Author Topic: Janice Clarfield, 05 Tea, $acred Mayan Cacao Ceremonie$  (Read 3673 times)

Offline kahtboosted

Janice Clarfield, 05 Tea, $acred Mayan Cacao Ceremonie$
« on: November 20, 2014, 05:57:25 pm »
http://o5tea.com/shop/cacao-153.html

http://urbanyoga.ca/html/cacaoceremonies.htm

Sacred Mayan Cacao Ceremony, December 7th, 6PM

Open your Heart to your own Inner Beloved Sacred Mayan Cacao Ceremony with Janice Clarfield

Enjoy heart felt guided meditations while savouring exquisite sacred Mayan Cacao from the rainforest of Guatemala.

You will remember and experience your own creative and loving essence. Ceremonial Cacao was traditionally used by the Ancient Mayan Shamans in ceremony to travel beyond ordinary perceptions to experience the mystery and joy of intrinsic loving kindness. To do this, the shamans infused their Cacao with spirit, giving the elixir a spiritual dimension.

Raw cacao contains high quality nutrients, ie: magnesium, manganese, vitamin C, omega 6 fatty acids, contains powerful antioxidants and chromium which balances blood sugar levels. Raw cacao also contains neurotransmitter modulating agents that act a natural antidepressants by allowing seratonin to remain longer in the blood stream.

An Indigenous Mayan myth tells us whenever the balance between humans and nature becomes threatened, Cacao comes from the rainforest to open people’s hearts and return the planet to a state of harmony.

Janice Clarfield enjoys an international reputation as an inspiring teacher of yoga, meditation and energy healing. Janice is based in Vancouver where she consults, teaches and maintains a private practice of yoga therapy and energy medicine. She is known for her warm, gentle and creative approach to guiding clients and students to explore being in their bodies, while deepening experience, understanding and enjoyment in the integration of physical, mental, emotional, energetic and spiritual well being.

In the temple of your own body, within the heart is a lotus flower. Within the lotus is an illuminated jewel space. Find who dwells in this precious space within your heart. Know that person, love that being. That is you.
Chandogya Upanishad

To find out more about Janice, please visit her website directly at: http://www.urbanyoga.ca/

*This is a Ticketed Event at O5 Tea. Tickets can be purchased in advance from our website for an early bird rate of $25 or at the door for $30. Refunds: We offer credit only towards upcoming special events or loose leaf teas at our store

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Janice Clarfield, 05 Tea, $acred Mayan Cacao Ceremonie$
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 08:27:16 pm »
Holy smokes! $25-$30 for a cup of hot cocoa and guided meditation??  :o Why do nuagers think guided meditation is ceremony? I have encountered that belief before. One friend was SURE that the women's "moon ceremony": was the real deal, even after I pointed out it came from a book written by an englishwoman who had channeled it. Even after I explained that I have never been to a ceremony where they did guided meditation. I realize that this is one of the cheaper ceremonie$ but really, that's one spendy cup of chocolate. I can buy organic cacao at the local grocery store for way way cheaper and make my own cup of chocolate with organic milk, spices and sweetner and have some left over for many more cups.

Plus this Janice Clarfield isn't Mayan and shouldn't be claiming to offer "Sacred Mayan" ceremonie$.

Offline kahtboosted

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 02:30:49 am »
These new-agers have some nerve to market supposed indigenous sacred ceremonies. It is definately packaged mostly for nuagers, as she mentions this 'sacred mayan' tradition, and then conveniently drops quotes from the Upanishads and talks about her background as a yoga teacher. India and Central Amerika are very far from each other, Hinduism has nothing to do with mayan traditions. And being a yoga teacher does not give one any right to sell 'sacred ceremonies', especially with a pseudo-ethnic facade to the ceremonies. Such (typically white) arrogance.
I doubt that the descendants of the Mayan traditions mentioned by Clarfield are hanging out at a specialty tea shop, drinking spendy teas while paying for guided meditations being sold as their indigenous ceremonies. lol
If she wants to sell guided meditations, she needs to market them as such and quit ripping off Mayan traditions. Be up front about it, it is a yoga lady charging 25 bucks a gullible person to meditate on hot chocolate. Yet she sells it to them as a 'sacred mayan ceremony' instead.
These new-agers do not realize, they cannot buy a sacred tradition the way they can go buy a yogamat. They, especially white folks, tend to think they are entitled to everything. So they continue practicing these neo-colonialistic, culture-vulturing habits.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 02:41:58 am by kahtboosted »

Offline tecpaocelotl

• That one guy...
    • My blog
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 08:10:04 pm »
I think making your own chocolate drink from scratch automatically makes you relax.

Also, never heard of an indigenous community that used raw cacao. It's either sun-dried or roasted.