seen as a part of fulfilling the prophecies as transferred by the Algonquian prophets. That now is the time to bring back these ancient wisdom and start to live in more harmonic way with the Earth. It is now needed more then ever.
from his site; http://susquehannock.org/

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Re: Ralph Oquendo AKA Dancing Thunder, Susqehannock
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2018, 04:23:50 pm »
Got a request about them. They've spread even more.

-------
https://bearsociety.de/susquehannock-societies
 SUSQUEHANNOCK & SOCIETIES
  Today's Susquehannock have been re-formed as direct descendants of the original Susquehannock.

"Chief Chief Piercing Eyes Pen, a direct descendant of the Susquehannock, had a vision and began to associate with people who wanted to walk a true path for humans.

As Chief Chief Piercing Eyes Pen retired, he transferred his position Chief / Chief Dancing Thunder. "                                                 

Ralp Oquendo, Chief Dancing Thunder

"Today there are scattered over Turtle Island several tribes of the Susquehannock.
  These tribes live in Florida, Oklahoma,  Ohio and in Alabama. "

Early Spring - Partner of Chief Piercing Eyes

The Alabama branch of the Susquehannock tribe, * Church of Native Spirituality *, was founded in 1976.

We have joined the Pan American Indian Association (ie: BIA, etc.) and are recognized by the US government as a tribal church.

"We have also decided that we do not want to affiliate with the bureaucratic control of a federal or state association of Indian affairs (ie: BIA, etc.).

We profess to practice an original American spiritual path. "

(Text & two images taken from: www.susquehannock.org & www.susquehannock.net)
  In Europe, the tribe has numerous members and Chief Dancing Thunder regularly teaches and sweatlodges.

The Susquehannock tribe has several Medicine Societies in Europe, each with their own individual knowledge and energy medicine.

Societies - Societies - Tribes in Europe

Bearsociety Europe   Chief Hans Red Bear

Crowsociety Europe  Chief Jolanda Sun Crow

Rainbowsociety Europe  Chief Jutta HealingHorses

Deputy Chief is Karin Rainbow Bird Baja

Dreamsociety Europe  Chief Andrea In Spirit Waters

Buffalosociety Europe  Chief Herbert Three Buffalo

Free Starnation  Chief Elke Seven Wind

Dragon Society  Chief Koen Silver Wolf Drum

White Hoop Society  Chief Ralf Dancing Thunder

White Swan Society Europe Chief Ulrike White Deer Effertz

-----------
Dragons and swans...reel NDN  ::)
They also sell channeling and Mongolian spirchul healing. You can't make this up...
Sometimes one feels sorry for victims. But in this case they are making a choice to ignore evidence staring them in the face. They are choosing to be blind.

The group in Florida's page hasn't been updated since 2016. Still no sign of them in the other three states.

Offline Sparks

Re: Ralph Oquendo AKA Dancing Thunder, Susqehannock
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2018, 08:21:11 pm »
SUSQUEHANNOCK & SOCIETIES

Today's Susquehannock have been re-formed as direct descendants of the original Susquehannock.

[…]
 "Today there are scattered over Turtle Island several tribes of the Susquehannock.
  These tribes live in Florida, Oklahoma,  Ohio and in Alabama. "

All of the above is in glaring contrast to what is claimed by another group that is under investigation right now (my bolding in quotes, both above and below):

ABOUT THE SUSQUEHANNOCK TRIBE OF AMERICAN INDIANS

The Susquehannock people were American Indians who lived in areas adjacent to the Susquehanna River and its tributaries from the southern part of what is now New York, through Pennsylvania, to the mouth of the Susquehanna in Maryland. They are the first humans to be  acknowledged in any written account of the Susquehanna Valley. John Smith, who helped establish the first English Colony in Virginia, noted the presence of the Susquehannocks in his journal upon his arrival in the New World.

Though the Susquehannocks were Iroquoian-like in speech, they were actually affiliated with the Algonquins. They established their towns along the branches of the Susquehanna because the waters facilitated travel and trade in the region and provided the Susquehannocks with a constant supply of fish and water.

None of the Susquehannock’s language has been preserved.

The Belize Fund is located on ground that is believed to be near the northernmost reaches of Susquehannock migration. The Susquehannock peoples were devastated in the Eighteenth Century by infectious disease and warfare.